PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Install Assassin's Creed IV From Disc

pensivepeppers
11-23-2013, 07:36 AM
So yesterday my Assassin's Creed IV was finally delivered. I installed it, played it on high graphics settings with 40-60 fps and was content with the game. So this morning I put on my computer as usual, open uPlay and open Assassin's Creed IV singeplayer. It goes up to the "This game was developed by a multicultural team" intro and then the screen goes black. I wait a bit and nothing changes. I close the game and try again. Nothing. Again. Again. Still nothing. So I decide to try and reinstall it. I put Disc 1 in, click the option to uninstall and uPlay tells me the game was successfully uninstalled. But I don't get the option to install it again. I go through my computer deleting everything to do with AC4 but still nothing. Then I tried to run setup.exe and it tells me the following:

"Another copy of this program is already installed! Installation will be aborted."

Now, about three hours later I have tried everything, even formatted my harddrive.

Can anyone tell me how to get past this? I live in a third world country that isn't big on download speed so I'd like not to have to download the game. I'm running Windows 8(.1)

Also the black screen only started happening when I updated the game after playing it offline for a while.

neutron1994
11-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Please help.
Since Nov 21 I can't play AC4. I install game from disk but Uplay start download game again .I think Uplay can't see AC4 in my folder.I try to verify files, but I give message "Failed to validate game files.Try to re-install the game".I try to re-install the game 5 times.Please help anyone.

Sorry for my English

pensivepeppers
11-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Right, so quick update: uPlay isn't letting me download Assassin's Creed IV either. Wonderful.

Elbreth
11-23-2013, 01:52 PM
I have the same problem here.
Went in the registry to suppress AC IV registry keys.
Uninstalled Uplay.
Installed revo uninstaller, total uninstaller and ccleaner.
Still the same problem.
My Specs:
Core 2 Duo E7200
Radeon HD 4850
4Go Ram
Win 7 64 Family Edition
Bought the Digital Deluxe version of the game on Green Man Gaming
Now trying to download the game through uplay, which I reinstalled

Crazy_Horse95
11-23-2013, 02:39 PM
I thought I was the only one whit this problem. Well. I'v got exactly the same problem as You pensivepeppers and I'm not going to upload the whole game from Uplay (about 10 hours). If you find the solution, please let me know, cus' it' s already make me sick.

TiaanScheepers
11-23-2013, 03:53 PM
I have the same problem as pensivepeppers pleas help think it was the update

100kb/s dload time 70hrs :(

pensivepeppers
11-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Right, so I actually got it working through a roundabout sequence of events. I installed uPlay on my external harddrive and then went to my brother's computer and installed AC4 on it and dragged the folder onto my harddrive. I went back to my computer and launched uPlay and it was working- with the update and everything.

So long story short just try installing it on another computer, put it back on yours and launch it from there. Also I launched it from the AC4BF.exe and only then did uPlay recognize it. Oh and remember to delete any previous AC4 files/folders. Happy sailing!

EDIT: Found I have to launch it from the AC4BF.exe while uPlay is open for it to work. Oh well, at least it works, right?

Crazy_Horse95
11-23-2013, 08:16 PM
You're lucky :) Unfortunately, this isn't solution for me. I don't have hardrive or pendrive, so I can't remove the folder. Why the Ubisoft can't fix it? It takes so many time to just install this game...

SomeCommonName
11-23-2013, 08:44 PM
You're lucky :) Unfortunately, this isn't solution for me. I don't have hardrive or pendrive, so I can't remove the folder. Why the Ubisoft can't fix it? It takes so many time to just install this game...

Had the same problem, this worked for me

Go to regedit

find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft

delete any Assassins creed IV lines.

Try Again.

This doesn't Work try uninstalling the UBISOFT gamelauncher(under add/remove programs) Delete ALL folders on your HDD pertaining to the gamelauncher
navigate to the above registry spot and delete any lines with launcher. REBOOT and try Again.

Hope it Works for you. (now I just need to get the SP campaign to start....)

Crazy_Horse95
11-23-2013, 10:46 PM

Go to regedit

Try Again.

This doesn't Work try uninstalling the UBISOFT gamelauncher(under add/remove programs) Delete ALL folders on your HDD pertaining to the gamelauncher
navigate to the above registry spot and delete any lines with launcher. REBOOT and try Again.

Hell yeah, it worke for me!! Thank You so much mate, I owe You a bootle of rum :) Thx once again!

SgtVichingo
11-28-2013, 10:11 PM
great work dude. worked for me to start re-install.. let's see what this try bring. Not installed uplay previous, as I did the last time.. And the installed game was not recognized by uplay. They kept insisting to download it.

J_0024
12-02-2013, 02:41 PM

Go to regedit

Try Again.

This also worked for me, was starting to stress! Good man!

Chiekotz
12-03-2013, 04:54 PM
This also worked for me, was starting to stress! Good man!

same here, bless people like you bro :)

OmriP
12-03-2013, 05:11 PM
The black screen error is very common now after the update, a lot of people experience it, myself included. No solution works as of yet...

Arclock-
12-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Insert Disc 1 and view the disc's files. Navigate to http://gyazo.com/f4a04f4c9c2cf8022cbf858ee5d1994e.png then open ACBF_cleanup then navigate back to http://gyazo.com/a65247cc4092f0bfcc40bfb85023abb5.png and run Setup as an Administrator, then install as normal.

krazz_andy
04-13-2014, 05:50 PM

Go to regedit

Try Again.

Thanx a ton for posting this solution...worked like a charm!! :D:D

Al-Gahaim
05-26-2014, 10:16 PM

Go to regedit

Try Again.

yuppppppppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :) Cheers

bludger89
09-01-2014, 06:16 PM
hi guys...um question..I have no problem with singleplayer installation whatsoever...How do i get to play multiplayer?..Do i have to download content from uplay for it?..i bought the original disk for PC and installation was smooth..when i click multiplayer from uplay it downloads some 22gb worth file..is that the multiplayer game file?..

Sorry for being a noob..lol.;)..I am new to online gaming.!!..and i badly wanna play multiplayer in Assassins creed blackflag..Help me out pls...:confused:

Locopells
09-02-2014, 12:35 AM
It should install from the disc, yes, but there are updates of some considerable size - although 22GB is more then I remember...

Welcome to the forums, BTW!

hassansamsudin
10-24-2014, 12:39 PM
had the same problem, this worked for me

go to regedit

find hkey_local_machine\software\wow6432node\ubisoft

delete any assassins creed iv lines.

Try again.

This doesn't work try uninstalling the ubisoft gamelauncher(under add/remove programs) delete all folders on your hdd pertaining to the gamelauncher
navigate to the above registry spot and delete any lines with launcher. Reboot and try again.

Hope it works for you. (now i just need to get the sp campaign to start....)

wow thanks it really worked.

pd1988
10-24-2014, 01:33 PM
So yesterday my Assassin's Creed IV was finally delivered. I installed it, played it on high graphics settings with 40-60 fps and was content with the game. So this morning I put on my computer as usual, open uPlay and open Assassin's Creed IV singeplayer. It goes up to the "This game was developed by a multicultural team" intro and then the screen goes black. I wait a bit and nothing changes. I close the game and try again. Nothing. Again. Again. Still nothing. So I decide to try and reinstall it. I put Disc 1 in, click the option to uninstall and uPlay tells me the game was successfully uninstalled. But I don't get the option to install it again. I go through my computer deleting everything to do with AC4 but still nothing. Then I tried to run setup.exe and it tells me the following:

"Another copy of this program is already installed! Installation will be aborted."

Now, about three hours later I have tried everything, even formatted my harddrive.

Can anyone tell me how to get past this? I live in a third world country that isn't big on download speed so I'd like not to have to download the game. I'm running Windows 8(.1)

Also the black screen only started happening when I updated the game after playing it offline for a while.

The easy way to fix this is reinstall the game from scratch before opening the game for the first time. Go to the game directory and make a copy of the ac4 .exe files.

As soon as game is done updating just copy and replace the ac4.exe files.
This was the fastest way around that problem.

Hope this helps

Pawan_creed
12-25-2014, 06:20 AM
I've installed the game but when i open Uplay it says "download" the game when ive already installed it.
theres no reinstall too in the system as default for ACU.
Ive tried to delete it manually and remove the keys in registry but nothings seems to work...
Any Ideas guys????

sydneyburger
03-10-2015, 10:52 AM
I've installed the game but when i open Uplay it says "download" the game when ive already installed it.
theres no reinstall too in the system as default for ACU.
Ive tried to delete it manually and remove the keys in registry but nothings seems to work...
Any Ideas guys????

Happen to me this way too. I have bought this game twice now becuase i can't download it so i have to have the discs but my dad lost one... So after like over a year, i just bought it asecond time on disc, and now i installed it and it wants me to download 22 gigabytes when i have the game installed.

Gonna mail a dog turd to ubisoft hq

Narayanan5
05-27-2015, 10:28 AM
Hi . Maybe i have a solution to your problem . You know that AC works only with a graphics card . I advice you to buy a higher version of graphics card like the nvidia geforce gtx 260 or a higher version would make it better . If suppose you have the the graphics card i suggested , I am sure it is due to the over heating of your graphics card . You must get it checked . This was the same problem that I faced when I bought the CD. Best of luck with your game .:):D;):cool:
To Pensive Peppers

Brotherhood502
07-02-2015, 07:58 AM

Go to regedit

Try Again.

Thanks man , thanks very much <3 !

e123rak
07-12-2015, 11:14 PM
**** you

Mitchos1
12-10-2015, 12:34 PM

Go to regedit

Try Again.

Thanks to people like you we can play our games!!! Cheers Buddy!

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-10-2015, 01:18 PM
and people defend ubisoft's uplay for this ? good luck.

guest-uvW8EmIH
05-12-2016, 12:20 PM
OH MATE i finally able to install it again thank you so much
Thanks to SomeCommonName