PDA

View Full Version : ACIV - Minimum PC Requirements

darth_valkyr
11-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Just like to say the "Minimum Requirements" aren't actually the minimum requirements; my CPU is below the requirements, but the game actually runs better than AC3 did!! I have most setting at high, 1080p resolution with MSAA on and am getting perfectly playable frame rates on my system:

CPU: Intel Dual Core E5300 2.6 GHz (Overclocked to 3.25GHz - {FSB Clock 250Mhz from 200MHz, 13x Multiplier})
RAM: 4Gb DDR2 @ 800MHz
GFX: MSI Radeon 7850 1GB

Despite the supposed minimum CPU of Core 2 Quad Q8400 at 2.6GHz, my system can handle the game perfectly well.

Just thought it was worth a mention for those who have older systems like mine. This should open up the possibility of running the game on some older systems within reason. Might be a bit iffy on the same CPU with no overclock, but clearly a dual core at 3.25GHz or better will handle the game just fine as long as RAM and GPU satisfied.

darth_valkyr
11-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Pretty good link for explanation. Bit harsh on the port though. It looks better than consoles, and runs efficiently; since when is that a bad thing?? Plenty of eye candy too, although it's hard to notice every little detail in a massive world brimming with action and opportunity! Absolutely loving the game s far.

Alcatraz1337
11-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Pretty good link for explanation. Bit harsh on the port though. It looks better than consoles, and runs efficiently; since when is that a bad thing?? Plenty of eye candy too, although it's hard to notice every little detail in a massive world brimming with action and opportunity! Absolutely loving the game s far.
Please tell me you're kidding...