PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Else Excited for Aveline on Console?

AvK KiNgKoBrA
11-26-2013, 04:21 PM
I kno ii am, I've been a fan of AC since ii first played AC2 an now I have played all of them to near 100% completion. When ii saw that they were making Liberation ii was pretty bummed out since it was pivitol to the AC storyline but was only available on Vita an ii didnt have one nor did ii intend on getting one.

So im really excited for when they release Liberation in Janurary, anyone else?

SpiritMuse
11-26-2013, 04:27 PM
I am definitely looking forward to it!

ze_topazio
11-26-2013, 04:28 PM
We all are.

Rugterwyper32
11-26-2013, 04:36 PM
I definitely am. Undoubtedly planning to get it.

ace3001
11-26-2013, 05:00 PM
>February
What? Did it get delayed? Wasn't it supposed to be coming out on the 14th of January?

And yes, I'm looking forward to it, especially since I don't own a Vita and thus haven't played it before.

guardian_titan
11-26-2013, 07:44 PM
I bought a Vita just for Liberation so can't say I'm thrilled. If the Vita version were being updated to include the new stuff, maybe I would. So far, seems those that got the Vita version just bought a beta test for the console/PC release of the same game. If I want the new version, I have to buy the game a second time which is rather unfair. I spent $300 just to buy the game the first time and now I have to spend another $40 or whatever the price ends up being just to get the final version? I'm terrible at console games and yet I went out and bought a Vita to play Liberation. This just reminds me of movie studios who release multiple versions of the same movie over a period of time hoping people buy more than one version. I.E. Star Wars or Avatar. It'd be one thing if the Vita were outdated and Liberation was relevant again to the main story via a plot twist, but Liberation just came out a year ago and the Vita is still very relevant due to PS4 connectivity.

Liberation wasn't pivotal at all to the main story outside of the Eve plot which was hardly covered at all. It's mentioned once at the end. Yeah, big plot point. :rolleyes: You can ignore the game entirely and not miss anything ... unless Eve's suddenly going to become rather important in the next few main games which somehow I doubt. Aveline's DLC in AC4 didn't mean anything, either. Maybe the new version will make the game more relevant but the story overall was confusing. You can argue the Erudito plot was the point, but how relevant is it really? It's not in the main series so is the re-release of Liberation meant to mean Erudito will be stepping up in the future? Or is Aiden Pierce (not sure how his name's spelled) in Watch_Dogs really Erudito? Seems a bit convenient to release Watch_Dogs and re-release Liberation around the same time. But that's still not relevant to the main AC plot. That's a potential Watch_Dogs plot.

I can usually remember most characters by the end of an AC game, but by the time Liberation ended, the only one I could really remember (besides Aveline) was Gerard. Everyone else was so bland or just thrown in. I remember some drunk captain Aveline screws over a few times and she eventually hires. I remember her back stabbing step-mother. I remember her deadbeat mother. I remember her rather dimwitted father. I also remember her rather confusing mentor and the two smugglers she met in the bayou. As for names? Forget it. I only remember them if I actually go look them up on the wiki.

Due to the apparent editing by Abstergo forcing you to kill Citizen E for the real story, the story was rather confusing to follow. I've honestly forgotten the entire point to the game. Something about a Company Man who turns out to be Aveline's step-mother and Templars chasing a disc in Mexico. Beyond that, what was the point?

Then the mini-games I found irritating. The ball game was frustrating and putting the Vita up to a light to find a hidden symbol on the map was nearly as bad. Obviously those will change in the console/PC version, but it doesn't change how irritating they were.

Also have to say, I did not like the costume system. Having to run back to a dressing room on a regular basis got annoying. Got to the point where I just said screw it and ran around in the same outfit the entire time outside of parts where I had to change my outfit due to story requirements. The one I hated the most was the Lady. Took forever for her to run around town only to have rapists/robbers (whatever they were) hiding around a corner attack me just as I get to where I'm going. :mad: You'd think that same group would attack the Slave, too. Who'd notice a slave was missing? Someone would notice a high ranking lady was missing. You hardly use the Assassin unless you purposefully return to the dressing room on a regular basis to change into it. Seems you spend more time as a slave, or maybe that was just me saying screw you to the costume system. If there were an option in the menu to change outfits on the fly with limitations like no changing when in combat or during a quest, it probably wouldn't be so annoying. The costume system just reminds me too much of Superman. How dense are people to not realize Clark Kent is Superman? Just throw on some glasses and it's a different guy. :rolleyes: How dense are people to not notice Slave Aveline is Lady Aveline is Assassin Aveline? She changes her hat and clothes. She can't change her face. Either New Orleans is really dumb or no one looks her in the face so wouldn't even recognize her if she ran through the streets stark naked. You'd think people would recognize her voice at least. New Orleans didn't have that many people living in it for people to not be aware of which slave belongs to which owner, which woman is who's wife/daughter/sister, etc. Aveline was the daughter of a rich guy in New Orleans and the step-daughter of the Templar Grand Master. Surely she was known in higher circles so the higher ups would certainly recognize her regardless of her outfit and their servants would also recognize her in the same situation. :rolleyes:
Having 3 different notoriety systems was also confusing and a pain to keep up with. I'd rather have one unified system or at least an avenue where I can wipe all 3 at once rather than one at a time.
I am curious to know what they changed in the game to see if the story makes more sense, but I already own the game so I have no intention on paying twice for the same game even if a few minor edits occurred to make it flow better. I'm also curious if the alternate Connor sequence will be included in the new version regardless if you have AC3 (or what version of it you do own) or if it'll be removed. I have the PC version of AC3 so missed out on that.

MnemonicSyntax
11-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Isn't is 20 USD, not 40?

phoenix-force411
11-26-2013, 10:29 PM
I bought a Vita just for Liberation so can't say I'm thrilled. If the Vita version were being updated to include the new stuff, maybe I would. So far, seems those that got the Vita version just bought a beta test for the console/PC release of the same game. If I want the new version, I have to buy the game a second time which is rather unfair. I spent $300 just to buy the game the first time and now I have to spend another $40 or whatever the price ends up being just to get the final version? I'm terrible at console games and yet I went out and bought a Vita to play Liberation. This just reminds me of movie studios who release multiple versions of the same movie over a period of time hoping people buy more than one version. I.E. Star Wars or Avatar. It'd be one thing if the Vita were outdated and Liberation was relevant again to the main story via a plot twist, but Liberation just came out a year ago and the Vita is still very relevant due to PS4 connectivity.

Liberation wasn't pivotal at all to the main story outside of the Eve plot which was hardly covered at all. It's mentioned once at the end. Yeah, big plot point. :rolleyes: You can ignore the game entirely and not miss anything ... unless Eve's suddenly going to become rather important in the next few main games which somehow I doubt. Aveline's DLC in AC4 didn't mean anything, either. Maybe the new version will make the game more relevant but the story overall was confusing. You can argue the Erudito plot was the point, but how relevant is it really? It's not in the main series so is the re-release of Liberation meant to mean Erudito will be stepping up in the future? Or is Aiden Pierce (not sure how his name's spelled) in Watch_Dogs really Erudito? Seems a bit convenient to release Watch_Dogs and re-release Liberation around the same time. But that's still not relevant to the main AC plot. That's a potential Watch_Dogs plot.

I can usually remember most characters by the end of an AC game, but by the time Liberation ended, the only one I could really remember (besides Aveline) was Gerard. Everyone else was so bland or just thrown in. I remember some drunk captain Aveline screws over a few times and she eventually hires. I remember her back stabbing step-mother. I remember her deadbeat mother. I remember her rather dimwitted father. I also remember her rather confusing mentor and the two smugglers she met in the bayou. As for names? Forget it. I only remember them if I actually go look them up on the wiki.

Due to the apparent editing by Abstergo forcing you to kill Citizen E for the real story, the story was rather confusing to follow. I've honestly forgotten the entire point to the game. Something about a Company Man who turns out to be Aveline's step-mother and Templars chasing a disc in Mexico. Beyond that, what was the point?

Then the mini-games I found irritating. The ball game was frustrating and putting the Vita up to a light to find a hidden symbol on the map was nearly as bad. Obviously those will change in the console/PC version, but it doesn't change how irritating they were.

Also have to say, I did not like the costume system. Having to run back to a dressing room on a regular basis got annoying. Got to the point where I just said screw it and ran around in the same outfit the entire time outside of parts where I had to change my outfit due to story requirements. The one I hated the most was the Lady. Took forever for her to run around town only to have rapists/robbers (whatever they were) hiding around a corner attack me just as I get to where I'm going. :mad: You'd think that same group would attack the Slave, too. Who'd notice a slave was missing? Someone would notice a high ranking lady was missing. You hardly use the Assassin unless you purposefully return to the dressing room on a regular basis to change into it. Seems you spend more time as a slave, or maybe that was just me saying screw you to the costume system. If there were an option in the menu to change outfits on the fly with limitations like no changing when in combat or during a quest, it probably wouldn't be so annoying. The costume system just reminds me too much of Superman. How dense are people to not realize Clark Kent is Superman? Just throw on some glasses and it's a different guy. :rolleyes: How dense are people to not notice Slave Aveline is Lady Aveline is Assassin Aveline? She changes her hat and clothes. She can't change her face. Either New Orleans is really dumb or no one looks her in the face so wouldn't even recognize her if she ran through the streets stark naked. You'd think people would recognize her voice at least. New Orleans didn't have that many people living in it for people to not be aware of which slave belongs to which owner, which woman is who's wife/daughter/sister, etc. Aveline was the daughter of a rich guy in New Orleans and the step-daughter of the Templar Grand Master. Surely she was known in higher circles so the higher ups would certainly recognize her regardless of her outfit and their servants would also recognize her in the same situation. :rolleyes:
Having 3 different notoriety systems was also confusing and a pain to keep up with. I'd rather have one unified system or at least an avenue where I can wipe all 3 at once rather than one at a time.
I am curious to know what they changed in the game to see if the story makes more sense, but I already own the game so I have no intention on paying twice for the same game even if a few minor edits occurred to make it flow better. I'm also curious if the alternate Connor sequence will be included in the new version regardless if you have AC3 (or what version of it you do own) or if it'll be removed. I have the PC version of AC3 so missed out on that.

The Vita version has a slow fps. I think this HD version was a middle finger to the VITA Liberation players.

SlenderTech
11-26-2013, 10:36 PM
If Ubisoft release a physical copy and I'm in.

If it's still digital only, I'll pass.

Landruner
11-26-2013, 11:11 PM
I am too and looking for it, I am looking forward to playing an Assassin Girl for once....:rolleyes:..:p

ze_topazio
11-27-2013, 12:10 AM

It's not like this is the first time a game gets ported with improvements to a different console.

Shahkulu101
11-27-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm looking forward to playing as Aveline, she was awesome in the PS DLC. I am a little wary though, I hear the mission design is very AC3-esque.

By the way, do you think that Liberation may be next years only AC on console? Thinking about it, 2 console games is a little much even if one of them is just a re-mastered version. I hope that, in lieu of ACV needing extra development time, they decided to rework Liberations and release on consoles to stick to their annualisation model.

Jaysus, I'm sounding nearly as naive as Connor.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-27-2013, 12:32 AM
I am and I'm not.

I didn't like AC3 too much -- I liked Connor's story; Connor, Haytham, Achilles, etc. were all good and for the first time since the first game the Templars were more than just evil but had logical and valid points. I hated how Desmond's story played out and I really found the gameplay to be less-than-desirable. I've said it over and over on these forums: Boston and NY were too accurate to the time period and gave no real room for FUN parkour. Already the parkour system felt much more automated than previous games despite having much nicer animations... but Boston and NY just weren't as fun to free run around as Jerusalem, Acre, Venice, Istanbul, or Florence.

So...in regards to AC: Liberation, I'm excited to play as a female Assassin finally (I love her beaked tri-corner hat but I'll probably switch to the hood that you can get if they kept it and hopefully they did) and a black one at that! I'm just not sure how fun New Orleans will be. Boston/NY were very "meh" and seemed almost identical to one another and, again, weren't fun. So I'd have to see more gameplay or New Orleans.

I'm really struggling to WANT to play the new AC games. I was super excited when I first heard about AC and saw the trailer and remember G4techTV (possibly already just G4 at the time) discussing if it was going to have a sci fi component because people noticed DNA strands in the trailer. Fast forward to 2009 and I see the first AC2 trailer and I was hooked. Same thing for ACB and ACR and even AC3 but AC3 really disappointed and AC4 never hooked me in -- it always seemed more like a title akin to Brotherhood what with the subtitle that they decided would be AC4 somewhere during production instead so they could have the 4th main game launch for next gen.

AC: Liberation also falls into this unfortunate spot: the 1700s are an interesting time but I'm already tired of it. We really only got 2 games that felt truly Renaissance despite 3 Ezio games because Constantinople doesn't seem remotely similar to Venice, Florence, or Rome but we will now have 3 1700 games, all set in a relatively similar place and/or with many similar themes. Adewale, slaves, british enemies, british-speaking civilians, and similar types of weaponry... AC3, ACL, and AC4. I really just want to move away from this time period... late 1500's/early 1600's Elizabethan England with Shakespeare, the Globe Theatre, Guy Fawkes, Gunpowder Plot, the city would feel similar to the cities of Italy but would all be distinctly English. It'd be both a throwback to the Ezio games since it's the renaissance but also a different culture AND a different time period since England began the Reniassance after Italy had. I'd also take various time period and countries of Asia: Ming Dynasty of China, Feudal Japan, etc.

But I must say... it will be cool to play as a female Assassin.

Rugterwyper32
11-27-2013, 01:16 AM
So...in regards to AC: Liberation, I'm excited to play as a female Assassin finally (I love her beaked tri-corner hat but I'll probably switch to the hood that you can get if they kept it and hopefully they did) and a black one at that! I'm just not sure how fun New Orleans will be. Boston/NY were very "meh" and seemed almost identical to one another and, again, weren't fun. So I'd have to see more gameplay or New Orleans.

New Orleans, from all I can tell, seems to have a nice French flavor to it. And it relates to one of my disappointments from AC4 that come even before playing it, which has been there from the start: No French colonial locations. Maybe the DLC will solve that, but I'm not too sure about that. The lack of Cap Francais seemed like a missed opportunity, but hey. In any case. It does look more French and it has a nice atmosphere to it from the screenshots. The Bayou also looks like some nice fun, and climbing Mayan temples in Chichen Itza looks interesting. And it's kinda funny, while I was hyped for AC3 (and there was this one screenshot of the rooftops of Boston during winter that looked gorgeous), when Liberation was announced and I saw this screenshot I was instantly more interested in the looks of it

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/es-ES/images/acl_screenshot_02tcm2953980.jpg

AC: Liberation also falls into this unfortunate spot: the 1700s are an interesting time but I'm already tired of it. We really only got 2 games that felt truly Renaissance despite 3 Ezio games because Constantinople doesn't seem remotely similar to Venice, Florence, or Rome but we will now have 3 1700 games, all set in a relatively similar place and/or with many similar themes. Adewale, slaves, british enemies, british-speaking civilians, and similar types of weaponry... AC3, ACL, and AC4. I really just want to move away from this time period... late 1500's/early 1600's Elizabethan England with Shakespeare, the Globe Theatre, Guy Fawkes, Gunpowder Plot, the city would feel similar to the cities of Italy but would all be distinctly English. It'd be both a throwback to the Ezio games since it's the renaissance but also a different culture AND a different time period since England began the Reniassance after Italy had. I'd also take various time period and countries of Asia: Ming Dynasty of China, Feudal Japan, etc.

Yeah, agreed. I like the 1700s, but I'd prefer if we didn't see it for a few games. I like the idea of constantly jumping back and forth, constantly making settings feel unique. I wouldn't have minded 3 games in the 1700s if we had, say, 2 games in between each in different time periods. But hey,

And yeah, I'm looking forward to playing as the first female assassin too. That'll be good times.

ExtremeOutsider
11-27-2013, 04:40 AM
Nah I have her on PS3 and she sucks compared to Edward

pacmanate
11-27-2013, 04:48 AM

I liked her :|

DarktheMagister
11-27-2013, 08:39 AM
It's like 15 bucks if you got the Season Pass for ACIV... so yeah... I'm getting it. Excited too. I was worried I'd miss out on this one.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-27-2013, 08:54 AM
New Orleans, from all I can tell, seems to have a nice French flavor to it. And it relates to one of my disappointments from AC4 that come even before playing it, which has been there from the start: No French colonial locations. Maybe the DLC will solve that, but I'm not too sure about that. The lack of Cap Francais seemed like a missed opportunity, but hey. In any case. It does look more French and it has a nice atmosphere to it from the screenshots. The Bayou also looks like some nice fun, and climbing Mayan temples in Chichen Itza looks interesting. And it's kinda funny, while I was hyped for AC3 (and there was this one screenshot of the rooftops of Boston during winter that looked gorgeous), when Liberation was announced and I saw this screenshot I was instantly more interested in the looks of it

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/es-ES/images/acl_screenshot_02tcm2953980.jpg

Yeah, agreed. I like the 1700s, but I'd prefer if we didn't see it for a few games. I like the idea of constantly jumping back and forth, constantly making settings feel unique. I wouldn't have minded 3 games in the 1700s if we had, say, 2 games in between each in different time periods. But hey,

And yeah, I'm looking forward to playing as the first female assassin too. That'll be good times.

That screenshot from the Vita version or from the HD version? Looks nice regardless. Love her outfit and I'm REALLY happy that she has an all white/red outfit and hood for more classic AC feel -- something that AC4 skimped on and though it might be superficial...does hurt the game slightly xD

New Orleans looks much better than Boston/NY...that structure in the background looks fun to climb. Streets still look preeeetty wide but I can;t really tell. From some screenshots of Havana, it looked like the streets were too wide but that doesn;t seem to be the case.

Kagurra
11-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Not excited in the least for Aveline.

ZeSpecter
11-27-2013, 12:56 PM

I liked her :|

I haven't played as her so I don't know, but I'm 99,9% sure that she will suck compared to Edward. She's probably a cool assassin and all, but Edward is my absolute favourite character in the entire franchise so it's pretty much impossible to beat him in my opinion :P

Yoshack Fyre84
11-27-2013, 01:34 PM
I am excited for sure. Unfortunately it's been spoiled for me. Because I didn't have and wasn't going to get a VITA, I just read the plot and spoilers and story stuff for the game on the internet so I would know more about the AC Universe. I'm going to buy it and play it anyway. And maybe if I drink enough vodka I'll forget what I read and the game will seem like a surprise for me. I"m very excited it'll be on the Xbox One, hopefully less than a year from now.

ExtremeOutsider
11-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Edward is a bad *** cause he does what he wants . She just flat out sucks

AvK KiNgKoBrA
11-27-2013, 03:17 PM
By the way, do you think that Liberation may be next years only AC on console? Thinking about it, 2 console games is a little much even if one of them is just a re-mastered version. I hope that, in lieu of ACV needing extra development time, they decided to rework Liberations and release on consoles to stick to their annualisation model.

Ubisoft Sofia is working on ACLiberation HD an thats been there only focus so ii doubt it will be

Rugterwyper32
11-27-2013, 03:20 PM
That screenshot from the Vita version or from the HD version? Looks nice regardless. Love her outfit and I'm REALLY happy that she has an all white/red outfit and hood for more classic AC feel -- something that AC4 skimped on and though it might be superficial...does hurt the game slightly xD

New Orleans looks much better than Boston/NY...that structure in the background looks fun to climb. Streets still look preeeetty wide but I can;t really tell. From some screenshots of Havana, it looked like the streets were too wide but that doesn;t seem to be the case.

It's actually from the Vita version, and if the Vita version looks this good already imagine how gorgeous it'll look in the HD version. And yeah, it certainly looks rather fun to go around, we'll see how they handle stuff so the city works for freerunning won't we? I already have a better impression of it. That structure in the background, that's the Cathedral of New Orleans. If they were being accurate, it'd look like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Church_St_Louis_1794_New_Orleans.jpg

However, it has the central tower that was actually added in 1819. The game starts in 1765, so we're talking 54 years of inaccuracy. And that gives me a good feeling regarding New Orleans.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
11-27-2013, 03:33 PM
"All characters in the game were remodeled an look more natural"
"15 new side missions based on Aveline's 3 personas--the assassin, lady, and servant"
"Every object in the game has been updated to HD quality ranging from, geometry, textures, and materials"
"Every cinematic in the game has new cameras and the facial animation was done from scratch which results in a much better cinematic experience"
"Story panels throughout the plot offer a deeper understanding of the narrative"
"Ubisoft updated an rewrote from scratch all of the navigation pathing"
"The team has rebalanced enemy encounters, combat timing, and damage."
"The developers gathered fan and critic feedback alike an used it to re-constitute every mission, including both the central story and side missions"

From what I've read it seem the game is gonna be great, though ii wont make any judgements until ii can actually play the game

adventurewomen
11-27-2013, 03:42 PM
I kno ii am, I've been a fan of AC since ii first played AC2
You should play AC1.. it was a great game and still is.

Anyway yeah I'm looking forward to the full Aveline game. :)

LieutenantJojo
11-27-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm interested as to how it will look on PS3, but really excited? No. After playing the Aveline DLC on AC4, I'm definitely not excited to play a game with her. I might still end up buying it when I have some money I can miss, but definitely not on the release date.

ace3001
11-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Anyone else worried about the lack of news since announcement? Or is it just me being paranoid after the Watch Dogs delay?

TheArcaneEagle
11-27-2013, 07:13 PM
No. Because Aveline is even more boring and bland than Connor. They might as well have been siblings.

Liberations was Meh as well. Boring location and lifeless cities like New Orleans and similar gameplay to AC3.

HD remakes are always awesome but a remake of a game that had a mediocre and stale story and a horrible character arc isn't worth the price.

DarktheMagister
11-27-2013, 08:12 PM
So the final judgement is "if you hated AC3, then probably not your idea of fun" OR "if you liked AC3 (as I did), then yeah it'll be awesome."