PDA

View Full Version : 1920x1200 FULLSCREEN-NO BLACK BARS-Working solution for AC4 and AC3- Yeah!

IPE240
11-26-2013, 01:31 AM
Well i have found solution not only for AC4 but also for AC3:

I have good rig (gfx nvidia asus directcu2 gtx780, i7, 8gb ram etc and widescreen monitor and playing all games at 1920x1200 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD and it is great monitor).

But im a very big fan of Assassin creed games and computer games at all (been playing since amiga500 , god my wife still thinks its silly hobby :) , and having big pain in watching these black bars (oonly in AC 3 and AC 4 , AC2 works great and other 106 games i own works great too in fullscreen at any resolution )! Solutions for just changing resolution for 1920x1080 ingame, had no effect for my Ac3 and Ac4 games, tonight i finally found a solution.
And these freakin black bars have nothing to do with any movie effect , if i have big monitor with widescreen res or few monitors i must be able to play fullscreen no matter what it is XXI century lads ;)

SOLUTION IS VERY SIMPLE: you don't need to search widescreengaming forum, nor steam forum nor internet at all, you don't have to buy other monitor too.
I was thinkig about solution in very intense way and it is and it works!! (Also for Assassin's Creed 3), WHAT TO DO:

Im using Nvidia card so my workaround is for nvidia, as i said im playing (and working too) at 1920x1200 resolution.

I had black bars at top and botttom of gaming screen too (changing resolution to 1920x1080 ingame doesn't help for me before in AC3 and AC4 too).

BUT NO MORE, FULL SCREEN at 1920x1200 monitor only now! HOW? :
(Im using latest drivers from Nvidia 331.82 (WHQL) for geforce gtx780, im using polish version, but i will try to translate ;) :

1.Start AC:4 Black Flag , enter any sequence , just to be in game
2. ALT TAB and get back to dekstop without quitting the game
3. Click Right Mouse Button on the desktop and choose Nvidia Control Panel
4. There go to the DISPLAY section and choose "Match size and desktop position" (position 6 from the top of DISPLAY section)
5. In first Tab choose Scaling , then FULLSCREEN then set desired resolution at "preview" below to 1920x1080
6. Now switch to the second Tab named " Size" and choose "Enable dekstop size changer" (or something like that i don't have english drivers right now)
7. You will see BIG green arrows in the corner of the screen, press both slider to the max to reach 1920x1200 settings (or more if you are using higher res) , then choose OK,
8. Click Use or OK or Apply in main Nvidia Settings Window, close it and back into game.
Voilla!
You have Assassin's Creed III or Assassin's Creed IV:Black Flag with no black bars at 1920x1080, while keeping 1920x1200 at working desktop automatically when you end the game .
Now im waiting for a lot of rum for me!
Ahooy!
Umbrecht also known as IPE240

PS.
There are no noticable changes for assassin creed 3 or 4 when changing from 1920x1200 so have no fear, overall its still strange becouse i can play Assassin's Creed 2 at 1920x1200 without any black bars ;)

brotherofmetal
11-26-2013, 05:01 AM
How about a fix for nVidia Surround? I run this game three times your resolution, 5760x1200. I cannot enable desktop resizing, as it's disabled when Surround is on.

EDIT: Yeah, I just tried. The settings cannot change AT ALL in surround. Doesn't work.

IPE240
11-26-2013, 10:19 AM
How about a fix for nVidia Surround? I run this game three times your resolution, 5760x1200. I cannot enable desktop resizing, as it's disabled when Surround is on.

EDIT: Yeah, I just tried. The settings cannot change AT ALL in surround. Doesn't work.

Good dayto You Sir, i have only one monitor (matter of choice, 3 monitors are too much for me, even for working in architectural programs , im fine with one just big ;) , but when Oculus Rift will hit the shelves i i will consider buying it together with that round something for running - to not have vomits or headache after 10 minutes of playing with OR) ), so i canot truly help You.
But on the WideScreen forums there is a small aplication for users of 2-3 monitors working in Eye-Finity etc. modes, search for FarCry3: Blood Dragon game of widescreen forus website in their website searcher , this aplication is in "solutions" section of FC3: BloodDragon of widecreengaming forum.
It is very good place to look for soultion if You have such a combo like 3 widescreen monitors.
Im sorry for lack of direct help.
Umbrecht

the0dan
04-29-2015, 11:13 PM
Good dayto You Sir, i have only one monitor (matter of choice, 3 monitors are too much for me, even for working in architectural programs , im fine with one just big ;) , but when Oculus Rift will hit the shelves i i will consider buying it together with that round something for running - to not have vomits or headache after 10 minutes of playing with OR) ), so i canot truly help You.
But on the WideScreen forums there is a small aplication for users of 2-3 monitors working in Eye-Finity etc. modes, search for FarCry3: Blood Dragon game of widescreen forus website in their website searcher , this aplication is in "solutions" section of FC3: BloodDragon of widecreengaming forum.
It is very good place to look for soultion if You have such a combo like 3 widescreen monitors.
Im sorry for lack of direct help.
Umbrecht

The black bars can be removed by Flawless Widescreen (http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/), at least in Surround/Eyefinity resolutions. I'm pretty sure it would work on a single monitor too, although I haven't tried it. Just install the app and then, before you start the game, click on the "Assassins Creed IV: BlackFlag" plugin. It will detect the game in memory as it's running and remove the black bars. I use it with three 16:10 monitors.