PDA

View Full Version : Field of View in the Abstergo offices

Wintermist
11-25-2013, 09:28 PM
How can I change it, I am not kidding but it really hurts my brain. I have to quit the game and take a break. I don't know what it is but after reading in places that some people get a headache from certain field of views I am guessing this is what is happening to me here. Never thought it would, but there you go.

Is there any way I can change it so I can keep on playing without this serious problem?

WeamDreaver
11-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Not only the FOV is off, also the mouse speed is way exaggerated in Abstergo office. Its really strange.

Wintermist
11-25-2013, 10:51 PM
I just know something is really messing with my mind during those episodes. Maybe it's the mouse. I just wish I could enjoy the office gameplay too, but since I can only do it for a few minutes before my head aches it really ruins everything.

WeamDreaver
11-25-2013, 11:02 PM
The difference between ingame and Abstergo is that ingame it feels like a human is in motion, but in Abstergo it feels like a disconnected floating camera.

YazX_
11-25-2013, 11:11 PM
this is called motion sickness and as GindBluardian said, its just a floating camera without feeling the movement of your character, try ginger pills, they help very much to ease the headache.

Wintermist
11-25-2013, 11:14 PM
It's funny I would have to medicate myself to play a game lol.

peshu
11-25-2013, 11:33 PM
And the lag in Abstergo is unbearable. Stutter galore.

guardian_titan
11-26-2013, 12:24 AM
I get motion sickness myself playing first person games. I can't stand most shooters as a result so the only ones I've played is the Mass Effect series. Even that one took some getting use to. AC4's modern day has put me off because it's first person. I have yet to buy the game but not sure I will honestly. I've watched videos so I know what the story is about, though, and just watching those videos gave me a headache. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't so much bobbing. I prefer my camera to be stationary when I move like the third person camera, not bouncing around like footsteps are being taken. The Desmond files in ACR and the Lost Archive really made me sick so I never finished the Lost Archive. The Desmond part was bad enough.

We shouldn't have to take a pill to enjoy a game. Game already costs $80 plus tax ($60 for the game and $20 for season pass) in the US. Some of us are also required to buy pills on top of that to enjoy the game? I would've much preferred a selectable modern day protagonist even if they don't speak and all we saw was their back the entire time. Something to focus on that's not bobbing. Hell, I would've settled for a little round dot in the middle of the screen that could be turned on or off via options. SOMETHING. Ugh. :mad: Took me a bit to get used to no UI in the modern day and a UI in the historical, but now to go from third person to first and back to third is just too much. Is it such a bad thing to want consistency? The UI changing is one thing. People can turn off the entire UI in the Animus so it's not a shock when jumping to the modern day. The camera we can't change. I get the game, chances are I'd skip past what I can of the modern day. Already watched what's unlockable via computer hacking on Youtube so can't say I'm missing much. I actually liked the modern day parts with Desmond so the move to first person is rather ... jarring.

MnemonicSyntax
11-26-2013, 01:09 AM
It's funny I would have to medicate myself to play a game lol.

I get motion sickness when Edward walks/walks fast and that camera shifts over his right shoulder. I've become used to it now, but before, dang.

Don't have your issue though.

Wintermist
11-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Already watched what's unlockable via computer hacking on Youtube so can't say I'm missing much. I actually liked the modern day parts with Desmond so the move to first person is rather ... jarring.

Except I'm a completionist, I atleast once have to do everything. And in this case it's not very pleasant at all. I don't imagine why they did it like this and that no one else had a problem with it. Is it so rare? And why don't I get such a problem in any other game ever?

rrebe
11-26-2013, 08:12 AM
I get motion sick pretty easy, so it's a bit of a pain for me in the Abstergo offices (I haven't had a problem with most of the other 1st person games though), but since I'm not going to spend hours and hours in the offices (I sure hope so, as I've just completed sequence 4..), I think I'll manage it with pure willpower because I think the offices are quite interesting.

YazX_
11-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Except I'm a completionist, I atleast once have to do everything. And in this case it's not very pleasant at all. I don't imagine why they did it like this and that no one else had a problem with it. Is it so rare? And why don't I get such a problem in any other game ever?

it differs from person to another, its like when you ride a train/plane/boat... some people become dizzy and sometimes it becomes severe that they throw up, me personally have motion sickness if too much bloom used in games like Resident Evil 5 and beyond, i couldnt play any of those due to too much bloom which caused me headaches for days after 5 mins of playing. and also Call of duty:Ghosts, first thing in the campaign when you are running, camera becomes and i got moderate motion sickness, to be honest it was poor implementation from their side.

you dont get such problems in other games because they avoid or dont use such things in their games to make everyone comfortable in playing, character movement in Abstergo office is poorly done in this game and i think you will see more people complaining about it in this specific case, it causes headaches but severity differs from one person to another as i said and usually gamers dont complain too much about such things.