PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Relies Too Much On Ranged Weapons

Wolfmeister1010
11-25-2013, 03:31 AM
I am happy that the stealth mechanics have been improved, but I am not happy that it seems to rely so much on the blowpipe.

To me, I like to try to be stealthy without having to use special tools. Stealth in AC should be about finding cover and moving around avoiding sight. But, ACIV makes us rely too much on the blowpipe. It is there in the mission design, like when there are two guards standing next to each other too far away to do a double assassination and no ledges above them. There is no way to get past them without using the blowpipe.

If I see a bunch of guards together in a complex, I don't want to use the blowpipe to take out 2 of them, then use their incapacitation to sneak past and assassinate a different guard. I don't want to have to make a legion of enemies fight each other to get across a room. I want to be able to find ways to be stealthy by just using the character's movements and stealth mechanics. Is that unrealistic to ask?

I want to be able to sneak past gunners without taking them out first with a sleeping dart. It kinda ruins the whole idea of stealth when the mission design promotes the use of a ranged tool. I know that when I see a gunner in his tower, that the FIRST thing I should think it to disable him with a sleep dart, but that makes it so easy. That is why I always try to find a way to get to the tower undetected and take him out with my hidden blade.

I want to be able to maneuver stealthily while killing or knocking out the least amount of people as possible.

I still think it is a good weapon to have, like the bow, but the mission design should not make it so that you NEED to use it. I have tried MANY scenarios of trying to be stealthy without the blowpipe, and it is very difficult.

Sigv4rd
11-25-2013, 03:45 AM
I agree...
Though I think I'd rather see social stealth mechanics improved more...

Landruner
11-25-2013, 04:54 AM
You know I do not get how Ubisoft is able to produce good games and franchises where stealth is involved and Ubisoft is missing the boat with the stealth for that AC Franchise - Take the Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, R6 Series that involve a good stealth AI mixed with strategy and action, even the recent Far Cry 3 was able to manage a better repartition about stealth and ranged weapon and AI and mission designs It never really happened for an AC so far.

pacmanate
11-25-2013, 04:56 AM
It doesn't MAKE you rely on the blowpipe, YOU rely on the blowpipe.

Pretty much the only times I used the blowpipe was if I really couldnt get out of a situation and a sniper was looking at me.

Landruner
11-25-2013, 05:23 AM

Pretty much the only times I used the blowpipe was if I really couldnt get out of a situation and a sniper was looking at me.

Ah sorry Pacmanate:rolleyes: ! If you had to use the "blowpiper" even once in your Playthrough that means that you were not stealthy enough. You have failed the Plantation test, you should not have ever used the "blowpiper" even when a gunner was looking at you :p , but only get the gunners with your hidden blade instead.... LOL! (I am just teasing you, not being serious of course)

In most of the stealth games I played that involve snipers and ranged weapon, I usually take the snipers down first, it is pretty much the casual way to play those kind of games, I believe what Wolfmester 1010 tried to say (Based upon from one of Wolf previous thread) Is that the gunners are very good a detected the player and often they do it a bit too far even when you just enter a restricted area, and the blowpipe does not have a long range, at least not long enough to take them down before they really detect you and go on you or alert everybody. Anyway, I did not think that the AI was very bright in AC4

SixKeys
11-25-2013, 05:29 AM
Ah sorry Pacmanate:rolleyes: ! If you had to use the "blowpiper" even once in your Playthrough that means that you were not stealthy enough. You have failed the Plantation test, you should not have ever used the "blowpiper" even when a gunner was looking at you :p , but only get the gunners with your hidden blade instead.... LOL! (I am just teasing you, not being serious of course)

What's a blowpiper and why is it in quotes?

Shahkulu101
11-25-2013, 05:36 AM
Actually, I love taking plantations without the blowpipe. It's pretty intense and you have to make use of smoke bombs to take out multiple guards, hide their bodies in the stalking zones. I do kind of wish there was a make-shift tool that we could throw and use as a distraction. Heck, they could rip-off TLoU and let us pick up bottles or something.

My point being, there just isn't enough depth to the stealth, and the A.I is ridiculously inconsistent. For some reasons, gunners spot you from 30/40 yards away, which isn't so bad since they are a 'special' archetype, but with other guards you can run right in front of, go back to a stalking zone without getting detected and the guard isn't even alerted!

Landruner
11-25-2013, 05:43 AM
What's a blowpiper and why is it in quotes?

It is because I am French Parodist and I like changing and make fun of stuff! The blowpipe looks like a flute to me - That was a joke!:)

Landruner
11-25-2013, 06:03 AM
Actually, I love taking plantations without the blowpipe. It's pretty intense and you have to make use of smoke bombs to take out multiple guards, hide their bodies in the stalking zones. I do kind of wish there was a make-shift tool that we could throw and use as a distraction. Heck, they could rip-off TLoU and let us pick up bottles or something.

My point being, there just isn't enough depth to the stealth, and the A.I is ridiculously inconsistent. For some reasons, gunners spot you from 30/40 yards away, which isn't so bad since they are a 'special' archetype, but with other guards you can run right in front of, go back to a stalking zone without getting detected and the guard isn't even alerted!

I agree with you in this, the AI is inconsistent, also something really ridicule but it could have make a difference notably when you stand behind a gunner in order to stab in the back with the HB, and a second gunner that is not far away and sees you, it is stupid, but the towers are just flatten platform of wood without nothing to hide, and since you can crouch or not even hide anywhere, boom you happen to be seen! It is what I got upset each time I got happen to be seen (with or without consequences, since sometimes they see you but forget about you, in 2 or 3 seconds...), just because for my personal gameplay I did not seen at all - The problem is that the AI was not really there but also the repartition of the foes on the parcel for the mission design was not consistent neither.

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2013, 09:33 AM

^What he said. This is player issue not a design issue. I had no problems circling around, hell I loved the game because it's not designed like AC games at all, it's free approach. So I went around like a true phantom. It's one's own fault if they beeline the whole area instead of looking for guard blindsides.

pacmanate
11-25-2013, 09:36 AM
^What he said. This is player issue not a design issue. I had no problems circling around, hell I loved the game because it's not designed like AC games at all, it's free approach. So I went around like a true phantom. It's one's own fault if they beeline the whole area instead of looking for guard blindsides.

Yup, and the stalking zones and improved guard routes also help a lot.

MasterfulList53
11-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Stealth is a lot more manageable in this game than in AC3. I would not want a return to the stealth mechanics of AC3.

"More manageable" doesn't mean "perfect", though. It's manageable in the sense that you can jump out of cover, have a little jog around around a restricted area while getting detected by a handful of guards and then calmly go into some bushes and everyone forgets they saw you after a few seconds. That's a little too forgiving.

I will say, however, that there are a number of significant improvements and overall stealth is much more satisfying this time round. Getting detected by one or two guards no longer means the whole camp is immediately alerted to your presence. The alarm bells are another good addition, though I would like a stealthier method of sabotaging them, rather than having Edward stand out in the open for so long while destroying them. Guard behaviour is also a lot more predictable than in AC3, a game where you never really knew what was going to get Connor detected. Best of all, using eagle vision to tag guards and get a visual indicator of Edward's noise levels is great and also something I had been asking for on the forums for a while.

As far as ranged weapons are concerned, blowdarts annoy me a little, since guards just wake up a while later without sounding the alarm - they just passed out and have a dart sticking in them, why wouldn't they be suspicious? What would work better would be that if you didn't kill the victim before they woke up then they should alert the other guards and call for reinforcements. That would work better in terms of gameplay and believability, just to add a bit of a challenging catch to the use of blowdarts, which are otherwise a bit overpowered.

Sushiglutton
11-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Haha you guys are so hardcore :o! The blowpipe is awesome. To me it makes stealth more varied and tactical. For example you can make plots like "If I berserk that distant guards and then put the gunner to sleep I'll be able to get over there" and so on. Most situations are probably solvable anyway, but it would get a bit repetetive to me to just run and stab. Sleeping darts are also the natural antidote to gunners. I really like those situations when you put one of the gunners to sleep and then try to navigate to him before he wakes up.

I realize that the berserk dart in particular is overpowered, but I think it's great to give the player a way out if he finds himself in a situation he deems hopeless otherwise.

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Haha you guys are so hardcore :o! The blowpipe is awesome. To me it makes stealth more varied and tactical. For example you can make plots like "If I berserk that distant guards and then put the gunner to sleep I'll be able to get over there" and so on. Most situations are probably solvable anyway, but it would get a bit repetetive to me to just run and stab. Sleeping darts are also the natural antidote to gunners. I really like those situations when you put one of the gunners to sleep and then try to navigate to him before he wakes up.

I realize that the berserk dart in particular is overpowered, but I think it's great to give the player a way out if he finds himself in a situation he deems hopeless otherwise.
I don't like berserk dart so much and hence unless I want to start a street riot I don't use it. I like the idea that is causes a distraction but eh, I'm also roleplaying in my head :p I want to be a true assassin, so it's like a normal day except someone(target) died. A slient assassin if you will, having guards fight each other and kill each other doesn't seem like a normal day, it's fishy :p

Sleeping darts are useful, but I don't use them unless absolutely necessary a good player uses the field as an advantage, taking straight paths is foolish, I circle around etc.

Sushiglutton
11-25-2013, 03:17 PM
I don't like berserk dart so much and hence unless I want to start a street riot I don't use it. I like the idea that is causes a distraction but eh, I'm also roleplaying in my head :p I want to be a true assassin, so it's like a normal day except someone(target) died. A slient assassin if you will, having guards fight each other and kill each other doesn't seem like a normal day, it's fishy :p

Sleeping darts are useful, but I don't use them unless absolutely necessary a good player uses the field as an advantage, taking straight paths is foolish, I circle around etc.

Yeah I try to keep the berserk dart use to a minimukm too, because it's a bit like a win button. But I like that the option is there and it prevents you from ever getting stuck in a stealth situation as there is always a way out. It can also be pretty comical to watch the guards fight it out so I sometimes use it on those guarding manuscript pages :p

But sleeping darts I use whenever I feel it's a good spot with no moral qualms

SixKeys
11-25-2013, 05:27 PM
The darts add some fun variety for sure. Sometimes with an assassination contract I don't even bother getting my hands dirty, I just shoot a berserk dart at either the target or one of his bodyguards, sit back and enjoy the show. :cool: I haven't done a don't-kill-anybody run of a plantation raid yet, but sleep darts should come in handy there when I decide to try it.

One time on an island I tried to get a jaguar to kill the guards for me by shooting it with a berserk dart. It went wild, the guards looked like they were about to **** themselves, but unfortunately the jaguar ran off without killing anybody. Don't know if that was just bad luck or if predators don't attack other humans in this game.

DetroitPlaya
11-25-2013, 05:30 PM
No it doesn't.

Stealth relies more on patience, which means; if you don't have the patience, you pull out a the blowpipe.

The blowpipe speeds things up, but speed is not the point of stealth. ;)

MnemonicSyntax
11-25-2013, 05:35 PM
I do like that Beserk darts will cause the target to kill everyone, even pirate hostages, and cause others to ring the alarm bell, though it doesn't happen often enough I think.

If I saw a guard suddenly go crazy, I'd hit the alarm bell because you KNOW something caused him to go cray cray like that.

DetroitPlaya
11-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Heh, I like Berserking the target I have to kill for Assassination Contracts.

I stay out of combat, and I don't get my hands dirty. ;)

MnemonicSyntax
11-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Heh, I like Berserking the target I have to kill for Assassination Contracts.

I stay out of combat, and I don't get my hands dirty. ;)

Indeed. I normally shoot and just walk away. Makes the contracts a bit too easy, but the ones that allow combat I go all out.

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2013, 05:43 PM
No it doesn't.

Stealth relies more on patience, which means; if you don't have the patience, you pull out a the blowpipe.

The blowpipe speeds things up, but speed is not the point of stealth. ;)
This.
Stealth was never meant to be a mainstream genre. It requires a lot of time and patience, unfortunately to make mainstream AAA "stealth" titles not be like that, they just add borderline stealthy features.

That's not how you play stealth though, if you need to wait for 30 minutes to pass a checkpoint you plan and wait 30 minutes to get that perfect opportunity. You don't even need the blowpipe you need patience.

SixKeys
11-25-2013, 05:45 PM
This.
Stealth was never meant to be a mainstream genre. It requires a lot of time and patience, unfortunately to make mainstream AAA "stealth" titles not be like that, they just add borderline stealthy features.

That's not how you play stealth though, if you need to wait for 30 minutes to pass a checkpoint you plan and wait 30 minutes to get that perfect opportunity. You don't even need the blowpipe you need patience.

And let's face it, AC has never been so hardcore that it makes you wait 30 minutes for a perfect opening. The games are much more forgiving than most (except for AC3 maybe).

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2013, 05:47 PM
And let's face it, AC has never been so hardcore that it makes you wait 30 minutes for a perfect opening. The games are much more forgiving than most (except for AC3 maybe).
Yeah it's not. It was just an example of games which are actually true 100% stealth genre, AC is psuedo-stealth "action-adventure"

DetroitPlaya
11-25-2013, 05:55 PM
What Assassin's Creed needs is something like Dishonoured's "Clean Hands" achievements.

I realise it wouldn't be 100% clean hands, but... Have it so you only kill your primary target - the rest just knock out. Dishonoured isn't full-out stealth, but I feel that game has more of the "wait for the perfect opening" than Assassin's Creed. Or at least it gives more of a reason to do it.

Probably not make it a trophy/achievement, but.. Maybe make it a very hard challenge, which unlocks something really awesome. I don't know, maybe the assassin character online for bragging rights? A more revealing ending? Etc.. etc..

Shahkulu101
11-25-2013, 06:01 PM

Was it just me or was taking forts in AC3 EXTREMELY fun. I mean, I normally could only kill the captain undetected and then all hell would break loose but I could be in there for 20-30 minutes just scouting around, then go in for the kill. Granted, the A.I was ridiculously 'telepathic' but getting around it could be pretty fun. I still prefer AC4 in every aspect over AC3 though, except maybe the main protagonist, I'm torn in that sense.

Landruner
11-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Was it just me or was taking forts in AC3 EXTREMELY fun. I mean, I normally could only kill the captain undetected and then all hell would break loose but I could be in there for 20-30 minutes just scouting around, then go in for the kill. Granted, the A.I was ridiculously 'telepathic' but getting around it could be pretty fun. I still prefer AC4 in every aspect over AC3 though, except maybe the main protagonist, I'm torn in that sense.

To be honest with you I was able to manage only two forts in AC3 by the way you describe above, the rest of time it turned into a rampage - Only 2 out of 7 since you have no way to re- play them even by the DNA storage and try to get a better strategy to blow the powder reserve and kill the captain of the fort . I don't know a lot of people that could have managed those forts in AC3 without being spotted, so you must be a god or something (good for you), because obviously not so many did it, unless they quit and restarted their games each time they got spotted.

For AC4 I could manage in some better ways, but still, it was not immersive enough for me to considering myself as a snaky assassin, and getting that satisfaction to sound like one. I had more fun with some other games at being stealthy whereas the stealth is not required or mandatory for those games (Skyrim, Metro series, Far Cry 3) or totally optional and aleatory (GTA4, RDR) than being stealthy in AC4. I felt relying the very poorly executed 2008 / Viking: Battle for Asgard for its mechanics sometimes, and I am not the only ones that compare them for their stealth mechanics and its AI.

Shahkulu101
11-25-2013, 06:44 PM
To be honest with you I was able to manage only two forts in AC3 by the way you describe above, the rest of time it turned into a rampage - Only 2 out of 7 since you have no way to re- play them even by the DNA storage and try to get a better strategy. I don't know a lot of people that could have managed those forts in AC3 without being spotted, so you must be a god or something (good for you), because obviously not so many did it, unless they restarted their games each time the got spotted.

For AC4 I could manage in some better ways, but still, it was not immersive enough for me to considering myself as a snaky assassin, and getting that satisfaction to sound like one. I had more fun with some other games at being stealthy whereas the stealth is not required for those games (Skyrim, Metro series, Far Cry 3) or totally optional and aleatory (GTA4, RDR) than being stealthy in AC4. I felt relying the very poorly executed 2008 / Viking: Battle for Asgard for its mechanics sometimes, and I am not the only ones that compare them for their stealth mechanics and its AI.

Well like I said I would normally reach the captain and then it would turn into a rampage haha

For AC4, I kind of do feel like an assassin actually. I will only use the hidden blade on my target and knockout/ghost the rest of them, I find that particularly satisfying. I honestly think that a crouch button and heavily refined A.I would fix a lot but the crouch button is more environmental stealth and not social stealth, but AC4 seems to favour environmental, what with all the stalking zones - so it would be slightly contradictory to say they can't add crouch as it goes directly against social stealth, since stalking zones do exactly that anyway!

SixKeys
11-25-2013, 06:47 PM

You're probably not the only person who liked them (we had a member here do a 100% stealth run on each of the forts, with detailed descriptions of the methods and observations on the AI), but I absolutely ****ing hated the forts in AC3. They were basically a condensed version of everything that was wrong with the stealth. Guards would get stuck circling in one spot, so they would always have a line of sight to you; they would randomly change their patrol patterns after detecting a body, ruining your approach plan; they would magically "hear" a dead body slump to the ground behind them from 100 feet away, etc.

Landruner
11-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Well like I said I would normally reach the captain and then it would turn into a rampage haha

For AC4, I kind of do feel like an assassin actually. I will only use the hidden blade on my target and knockout/ghost the rest of them, I find that particularly satisfying. I honestly think that a crouch button and heavily refined A.I would fix a lot but the crouch button is more environmental stealth and not social stealth, but AC4 seems to favour environmental, what with all the stalking zones - so it would be slightly contradictory to say they can't add crouch as it goes directly against social stealth, since stalking zones do exactly that anyway!

Connor's Rampage LOL!!! - Yes I agree with you about the crouch button, but only with adequate gameplay and AI setting of course for a better immersion in the environment stealth, I definitely agree. And some different AI for the free-roaming and for the social stealth will solve a lot in my opinion. For AC4 I believe that if environment stealth was more emphasized (restricted areas, plantations and else) and the AI should have made in consequence for a deeper stealth concept like it is, and if players would have been able to control the stealth, it would have loaded a lot of people and opinions among the fans on the same ship and then sailing in the same horizon for a better adventure and an assassin experience.

Landruner
11-25-2013, 07:19 PM
You're probably not the only person who liked them (we had a member here do a 100% stealth run on each of the forts, with detailed descriptions of the methods and observations on the AI), but I absolutely ****ing hated the forts in AC3. They were basically a condensed version of everything that was wrong with the stealth. Guards would get stuck circling in one spot, so they would always have a line of sight to you; they would randomly change their patrol patterns after detecting a body, ruining your approach plan; they would magically "hear" a dead body slump to the ground behind them from 100 feet away, etc.

The problem of the fort in AC3 and like some other locations, was not only a problem of AI but also a problem of pattern in the designation of the NPCs (Guard) There were a way too many and not always located in way that was making sense. For a good stealthy sequence, game designers have to set a a specific routine pattern with the foes in a way that makes sense for the player to enjoy and make their ways with their own skill and patience.
In most ACs and notably AC3 & 4 the foes in those environments are set in a random pattern, and players get into some dead end situation where they are locked in some spots for 20 min or more and after a while they have no other choice to go for it and get in rampage because you have no way to do otherwise.

Hans684
11-25-2013, 07:25 PM
We need the Hitman series version of sosial stealth. The smooth running assassination(Killing In Motion aka KIM), cover system, environmental stealth, crouch, takedowns(lethal/non-lethal) and the ability to choose gear and veapons from Splinter Cell.

Gi1t
11-25-2013, 07:48 PM
I agree...
Though I think I'd rather see social stealth mechanics improved more...

That's what I'd like to see too. -__- One of the key things that got me interested in AC from the start was the idea of a stealth engine not relying on hiding behind s***. Hiding in plain sight without having to don a cheesy disguise is very interesting to me, as is the idea of getting to move around and act like a normal person, which I always found very immersive. In AC1 I made a point of actually behaving normally as often as possible/not running around like a weirdo. When I decided to go up onto the rooftops, I wouldn't just jump up the nearest ladder and chuck any nosy guards off the roof, I'd go around looking for a ladder that I could climb without people noticing.

Landruner
11-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Hopefully someday they could work with deeper concepts on both social stealth and stealth with environment.

Social stealth in using the Anvilnext engine ability for providing deeper concepts and animations that offer some natural abilities for the character to melt into the crowd, the all in paying attention to the character' social behaving in order to get closer to the target.

Stealth with environment offering the tools of action to the player and some proper designed environment for a deeper experience in that art of reminding undetected.

(AC4 E3 demo was a cool example of what could be done and resume very well what i am trying to say , alas it was just a scripted demo made for the hype)

I believe if the Game designers consider 3 types of different AI and make some severe differences among these three (AI for Free roaming, AI for social stealth and AI for environment stealth) and then re-work on the concept of the missions, design of the location, specific design for each mission and re-work on the AI patterns, the all combination will rally a lot of people and make a lot happier they are with the franchise.

As long as they will keep mixing the all things together based on the same design and keeping in doing those tailing missions without even considering a deeper concept about it, a lot of people will get tired of it.

Sushiglutton
11-25-2013, 09:16 PM
The darts add some fun variety for sure. Sometimes with an assassination contract I don't even bother getting my hands dirty, I just shoot a berserk dart at either the target or one of his bodyguards, sit back and enjoy the show. :cool: I haven't done a don't-kill-anybody run of a plantation raid yet, but sleep darts should come in handy there when I decide to try it.

One time on an island I tried to get a jaguar to kill the guards for me by shooting it with a berserk dart. It went wild, the guards looked like they were about to **** themselves, but unfortunately the jaguar ran off without killing anybody. Don't know if that was just bad luck or if predators don't attack other humans in this game.

Had no idea you could berserk animals. Now I want to go to one of the plantaions with monkeys and cause mayhem!

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Had no idea you could berserk animals. Now I want to go to one of the plantaions with monkeys and cause mayhem!
Yeah you can, I expected them to go mad and attack people...they just run around in circles...

DetroitPlaya
11-25-2013, 09:27 PM
I personally would love to have guards wrestle with a crocodile. <3

ExtremeOutsider
11-27-2013, 02:30 PM
sounds like the Op can not play the game with in the game's given tools . You have the stalking zones and hidden blades if you want to play that way . No one is forcing you to use the blow pipe . But to sit there and demand a change because its not what you want is pathetic .

shobhit7777777
11-27-2013, 08:28 PM
This is what I was talking about in my review.

Black Flags takes stealth to the next level in the franchise....but there are some serious issues with the approach it has taken.

The Blowpipe is the one 'systemic' item present that acts as a versatile AI manipulation tool. The game doesn't have much of these. The result is that the missions designed hinge on and often encourage the use of the blowpipe in many situations as the preferred stealthy tool.

This isn't a horrible thing....in-fact I applaud the inclusion of a tool like the Blowpipe with its various effects and the way it which opens up new avenues...but the game's stealth suffers not because of it...but inspite of it.

I mentioned how the game's AI and other systems are rooted in a social stealth oriented design - AI reactions, sightlines, character movement etc.however the majority of "stealth" missions are designed around a traditional "Splinter Cell" experience. This emphasizes the chinks in the armour.

What this franchise needs is -

1. AI overhaul so that restricted area NPCs behave differently from normal AI
2. Mission Design which plays to the strength of AC's stealth gameplay - Urban verticality, social stealth
3. More versatile tools and weapons to enable different ways of manipulating AI - Explosives for loud distractions and traps, completely silent kills, poison for absolute covert kills

shobhit7777777
11-27-2013, 08:34 PM
@Wolfmeister

I've found that using pistol shots to draw the AI in works really well as a distraction.

I've also found that planting marksmen rifles at hiding spots before launching an attack is a fantastic tactic. Shoot...drop rifle....move to next stalking zone...shoot...repeat.

Dev_Anj
11-28-2013, 01:29 AM

Where is it? I want to read it!

Shahkulu101
11-28-2013, 02:01 AM
Where is it? I want to read it!

Then GO for it! http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/807859-Assassin-s-Creed-Black-Flags-Review-SPOILER-FREE

Dev_Anj
11-28-2013, 04:35 AM
Then GO for it! http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/807859-Assassin-s-Creed-Black-Flags-Review-SPOILER-FREE

Well, I checked Shobhit's recently made threads a while after posting that and read it. :D It's nice as a review, and I like what he points about the social stealth and how the same A.I being used in stealth areas makes the game ridiculous. He could've talked a bit more about the story though.

Landruner
11-28-2013, 04:43 AM

1. AI overhaul so that restricted area NPCs behave differently from normal AI
2. Mission Design which plays to the strength of AC's stealth gameplay - Urban verticality, social stealth
3. More versatile tools and weapons to enable different ways of manipulating AI - Explosives for loud distractions and traps, completely silent kills, poison for absolute covert kills

Excellent points above, it is exactly what should be included in the improvement list in the next AC (Great) - They are some more, but if they do that, that will be a big move in something more improved.