PDA

View Full Version : Just Finished AC4:BF

Dead-Sync
11-26-2013, 09:43 AM
...at least the main story stuff anyway.

I have to say, AC4:BF is probably my favorite AC game since AC2. I think in terms of variety of gameplay, this one is possibly the best. There are so many different features and gameplay elements in the game, it's absurd, yet one never feels too repetitive or mandatory to progress. From a story perspective, Edward is definitely the second strongest framed-story personality in my opinion, under Ezio. While the present day story has a different angle it needs to come from, the story wasn't as strong, but the "discovery" feeling most certainly was, and I think Ubi has set themselves to really expand and do something really cool with this in the future.

Anyhow, I think Ubisoft is KILLING it right now, between Clancy games, Assassins Creed, and Watch Dogs. Props to these guys. AC4 was one of my PS4 launch titles and it was definitely more than worthy. It truly has been a gamers game for me, and Im excited to keep poking around for extra collectables as well. Heck I haven't even touched MP!

Anyways, does anyone else feel the same way about the game? Positive? Negative?

xCHEMISTx
11-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Yup. Positive. I have cleared all the collectables and side missions as I have moved through each zone and now I am just about to get my Mayan Outfit once I finish sequence 10 :)

Dead-Sync
11-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Yup. Positive. I have cleared all the collectables and side missions as I have moved through each zone and now I am just about to get my Mayan Outfit once I finish sequence 10 :)

Props for that. I typically play AC games with mixed progress. Ill go through and collect a bunch of stuff, but when I feel like its time, and makes sense to progress the story, I will. However if the story seems like it is imminent, Ill go through the series of linked sequences.

I finished with I want to say 70-75% sync. So this way the rest of my game will be going through and finishing the various side-tasks. I don't think I'll 100% it, I've never 100% synced an AC game, mostly because the extra missions parameters sometimes frustrate me, however I'd still love to squeeze as many collectables and trophies out of the game as I can.

LieutenantJojo
11-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Props for that. I typically play AC games with mixed progress. Ill go through and collect a bunch of stuff, but when I feel like its time, and makes sense to progress the story, I will. However if the story seems like it is imminent, Ill go through the series of linked sequences.

I finished with I want to say 70-75% sync. So this way the rest of my game will be going through and finishing the various side-tasks. I don't think I'll 100% it, I've never 100% synced an AC game, mostly because the extra missions parameters sometimes frustrate me, however I'd still love to squeeze as many collectables and trophies out of the game as I can.

Really? Not even AC2? AC2 was easy as hell to complete 100%, imo.

AC2 is the only game I got 100%, though. I completed all of the missions and collectibles in all the other AC's as well, but I didn't 100% all the missions though. I find it boring and frustrating to keep replaying some missions to get that 100%. :p