PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Annoying Things with Mission Design

Wolfmeister1010
11-25-2013, 02:25 AM
This game makes a better effort at better mission design, but there are some issues that annoy the crap put of me, from mission design faults, to detection faults.

1. Some corners do not conceal you, even when you are doing the corner cover animation, even when the guards are in a spot where they should not be able to see you, making corner assassinations impossible (siege of charlestown).
2. Gunners detect bodies behind walls or out of sight. When in a mission I was on the rooftops and killed a guard, and he fell behind a tall wooden wall on the roof. But, the gunner on the opposite side of the rooftops across the street detected it. Add this to the annoyng telepathic tendencies of gunners.
3. Gunner faces one direction only is some places, and the locations force you to go on a certain path that leads into the gunner's sight range, so it is impossible to NOT be detected. They can spot you as far as you can hit them with a sleep dart, so it is literally impossible to not get detected.
4. Double assassinations sometimes fail, even when the people are standing less than a couple inches away from each other.
5. House in kingston plantation sometimes does not let you climb up. This is actually an issue for many buildings.
6. When using the throw knife, the guards can detect you after you throw one NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE. even if you are on a rooftop way above them.
7. When guards are in wary mode, they can detect you as soon as you appear in there POSSIBLE range of vision, even if you are on a rooftop above them and they arent even looking up at you.

The stealth mechanics are way better in this game, but the detection system is still very very broken and the mission design can still be improved.

GOD do I hate the gunners. Just so much.

Landruner
11-25-2013, 03:31 AM
We talked about that already in your previous threads - AI needs to be reworked and I believe several different types of AI have to be involved, and well like you mention, mission's design has to be improved as well.
I could notice through a lot of AC mission design of the structure are not designed or retouched for the missions and for the scenarios of the missions, they make the design of the game first, and then set the missions inside that design, most of the time it is the opposite that happen even for open world games.

Wolfmeister1010
11-25-2013, 03:32 AM
We talked about that already in your previous threads - AI needs to be reworked and I believe several different types of AI have to be involved, and well like you mention, mission's design has to be improved as well.
I could notice through a lot of AC mission design of the structure are not designed or retouched for the missions and for the scenarios of the missions, they make the design of the game first, and then set the missions inside that design, most of the time it is the opposite that happen even for open world games.

Yes you are right. When it comes down to it all...the AI is the problem.

Landruner
11-25-2013, 03:43 AM
Yes you are right. When it comes down to it all...the AI is the problem.

AI and like you mention some of the design for specific missions as well. I believe that they really need to be sure that the design of the environment works perfectly with the AI and what the player can do -

That is the biggest problem I believe of the AC (especially when people complaint about not being an assassin), it is we don't feel snaky enough because of the AI or sometimes the design of the environment that does not help. We mostly make our ways either by luck or by error and trial but mostly not by our skills, and it is not fun for a lot -

Like I mentioned on your previous thread about the gunners, sure I could make my way, get closer and blow them down, but it was more and less because of luck not by my skills, and when gunners were spotted me almost arriving in the plantation (for instance) the cursor above them was going off "yellow as being seen", but without consequence since after hiding I was forgotten, however; even if I could continue my way, I was considered having been spotted by those gunners in first place, and I did not want to be seeing at all.

Example bellow for an Youtube Walkthrought with the gunners and AI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLO4tpwO2U