PDA

View Full Version : why no 120hz support?

organizator2007
11-24-2013, 01:36 PM
hi,

could you please patch in 120hz resolutions, i hate 60hz

thx, i tought this would be standard

JnrfL
11-24-2013, 02:42 PM
hi,

could you please patch in 120hz resolutions, i hate 60hz

thx, i tought this would be standard

There is a fix for this. I have a 144hz monitor and it works. Just follow this simple steps.

Go to Documents/Assassin's Creed IV/Assassin4.ini

When you see "RefreshRate=" change it to whatever you want, like for me 144 and in "DisplayableRefreshRate=" change the current value to 0. :)

organizator2007
11-24-2013, 03:12 PM
There is a fix for this. I have a 144hz monitor and it works. Just follow this simple steps.

Go to Documents/Assassin's Creed IV/Assassin4.ini

When you see "RefreshRate=" change it to whatever you want, like for me 144 and in "DisplayableRefreshRate=" change the current value to 0. :)

wow, thanks! im going to try this out as soon as im home!
did not know it would be this simple! i wonder why ubisoft did not put this into the options..

again, thanks a lot!

yaxdax
11-24-2013, 04:08 PM
I also have a 144hz monitor and I just tried your suggested change in the .ini file.... doesn't do anything for me, still stuck at 60.

JnrfL
11-24-2013, 04:30 PM
I also have a 144hz monitor and I just tried your suggested change in the .ini file.... doesn't do anything for me, still stuck at 60.

To tell you the truth I didn't really dwell in the performance issue since I was fine with the frames I was getting. (I'm not even sure what my frames are actually haha.) My concern was really more on the screen tearing aspect and what I said solved that. Also is your graphics card Nvidia? I also set my monitor refresh rate to be the highest possible for the game in the control panel.

goodridd
11-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Yeah, this fix doesn't actually fix the problem as the game is capped. I can't exceed 63 fps no matter what resolution or settings I use. This game was designed to run at 60fps.

But thanks for trying!

organizator2007
11-25-2013, 05:25 AM
seems you guys got that new asus 3d vision 144hz monitor ;)
do you like it? my brother wants to buy one real soon - i wonder if you can connect a ps3 through hdmi1.4 to it and use the playstation 3D features or watch 3d movies though PS3 with it as it has no built in nvidia 3d sensor?

anyway i just changed the ini settings - even if it does not remove the fps cap the picture should be much more calm with higher frequency