PDA

View Full Version : Can I register games with dialup connection?

CGott
11-26-2013, 07:00 PM
I know some of these games require online registry, but I have only a slow dialup internet connection. Would I be able to play newe:confused:r games like Assassin's Creed? I plan to get a faster computer soon, but if I need a broadband connection to play games, I may not. Also, is it possible to register a game on a slower computer than is required to play the game, and then transfer the game to a faster computer? TIA

UdyrXinTheHouse
11-26-2013, 07:10 PM
You do not have to be online or connected to the internet to play.

Once you download/install the game - You are required to log into Uplay once before you are able to go to offline mode. Once you do that,
you can set Uplay to go offline mode all the time and you can play single player anytime you want.

Why register to a slow computer than transfer to a faster computer? Just put it on the faster computer.
You do NOT need internet to play games unless they are online required. ACIV is not.

Also, It depends on your computer specs if you are able to run the game or not, not the internet speed.
For details to see if you can run the game - Visit this link and follow the instructions:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811784-Having-troubles-running-Assassin-s-Creed-READ-before-posting!?p=9397574

Mr_Shade
11-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Also remember that the game may have updates that are required - if you intend to play online - and these can be large.

CGott
11-26-2013, 07:38 PM
You do not have to be online or connected to the internet to play.

Once you download/install the game - You are required to log into Uplay once before you are able to go to offline mode. Once you do that,
you can set Uplay to go offline mode all the time and you can play single player anytime you want.

Why register to a slow computer than transfer to a faster computer? Just put it on the faster computer.
You do NOT need internet to play games unless they are online required. ACIV is not.

Also, It depends on your computer specs if you are able to run the game or not, not the internet speed.
For details to see if you can run the game - Visit this link and follow the instructions:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811784-Having-troubles-running-Assassin-s-Creed-READ-before-posting!?p=9397574

You say I'm required to log in to Uplay, but can I do that with a slow dialup connection, or will it take forever to transfer the data?

YazX_
11-26-2013, 10:11 PM
You say I'm required to log in to Uplay, but can I do that with a slow dialup connection, or will it take forever to transfer the data?

first time it will take around 1 min on dial-up connection, there is nothing actually to download except your profile and some social updates, but the good thing is social updates will be loaded after you log in and you can start playing without them being loaded. anyway, after you log in, you activate the game and from there you can go to UPlay options and set it to start offline.

UdyrXinTheHouse
11-26-2013, 10:23 PM
first time it will take around 1 min on dial-up connection, there is nothing actually to download except your profile and some social updates, but the good thing is social updates will be loaded after you log in and you can start playing without them being loaded. anyway, after you log in, you activate the game and from there you can go to UPlay options and set it to start offline.

This.

All you have to do to be able to go into offline mode is log into your account once.
Once you do that, you can set it to offline mode.

I also suggest unplugging internet when you play, that will stop the game from trying to update(I'm not for sure if going to offline mode will stop the updates)
but every once in a while, I suggest either going to a buddies house with good internet or even rent a hotel room for a night that has good internet and let
it update.