PDA

View Full Version : The team lead of the rendering team of AC4 says that he plays his game at 60 FPS!

AherasSTRG
11-24-2013, 08:58 PM
So, I have a GTX 760 and in grassy areas my frames can drop below 50 at high to very high settings killing the excitement of eg. traversing a jungle. However, mr Luc Poirier on an interview some time ago in DSOG (http://www.dsogaming.com/interviews/ubisoft-talks-ac4-tech-anvilnext-engine-features-global-illumination-dx11-2-amds-mantle/) said that at his desk he has a GTX 670 and plays at 60 FPS!!!!!!
I understand the fact that sometimes games are not quite what we expect them to be in terms of performance or gameplay, but this is wholly different. Did I ever offend mr Poirier? Did I ever lie to him? Did I ever try to change facts so that my work gains recognition? Why is he doing that to me and to thousands others who paid to get the game? This is not only immoral, but also illegal (false advertising).
This is not a personal attack on any Ubisoft employee (I don't know any of the people that worked on AC4), but I am personally offended by this treatment and I am asking for the performance issues of AC4 to be taken into immediate consideration of the developement team.

luciusnetheril
11-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Well there's a certain someone on these forums who plays maxed out AC4 on 660 with no performance dips... Catch is, he used lame arse 1368x768 resolution. Needless to say, it means that the lead designer, just like certain someone from these forums, is full of crap.

AherasSTRG
11-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Well there's a certain someone on these forums who plays maxed out AC4 on 660 with no performance dips... Catch is, he used lame arse 1368x768 resolution. Needless to say, it means that the lead designer, just like certain someone from these forums, is full of crap.
No, he is not the lead designer, he was the Lead of the Rendering team. As far as the other guy goes, yeah, I 've seen his posts. Someone needs to tell him that at that resolution, his card renders half the pixels our cards do at 1080p.

strigoi1958
11-25-2013, 01:36 AM
well without knowing his pc spec you can only speculate... if he has a xeon E5 2687w cpu or an i7 3970x cpu he will run 60 fps with a gtx670. I don't know if he has a $1400 cpu but it's possible.

UdyrXinTheHouse
11-25-2013, 02:50 AM
I have a GTX 660 OC edition and I've seen 60FPS, mostly I run 50 though.

SirChick
11-25-2013, 03:04 AM
What is your screen resolution ? And also, what AA have you got turned on... having anti alias maxed when sitting up close to a PC screen is not going to give you any advantage so you can turn it down. The same goes for soft shadows.

They have those options higher AA options though for TV screens and those with 4k resolution. Simply don't need them on a PC monitor.

Equally if he has his game installed on an SSD it will out perform by alot compared to yours... but i don't know your setup.

strigoi1958
11-25-2013, 03:45 AM
I've just checked mine in fraps and I get around 55 fps and I have a gtx 670 running on medium settings with the game on an external hd which may slow it down..... as soon as it's uploaded I'll post a link to the youtube clip.

http://i39.tinypic.com/k2bbch.jpg

SirChick
11-25-2013, 05:58 PM
I've just checked mine in fraps and I get around 55 fps and I have a gtx 670 running on medium settings with the game on an external hd which may slow it down..... as soon as it's uploaded I'll post a link to the youtube clip.

Your screen resolution is pretty high =/ 1920 ! That' higher than mine which would be why you have to have lower settings to be able to play it at a reasonable frame rate. Im on 1900 but also have a top GPU so im playing on max settings. But i do get a drop in frame rate during ship battles when the smoke is really dense it can drop to like 40 FPS. So its not surprising that your getting 55FPS on your card.

x___Luffy___x
11-25-2013, 06:33 PM
these are my in game settings and i'm absolutely loving this game.

http://i.picpar.com/SJ0.jpg

and i get fps around 30-50 depending on the location. the jungle and more foilage areas gets the lowest fps. i even played with soft shadows at low. it very rarely in the most demanding places made the game little heavy. i am happy to play at these settings as long as it plays smoothly.

and one other thing i tried the latest driver which nvidia released ( 331.82 ) but it wasn't using my gpu at full. it s usage was between 60-85 and i got fps in mid 20s.
so i reverted to the previous driver ( 331.65 ) and my gpu usage remained at 99%. and i got fps ranging from 28- 50. and it plays very smoothly.

for people who are having problem with fps do try different drivers.

and this game too don't use other cores. first at max and the rest very low to no usage. this should not happen if it is properly optimized.

my specs :

i5 3550 @ 3.3ghz
660 ti
8 gb ram

Voyager456
11-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Im having decent performance in towns with my 760 though same like the starter of thread the fps drops too much in the areas with lot of foliage and grass,also i remeber first 30 minutes of gameplay when i was in abstergo as soon as i would look at that huge three framerate would thank down like crazy i hope thy will optimize the game more in the next patch,btw i noticed someone up said you will get much better fps with ssd wich is bs i have it and i havent seen a single fps gain from an ssd loading times were better of course

BridgetFisher
11-25-2013, 07:00 PM
that guy is a liar, I have a 690 and get 35-45 fps.
He said he spoke for ubisoft because they were dropping pc support, I think they should optimize the game more because its a good game.