PDA

View Full Version : The Animus Theory (Contains Story Spoilers from all core games)

GoldyTart
11-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Hey guys,
One of the most amazing thing to come out of Black Flags (Thank you Ubisoft and AC Devs!) is information on some pieces of Eden's that I thought was especially awesome (I will come to those later)...

Now here's the thing with the Animus... Due to the nature of AC writers, a lot of mysteries have never had any sort of conclusion, especially as to the functionality of the Animus. We know they rely on a person's DNA, we know that the host is not explicitly needed in order to access these memories, and we know that the Animus projects a person's concious mind into Puppeteer controls allowing direct access to another person...

The canon things (bad word choice :( ) that we DO know as well is that the Animus uses technology from the First Civi's and that the Animus evolved through unethical means before it became user friendly. Now what is the point of this thread you ask? I wanted to provide my theory as to the way the Animus works that hopefully sounds plausible...

In my opinion, the Animus uses Quantum entanglements (I'll get there [I hope] later today) in order to reach back in time and provide a discrete frame where subjects are able to view memories. DNA's are unique and no one's DNA is the same to another expect in the case of a twin... In theory, DNA's are so distinct that they could be tied to one person and one person only, Our DNA's contains billions of data and as generations increase, so too does the data in the DNA increase. Each time a person is born, they imprint data from the father and the mother, thus having a unique set of codes. These codes are then transferred to another child, who then has a unique, but "assimilated" code from the new sets of data donors (the parents of the child). As a result, every person's unique data is still present deep within the DNA, waiting to be extracted and used...

Where does the Animus comes in? Simply, the Animus is able to find data points of each person from within that DNA, extract relevant information such as time of ancestor's birth, and then combines a bunch of other pieces of Eden in order to project that data into meaningful information... This is the basic functionality of the Animus, and this is why DNA's provide the perfect "vessels" in order to recreate a person's identity as the data is always passed on and always accessible as long as the DNA remains intact...

Think of the DNA as an index that keeps track of ancestors, people who act as flash drives, the Animus as a workstation used to extract information from flash drives, and the software within the Animus in order to turn this information into meaningful visual and audio data...

I want to add more but my hands are aching and I want the community to weigh in on my theory,

There are a lot holes in this theory but isn't that why we're here in the first place? To create order from chaos...?

Thanks for reading! I'll add more content later....

The_Heisenberg
11-24-2013, 08:22 AM
It's a game.

roostersrule2
11-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Walt is right, it's a game. No need to go all technical on things that'll never be answered or confirmed.

GoldyTart
11-24-2013, 08:51 AM
I understand your criticism but the reason why I wrote this was because I am fascinated with the lore and I feel as a player and observer that to show my appreciation to devs, I want to compliment them with my theories... Assassin's Creed may just be a "game" but this game also has an overarching plot that many of us anticipate for and love it to death... Since the first games, we have been given so many conspiracies and so many plot devices, and the fact is that Assassin's Creed entirely revolves around the use the the Animus as a plot device... I wanted to contribute and contribute I did...

ace3001
11-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Like two people before me said, it's a game. You can't really give real world explanations to things that even the writers have never thought of.

The canon things (bad word choice http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/frown.png ) that we DO know as well is that the Animus uses technology from the First Civi's and that the Animus evolved through unethical means before it became user friendly. Now what is the point of this thread you ask? I wanted to provide my theory as to the way the Animus works that hopefully sounds plausible...

I have something to say about this, though. In one of the things you unlock in modern day after hacking some PCs in AC IV, it says that even though the animus research started based on first civ tech, the current Animus is not depending on first civ tech or something of the sort.

GoldyTart
11-24-2013, 09:20 AM
It specifically says that the Memory Seals (such as the Masyaf memory seals used by Altair) is NOT based on current Animus technology... Also in AC1 Warren Vidic says that the Animus is a "gift" from TWCB to Desmond when Desmond was curious...

The_Heisenberg
11-24-2013, 12:20 PM
I understand your criticism but the reason why I wrote this was because I am fascinated with the lore and I feel as a player and observer that to show my appreciation to devs, I want to compliment them with my theories... Assassin's Creed may just be a "game" but this game also has an overarching plot that many of us anticipate for and love it to death... Since the first games, we have been given so many conspiracies and so many plot devices, and the fact is that Assassin's Creed entirely revolves around the use the the Animus as a plot device... I wanted to contribute and contribute I did...

Wouldn't really call it a theory. You basically said that the animus allows us to review our memories based on our genetic code and that it does this with the use of PoE's. I'm not trying to be a d***, but we already know this.