PDA

View Full Version : No Social Events?

Pages : [1] 2

Frag_Meister
11-23-2013, 02:01 PM
So I've been playing AC IV for more than 10 hours and all I met was one white whale. No social chests or royal convoys for me, even though I have 20+ UPlay friends with AC4. I'm constantly connected to Ubi servers, so why no blue events for me? Am I the only one having this issue?
PS: I have no problems with Kenway fleet or other online features.

LeChatMG
11-23-2013, 03:29 PM
I have the exact same promblem, no more social events appear in my game. All I have is a social royal convoy marker north-east of Havana, but there's no timer when hovering it on the map, and in the world, the actual convoy is nowhere to be found in the area.
I believe the lack of social events are linked to the Ubi servers crash/downtime from yesterday, since they worked for me before the servers went down, but they stopped working since they're back up.

Dellers
11-23-2013, 04:08 PM
You're right, the social events have been gone for a couple of days or so. I haven't seen any since Thursday IIRC. Probably because of the server issues yesterday. The only thing that seems to be working is helping out fleets, but what I really want is those whales. Apparently I have found them before since I got the achievement for sharing everything, but I didn't start hunting whales until yesterday.

Frag_Meister
11-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Still no social events visited me. Is it a server issue or something on my side? I double checked all my ports and firewall exceptions but never met any blue events since Thursday. It's a bit troubling, because I feel like I'm missing some interesting part of the game.

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Hmm, same here. I have only seen one white whale since I got the PC version on the 19th and I wasn't ready for it yet (basic harpoon and boat). I hope it's changed soon, I'd like to get the three to make that one outfit.

Serioga35
11-24-2013, 09:43 PM
same for me playing 3 days already and no blue events at all. I have frienlist 20 ppl online but no events from them also :/

Frag_Meister
11-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Maybe it's somehow connecnted to the region where we live or version of the game? I'm using CIS version, so it won't surprise me if we weren't restricted only in choosing game language.
I sent ticket to Ubi support, lets see what they will reply. You could do the same.

Cephsus
11-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Yeah same here. I disovered a Royal event when i first got the ship, but since then the event has vanished but the "R" logo remains and no social/community events has appeared since. This was a couple of days ago aswell.

Anykeyer
11-25-2013, 07:14 AM
And I was wondering whats up with my game. I too dont have social (blue) stuff. I think something had crashed on Ubisoft's end and game can't see friends list. Strange, MP and kenway fleet works fine, but regular single player insists that I dont have any friends. I checked with other ppl and they have the same issue. No one has blue stuff and when you open menu > database > leaderboards and then switch filter to friends only (ctrl with default keyboard controls) there is only you and no one else.

Serioga35
11-25-2013, 09:27 AM
yeah I checked yesterday or after yesterday had I friends all friens when u switched filter to friends, but now I checked its only me strange.

Serioga35
11-25-2013, 09:29 AM
with every day becoming worse and worse. are they FIXING anything?

Frag_Meister
11-25-2013, 03:19 PM
No fleet option on my IPad anymore. It's even worse than AC2 start.

MnemonicSyntax
11-25-2013, 03:29 PM
There's a thread on this in Console. Mr. Shade reported they're working on a fix because it's tied to AC Initiates as well. The problem was, events are showing up, but no one was getting their goods from them. You kill a white whale, well, that was fun... but you get NOTHING! Good day sir!

Something like that.

Unfortunately though, we weren't informed here. Between people allowed to troll, insult and flame others, reports being ignored and news only being halfway released, I find this forum staff lacking.

But, at least you now have news as to what's going on.

Forsakerr
11-25-2013, 05:29 PM
@ Mnemonic , that's nice to know that they are aware of it, on my side I was getting Whales, chests and Royal fleets when I had zero Uplay friend , since I added some people I found nothing. I was tempted to delete everyone on my list to see if I could find those again. And yes it would have been nice if they made a sticky here or something.

SixKeys
11-25-2013, 05:37 PM
On my first two days I found several social chests and I got the achievement for sharing, but since then I haven't run into anything. No chests, whales, convoys etc. I thought maybe I just had to freeroam more to unlock them, but it seems a lot of people are experiencing this problem.

jeje_71
11-25-2013, 09:41 PM
On my first two days I found several social chests and I got the achievement for sharing, but since then I haven't run into anything. No chests, whales, convoys etc. I thought maybe I just had to freeroam more to unlock them, but it seems a lot of people are experiencing this problem.

same problem here. got one whale one social chest and one royal convoy on first day but couldn't do anything about since i just started. since then nothing except the royal convoy marker remaining but nothing to do here...

andrew187
11-26-2013, 07:02 AM
I've been playing the PS3 version while waiting for PC/PS4 and have had dozens of whales/royal convoys/social events. I've been playing the PC version exclusively since Thursday and seen not a speck of Blue. I haven't checked the PS3 but it would be interesting if that still racks them up while the PC doesn't. I've found a white whale breaching at Cayo Island, but no hunting the damn thing and no blue map marker in the vicinity. I'm hoping this isn't another server problem since Splinter Cell still doesn't allow me to collect my DLC. I've managed to get all of my kit with this oner though, but no Moby!!

Frag_Meister
11-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Does support even care? I thought Batman: AO had terrible supp, but now I see true example of this term. All my tickets are ignored, it's almost a week and 0 issues were corrected, I don' even have access to all features of the game I bought.
Good job Ubisoft: you're doing worse than new WB studio /facepalm

Cephsus
11-26-2013, 11:21 AM
It is kinda annoying that there is no word about a possible patch for pc.

Top of that the Kenway fleet dont list your friend names anymore, just show blue ships with "friend" tagged on it. =/

/edit
Is it working again? Iv been finding social chests here and there now, spotted a white whale aswell. Told me it was shared, so...

xMorgothx2012
11-26-2013, 07:15 PM
There's a thread on this in Console. Mr. Shade reported they're working on a fix because it's tied to AC Initiates as well. The problem was, events are showing up, but no one was getting their goods from them. You kill a white whale, well, that was fun... but you get NOTHING! Good day sir!

Something like that.

Unfortunately though, we weren't informed here. Between people allowed to troll, insult and flame others, reports being ignored and news only being halfway released, I find this forum staff lacking.

But, at least you now have news as to what's going on.

Can you link the thread? I guess info when the issue is resolved will end up there as well.

Mr_Shade
11-26-2013, 07:47 PM
No Need.

I am checking on an update - however what I posted was about community challenges - I posted information already posted in other threads.

There where some issues with the first in game community challenge, not correctly unlocking for everyone - events linked to initiates - may have been affected by recent maintenance, which if you use the site, you would have noticed.

So, I will check to see if we have any official news I can share - it maybe a case of waiting for the next round - if you have missed any items already released on other formats - I have been advised that those items will rotate round again in the future - though the unlock criteria - maybe different

These are different from Social Events - which should happen when people on your friends list spot items of interest in the world - so best not confuse the two.

You do need to be both online - and - with friends playing for Social Events like white whales / royal convoys and chests to appear on your map - and even when they do - you have to find them quickly, since they do time out!

If you have both of those requirements met - you should see some - however it depends entirely on your friends spotting them - and you doing it for them

I will check if there are any reported issues - however I am not aware on any at the moment.

DarkTriumphant
11-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Social Events are not working at all. It was working the first 2 days but haven't worked since Thursday.

Other forums I visited have ppl complaining about the same thing and now this topic has confirmed my suspicions.

SOCIAL EVENTS ARE NOT WORKING ON PC!!!

Dracofear
11-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Same thing here, social events worked on the first day. Have not worked since.
My connection is fine, the friends helping fleets move faster works. The fact that ubisoft is not even aware of this as per Mr_Shades post is upsetting.
Would like to be able to hunt white whales and finish hunting the royal convoy's.

gerryblood
11-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Same for me. On release date I had multiple Royal convoys, Whales and Chests, but in last couple days I haven`t seen any of those except one Royal fleet stuck near northern islands with no timer.

xMorgothx2012
11-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Mr_Shade, I called the support telephone of my country yesterday and I was told that Ubisoft is aware of the issue and working on fixing it and there is definitely an issue here. On thursday I had 3 social royal convoys and I found a community treasure in quick succession and I got a shared white whale. Since then and I have been playing pretty much all weekend while being connected. I have 50+ contacts in my Uplay friends list and about 30 of those were playing pretty much constantly. Since friday there has been NOTHING on my end and NOTHING on their end, so you can't tell me that there is no issue here. And as far as I am aware that timeframe coincides with a server crash on the end of Ubisoft, so I think the picture being painted here makes perfect sense. Also this is not a PC only issue, on the console side of things you find threads about phantom convoys without timers etc. so yeah issue here, get it sorted out please.

Zombie844
11-26-2013, 10:38 PM
wow I have not seen them either except when I got the game on the 19-21st since then nothing and I have not one friend online with in this game so I couldn't share what I did find with anyone

MnemonicSyntax
11-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Mr_Shade, I called the support telephone of my country yesterday and I was told that Ubisoft is aware of the issue and working on fixing it and there is definitely an issue here. On thursday I had 3 social royal convoys and I found a community treasure in quick succession and I got a shared white whale. Since then and I have been playing pretty much all weekend while being connected. I have 50+ contacts in my Uplay friends list and about 30 of those were playing pretty much constantly. Since friday there has been NOTHING on my end and NOTHING on their end, so you can't tell me that there is no issue here. And as far as I am aware that timeframe coincides with a server crash on the end of Ubisoft, so I think the picture being painted here makes perfect sense. Also this is not a PC only issue, on the console side of things you find threads about phantom convoys without timers etc. so yeah issue here, get it sorted out please.

If it's a known issue (and it is) how is telling Shade to get it sorted going to help matters any faster?

When a patch is available to resolve this issue, you'll know.

Eagle017
11-27-2013, 02:26 AM
I had an uplay-upadate before I started playing today and now I just found a social chest. Maybe its fixed (at least partially) now? If thats the case, then they seem to be less frequent than they were during release. But I think that'd be a good thing if you consider that there were more White whales that bullsharks...

Dracofear
11-27-2013, 05:16 AM
Working again for me. Royal fleets, white whales and chests spawning as normal now.

Anykeyer
11-27-2013, 06:34 AM
These are different from Social Events - which should happen when people on your friends list spot items of interest in the world - so best not confuse the two.

You do need to be both online - and - with friends playing for Social Events like white whales / royal convoys and chests to appear on your map - and even when they do - you have to find them quickly, since they do time out!

Single player didnt even see friends list on PC (go into menu > database > leaderboards and change filtering to "friends" by using ctrl button, you will be all alone here). It was like that for everyone in the last 3 days, MP worked fine, somehow only SP is affected. I think those issues (SP not being able to see friends and no blue events) are connected.
Since there is a post about it working now I'll check later today.

xMorgothx2012
11-27-2013, 10:06 AM
If it's a known issue (and it is) how is telling Shade to get it sorted going to help matters any faster?

When a patch is available to resolve this issue, you'll know.

I don't see where I said that he could speed it up, but i am baffled that the information has not spread through all Ubisoft circles. All I expect from Mr_Shade is that he relays the information that something is wrong nothing more nothing less. And I must be honest that it rubs me the wrong way that he goes into the "user is stupid mode" by posting basic information about the social events that everybody knows. I don't like to be treated like an idiot because I know my stuff. I like to be taken seriously when I report a problem.

I can now confirm that events work again, but only partially. You find your own events, but you don't get anything from ppl on your friends list because that part is still bugged to hell and back. Of course this does not only effect the events but also kenway's fleet and multiplayer.

Anykeyer
11-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Any updates?
It apears to be semi-fixed by now. I started to find chests, and there was a royal convoy on my map for a day. It was wo countdown and no ships was there. Tomorrow I decided to check this place again and ship did appear so now count 1/3 convoys for challenges. But I think I'm stll not getting convoys or chests from others, so whole "community" stuff is broken. And Im yet to see any whales too.

Farlander1991
11-29-2013, 08:20 AM
I found two social chests and had a royal convoy on the map yesterday (That just appeared), successfully robbed the convoy and looted the chests.

therealdirk
11-29-2013, 01:24 PM
It has been working perfectly well for me in the last 2 days as long as i was playing during the day (Eastern US Time). In the evening and at night however I usually have nothing spawning which is really annoying. Might be why so many have issues not finding them because they are set only to spawn in a specific time period?

And just to show, in about an hour I had 4 chest, 3 whales and 4 Royal Convoy today alone. Not counting what I had yesterday.

dex3108
11-29-2013, 02:30 PM
I am stuck with Royal Convoy icon on my map for a week now. But there is no any Convoy when i go there. Also i didn't find any Chests, Whales etc. since last week.

LegoClaes
11-29-2013, 06:10 PM
I am stuck with Royal Convoy icon on my map for a week now. But there is no any Convoy when i go there. Also i didn't find any Chests, Whales etc. since last week.

This is my situation exactly.

MnemonicSyntax
11-29-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't see where I said that he could speed it up, but i am baffled that the information has not spread through all Ubisoft circles. All I expect from Mr_Shade is that he relays the information that something is wrong nothing more nothing less. And I must be honest that it rubs me the wrong way that he goes into the "user is stupid mode" by posting basic information about the social events that everybody knows. I don't like to be treated like an idiot because I know my stuff. I like to be taken seriously when I report a problem.

I can now confirm that events work again, but only partially. You find your own events, but you don't get anything from ppl on your friends list because that part is still bugged to hell and back. Of course this does not only effect the events but also kenway's fleet and multiplayer.

Because saying "get it sorted out please" while it's being sorted out is redundant.

And, gee, you aren't Ubisoft's only customer. He didn't treat you like an idiot, it's a blanket statement to everyone, because he doesn't know you. I don't know you. We don't know if you "know your stuff" or not.

And if you want to be taken seriously when you report a problem, then use Support. That's what it's their for. The forums are generally user/peer based support and discussion. Shade is a moderator, and while he can and does "send things up the ladder" it goes far more faster and is organized better with Support.

The more you know. /rainbow star thingy

Moral4postel
11-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Shade is a moderator, and while he can and does "send things up the ladder" it goes far more faster and is organized better with Support.

I never found any social event (20h + and always connected) I wrote a message last Saturday to the support. Only answer is, that they forwarded my message and if i wont reply in the next 4 days my ticket will be closed.

xMorgothx2012
11-30-2013, 05:42 PM
And if you want to be taken seriously when you report a problem, then use Support. That's what it's their for. The forums are generally user/peer based support and discussion. Shade is a moderator, and while he can and does "send things up the ladder" it goes far more faster and is organized better with Support.

The more you know. /rainbow star thingy

LMAO to the max

MnemonicSyntax
11-30-2013, 08:36 PM
I never found any social event (20h + and always connected) I wrote a message last Saturday to the support. Only answer is, that they forwarded my message and if i wont reply in the next 4 days my ticket will be closed.

With the Holiday Season upon us (Support was closed on Thanksgiving Day) my suggestion is to send another one in.

There is a message about a large backlog on the website. It happens with new games unfortunately, but it's a known issue and if you keep letting them know, they'll realize it's a big problem and might change the priority on it.

And being polite goes a long way too.

The good news is, my Social Events started working again. So it may be a region thing, but it proves it's being worked on.

Moral4postel
12-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Where do you live Europe, US, elsewhere?

MnemonicSyntax
12-01-2013, 01:27 AM
The US.

Moral4postel
12-01-2013, 10:28 AM
<-- Europe.
So where do the guys with "social event problems" live? In Europe?

Uranus888
12-01-2013, 12:28 PM
The location doesn't seem to be a criteria. I know lots of ppl in europe and non europe that don't get any events, some since thursday (like me), some even since one week.
The servers are not working as they should and it would be really advisable that they fix this soon because it is becoming very annoying.

jordysmart
12-01-2013, 02:55 PM
i have gotten 2 white whales already on my AC4 (Belgium) i don't get any problems except for sound issues and no weapon wheel

Moral4postel
12-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Hm i never found any event. It would be really nice, if there was an ETA for this.

SixKeys
12-01-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm in Europe and the events seem to be working on and off. Yesterday I found a white whale, the first social event after many hours of exploring. Sometimes when the events are working I'm stumbling on chests left and right, but a lot of the time there's nothing to be found.

Anykeyer
12-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Same for me. Few days back I found 4 chests in a row. Now I dont see anything again. I found my first white whale on satuday, and its still my only whale. So now I have finished chests (got more than 3) and 1/3 on both convoys and whales. And this is after 50h of play time. Ridiculous.

AntiChrist7
12-02-2013, 01:30 PM
does it work now or not? cause ive got this missions on initiates where i have to discover and share a social event like a royal fleet/whale/etc..., but i have been mostly doing story missions, so i havent encountered stuff (while i have before) . I know that when you get the location of a fleet a friend discovered, there is nothing there.

Mr_Shade
12-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Guys,

They were trying to correct the issue - where social events didn't show for everyone, so it's possible that while there were, some were active.

As far as I am aware, this is still ongoing, so please bear with them.

If you have general connection issues though, you should contact support, since they maybe able to help improve them for you.

www.support.ubi.com

Moral4postel
12-02-2013, 05:11 PM
As far as I am aware, this is still ongoing, so please bear with them.

Could you please post here, if the issue is fixed?

Jamesbarrock
12-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I randomly one day got TONS of social events. Royal convoys left and right. White whales all over the place. Social chests. Both me finding them and sharing them and them being shared with me. I did the thing where I added a bunch of AC4 friends though.

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Could you please post here, if the issue is fixed?

Wouldn't you know before he would, if you're playing?

Especially if it's a random occurrence, like it appears to be.

Moral4postel
12-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Wouldn't you know before he would, if you're playing?

Especially if it's a random occurrence, like it appears to be.

Im playing smth else at the moment. I'll continue, if the social events work again 100% because i just need to finish those for 100%

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Ah gotcha, bummer man.

Cyphromite
12-06-2013, 03:08 AM
any news on this? Still got not a single chest or white whale being in sequence 11 now.

MacPanama507
12-06-2013, 03:40 AM
any news on this? Still got not a single chest or white whale being in sequence 11 now.

I haven't seen any blues since day one. If Ubisoft keeps only focusing on the PlayStation version I'm going to go Edward Kenway on the next games.

MnemonicSyntax
12-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Piracy, joking or not, isn't allowed to be discussed here.

Of course, if you pirate, you wouldn't get the chests anyway. And it's NOT just the Playstation version, it's the actual server. PC version is affected too.

AnzioAuditore
12-06-2013, 09:53 AM
I've been loogking fore those blue social challenges for like 20 hours and didnt find anything. Does anyone know when its gonna be fixed?

Lubber2009
12-06-2013, 05:57 PM
The implementation of Social Events is the most hated part of the game. It is like: go there, don't know where. There is no information about it except it happens, no schedule, no presage it is coming, nobody knows rate of happening.

The thing is I am not against searching for it, I just hate to be obliged to search something that doesn't exist.

I do believe that Ubisoft should give more info about it to the players. Because now it just looks like trolling.

lsgnobody
12-06-2013, 06:06 PM
^That...
I sent a ticket a week ago to Ubi asking about it - since I never found a single social event.
Ok, so it's broken... Would you mind telling us "hey, stop looking, it's broken now. We'll advise when it's fine".

I mean... that's - at least - showing some respect.

KvantuM_RU
12-07-2013, 10:15 AM
PPl from namco bandai 2 month "tracking the problem" at Naruto game about transmission errror (80% of mp games can't be finished)
So we have to creat a petition to make them move... I don't understand why company wont share information about problem until people begin to resent and be active. =(

20+ friends
117 hours
3 new games
And only:
- 4 convoys
- 5 whales
- 2 treasure

Why? Just Why?

jepeman
12-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Add one more person on the list of people with broken social events.

It would seem like a save game bug that is on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC (dont know anyone playing AC4 on new consoles), because if you start a new save, there is a very high chance social events will work on that save, but not on the original/bugged one. I tested it and I could find a social event on a new save I started and other people have had success too, but thats absolutely no solution to the problem and the new save may bug out eventually anyways. Another reason I suspect a save game bug is because I found a few royal convoys, white whales and social chests on my main save during the first couple of days, but nothing for a week now.

Fireseed
12-07-2013, 03:46 PM
... Another reason I suspect a save game bug is because I found a few royal convoys, white whales and social chests on my main save during the first couple of days, but nothing for a week now.

Same here, wondering that Ubisoft said nothing about this obvious issue until now.

KvantuM_RU
12-07-2013, 10:45 PM
I found a solution. It somehow connected with count of your friendlist. If you got more then 29 friends with As4 - game start buggy. Srsly. Me and my friend tryed it and it's worked. Just delete someone with AS4 and you will see. "29" - it's a magical count.

Dahak-777
12-08-2013, 02:54 AM
Just found a Royal Convoy at 71,154 just south of the ambergis key dive point in the south west corner of the map

luciusnetheril
12-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I found a solution. It somehow connected with count of your friendlist. If you got more then 29 friends with As4 - game start buggy. Srsly. Me and my friend tryed it and it's worked. Just delete someone with AS4 and you will see. "29" - it's a magical count.

Not sure if that's the case. I have about 17 friends and have no social events at all. Although week a go I had the same amount of friends and I had those social events popping up every couple minutes.

KiBaFuS
12-08-2013, 01:58 PM
When the fixed social events, is nowhere white whale, the royal convoy, and chests, friends the same problem, why patch 1.02 messed up the whole game. Sorry for my english.

Lokikron
12-08-2013, 03:14 PM
I "had" social events but I had to actively go out and search for them, no pop ups on my map, I don't think I've ever had a notification that someone else found something and to go there, and the only time I didn't find something on my own, I think I actually did as I was really close in the area.

blacklimoband
12-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Anyone want to add me so I can get these social events (when they are working that is) lol :)

Maximas81
12-09-2013, 08:42 PM
I have been playing ac4 since the launch of the PS4 and havent seen one social event. Until this last Saturday 12/7 i ended up finding a social chest and then about 30 min later i found a white whale. So i figured that they got the social events working again. Spent the rest of the weekend searching for a royal convoy to finish the sharing with caring trophy but couldn't find one. Just wondering if anyone else had an luck this weekend with social events?

Violins77
12-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Just wanted to confirm the issue is happening to me as weel. Haven't seen anything since first week.

Lokikron
12-10-2013, 02:40 AM
I've had 2 chests (1 in a really random location that I had to climb to and it was kind of hidden, the other RIGHT THERE AS I GOT OFF MY SHIP)
I've had 3 whales (1 kinda just there, 1 I ran into while on a mission, and 1 I had to actively search out for)

ZERO ROYAL NAVY CONVOYS.

I have a few NORMAL convoy's on my map, but I never bothered with them because I never needed the money, hell when I fast traveled to one (it was right by a diving bell/smuglars den) there was nothing there, then after a few seconds POP appeared out of thin air, sounds like what I've been hearing about royal navies not being on the map where it says they should be.

I don't think I've even run into a normal convoy outside of having them marked by a bartender.

DCCentR
12-11-2013, 06:30 AM
I never found a single social event :eek:
Played 62 hours

jerubedo
12-11-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm also having this issue. I've been playing for 135 hours (PC version) since release date. Originally I came across 2 White Whales and 1 Social Chest in the first week of play, but after that nothing at all. I've never seen a Royal Convoy either. I'm at 100% sync with 97/100 Abstergo Challenges completed (2/3 White Whales, 1/3 Social Chests, and 0/3 Royal Convoys for the last 3). This is preventing me from getting my skeleton crew! Please either fix the issue or remove those three challenges from the requirement to get the skeleton crew!

KmarkoPL
12-11-2013, 06:45 PM
I just spoke with support and they told me that the issue with social events is been worked on .
When the fix for that will come , they did not told me .
So ,for the moment I put the game away , don't want to clear the map and later search empty spaces for social chest .

Roquen22
12-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Add me to the list of people with this problem as well. PS4 version, 50 hours sank in with just 1 White Whale ever seen. This is game breaking and the reason us customers despise online content in single player mode. What's worse is that a DLC was just released which means the developers are working on new content instead of fixing existing code. We should all boycott the DLC until the problems are fixed.

teal98aurora
12-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Guess I'll throw my hat in this ring. Received social events once going on two weeks ago and nothing since. Contacted support and the reply stated they could only help me with technical issues - is a broken feature not a technical issue? They also gave hints on how to find these events by stating you had to be "near" them to get them to trigger. My question is "how near is near?" I have had white whales practically fall on the deck of my ship without triggering an "event." The reply also stated that it is more difficult to run across these events playing on the single player servers. I paid 60 bucks for this game like everyone else and feel I should have the opportunity to complete it. I have done a grid search throughout the entire Caribbean finding nothing. This tells me the feature is sporadic at best and I am beginning to feel I am wasting my time.

smokin_mitch
12-13-2013, 05:40 AM
on release day I found a few chests, but due to having uplay cloud sync on I lost my save, after turning cloud sync off in uplay and starting a new game, I've only had 1 white whale and 1 royal convoy (both within a few hrs of each other) and that's it :(

Im now at 100% on everthing except

0/3 chests
1/3 whales
1/3 royal convoys
0/1 unlock all fleet locations (which I'm not far off this one)

UBISOFT fix the online events FFS, other than this its an awesome game

Anykeyer
12-13-2013, 06:15 AM
Stuff like this should never be included in 100% in the first place. Its single player, any online features must be optional.

smokin_mitch
12-13-2013, 06:29 AM
ok iv been sailing around for a few hours today and im sure iv found 2 royal convoys (the ships are painted white) yet they appear as normal convoys (white icon not blue)

one is located at 502,275

KvantuM_RU
12-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Stuff like this should never be included in 100% in the first place. Its single player, any online features must be optional.

I'm agreed. Nothin more too add

lsgnobody
12-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Well... Here's the big "I don't care" from Ubisoft support:

Matt12/12/2013 10:35:52 PM
We have reported the issue that you have encountered to the development team to investigate further. Please keep an eye on the Assassin's Creed (PC) forum at http://forums.ubi.com for the most up-to-date information regarding patch notes and patch release dates. Enjoy the day and enjoy more video games.

Anykeyer
12-13-2013, 03:44 PM
This I would consider a positive answer. Most of the time support just threats you as an idiot trying to get your dxdiag, making you reinstall game and other futile actions.

Uranus888
12-13-2013, 04:04 PM
On the other hand such answers say nothing, but what else than "we passed it to...", " the team is aware of...", "the issue is being looked into...", " the team is doing everything to fix..." can the support answer? :-)

Fact is that the issue IS already known and they are indeed already aware of it. If, at the end, it will be fixed or no, well this is a complete different story ;-)

For example, the new Multiplayer Event that started today....
Although the Event is already unlocked, I didn't find until now 1 single person that can play it (PC at least) because the game immediately crashes to desktop when the game tries to load the map. I assume that the reason is that they forgot to make the necessary maps available so the game crashes....

EDIT: The original MP Event has just been replaced by a different one. This one works :-)

Lokikron
12-13-2013, 05:27 PM

One possible solution I can imagine is making a patch where they just give everyone automatic credit for finding them (so those 3 are just auto completed on the abstergo challenge checklist on current saves and new games).

Seems the easiest way to fix the main problem (not getting 100%), if they can't fix the events actually showing up.

KvantuM_RU
12-13-2013, 07:44 PM
As i understand... "wi-fi" icon near minimap - connected with social events... and this "wi-fi" icon sometimes get gray... and then again white... and then you wont reconnect again... and then we've got no social events.... as i'm right? xD

lsgnobody
12-14-2013, 01:51 AM
One possible solution I can imagine is making a patch where they just give everyone automatic credit for finding them (so those 3 are just auto completed on the abstergo challenge checklist on current saves and new games).

Seems the easiest way to fix the main problem (not getting 100%), if they can't fix the events actually showing up.

+1 for that

gh0stw4lker
12-14-2013, 02:51 PM
I have played the single player mode for almost 50 hours so far and I couldn't find a single social chest. Apparently I shared a white whale location once, which I completely missed myself. I also did everything ship related (including a fleet of level 60 ships), but I have only found and shared 1 royal convoy until now.

These events should be much more frequent and they should be highlighted on the map (like the golden ULC chests). Instead of sharing a location, you should get credits for going there and participating in the event.

Frag_Maniac
12-14-2013, 02:58 PM
What are you whining about? You saw a White Whale THAT early on? I've played over 60 hrs and just saw my first one, and it's the ONLY blue event I've been able to partake in.

They said they were having trouble getting social events to work properly though, so a lot of people haven't even seen them yet. That said, my game is flooded with Royal Convoys anymore. Any time I'm out at open sea I just check the map and there's always one somewhere. I don't think those are actually social events though, they're not blue anyway, and I don't see a countdown timer with them like with White Whales.

gh0stw4lker
12-14-2013, 03:28 PM
What are you whining about? You saw a White Whale THAT early on? I've played over 60 hrs and just saw my first one, and it's the ONLY blue event I've been able to partake in.

They said they were having trouble getting social events to work properly though, so a lot of people haven't even seen them yet. That said, my game is flooded with Royal Convoys anymore. Any time I'm out at open sea I just check the map and there's always one somewhere. I don't think those are actually social events though, they're not blue anyway, and I don't see a countdown timer with them like with White Whales.
I don't know about you, but one social event within 50 hours isn't something anyone should be happy about. At this rate it is impossible to complete the related challenges.

The game was released almost a month ago. Most who bought it on day 1 should have finished the game by now. A lot of players didn't get to experience these social events during their playthrough. I don't expect many of them to return if it takes Ubi weeks/months to fix a technical problem. There are other games, people move on.

Royal convoys are considered social events, check Mr_Shade's reply on page 3.

x___Luffy___x
12-14-2013, 05:40 PM
played the game today after a few days and in about 45 min of gameplay i found 2 white whales and 1 social chest.
in about my 60 hour of gameplay i have 4 white whale, 2 social chests and 1 royal convoy now.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-14-2013, 06:59 PM
This is really disappointing. In 57 hours I've seen 2 or 3 social chests from the very start of the game, and no white whales. I'm just wrapping up the game now so I guess I missed out.

Junkstar
12-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Royal Convoy spotted currently at (795,438)

eyelsi
12-15-2013, 12:14 AM
I've played 40+ hours in the past 3 days. Didn't get a single notification whatsoever.
am I doing something wrong? or what?

How long do they expect me to play?
I literally got from 0% to 99% with 0 event notifications... can't reach 100 now. Gotta wait to share 3 chests, 3 whales, 3 convoys? man - what a game breaker...

I mean, I dont even know how the notifications pop now..
do I have to keep my eye on the monitor all the time?

or is there a way to check if I got a pop up?

I have about 10+ friends, is that not enough?

"oh its in the map" - well do I have to zoom in every city to check one by one for the treasure? or is it view-able from the most zoomed out map view?

Can someone help?

Originally I thought I would have to beat the game first like ac3 to put my own chest location. beat the game - nothing yet still.

Frag_Maniac
12-15-2013, 12:37 AM
I don't know about you, but one social event within 50 hours isn't something anyone should be happy about.

Usually when someone responds without quoting, they're addressing the OP, as was the case here.

So I've been playing AC IV for more than 10 hours and all I met was one white whale.

Seeing a White Whale after only 10 hours of play is almost unheard of.

That said, I agree that 50+ hrs with no social event, and esp none after an entire play through, is unacceptable. They need to fix this pronto. IMO social events are a far better game sharing element than Kenway's Fleet. I'm actually kinda getting bored with KF now that I have plenty of money and all upgrades except for non essentials.

eyelsi
12-15-2013, 03:20 PM
stilll nothing -
this thread needs to be always on the top of the forum.

I want to know what ubi is doing right now regarding this matter.

I can't find any post that said they're having server problems or trying to fix this problem

KmarkoPL
12-15-2013, 03:50 PM
stilll nothing -

I can't find any post that said they're having server problems or trying to fix this problem

I spoke with CS last week , and they told me the issue is been look in to .
Why there is no statement , they told me thee is no reason for that , cos they don't know why the social events are gone and don't want to give false hope .
They promised that there will be information when the issue will be fixed and coming with the patch .

KvantuM_RU
12-15-2013, 05:25 PM
stilll nothing -

I saw somewhere it already.
And i don't think ubisoft works in weekends =)

Frag_Maniac
12-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Well I just finished the campaign last night and in cruising around afterward I saw my first social event Royal Convoy, so apparently there are both white and blue Royal Convoys. Only probelm was when I got to it the icon was near another ship that was part of a white Royal Convoy, but the blue icon was not attached to any ship, just hovering there by itself. Is this what people mean by Royal Convoy icons being stuck on the map?

Jeez, fix this Ubi.

KmarkoPL
12-15-2013, 10:00 PM
You will get message that you detected social royal convoy same goes with social chests.

Syr.Jake
12-16-2013, 01:49 AM
After reaching 96% Sync, and just puttering around in game, I stopped getting/seeing any Social Events.

Started a new game 2 days ago.

Since I started the new game, I have seen 3 White Whales, 2 Royal Convoys, and 1 Social Chest.

I have less than 50 People on my friends list.

The biggest difference between 96% sync and a new game is that I have to spend the vast majority of my in game time on the water. Sailing around trying to open up the map.

If you are having an issue seeing the White Whales and Royal Convoys, try going back and re-running some of the earlier missions, like the Naval Contracts, etc. that force you to spend time on the water.

And don't rush. Spend time sailing to the locations, or take out other ships while you are cruising around on the water for the contract, etc.

eyelsi
12-16-2013, 01:49 AM
does the message stay on the screen? or if I was just online waiting for one to pop, how can I check?
using the shift+f2 section?

and also - reagarding the chest, is it viewable from the most zoomed out map? or will it be blocked by the location icon and we have to zoom in to see it?

I heard theres a timer to when the social event expires... where can I see the timer too?

Will the companion app let me know?

How many friends do I need to have?

I agree to someone who stated beforehand that this shouldn't have counted to the 100%...
its sooo bugging me. and to think they don't work on weekends even though its a game company who run online features.
its just funny....

eyelsi
12-16-2013, 01:52 AM
After reaching 96% Sync, and just puttering around in game, I stopped getting/seeing any Social Events.

Started a new game 2 days ago.

Since I started the new game, I have seen 3 White Whales, 2 Royal Convoys, and 1 Social Chest.

I have less than 50 People on my friends list.

The biggest difference between 96% sync and a new game is that I have to spend the vast majority of my in game time on the water. Sailing around trying to open up the map.

If you are having an issue seeing the White Whales and Royal Convoys, try going back and re-running some of the earlier missions, like the Naval Contracts, etc. that force you to spend time on the water.

And don't rush. Spend time sailing to the locations, or take out other ships while you are cruising around on the water for the contract, etc.

so what u're saying is that once you beat the game there's no more social events?
and that I should start a new game?

and that the one I have now is left 99% and can't do anything about it?

I did spend a lot of time, at water and at land.
without fast travelling, I have hunted more than 10 hunchback whales now. u srs?

KmarkoPL
12-16-2013, 02:39 AM
does the message stay on the screen? or if I was just online waiting for one to pop, how can I check?
using the shift+f2 section?

and also - reagarding the chest, is it viewable from the most zoomed out map? or will it be blocked by the location icon and we have to zoom in to see it?

I heard theres a timer to when the social event expires... where can I see the timer too?

Will the companion app let me know?

How many friends do I need to have?

I agree to someone who stated beforehand that this shouldn't have counted to the 100%...
its sooo bugging me. and to think they don't work on weekends even though its a game company who run online features.
its just funny....

The message just pops up just same way like you complete any abstergo Achievement .
About the social chests , I don't really know , for me it just message popped out when I was in close proximity and was showing on mini map .
The timer for Social Events is located on the big map , under the logo White Whale or Royal Convoy .
Companion APP , I think the White Whale and Royal Convoy will show up just like on big map.
To get Social events you don't need to have friends , I have 0 and have been getting the events until the patch 1.02 , from that time I got no events .

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-16-2013, 03:00 AM
I was just doing a story mission, I think it was sequence 10, and stumbled across a social chest right at the end. It allowed me to complete one of the Initiates missions, that was nice. Haven't seen anything since then. Good thing I left that mission activated on Initiates or I would have missed fulfilling it.

Frag_Maniac
12-16-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm not convinced there are no social events after completing the game, it could just be that they malfunction after the end of the campaign. Like I said, I got a blue Royal Convoy icon showing after completing the campaign, but it couldn't be interacted with because it was just hovering on the water with no ship attached to it.

And please, stop merely saying Royal Convoy, becasue there are both white ones and blue ones.

Anykeyer
12-16-2013, 07:38 AM
White convoys arent royal, they are just convoys. All royal convoys have blue minimap icon. In both cases its a white frigate and 2 scooners. The only difference is that royal convoy is max level frigate carying 10000 reales. Regular convoys carry 2000 or 5000 instead.

Frag_Maniac
12-16-2013, 12:26 PM
White convoys arent royal, they are just convoys. All royal convoys have blue minimap icon. In both cases its a white frigate and 2 scooners. The only difference is that royal convoy is max level frigate carying 10000 reales. Regular convoys carry 2000 or 5000 instead.

Then why would there be ships with the same exact royal navy logo always being escorted by at least two vessels shown in white? They both belong to the royal navy and technically they're both convoys. It's just another one of those things in the game that doesn't make much sense.

Anyways, still seeing that damn blue convoy icon floating in the same spot just north of Long Bay with no ship attached to it, and I'm sick of seeing it there. It's also the only place regular conoys show up now.

Fix this bugged POS Ubi!

Sky Descendant
12-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Hello. I'm another person experiencing issues on this matter.

In my initial playthrough, I encountered a white whale simply by chance, but by the time I had finished the game--committing approximately 40 hours of gameplay and completing/obtaining the majority of side objectives/collectible along the way--I had not witnessed any more social events. Adamant to unlock the 'Sharing is Caring' achievement [Xbox 360] I pressed on.

Now exceeding 60 hours of playtime, I finally managed to locate another white whale and even a royal convoy through discovery share.
Although I am making progress, playing solely to stumble upon a seemingly random and inconsistent online feature disheartens me, and wandering aimlessly for hours on end in order to fulfill said task couldn't be more monotonous. I personally feel a randomly generated factor shouldn't contribute to 100% completion. It serves little else than to mar an otherwise wonderful gaming experience I've had with the game.

smokin_mitch
12-16-2013, 09:35 PM

In my initial playthrough, I encountered a white whale simply by chance, but by the time I had finished the game--committing approximately 40 hours of gameplay and completing/obtaining the majority of side objectives/collectible along the way--I had not witnessed any more social events. Adamant to unlock the 'Sharing is Caring' achievement [Xbox 360] I pressed on.

Now exceeding 60 hours of playtime, I finally managed to locate another white whale and even a royal convoy through discovery share.
Although I am making progress, playing solely to stumble upon a seemingly random and inconsistent online feature disheartens me, and wandering aimlessly for hours on end in order to fulfill said task couldn't be more monotonous. I personally feel a randomly generated factor shouldn't contribute to 100% completion. It serves little else than to mar an otherwise wonderful gaming experience I've had with the game.

+1

iv completely finished this game bar those 3 challenges requiring me to find and share social chests/white whales/royal convoys, and I really want to unlock the last cheat (skeleton crew) and get the sharing is caring achievement

eyelsi
12-16-2013, 09:45 PM

hey see the thing is, you've at least encountered it once. lucky lucky lucky man.
I'm here sitting and wondering if anything's wrong with my game.... 50+ hours with nothing...

Uranus888
12-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Guys, I've started a new Topic at Initiates Forum where ppl can share their findings until Ubi fix this.

Feel free to contribute to the community: click me (https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/4352/page/1)

KmarkoPL
12-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Guys, I've started a new Topic at Initiates Forum where ppl can share their findings until Ubi fix this.

Feel free to contribute to the community: click me (https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/4352/page/1)

What is all the point of that blog ?
What I did read is just about normal Royal Convoys for witch you also get locations from pubs.
There is no point giving coordinates to some thing witch is not going to work and give you achievement .
Shared convoys give you more cash 5000 R - 10000 R
I need social chests and some people need White Whale and Royal Convoys , there is just none of them in the game since patch 1.02 , at least on PC for me
If you don't get , find , Shared Event witch is blue , you will not get achievement , simple !

Right now the Events are broken , and no one know when Ubisoft will fix that

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 01:24 AM
I propose we do bit of comparing to see if such things really are "randomly generated". I get the feeling Ubi may have slanted the odds of seeing so called "social events" toward those using the social aspects of the game more, such as participating in Kenways Fleet sharing and such.

I suggest we start listing how many social events have been witnessed and how much if any actual friending and sharing has been done in the game.

So please list...

1. Hours of play time
2. Whether you've completed the campaign
3. Number of times you've shared in Fleet or other activities
4. Number of times you've seen a white whale, social chest, royal convoy, etc.

Myself

1. 69 Hours
2. Complete
3. No sharing
4. 1 white whale

guidomista
12-17-2013, 01:46 AM
Ok, hi.
This is my personal experience of this issue.
I think it's related to a couple of things:

- number of friends on your list
- stucked event icon on map
- progress in game

I have 26 firends in my list. I deleted a lot. Since then I can see the name of the player who helps me in kenway's fleet.
I finished the game and i have a convoy blue icon stucked on map. Only a white whale to find...

I didn't think i can find social events anymore, so I tried something different....
I began another game.
When I reached the point in which you have a ship and a crew (around sequence 3), I found a blue convoy (actually I think a friend found it and share).
So I went back to my 100% sync game and, as I hoped, the convoy was on map.

Different games of the same user, share the same social events and kenway's fleet.

Unfortunatly when i beat it, in my other game appeared the convoy blue icon stucked... and since then: zero events. And still need the whale...

So, with a lot of pacience, I starded a third game, focusing only on my ship and sealing around.
And finally a message that says a friend found a whale!
I beat it and now I'm really 100% sync...
... but i'm still stucked in Iniciates mission that says "DISCOVER a scocial event...".
And this is where I am right now.

A friend of mine a couple days ago found a Social Convoy while I was in SP (in 100% sync game).
And no messages said nothing to me. Instead of sharing it automatically, as it should. So, here's a bug.
All alerts of social events in my games were about some friend discovery. Never mine.

So at this time I don't even know if I can ACTUALLY discover a social event in my game.
I'll stop sealing around, waiting for some Ubisoft answer...

I hope my experience and workarounds could help someone. If you're still sailing around for hours in a 100% sync map, stop it!
You have time, so begin another game. Remember that when you reach the point in which you can use the kenway's fleet (sequence 3), this is the same of your other game.
You can get a lot of money with it, if you need. Just remember to enter the fleet in the game in which you need money!

Ah! And of course, if you have to beat a whale and you find it this way, remember to go back to the other game and beat it with the stronger boat!

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 01:57 AM
Exactly what I was getting at guido, and my main point. Social events, much like Kenway's Fleet, are a gimmick to try and make the game itself "go viral". It might be all good if it actually worked properly, but when it gets to the point where Royal Convoy icons get stuck on the map with no ship attached to them, and you have to get help from friends to spot such "events" in what is primarily an SP CAMPAIGN, then it's a bit ridiculous.

It's just one more way Ubi is trying to manipulate their user base, and I for one hope it either goes away like their poorly received "Always On" DRM did, or is refined to be more polished and less slanted toward the social net trend. This is clearly not the kind of thing you just rush through and tack on without proper community play testing though, and it's looking like that's exactly what they did. They're seeing dollar signs more than design, and whenever that happens, the quality of execution suffers.

KmarkoPL
12-17-2013, 02:05 AM
I must try that , maybe that way I will find the last chest .
Speaking about friends , you don't need any and I have none , (it is some where in forum explained ) , I have been getting the same message like you that some friend shared they event .

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 02:47 AM
...you don't need any and I have none...I have been getting the same message like you that some friend shared they event .

Whether you call it having friends or not, if someone else spotting such events greatly increases your chances of encountering them, it's pretty much the same thing. If it didn't matter they would have made the sharing thing a mere optional leaderboard check, vs actually getting help finding such things. It makes it obvious like I said that they are trying to make the game more socially popular by it to sell more copies.

They probably envisioned getting free advertising by people tinkering with Kenway's Fleet or social event sharing on their cell phones while at parties, while both gamers and non games inquire what they're doing. "Oh, well it's just this thing Ubi cooked up to share your game experience in this pirate game they made." Problem is it's broken and skewed toward people addicted to cell phones and other mobile devices, which is what leaves a bad taste in my mouth about it.

It's kinda like the way Microsoft tried to push the Metro UI on on everyone in W8, and now they're finally making versions without it, but it will take some time before you can get them. Why is it the corporations with the most money are always the clueless ones? I'll tell you why, because they think more about their profits than what their customers want.

Kanharn
12-17-2013, 11:57 AM
I have had the chest, whale and convoy in the last 7 days. Chest came from a friend of mine, the other two I found.
The chest was in a smugglers cave.

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Are social events always visible on the map, or do you have to be within a certain range of them?

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 01:13 PM
they are broken
but u have to be in a range of the chests, as for the convoys them too, they just appear when u get close enough not like the white ones u can see miles away
whales leave the blue trail above them like the light so u can see those far away

eyelsi
12-18-2013, 01:40 AM
this post has gone down a bit.

I just wanted to let them know - I... STILL... haven't got one social event yet.

Frag_Maniac
12-18-2013, 01:45 AM
It can literally take an entire play through to see just one event, did for me. So if your just a "Padawan Pirate", be patient, because they're not only rare, Ubi have already admitted they're having problems with social events working properly.

One person here said they encountered one after only 10 hours of play, but that is pretty rare.

"YAAAR! May the farce be with ya matey!"

Sentry_Omega
12-18-2013, 01:53 AM
encountered about 6 socials in the first week,

and none after that for about of 60 hours gameplay, damn it this is so irritating,

still not able to complete all the challenges.

NEVER MAKE the SP achievement DEPENDENT on the MP portion!

Frag_Maniac
12-18-2013, 02:11 AM
This reminds me of how rare Legendary Weapons were in Dead Island. People were upping their skills to level 3 lock picking and other skills that increased your chances of better loot, and they still had a hard time finding any.

I mean crap if they're going to have special features like this, at least make it worthwhile to participate in.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Anyone played the game since today's patch? Maybe they fixed this, doubtful.

lsgnobody
12-18-2013, 10:33 PM
I played for a while. Been to the places people reported seeing white whales and treasure chests. Couldn't find a thing.

gh0stw4lker
12-19-2013, 12:05 AM
In the past few days none of the PC events reported on acinitiates.com worked for me.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 06:15 AM
If it makes you all feel better, I've played a total of 60 hours, completed the game on 100% story and side activities.

I have gotten a total of 5 social events 4 of which were all discovered during missions which are as follows.

1 chest
1 Royal Convoy
3 white whales.

Again those 5 events happened in over 60 hours of game play and 4 of which happened during missions.

eyelsi
12-19-2013, 08:56 AM
If it makes you all feel better, I've played a total of 60 hours, completed the game on 100% story and side activities.

I have gotten a total of 5 social events 4 of which were all discovered during missions which are as follows.

1 chest
1 Royal Convoy
3 white whales.

Again those 5 events happened in over 60 hours of game play and 4 of which happened during missions.

might i ask when that is?

I've free roamed my original save for more than 5+ hours now after I beat the game.
also I've reached sequence 3 or 4 for my second save file just to test a theory... still no social events.
0 total since the start of the game.

lsgnobody
12-19-2013, 01:59 PM
I just got this from support:

Matt12/18/2013 9:31:24 PM
We have been informed that the social events should be working again. There was an issue where they were showing up far too frequently and are now much more rare as was intended. Let us know if you do not see one after playing for a few days. Thank you

KmarkoPL
12-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Well , last evening I been playing and all of sudden White Whale event popped up . will see how often they will show up .

Eagle017
12-19-2013, 02:14 PM
I just got this from support:

I can confirm this. During the last 3 days I found 2 Convoys and 1 chest. They appear more rarely now but they are definitly back. And I think that's a good change because at the release they were so frequent you could hunt a bunch of them down in about an hour even if no firend shares one. So, let the hunt continue!

KvantuM_RU
12-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Horray!

smokin_mitch
12-20-2013, 01:45 AM
still no social events showing up for me spent hours aimlessly sailing around the ocean, found several convoys but no royal convoys or white whales, this is bulls*it I cant finish the last 3 challenges, cant unlock skeleton crew or get the sharing is caring achievement because the social events don't appear at all for me

KmarkoPL
12-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Same , yesterday got only White Whale event and today nothing , played 6 hours finished main story and not even one event !!

LilithBarrows
12-21-2013, 01:36 AM
I've been playing for about 10 or so hours just today, and I haven't seen any sort of social event yet, even looked in almost all of the places they show up in.I am playing this on PS4

kg4k
12-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Hey we are playing assasins creed 4 for charity. Our gameplay sucks. We need help. Go to KG4K.org and laugh at our awesome failures. And you can even win prizes for donations. All money goes to childs play for childrens hospitals. Check us out and help. Kg4k.org

NeoRyuu777
12-21-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm having similar problems. I found enough royal convoys easily enough, but until about three days ago I had never found anything else... after several days of gaming, and completing every other part of the game. Legendaries are done. Main storyline is done. Every other Abstergo achievement is completed, including unlocking every fleet location - which can take several days.

I only managed to find two white whales with extreme luck and persistence, doing nothing but sail for several hours. I don't even care about finishing the abstergo achievements, I just want my Sharing is caring achievement. So I need one social chest. I've been sailing for several hours again with naught to show for it. I don't know if it's because I have two phantom royal convoy markers or what, but I haven't had any social events for two and a half days now. If I don't do this it's going to bug me while I'm playing the DLC or Multiplayer. Help?

smokin_mitch
12-21-2013, 12:08 PM
ok iv finished Aveline 100% and Freedom Cry 100%, now all I got left is these last 3 challenges and sharing is caring achievement and that requires me to find sh*t that's not in my game???

I need 3 social chests, 2 royal convoys and 2 white whales that never appear......... when will this be fixed???

lon_wolf917
12-21-2013, 09:32 PM
I still have yet to see any other social events in the game and I have almost finished it entirely. Have one white whale. Would really like to finish abstergo challenges. Why put community challenges into a single player game without co-op abilities? Ubisoft missed the mark on that one. Save the community stuff for multiplayer. Irritated.

Netloc08
12-22-2013, 06:42 AM
i've had the game beaten for about a month now and i havent seen a social event since. what worries me is the 2 royal convoy(blue) icons frozen on my map with no timers. they've been there for almost three weeks and support told me squat. if anyone knows a fix for this please point me in the right direction. thx

D.JELONEK
12-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Well I don't know about you people on here, but I'm done.... I'm not done meaning I finished the game 100%, I'm done buying Ubisoft half finished/ not working trash. It's bad enough to require me to connect to you servers to finish a game till 100%, worse yet that I've seen many, many, many forums on the web with people having these exact issues, and no fix. Then, insult to injury.... I gut this email when I ask about the sound problems(cuts off on some missions and returns after), and the social stuff.
I sincerely apologizefor the delayed response. We have been extremely busy as of late and areworking to answer all of the support cases that are coming in.

Please change the settings on your 360 for sound output to see if this fixesyour problem.

-Start the Xbox 360 console without a disc in the disc tray.
-Go to Settings and select System.
-Select Console Settings, and then select Audio.
-Select Digital Output, and then select the digital output used by your audiosystem:

Choose Digital Stereo.

NOTE: The game is not supported with all sound systems, if you are usingsurround sound please try connecting directly to your TV and use the TV'sspeakers to see if this remedies your sound issues.

If the problem persists, please try the following:

Please delete the game title update data from your hard-drive.

1) On the Xbox 360 Dashboard, go toSettings>System>Storage>Hard-Drive>Games and Apps>Assassin'sCreed 4.
2) Select the Game Title Update and Delete.
3) If you installed the game to your hard-drive, Delete Disc 1 and Disc 2installs from your hard-drive.
4) Go back to the Home tab on 360 Dashboard and press the X button on thesquare that says "Play Assassin's Creed 4" to bring up the GameDetails.
5) Choose the Install option to install the game's disc data to yourhard-drive.
6) Re-download and install any DLC you had previously installed.
7) Launch the game and it should prompt you to download and install the gametitle update again.

The Community Events icons are updated live, and if there is any serverdegradations or connection issues that happen while playing, the icons mightnot refresh themselves correctly. Typically, closing out of the game andreloading it will allow them to reset, or when the timer on them resets theicons will be reset as well. However, there are certain situations where theseicons will constantly be displayed. The development team is currentlyinvestigating the cause and will hopefully have it fixed soon if it is a serverside issue, or will try to roll a fix into an upcoming title update if it needsto be fixed in the game itself.
I for one and not going to hold my breath.... Gamestop offers more when the game is new than older, so I'm cutting my losses and cutting ubisoft lose. I'll watch the story about the "precursor race" ON Youtube and save money for good games that work. Uplay.... you got my email if you fix this before the 26th!

gh0stw4lker
12-22-2013, 03:21 PM
I've been checking the reported events on acinitiates.com daily. It's still broken, none of them worked for me. Are these global events?

Current PC events according to acinitiates.com:
- whale 419/44 (4h left)
- chest 495/675 (?? left, reported 1 hour ago)
- convoy 791/475 (?? left, reported 1 hour ago)

lsgnobody
12-22-2013, 04:33 PM
So, I was playing Freedom Cry today and suddenly I got a notification that 2 of my friends found a Royal Convoy and a White Whale.
YAY!
Well, I got back to the main game and.... they're not there. There are even notification at the Compannion App that point me to a blank place with no blue icons in it. I went there, obviously there's nothing.

So, still broken.
Re-openning ticket now.

guidomista
12-22-2013, 04:58 PM
It's just a workaround i wrote in a previous post in this thread (12-17-2013, 12:46), but...
I think the problem is also related with progress in game.
I never found a single event (shared or discovered) when i sail in 100% sync map.
I don't actually know if it's for having the game 100%, or for that blue convoy icon stuck....
But I had to start another game. When you find (or a friend find) an event, AND YOU CAN SEE IT ON MAP, then go back to your 100% sync game and you will find it on map.

Last post I described how I can share, but never discover. I needed it for a challenge in Iniciates (DISCOVER a social event).
Then something strange appened...
A friend tell me in chat he found a social whale (this is also strange: if a friend find it, it should be shared automatically).
Then, just for fun, I went to that (on my no-100% game), found it, no messages alerted me.... And then go back to my 100% sync and beat it.
The only message ingame was that I beat it. Not discovery, neither sharing.
But magically my mission on initiates (that I've leave open) checked "dicovery" as done!

I don't know which problem you have with social events, but try to start another game.
Every game of the same player share social stuff (like kenways fleet).
Unfortunately you have to reach at least sequence 3 for sealing with crew and fleet....

I hope it helps

bye

Eagle017
12-22-2013, 11:58 PM
I've been checking the reported events on acinitiates.com daily. It's still broken, none of them worked for me. Are these global events?

Current PC events according to acinitiates.com:
- whale 419/44 (4h left)
- chest 495/675 (?? left, reported 1 hour ago)
- convoy 791/475 (?? left, reported 1 hour ago)

Hey gh0stw4lker, from which discussion on the Initiates-Forums did you get those? I think that would be an awesome idea if it works globally! Everybody could post the location and remaining time of an event as soon as it's found

Reciever80
12-23-2013, 03:40 AM
Whoa, definitely want the link to the 'current PC events page'.

gh0stw4lker
12-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Hey gh0stw4lker, from which discussion on the Initiates-Forums did you get those? I think that would be an awesome idea if it works globally! Everybody could post the location and remaining time of an event as soon as it's found

Link (https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/2179/page/25)

Eagle017
12-23-2013, 12:15 PM
That's awesome mate, thanks!

KACPER983PL
12-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Last social event i've seen at least a month ago... I'm getting more and more frustrated. :mad:

stanik666
12-23-2013, 02:21 PM
@KACPER983PL Not only you !!!! And besides.... Database 98%?!?

tihamir
12-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Hmmm... just found a white whale with my 100% sync profile. I think the problem with social events is not that they don't work but the problem is that they are extremely rare.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Hmmm... just found a white whale with my 100% sync profile. I think the problem with social events is not that they don't work but the problem is that they are extremely rare.

This is correct, the social events aren't supposed to be popping up left and right. They're supposed to be this way and UBISOFT did this on purpose so people can't piss thrugh the game and then complain there is nothing left to do.

The real problem is that people aren't getting this how they want, and like always when things don't agree with the general public gaming community, people start up with the crap about how the game shouldn't be doing that and it's broken.

If social events were really broken, NO ONE would have ANY at all.

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 12:06 AM
well in over 100hrs gameplay iv found 1 whale and 1 convoy and no chests (both were very early on in the game on v1.01), and now im 100% complete except for those last 3 challenges, I've started a second play through which iv just got my ship so hopefully I can find 3 of each this time before I finish the game as its boring as **** sailing around aimlessly just trying to find white whales or royal convoys, and im yet to even see a social chest.....

they shouldn't be that rare that in 100+ hrs playing you see 2 god dam events???

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 12:21 AM
they shouldn't be that rare that in 100+ hrs playing you see 2 god dam events???
So you dislike the way they programed this. I think it's programmed perfectly and I'm glad it's pissing gamers off. Gamers need to learn to quit pissing through games. That's my stand on this.

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 12:35 AM
So you dislike the way they programed this. I think it's programmed perfectly and I'm glad it's pissing gamers off. Gamers need to learn to quit pissing through games. That's my stand on this.

I wouldn't mind if the actual game actually had hundreds of hrs worth of missions/content to keep me playing and in doing so the social events appeared while playing for hundreds of hrs but the game barely has enough content to last 100hrs so they should set the social events to appear more often so that by the time an average gamer finishes the game they get enough social events to complete the challenges it makes sense that way.....

and what do you mean exactly by "Gamers need to learn to quit pissing through games"?

tihamir
12-25-2013, 12:37 AM
This is a smart move by Ubisoft - to make social events rare so people would play AC4 more.

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 12:41 AM
This is a smart move by Ubisoft - to make social events rare so people would play AC4 more.

I suppose it is, but I'm on my second play through and I still have my doubts that its fixed and they are just saying its rare when really its extinct/broken still.... as I haven't seen a social event since a few days after the games release and on v1.01

time will tell I guess as I progress further into my second play through

guidomista
12-25-2013, 01:25 AM
If social events were really broken, NO ONE would have ANY at all.

mmmhh... no it's false.
Social events are full of bugs reported from console and pc users.
I don't want to list them all here again, but the fact that not everybody has experienced bugs, or has experienced different bugs, doesn't prove social events are not broken.
They are broken. People has to be quiet, but social events are full of bugs.

bye

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 01:43 AM
mmmhh... no it's false.
I don't want to list them all here again, but the fact that not everybody has experienced bugs, or has experienced different bugs, doesn't prove social events are not broken.

bye

yep that guy questions2ask loves to spread misinformation it seems either that or he has no clue what his talking about

and id say its the latter

LOL

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 01:46 AM
No one on this forum knows what the work broken means, because you have all tried changing the definition to fit how you want it to just to argue.

Look here wtf is wrong with you clowns:

BROKEN MEANS IT DOES NOT WORK, and something that does not work WILL NOT WORK FOR ANYONE something cannot be broken and work for some people.

Dictionary definition of broken:
broken

verb
1. past participle of break.

adjective
2. reduced to fragments; fragmented.
3. ruptured; torn; fractured.
4. not functioning properly; out of working order.
5. Meteorology . (of sky cover) being more than half, but not totally, covered by clouds. Compare scattered ( def 4 ) .
6. changing direction abruptly: The fox ran in a broken line.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 01:51 AM
mmmhh... no it's false.

bye
Only reason people are crying social events are bugged, is because they are too ****ing lazy to take the time and look for them. Also something bugged would have an official statement and there isn't one. Just because they're rare doesn't make them bugged. A bunch of people crying about something or making reports doesn't constitute facts all that means is they're all a bunch of whiners that try to slam anyone who calls them out on this.

Either produce an official statement where UBISFOT says yes there is a problem with them, or just shut the hell up, all of you.

Frag_Maniac
12-25-2013, 06:56 AM
yep that guy questions2ask loves to spread misinformation it seems either that or he has no clue what his talking about

and id say its the latter

LOL

He's like those infants that like to scream just to hear their voice. It's actually uglier when adults do it because by then they've got themselves thinking it's not just a verbal exercise, but a right to annoy people, and trust me, legal issues are not his forte.

Just the fact that Ubi, shortly after launch mind you, admitted social events weren't working properly, and that numerous people have reported Royal Convoy icons hanging stuck on the map by themselves with no convoy, makes it rather obvious social events are in fact buggy.

I was in the process of taking screen shots and videos of stuck Royal Convoy icons to prove such, but there were so many people reporting it I didn't bother showing them, and I'm not about to do it all over again after deleting them just to prove it to this moron.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Only reason people are crying social events are bugged, is because they are too ****ing lazy to take the time and look for them. Also something bugged would have an official statement and there isn't one. Just because they're rare doesn't make them bugged. A bunch of people crying about something or making reports doesn't constitute facts all that means is they're all a bunch of whiners that try to slam anyone who calls them out on this.

Either produce an official statement where UBISFOT says yes there is a problem with them, or just shut the hell up, all of you.

There is an official statement. Support said it's a known issue and it's being worked on.

Don't tell these people they're too "effing" lazy to look for them when many have said they have spent 50+ hours in the game and didn't find a single one.

You must be a sad, lonely person. it's evident in your videos with your angry lisp. Try to soften up a bit son, it's Christmas.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 07:10 AM
There is an official statement. Support said it's a known issue and it's being worked on.

The only fact here is that no one has produced an official statement from UBIDOFT themselves on an official source saying there is something wrong.

Frag_Maniac
12-25-2013, 07:19 AM
You must be a sad, lonely person. it's evident in your videos with your angry lisp. Try to soften up a bit son, it's Christmas.

I got a holly jolly feeling just reading that. LOL

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 07:30 AM
The only fact here is that no one has produced an official statement from UBIDOFT themselves on an official source saying there is something wrong.

I guess the Ubisoft in "Ubisoft Support" doesn't count though.

Wait, let me guess. You need a compass to point that out.

And Frag, you have a Merry Christmas or enjoy whatever holiday you celebrate, mate. :)

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 08:09 AM
I guess the Ubisoft in "Ubisoft Support" doesn't count though.

Wait, let me guess. You need a compass to point that out.

And Frag, you have a Merry Christmas or enjoy whatever holiday you celebrate, mate. :)

You keep spewing fourth statements you never prove.

You keep saying UBISOFT says this, ok quit talking and produce the information. It's that simple.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 08:22 AM
I already did. I told you what they said.

Want me to notarize it too?

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 08:27 AM

Want me to notarize it too?
No, you only told me what YOU said, you are also not an official source and You haven't provided any official sources.

I have yet to see you back up anything you've posted here on the forum. Not one thing.

Well I'm off to bed now. Try producing official information

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 08:30 AM
No, you only told me what YOU said, you are also not an official source and You haven't provided any official sources.

I have yet to see you back up anything you've posted here on the forum. Not one thing.

Go read the lost saved games thread. About Steam Cloud?

And then put your foot in your mouth, and leave it there.

Because the same can be said for you, kiddo.

Frag_Maniac
12-25-2013, 12:02 PM

Oh it's going swimmingly on my end. I have horrible luck for the most part but I actually got my copy of AC IV Gold Ed Steam by winning a giveaway a mod sponsored on another forum whom wanted people to write poems for him before he went under the knife a second time for cancer. I thought sure one of the others had me beat, but he said he got a good laugh out of my poem. I didn't even enter to win, just felt sad for him. So far they say his recovery is going well, so hopefully it's gone for good. Every time someone has cancer surgery it's usually pretty traumatic.

Anyways, I generally stick with "Happy Holidays" to be non denominational as far as greetings and salutations this time of year. I mean if you're going to celebrate a holiday that represents peace, good will, sharing and caring, it might as well be all inclusive. I'm OK with just about any beliefs, as long as it doesn't include lore. I have an aversion to trolls (hint hint).

Happy Holidays mateys, and try and have fun despite all the drivel from the usual suspects.

Lokikron
12-25-2013, 06:28 PM
So for an update, my friend finds a royal convoy with 10k reales on it, I go to the exact same location...

and find a NORMAL convoy with 2k reales on it.

Thanks game.

medavroog
12-25-2013, 07:15 PM

... so, in your personal judgement ... will UbiSoft "actually fix" this problem at all?
... stare at three "blue royal convoy" icons with absolutely no convoys at the locations is *censored*.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Been taking a break from the game recently. This still hasn't been fixed? Unbelievable.

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Go read the lost saved games thread. About Steam Cloud?

And then put your foot in your mouth, and leave it there.

Because the same can be said for you, kiddo.

Steam isn't UBISOFT and not an official source for UBISOFT problems. You really have no clue about how Steam and UBISOFT are separate. Steam issues do not affect UPLAY versions if you have a problem with a Steam game then it's a Steam problem. Offical Steam comments hare irrelevant to this because you're saying this is an UBISOFT issue and it's not. Which explains why I'm still waiting for you to produce an official UBISOFT statement that has them saying there is an issue. But instead all you try to say is go read Steam problems.

Anykeyer
12-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Can we have discussion about social events and possible solutions here instead of pointless arguments with that moron above?
Please just report him for flaming and ignore.

YazX_
12-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Can we have discussion about social events and possible solutions here instead of pointless arguments with that moron above?
Please just report him for flaming and ignore.

indeed. every thread is turned into arguments because of the anti-steam guy!

tihamir
12-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Guys, but Questions2ask is right - social events work fine. You just either unlucky or not trying hard.

AmaZim2
12-26-2013, 06:06 PM
I found a "social chest" on an island with 1000 R...is that it ?? :)

Anykeyer
12-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Guys, but Questions2ask is right - social events work fine. You just either unlucky or not trying hard.

They do work for me, yes. Randomly. Sometimes I can find 4 in a few minutes. Sometimes it takes days to discover one. I would not call it entirelly fixed but its better than nothing.
One of the key things to do is to reduce your friends list to 50 or less. There is a lot of bugs associated with that magic number.
Then you can try to forward ports on your router (full list is somewhere on ubi support site).

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 07:11 PM

That's ridiculous. They may work fine "now" but for several weeks they did not.

You can't tell someone who has 100%'d the game that they're "not trying hard enough" when they've been playing for 40 hours plus.

tihamir
12-26-2013, 07:31 PM
That's ridiculous. They may work fine "now" but for several weeks they did not.

You can't tell someone who has 100%'d the game that they're "not trying hard enough" when they've been playing for 40 hours plus.

Well, I only found my first social chest after I played 120 hours.

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Well, I only found my first social chest after I played 120 hours.

Right, again because they weren't working until recently. The time that you took before hand in those 119 hours they weren't working.

When AC4 first came out, I rented it on 360 and I had Social Events left and right. For the past few weeks, they've been "broken" but apparently are now "working" again.

policewoman1432
12-30-2013, 12:12 AM
My online sharing is still not working. No white whales, no naval convoys from friends...frustrating. I even get notifications that I DISCOVERED a white whale and to look for the blue icon for the white whale on my map but it's nowhere to be found. I'm connected to the UBI servers--constantly playing the game but I get nothing from "friends" and I have 90 of them. Has UBI issued ANY official statement yet to this major problem...if so, I haven't seen it.

Frag_Maniac
12-30-2013, 04:49 AM
Define "working" and "trying harder", because it seems to me if after 120 hrs, which is two whole play throughs, you only found ONE social chest, clearly that's a scenario where many might give up trying to even just have one of each type of social event by the time they're bored playing the game anymore. Does not pacing mean anything to you? It has a lot to do with immersion, and I don't call it immersion if searching endlessly for social events to no avail becomes such a grind you lose interest in it.

I also question whether social events as a whole even "work" yet, esp when most still only talk about white whales they've found.

Nwardezir
01-01-2014, 02:01 PM
No. Social events are broken on PS4. Even if you do the unlink/link again thing with UPlay before every gaming session.
Ubi Support confirmed it to me by email. Only solution is : wait for a patch.

Digital-Suicide
01-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Had The Game Since 21st December! ONLY One Social Event = White Whale.

luv10man
01-01-2014, 05:42 PM
It's ridiculous. I had 360 version and got 100% with a good amount of chests, convoys, and white whales popping up, I started second game and only found 1 of each in over 40 hours of play. Now I have the XBone & traded 360 AC4 for the new gen one...found 1 of each social items within the first few hours of getting my ship, now I have been sailing around defeating everything in site for 47 hours and not another social item is anywhere to be found. I am OCD about getting full 100% and this is pissing me off like crazy!!! Something definitely has gone wrong or been changed for the worse on spawning frequency. Why has there been no mediator reply or check into this BS?

II_RICHIE_II
01-02-2014, 05:31 AM
No. Social events are broken on PS4. Even if you do the unlink/link again thing with UPlay before every gaming session.
Ubi Support confirmed it to me by email. Only solution is : wait for a patch.

That sounds about right. I'm on PS4 and have played about 50 hours in total and have not seen one single social event so far. Nothing.. I did find one golden chest box but I did not know what it was. The social events should be blue to my understanding.

TheMaddog4000
01-02-2014, 09:55 AM
So I was playing today on PS4, never seen any social events in game after ~60 hours, and this royal convoy literally spawns infront of me out of no where. After that I have not seen any other. I have heard that if you have people as friends on Uplay then it will increase your chances. My Uplay name is the same one I am using to post this if you would like to add me.

Nwardezir
01-02-2014, 11:19 AM
I have heard that if you have people as friends on Uplay then it will increase your chances.
It's not, trust me.

My situation :
* at least 30 friend playing AC4 (but still less than 100), sometime even some at the exact same time, and we are using PS4 chat to coordonate
* did the unlink/link-again UPlay trick countless time
* did the Solo/Multi switch trick countless time
* Uplay connection is fine
* PSN connection is fine
* even the iPad App. connection is fine

... and I'm reaching 90 hours total play time with at least half of it spent on seeking that last Royal Convoy I miss.

I got 3 white whales + 3 social chest + 2 royal convoys on the first couple of days on PS4 release date, around 30ish November.

Since these days ... NOTHING.

StevieBee1981
01-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Are these social events viral, so that if for example I find a convoy or a chest (not that i've found any damn chests!) and it shares with my friends, these firiends then can find the events and share them with their friends etc?

guidomista
01-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Hi,
again, for whom wants to try everything, and is just floating around with no results, until Ubisfoft will do something about social events,
and for whom miss it before, I report my workaround again:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/819690-Social-Events-workaround-that-could-help-someone

I hope it helps

bye

StevieBee1981
01-02-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm keen to give anything a go!

StevieBee1981
01-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Well I started a new game, got to Memory 3 when you get the ship. Sailed round a bit and rediscovered all the locations and didn't come across any chests, whales or convoys so it may have worked for you but hasn't here. It's frustrating and the sharing is caring trophy is the only one stopping me from Platinuming this game. Ah well

guidomista
01-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Well I started a new game, got to Memory 3 when you get the ship. Sailed round a bit and rediscovered all the locations and didn't come across any chests, whales or convoys so it may have worked for you but hasn't here. It's frustrating and the sharing is caring trophy is the only one stopping me from Platinuming this game. Ah well

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. It helped me and another player. Though after a while, no more events appeared to me. In nome of my 3 games.
One important think is that in your new games you don't have stuck icon, like convoy. I think it is one of the things prevent you to find more social events...

Even if i finished the game 100% sync, and done all abstergo challenges, i miss some object related with social events, like Aquila's figurehead. And i like to complete it all...
I'm sorry if you try this workaround and it doesn't work. Anyway it could be a chance...

bye

AnthonyA85
01-02-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm on the PC version, and i've been playing it for about a week now, just reached sequence 6 i think (just got the diving bell), i've spent most of my time playing just free-roaming and plundering :P got the Jackdaw almost fully upgraded 'cept for elite plans. I've got enough loot and cash to buy at least two.

So far, i've found two white wales, which i've harpooned, (those Elite Harpoons are a godsend), and one Royal Convoy (which in stumbled across wile tracking a regular convoy), got 13000 or so out of those two, but have yet to find any blue chests, i think one pops up during a tailing mission, but i''m not sure which.

StevieBee1981
01-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Yeh I have stuck icons on my 100% game save but they do not appear on the new game file. Thanks for the help anyways!

guidomista
01-02-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm on the PC version, and i've been playing it for about a week now, just reached sequence 6 i think (just got the diving bell), i've spent most of my time playing just free-roaming and plundering :P got the Jackdaw almost fully upgraded 'cept for elite plans. I've got enough loot and cash to buy at least two.

So far, i've found two white wales, which i've harpooned, (those Elite Harpoons are a godsend), and one Royal Convoy (which in stumbled across wile tracking a regular convoy), got 13000 or so out of those two, but have yet to find any blue chests, i think one pops up during a tailing mission, but i''m not sure which.

Yes, i just found a white whale in the only game i have without stuck icons (458,831. It expires in 9 hours).
I was sealing around for a lot of time finding nothing in past days.
Today i did a few story missions more, and then i found it.
Just after the mission of the the naval blockade in Nassau.
I thing that doing the story line again increase the possibility of finding some social events.
I think you first find Convoy, then Whale and then treasures...

bye

ShootRawGuy
01-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Yes, i just found a white whale in the only game i have without stuck icons (458,831. It expires in 9 hours).
I was sealing around for a lot of time finding nothing in past days.
Today i did a few story missions more, and then i found it.
Just after the mission of the the naval blockade in Nassau.
I thing that doing the story line again increase the possibility of finding some social events.
I think you first find Convoy, then Whale and then treasures...

bye

I hope this is not the truth, because I have completed the story. I'm only sailing around and raiding ships and collecting stuff.
I would also help other players fleet. Feel free to add me: toufoto

Mr_Shade
01-03-2014, 12:44 PM
I have highlighted the confusion over Social Events - it seems there are some very mixed messages and ideas around them - So I am attempting to get to the bottom of it.

L_Alejo
01-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Well, I've been playing for about 10 days or so, already reached 100% synch in everything, only missing those Abstergo Challenges for the social events, which, to this day, have only appeared 3 times, one of each, and the royal convoy got stucked on my map, also, I found all of them on the same day, to be more precise, yesterday, they all spawned relatively soon, but that's about everything I've been able to see about these social events.

I'm also wondering, what's up with the community challenges? are they ever coming up again?

Draco.exe
01-03-2014, 11:23 PM
A "little gift" for everyone here, this is a map with many event locations (don't know if the location works with every platform)
http://imageshack.com/a/img31/4667/v6jl.jpg
Thread with other maps: https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/4978/page/1

Feel free to add me (PC)
Eragon2589

good luck and happy hunting!

JudgeChucky
01-04-2014, 12:23 AM
Hey Guys,

New to these parts, I seem to have a bug where I can see a 'Royal Convoy' event on my map, but when I go to the location there is nothing there, nor does the icon ever go away (ie been over 24 hours so far).....How do I fix it as it seems to be preventing more Royal Convoys from spawning?

Six_Gun
01-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Hey Guys,

New to these parts, I seem to have a bug where I can see a 'Royal Convoy' event on my map, but when I go to the location there is nothing there, nor does the icon ever go away (ie been over 24 hours so far).....How do I fix it as it seems to be preventing more Royal Convoys from spawning?

Common bug that happens to most of us. Ubi acknowledged social events aren't working properly some time ago, but they've yet to produce any fix, or keep us up to date on any progress, or even mention whether they're trying to fix it at all.

Frag_Maniac

JudgeChucky
01-04-2014, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the reply :)

So there is nothing at all I (we) can do about it?

guidomista
01-04-2014, 01:29 AM

Hi,
if you want to try, there is my workaround...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/819690-Social-Events-workaround-that-could-help-someone

It's not a solution. It's a workaround. It helped at least me and another player, but I still have problems with social events.
There are players for whom it didn't work.
So, you basically have 3 choices: go on floating around; try this workaround; wait for ubisoft to fix it.

(someone gonna start to hate me in this thread... it's like the sixth time I report it!)

bye

jerubedo
01-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the reply :)

We should contact magazines, media, Better Business Bureau, Online editors and writers, etc. This is a game breaking bug and it is so obvious they aren't doing anything about it. They are just developing more DLC to make more money. The only thing these people understand is bottom line numbers, so if we generate enough bad press and publicity to make their stock price drop a few points I can guarantee we'll have a fix the next day.

Eagle_023
01-05-2014, 11:05 AM
I don't have social events, too. Hope developers know about this issue and will fix it soon.

BossBast1
01-05-2014, 04:50 PM
I am 100% synch and nothing ever appear - before it appear sometimes, but now nothing. And the worst thing is that my uplay friend found chest and convoy while I was playing and share it, but nothing appeared in my game, crap :(

Wine7
01-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm in the same position: I've been playing for 48 hours, finished the game, collected everything, only missin 100% synch with story missions, but I've NEVER encountered a community/social event, and I've always been online. I sometimes receive messages like "you are in the position XXXXX of the richest pirates", but never an event like whales, convoys or chests.

Gezesh_Rahl
01-07-2014, 11:35 PM
A month and half has passed and there is still no solution or fix from Ubisoft. Are you even trying?

YazX_
01-08-2014, 12:20 AM
mmmmm still same issue with no fixes and updates.

Eagle_023
01-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I downloaded small update today, and now I have social events working! My problem has been solved.

antchewy
01-08-2014, 07:22 PM
What system you playing on PS4. PC? As i've had no update on PS4 as yet

NATHANnpc808
01-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Can not wait to have this little update on ps4...COME ON UBISOFT SOLVE THIS CRAP.
I WASTED TO MUCH TIME ON THIS CHEAP CRAP, AND I DO NOT WANT IT TO BE IN VAIN.

Anykeyer
01-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Today's small update was just Illustrious Pirates compatibility file, It didnt change executables or any existing game data.

Recon_plz
01-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Whenever I spoke with Ubisoft support yesterday they explained that even though they made the events more rare that I still should have seen a couple when I told them that I had over 50 hours played. They then explained that the problem might be that they just aren't showing up at all on the new consoles after the spawn update, and they said that it will be brought to the dev team's attention when their vacation ends near the end of the month and to keep your eyes out for an update. So, what I have to say is that I will be taking a hiatus from AC4 until this update comes out.

YazX_
01-09-2014, 12:06 AM
FINALLY I found a white whale, Oh, wait a second, shouldnt it be on surface :S , this thing went underwater after the update!!

http://s26.postimg.org/74rlit9vt/Assassin_s_Creed_IV_Black_Flag_2014_1_8_23_46_0.jp g

lsgnobody
01-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Any news on this?
Support keeps telling me to check the forums for updates but somehow :nonchalance: i don't think there will be any.

FuzzyLynx
01-10-2014, 02:35 AM
Ubisoft support gave me the same **** answer. I have been given nothing except canned responses, such as:

"When the game first launched, there was a bug where the social events (white whales, royal convoys, and social treasures) spawned all at once. Meaning, each location where a white whale COULD be, it would be. This is the same for convoys and social chests. This bug was fixed in TU2, so now they’re only spawning in certain locations instead of all of them. Since it’s now been reduced from all possible locations to only the few locations until the timer resets, it’s much harder to find them because there are only so many at any one time. They are working as intended, but it is far more difficult than it had been at one point to complete."

- and ...

"I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for reporting this issue. I will be forwarding this issue up to the development team for further review. That is all I can do at this time, as we have no further information. If any additional information becomes available, it will be detailed on the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com)."

That is literally everything they will tell me. Not that they are fixing it, not even that it's broken - in fact they're insisting that it's working as intended. I have over 100 hours played and I've seen ZERO white whales and ZERO social convoys. What the flying hell, Ubisoft.

Eagle_023
01-10-2014, 11:28 AM
I said I had an small update that solved my problem but I was wrong.
Now I have to download this update every time I run the game but at the time when it appeared first time social events started working for the short period of time. I started the game and saw message that my friend discovered social event. I also had white whale and royal convoy locations on my map. That was my first and the last time when I had social events working correctly. And now even if one of my friends discovers an event I have no messages about this. If I go to coordinates of active event I also can't find it. Everything is just like before.
There is also another problem: I cannot see my friends' ships in Kenway fleet.

Mr_Shade
01-10-2014, 11:35 AM
FINALLY I found a white whale, Oh, wait a second, shouldnt it be on surface :S , this thing went underwater after the update!!

Least you have seen one now ;)

In all seriousness - the team are aware, and are looking into this - but - it's important those affected do still contact support - since some do seem to get them, so any info that those who can't can supply to the team will help.

If you have already contacted support - thanks in advance.

If on next gen console, please remember to check if you have more than 99 friends, which seems to affect Uplay / connections in general.

Anykeyer
01-10-2014, 11:47 AM
On PC it breaks after 50 friends. You will be unable to see SP friends leaderoards and friends names in kenway fleet. Notifications about friends finding events or making progress in SP leaderboards will be bugged or completely absent. Companion app will also be unable to control your fleet.

Eagle_023
01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
I have only 16 people in my friendlist. I am able to see them in leaderboards. I can see ships and names of some of my friends in Kenway fleet, but ships of other friends are unable to see.

guidomista
01-10-2014, 03:44 PM
I have only 16 people in my friendlist. I am able to see them in leaderboards. I can see ships and names of some of my friends in Kenway fleet, but ships of other friends are unable to see.

maybe cause THEY have more than 50 friends in list.

bye

YazX_
01-10-2014, 03:51 PM
found a royal convoy at 992,75. try it out guys and see if you can find one there

Mr_Shade
01-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Guys,

I may have some good news, the team are attempting to correct this tonight, I don't have an ETA - however it may mean the servers are unavailable for a short while when it's being attempted.

Please keep an eye on the official twitter and Facebook pages for updates, though if it works, you should see instant results.

If it does not succeed the team will carry on trying to solve this for you guys,

Gezesh_Rahl
01-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Hope this will help. Thanks for updating us!

AnthonyA85
01-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Glad to hear they're going to try and fix it :) over the past two weeks i've been playing, i've only found four events: two white whales, a convoy and a chest on Caymen Sound the other day (or was it Grand Caymen?)

jsmith
01-11-2014, 12:41 AM
I'll be holding hopes that my stuck royal convoy disappears! Go team!

Frag_Maniac
01-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Currently the only "social" activity for me is the usual stuck Royal Convoy icon, which doesn't seem so social.

I've still only ever had white whales. Managed to 100% sync both my previous play through profile and this one though, whoo hoo!

I'm actually taking a break to go through all the difficulty levels and DLC of Last Light until they give this game a proper tune up. Maybe they can manage to pull those Royal Convoys out of Davy Jones' Locker. LOL

AntiChrist7
01-11-2014, 10:05 AM
yeah im still with the stuck royal convoys, and no white whales or chests. Keeping my hopes up

smokin_mitch
01-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Guys,

I may have some good news, the team are attempting to correct this tonight, I don't have an ETA - however it may mean the servers are unavailable for a short while when it's being attempted.

Please keep an eye on the official twitter and Facebook pages for updates, though if it works, you should see instant results.

If it does not succeed the team will carry on trying to solve this for you guys,

Hi thanks for the update, I hope they are fixed soon can you post links on this thread to the official twitter and facebook pages?

Uranus888
01-11-2014, 12:51 PM
@Mr_Shade

Thanks for the update!

douberman
01-11-2014, 02:15 PM
I hope that fix the Royal Convoy Icon stuck in the sea!

DIVINE BLUE ICE
01-11-2014, 03:40 PM
I sure hope they are fixed soon. I have not seen anything in two weeks. :(

JUst one white Whale for 360

Pavez
01-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Think something happened!

Today I found one event each and finished my series!

Still the R icon on the sea... :(

Gezesh_Rahl
01-11-2014, 05:08 PM
No, nothing happened, you've just got lucky. Besides, there's nothing about this on Ubi Support Facebook or Twitter

JerethDaGryphon
01-11-2014, 05:37 PM
you know its bad when finding social events only occurs in your dream, each night i dream each morn i wake to find its still not fixed

Mr_Shade
01-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Hi Guys,

I am checking if this happened - however if you see no improvement over the weekend, those still affected - please do contact / update your ticket with support, so they are aware of numbers still affected.

If you start getting social events - and have an open support ticket - please do remember to close it, since it may help with the delays for others [if you need to reopen - you can do at any point!]

alex.udo
01-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Hello,

i Need some friiends for some things inside the game.
I don't now the words, so i explain it.
I couldn't end the game with 100% Synch., because i Need 3 treasure (german: 3 soziale Schatztruhen) and a few Special convois. (German: königliche Konvois).
and Moby ****. Need 2 White whales.

Can someone help me. I hope you can understand this. :nonchalance:

greeting from darkgermany

Mavrick_Star
01-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Hi Guys,

I am checking if this happened - however if you see no improvement over the weekend, those still affected - please do contact / update your ticket with support, so they are aware of numbers still affected.

If you start getting social events - and have an open support ticket - please do remember to close it, since it may help with the delays for others [if you need to reopen - you can do at any point!]

I wish I could send an email to them. the site won't even let my ask a bloody question I get redirected to a page that says 'related topics that may answer your question' of which NONE are even close and the only option it to click Problem solved....which it isn't....for a ton of people!!!

Pavez
01-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Not sure if only luck...

One week finding nothing and today in ten minutes a chest, a convoy and a whale...

Maybe they re-activate social stuff for some time...

Mr_Shade
01-11-2014, 07:11 PM
I wish I could send an email to them. the site won't even let my ask a bloody question I get redirected to a page that says 'related topics that may answer your question' of which NONE are even close and the only option it to click Problem solved....which it isn't....for a ton of people!!!
You should have the option to still submit the issue at the bottom of the page - if you don't - you should try a different browser or - try a different browser.

You can also contact them via phone - however please be aware, call charges may apply and the opening times vary by region.
http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Fatal-Feit
01-11-2014, 07:17 PM
I've sunk 200+ hours into this game (no exaggeration) and I've only came across 1 Social Treasure, 3 White Whales and 2 Royal Convoys. Mr.Shade, your post gave me hope... I was up the entire night from 8 p.m to 1 p.m and I've yet to come across anything. :(

Can't the teams just set up an event or a patch that allows these events to happen at a 100% rate during weekend or so?

RedWolfCrusader
01-11-2014, 08:51 PM
If you find any events on Xboxc One add me RedWolfCrusader and ill add you!!!