PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag won't start!

Elbrambo_man2
11-23-2013, 01:01 PM
I bought this game yesterday and I wasn't able to install it by using the discs. No problem, I activated the game on uplay and installed it. But when the download was over and I tried to start the singleplayer game, my screen just turns black and my mouse becomes the loading icon. When I click or tab a key, the screen turns white and tels me that AC4 stopped working. I have verified the game data, reinstalled the game and even reinstalled uplay but none of these things helped. Multyplayer works fine.

What do I have to do?

Please help me out!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

Elbrambo_man2
11-23-2013, 08:45 PM
I have already visited the ubisoft technical support page, but I can't find the answer to my question there.
But still, thanks for your help.

Kabor19
11-24-2013, 12:30 AM
I have the same problem, bought this game yestarday activated by uplay, in the begining of loading its turns to black screen and thats it. wrote to suport but they dont answer. What did you do? how did you fix the problem?

noble_lance
11-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Hi, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

I've done that as well and haven't heard anything from them. When I get in during a day, and its usually only once successfully. I have the leave the game running on my computer all day for fear of not being able to get back on.

Amnezzia
11-24-2013, 04:56 AM
I have the same problem. Game wont start, instead we get a black screen and then if you alt-tab out you find a message that AC4BFSP.exe is not responding.

night.angel2010
11-24-2013, 06:00 AM
I'm having issues with crashes as well. I haven't even gotten the chance to play AC4. I load up a new game and it won't play cutscenes or anything and then it gets to the Animus loading screen with Edward then crashes straight to my Mac desktop. Shuts down my Windows 7 on Parallels Desktop 9. I'm running AC4 on Steam installed on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit virtual machine (VM) through Parallels Desktop 9 on my MacBook Pro 15" (Early 2011) with the following specs: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 with 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (4GB dedicated to my VM) 500GB HDD (200GB dedicated to VM) and AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics card with 1GB (the total VRAM) dedicated to VM. All other games run fine with the exception of cutscenes not playing in some old games. Any ideas? Tips? Thanks for the help!

Elbrambo_man2
11-24-2013, 08:27 AM
A lot of people seem to have this problem and ubisoft doesn't do anything about it. Did I really wait half a year for this ****?

jdoctor38
11-24-2013, 09:06 AM
I bought this via Steam.http://www.q10055.com/20.jpg

Elbrambo_man2
11-24-2013, 09:25 AM
UPDATE: When I try to launch the game now, not only ac4bfsl stopped working but also my uplay game laucnher.

sasha0912
11-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Same problem here

Win 7 Home premium
6 GB RAM
Intel Core i5
NVIDIA GT 520 mx
i have last Directx etc...

i update driver to last Nvidia GeForce 331.82 WHQL

But when i try to launch file AC4BFSP.exe file i have blank screen otherwise if i try to launch same file using graphic card integrated in my pc game run but in poor quality obviously.

Seems as my NVIDIA graphic card cannot run this game i tried a lot of time... please somebody could help me? may be i must set something for play game with my graphic card and not using integrated card that often block game and is very slow

thx

darkraku
11-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Same problem as well.

Have tried editing the AssassinBlackFlagMP file to change the DisplayWidth and Height to positive values but it makes no difference and keeps reverting back to negative values.

I can't believe there is no fix for this. The multiplayer is what I was looking forward to the most :(

irons690
11-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Same here, i installed the game and it came up with an error in installation about some file not able to be copied, and then i ignored it and it worked the rest of the way. Tried to play it and same thing, i then uninstalled it, tried to install it again and same file with issues. I then uninstalled it, and then got UPlay to download it (bloody 22GB) and still same issue. When i load it the screen does nothing i lose my mouse, and then i click the button it goes to a black screen and then i click again and it goes to a white screen and crashes :(
my pc spec is ample of what it needs :
Win 7 ultimate
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
8GB RAM
Latest drivers
and i can play the new batman : arkham origins fine!!

thailand13
11-24-2013, 11:32 AM
its really nasty dunno why this is happening or if they are trying to fix this but its really nasty i have waited for a long time for this got the game to get all the content and yet i am playing the cracked version which is working just fine ...go figure...hope they do something about it really fast...worst thing imo is the fact they are not saying ANYTHING about it....

sasha0912
11-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Incredible that with one poor little integrated card work ( slowly but work ) otherwise with my NVIDIA GT 520 MX 2 GB RAM DONT work......very very strange and pity

irons690
11-25-2013, 08:40 AM
*please do not discuss piracy on the forums, this can lead to a ban*

HMoonH
12-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Have played Assassins Creed 4 for about 36 hours, now will not open. Doesn't do anything just sits there when I click on it through steam. What to do?

medavroog
12-19-2013, 01:45 PM
A lot of people seem to have this problem and ubisoft doesn't do anything about it. Did I really wait half a year for this ****?

... do you "really" want to know the "truth"?
... let's just say, "we should ALREADY see this coming ... head-on".

mdung87
12-19-2013, 05:25 PM
I have the same problem. MP worked well but Single Player can't work because of crash. Fix this please or I have to find crack......

AkyraPT
12-19-2013, 08:02 PM
bought the game yesterday, installed, updated, played just fine. today can't even login to uplay so I cant do anything in any of my games :s

Elbrambo_man2
12-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Some pc pro or something please help me, I think my pc is good enough an should be able to run the game but I'm not certain anymore, I opened a ticket but support is slow and is very vague. Please someone help me. I've been trying to run this game for over a month now!
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/20/2013, 16:10:25
Machine name: BRAMPEETERS-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: K55VD
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/24/12 19:00:56 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6030MB RAM
Page File: 3115MB used, 8942MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unico

Elbrambo_man2
12-20-2013, 04:53 PM
You guys, I finally got it working by updating my driver! but the game is really laggy even on the lowest quatlity

Bevena
12-29-2013, 09:38 PM
I had the same problem: when I tried to open the single player the screen would simply turn black and windows would inform me the game has stopped working. I don't know how many of you have two graphics cards on your computer, but I have: Intel and Nvidia. The problem was that Asassin's Creed tries to automatically run on Intel. It started working for me when I forced the program to start on Nvidia.

If you have similar situation, you can force your computer to run AC on Nvidia:

Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel by right clicking on your desk top and clicking on "NVIDIA Control Panel".

In the default screen that pops up (it should be "manage 3D settings", and the "Program Settings" tab should be automatically selected), under "1. Select a program to customize:" hit the "Add" button.

Find the folder "Asassin's Creed IV Black Flag" and from the folder choose file "AC4BFSP" (be careful here because there are other files with similar names).

Then, under "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" open the drop-down menu and select "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

Finally, hit apply in the far bottom right corner, and you should be good to go!

Hopefully it works for you!

To give credit where credit is due: directions how to force something on Nvidia graphics card stolen from http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/72567/can-i-force-steam-to-use-my-nvidia-gpu-instead-of-the-integrated-intel-card

mort5551994
12-30-2013, 09:02 AM
it s the downloads when I download . play off line it works

Delta_3-5-7
12-30-2013, 05:31 PM
I can't even start the game http://i.imgur.com/dLZC3tU.png?1

and the disc's are coming up as a virus through Avast, which is odd..

lukestickmaster
01-02-2014, 02:46 AM
I had the same problem: when I tried to open the single player the screen would simply turn black and windows would inform me the game has stopped working. I don't know how many of you have two graphics cards on your computer, but I have: Intel and Nvidia. The problem was that Asassin's Creed tries to automatically run on Intel. It started working for me when I forced the program to start on Nvidia.

If you have similar situation, you can force your computer to run AC on Nvidia:

Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel by right clicking on your desk top and clicking on "NVIDIA Control Panel".

In the default screen that pops up (it should be "manage 3D settings", and the "Program Settings" tab should be automatically selected), under "1. Select a program to customize:" hit the "Add" button.

Find the folder "Asassin's Creed IV Black Flag" and from the folder choose file "AC4BFSP" (be careful here because there are other files with similar names).

Then, under "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" open the drop-down menu and select "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

Finally, hit apply in the far bottom right corner, and you should be good to go!

Hopefully it works for you!

To give credit where credit is due: directions how to force something on Nvidia graphics card stolen from http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/72567/can-i-force-steam-to-use-my-nvidia-gpu-instead-of-the-integrated-intel-card

I have AMD Radeon 8400 and Intel. How do I attempt to force AC to start on Radeon? Or is it different than NVidia? I tried right clicking on my desktop ( I have windows 8 ) and it doesn't come up, I can't even search Radeon with any results. I can open up the graphics under Intel but it gives me no options. Getting sick of trying to figure this out. I have an open ticket with no response yet. I'm not a computer whiz, got this game because my son really wanted it, starting to think this was a mistake!

Rounoush1
01-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Ubisoft, please update your game. I can't get the game to go for even 3 seconds. It always closes as soon as I start it up.

betterdrinkmy
01-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Ubisoft, please update your game. I can't get the game to go for even 3 seconds. It always closes as soon as I start it up.

This, a dozen times over. It worked before, funnily enough even when my drivers weren't up to date. Some patch broke the game.

sajjad1001
01-21-2014, 10:52 AM
I bought this game yesterday and I wasn't able to install it by using the discs. No problem, I activated the game on uplay and installed it. But when the download was over and I tried to start the singleplayer game, my screen just turns black and my mouse becomes the loading icon. When I click or tab a key, the screen turns white and tels me that AC4 stopped working. I have verified the game data, reinstalled the game and even reinstalled uplay but none of these things helped. Multyplayer works fine.

What do I have to do?

Please help me out!

I have solved this problem .
step1: Downlowd and install the latest version of Nvidia driver for your GeForce GPU ( My own version is 332.21 )
step2: Download and install the latest version of DirectX
step3: First start the "GeForce Experience" program that has been added to your desktop by installing the Nvidia driver. Then open the assassin's creed 4 :)
step4: Enjoy the game :)

MBillionaire
12-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Try downloading and instaling graphic drivers manualy.. it worked for me

PLML2015
02-15-2015, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Here's how I solved that problem after 2 days looking everywhere for a solution:
First, I had to uninstall the game and reinstall it (via CD), update DirectX to the latest version and set performances to high level (see that in the control panel). Then launch the game NOT via Uplay but by directly clicking on the game icon in Windows explorer (click execute as administrator). You'll have a UPlay window popping up for you to login. At this stage I made sure my Internet connexion was cut off to force Uplay in offline mode. If prompted, do NOT update the game, since the patches will make it crash for sure. You'll have to wait maybe 1-2 min for the game to start. In the main menu and before starting to play, adjust grpahics to lower quality (selecting normal/low for each line and lower the resolution as well). That's how I managed to run the game on a laptop bought in 2012 and using Intel hd 4000.
Of course, you shouldn't have any other program running while launching the game.

Unfortunately I may not be able to answer further questions about this topic since I am otherwise completely clueless about hard/software.

VoldR
02-16-2015, 01:58 AM
I got it 2013 Dec from Malaysia, old neighborhood Electronic Boutique, only store I trust for original products...
Didn't touch the game till late Dec and it works fine thankfully... Didn't even bother to test it early on...
:)

This forum needs a place to post official answers to FAQs with titles easy to understand its talking about their problems.
Sticky posts bot posts that disappears in due time.

sircandyfloss
08-31-2015, 08:21 AM
i have this problem:
i cannot open the game, after it installs microsoft framework it just stops launching and when i try again it does the same thing

Black_Widow9
08-31-2015, 09:28 PM
i have this problem:
i cannot open the game, after it installs microsoft framework it just stops launching and when i try again it does the same thing
Hello and welcome to the Forums,
Please contact our Support team so they can troubleshoot this with you.
https://support.ubi.com (https://support.ubi.com/)

Thanks

Garrett21120
09-05-2015, 04:35 AM
Just walk away IMO - all of a sudden after owning (and playing) Black Flag, Unity, Far Cry 4, and other games (some for years) Uplay keeps asking me for activation codes (edit: after launching through Steam) and won't launch my games. See all the codes in my settings - but NOOOOO - even though Uplay supposedly thinks I have legit codes - it still won't launch the games.

Well done Ubisoft - you guys never cease to amaze me with your programming expertise - or rather lack thereof and don't really want to spend days with your support team trying to get games I have been playing thru UPlay for years to play again. Have a ton of games on Steam that still work fine and thanks again dudes....

Mr_Shade
09-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Just walk away IMO - all of a sudden after owning (and playing) Black Flag, Unity, Far Cry 4, and other games (some for years) Uplay keeps asking me for activation codes (edit: after launching through Steam) and won't launch my games. See all the codes in my settings - but NOOOOO - even though Uplay supposedly thinks I have legit codes - it still won't launch the games.

Well done Ubisoft - you guys never cease to amaze me with your programming expertise - or rather lack thereof and don't really want to spend days with your support team trying to get games I have been playing thru UPlay for years to play again. Have a ton of games on Steam that still work fine and thanks again dudes....

Hi, There was an issue with Uplay PC on Thursday, which resulted in the games being unavailable for a few hours - this should have been resolved for everyone.

If you are having issues launching games - or they are simply not there - please open a ticket with the support team here: www.support.ubi.com

Jessigirl2013
09-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Hi, There was an issue with Uplay PC on Thursday, which resulted in the games being unavailable for a few hours - this should have been resolved for everyone.

If you are having issues launching games - or they are simply not there - please open a ticket with the support team here: www.support.ubi.com

Huh? was this redeeming game codes or actually launched games already bought?

Garrett21120
09-06-2015, 12:15 AM
Thanks Shade for the response - and Jessi - 1/2 the games I own thru Uplay will not launch all of a sudden - because they are asking for activation codes now - that when I check in my account->settings->codes - they are all in there - so when I try to copy-paste them to that window (hoping Uplay will somehow recognize the codes it supposedly already has) - I get the already in use message.

EDIT: screenshot of the window: http://s9.postimg.org/70g5zy58b/UPlay1.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/70g5zy58b/)

In case this helps someone else having the same issue(s) - Ubisoft support did respond next day and had me delete everything UPlay - so kuddos for that. I already tried uninstall-reinstall and didn't help - but they had me delete save games (made copies of the old ones first) and then delete keys in the registry as well. Did so - and did the same thing as before - so have no clue whats going on.

Supposedly the Steam beta client (latest) is causing some issues - but I diabled my account participation in it and thus it rolled me back to the previous version of Steam - but didn't fix it either.

Hopefully this may help other and appreciate the help - but have to say this is not very impressive for Uplay as a game client IMO. I will of course apologize here if it's some issue on my side - but really don't see how it could be.

Have also tried launching through Steam->Uplay and through Uplay alone - so guess I will have to wait on the next response from support.

Mr_Shade
09-06-2015, 10:45 AM
If you are still having issues, launching games - please open a ticket with the team directly - the support team are the best people to talk to, since no offence to anyone here, they will know how the system works a little better ;)

Garrett21120
09-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Figured it out (without support) and thought I would post here in case anyone else runs into the issue. So I purchased all these games through Steam and like I said above - all of a sudden it started asking me for activation cd keys for some of them.

Would have never guessed this was a Steam/game cache issue - but that's what it was - or rather a link between Uplay and Steam - so here's what I found below in case it helps others:

Went to Black Flag icon in Steam and right clicked on it.
Chose Verify Integrity of Game Cache in Steam
See Attached pic: http://s17.postimg.org/ltxy18j6z/Steam_Validating_Files.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/ltxy18j6z/)
Went though the validation process and then got the message below...
Black Flag: 2 Files failed verify check and will be downloaded...
Same for Unity: 1 File failed and downloaded...
Files Automatically downloaded to both..
Started AC:BF thru Steam..
It opened UPlay and I entered my signin info
*Thats was when I saw a UPLAY window pop up and say "Your Games have successfully linked to Uplay"
I then hit the Launch Game from that screen and then wallah - the game opened and loaded up/ran fine..
And Same for Unity..
So I'm re downloading Far Cry 4 through Steam and would guesstimate it will work as well.

Will share Ubisoft Support was stumped as well - so will share with them in case it helps for others in the future - but just wonder if there is an automated Link Games.exe (or whatever) that Steam or Uplay can have available to do these checks in the future. Anyway hope this helps others and thanks for the help in here :)