PDA

View Full Version : So I just upgraded to Elite Hull Armor...

tymaster50
11-24-2013, 09:46 PM
What else do I need so I don't get my *** whooped when facing legendary ships? I'm about to buy the ultimate set of cannons, everything else is just about fully upgraded (not elite).

Sharkey1337
11-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Luck, skill, and practice. The key thing is to flank the rear of each ship, they're weakest there and its a blind spot (mostly) for their weapons. I beat La Dama Negra without any elite upgrades, just took a few tries and got very lucky at the end as I was nearly dead.

JamJar502
11-24-2013, 09:55 PM
If you can get the mortars fully upgraded, it may help (certainly helped me). Swivels will be helpful. I suggest just giving it a go and see what happens. If you do get your *** whooped, then upgrade some more.

EnzuigiriUK
11-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Main thing you need is the heavy duty ram and the heavy shot cannons ... my preferred course of action is mortar them from the behind, ram from behind, get along side, give them a broadside and then go mad with swivel/broadside combo .. you will take a lot of damage in the battle but you can always fast travel to a repair location when the fight is over. Also beware that they have been given an unrealistic turning circle (almost a handbrake turn at points) so you must keep on the move.

natewarhead
11-25-2013, 01:11 PM
the elite swivel cannons do massive automatic damage you press and hold then BOOM a huge chunk of health drops. although they might seem pointless but fire barrels fully upgraded combined with swivels can do a lot of good the barrels can force a ship to stop moving.
I have all upgrades but I haven't tried the legendary ships.

also your ship is one f the faster one so if you get them to chase you, you can do a full stop and turn to broad side them from the front.
you can use rocks and cliffs to your advantage as cover or a trap and don't forget about those shallow banks.

your forts may help but they will likely sink the ship.

SenseHomunculus
11-25-2013, 03:29 PM
the elite swivel cannons do massive automatic damage you press and hold then BOOM a huge chunk of health drops. although they might seem pointless but fire barrels fully upgraded combined with swivels can do a lot of good the barrels can force a ship to stop moving.
I have all upgrades but I haven't tried the legendary ships.

also your ship is one f the faster one so if you get them to chase you, you can do a full stop and turn to broad side them from the front.
you can use rocks and cliffs to your advantage as cover or a trap and don't forget about those shallow banks.

your forts may help but they will likely sink the ship.

Are there any friendly forts within the legendaries' range? If you travel too far from their starting point, they disappear and your progress is reset.

And since you cannot board/capture them, isn't the point to sink them? :p

MnemonicSyntax
11-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Yes, but when a fort sinks a ship, there's no salvage left over.