PDA

View Full Version : I seriously need some help with the double legendary ship battle

tymaster50
11-25-2013, 02:28 AM
These guys do not go down, i have the elite hull armor and it still feels like I lose health in 2 seconds, I tried getting behind one and chain shotting it but it doesn't do very noticeable amounts of damage and serves to get me shot at by the other ship, does it make a difference having elite mortars and elite heavy shot from the fully upgraded form of it or is the battle just luck? I can get one ship down and the other in the red but then the super ram gets me because it tanks shots like mad.

pacmanate
11-25-2013, 03:15 AM
You need to mortar shot them and also stay behind, once behind them turn sideways and use heat shot. Heat shot is literally your best weapon, if you have the Elite swivels then this also helps immensely.

TACTIC: You need to damage them both EQUALLY. Basically when you destroy one, the other sets itself on fire, when its on fire it just rams you and takes SOOO much health from you. So what you have to do is make sure both ships literally have a fragment of health then start destroying them.

tymaster50
11-25-2013, 03:20 AM
You need to mortar shot them and also stay behind, once behind them turn sideways and use heat shot. Heat shot is literally your best weapon, if you have the Elite swivels then this also helps immensely.

TACTIC: You need to damage them both EQUALLY. Basically when you destroy one, the other sets itself on fire, when its on fire it just rams you and takes SOOO much health from you. So what you have to do is make sure both ships literally have a fragment of health then start destroying them.

what is heat shot and i thought elite swivels was only for bording ships?

pacmanate
11-25-2013, 03:53 AM
what is heat shot and i thought elite swivels was only for bording ships?

The heat shot is when you just look to the left or right and fire without aiming. Elite swivels arent just for bording at all so not sure where you got that idea :p

The heat shot can create about 4-5 swivel points for you to hit. I suggest going in to the fight with Elite swivels, Elite heat shot (or whatever the hell its called), and the elite hull.

tymaster50
11-25-2013, 03:57 AM
The heat shot is when you just look to the left or right and fire without aiming. Elite swivels arent just for bording at all so not sure where you got that idea :p

The heat shot can create about 4-5 swivel points for you to hit. I suggest going in to the fight with Elite swivels, Elite heat shot (or whatever the hell its called), and the elite hull.

ah ok its called the heavy shot in my game. and oh yeah I keep forgetting it does that, is the damage on the elite really noticeable from its fully upgraded form? If so I have to get started on sequence 2 memory 3 farming lol

itsamea-mario
11-25-2013, 03:57 AM
And whatever you do, don't get caught in between them, they'll pummel you from both sides and wreck you. when they begin to get close on each side, anchor as fast as you can, if you're lucky they'll go straight past without firing, if you're extra lucky they'll go past and shoot eachother.
Best though is to avoid letting the get close to eachother.

tymaster50
11-25-2013, 04:01 AM
And whatever you do, don't get caught in between them, they'll pummel you from both sides and wreck you. when they begin to get close on each side, anchor as fast as you can, if you're lucky they'll go straight past without firing, if you're extra lucky they'll go past and shoot eachother.
Best though is to avoid letting the get close to eachother.

I did that, one of them managed to kill the other and he enraged on me, didn't last too long after that. It is super annoying, i'll give it 3 more tries then I'll never do another legendary ship in my life lol

itsamea-mario
11-25-2013, 04:04 AM
I did that, one of them managed to kill the other and he enraged on me, didn't last too long after that. It is super annoying, i'll give it 3 more tries then I'll never do another legendary ship in my life lol

How well upgraded is you jackdaw?
Throughout the game i tried a few times to fight some of the legendary ships, with little success, then after i completed the game and almost fully upgraded my ship, i went round and destroyed most of them on my first attempt. It makes a difference.

tymaster50
11-25-2013, 04:07 AM
How well upgraded is you jackdaw?
Throughout the game i tried a few times to fight some of the legendary ships, with little success, then after i completed the game and almost fully upgraded my ship, i went round and destroyed most of them on my first attempt. It makes a difference.

Elite Hull Armor
Ultimate Set of Cannons
Almost Elite Ram
almost elite mortar and heavy shot
basically everything is maxed (not elite) except for storage ( i carry 15 mortars) and fire barrels (never use the things)

pacmanate
11-25-2013, 04:13 AM
Get all the elite stuff for what I said and you should be fine,

itsamea-mario
11-25-2013, 04:16 AM
Elite Hull Armor
Ultimate Set of Cannons
Almost Elite Ram
almost elite mortar and heavy shot
basically everything is maxed (not elite) except for storage ( i carry 15 mortars) and fire barrels (never use the things)

Elite mortar and heavy shot, really useful for man o' wars.

tymaster50
11-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Just took down the HMS prince on the first try, barely lost any health. Followed a guide on YouTube where he basically went behind it and opened fire. Worked 100% lol, that just leaves the two twins and el impoluto. Have enough money to upgrade to elite heavy shot so I just have to go get the plans.

natewarhead
11-25-2013, 03:37 PM
elite swivels are a huge upgrade they do four shots at once if you just press and hold the button.
also elite fire barrels can work as a good shield.

tymaster50
11-25-2013, 03:40 PM
elite swivels are a huge upgrade they do four shots at once if you just press and hold the button.
also elite fire barrels can work as a good shield.

ah ok that will be my next target, it helps with el impoluto right? I'm just gonna ram the living **** out of it and fire mah lazer

Kulgrim
11-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Forget ramming El Impoluto, he is faster and hits WAY harder then you do when ramming, and I have a fully maxed ship. Fire barrels are actually useful against him, what I would do is when he would pull away I would line myself up with him before he starts his ramming run, then I would hit him with one mortar, once that goes off, drop speed to 1, flip a 180 and let him catch up to the aft of your ship, drop fire barrels repeatedly till he peals away, then turn enough to hit him with a broadside as he flees. Trying to ram him is a sure fire way to die fast, he knocks off near to or a complete bar each time he hits you, and he can and will hit you multiple times before peeling off. I even had him do a 180 lifting the nose out of the water and karate chop my Jackdaw...

tymaster50
11-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Forget ramming El Impoluto, he is faster and hits WAY harder then you do when ramming, and I have a fully maxed ship. Fire barrels are actually useful against him, what I would do is when he would pull away I would line myself up with him before he starts his ramming run, then I would hit him with one mortar, once that goes off, drop speed to 1, flip a 180 and let him catch up to the aft of your ship, drop fire barrels repeatedly till he peals away, then turn enough to hit him with a broadside as he flees. Trying to ram him is a sure fire way to die fast, he knocks off near to or a complete bar each time he hits you, and he can and will hit you multiple times before peeling off. I even had him do a 180 lifting the nose out of the water and karate chop my Jackdaw...

ramming worked fine against him ;), 4th try did it lol

wheelhouse413
11-26-2013, 06:11 AM
ramming worked fine against him ;), 4th try did it lol

That's how I finally got Impoluto.

As for the dual ships - I was fully upgraded, and mortared when I could, but basically I went between them and broadsided one of them (whichever had the most health), braced, and then opened up swivels, then tried to mortar them as they were behind me.

Took a few tries, but once I got the timing of the brace down (and not killing one while the other was still over half health) that's the strat that worked for me.

EternalDark_
05-15-2015, 11:33 AM
These guys do not go down, i have the elite hull armor and it still feels like I lose health in 2 seconds, I tried getting behind one and chain shotting it but it doesn't do very noticeable amounts of damage and serves to get me shot at by the other ship, does it make a difference having elite mortars and elite heavy shot from the fully upgraded form of it or is the battle just luck? I can get one ship down and the other in the red but then the super ram gets me because it tanks shots like mad.

My jackdaw is completely upgraded except for the special ram, and i still cannot beat them both