PDA

View Full Version : Yo guys Ashgosh airshow!!!

adadaead
04-02-2004, 12:41 PM
I know some of you don't live in a this country of U.S. of A but who lives here, who is going.

Me myself maybe not, cause its in a different state but maybe i will go with a man i know, he was pilot in a navy back in a day. I've never seen an airshow before.

I've never been in an airshow and though about 30 km of my little town there is a fighter wing called Hill airforce base, i've only one time seen an f16 taking off (i was in the city that was the closest to fighter airport).

O yeah just curious what kinds of real planes you ve seen especially WW2 planes. I never seen i WW2 plane in real life. I've been in a musem but they had modern planes there.

ANother thing for angry posters, this post is just for fun and for curiousity, so i admit that it is pointles, but to make it il-2 related
how come there is never a layer of couds when you go above 10 or 20 kms.

I posted this just to kill some time at launch at school.

adadaead
04-02-2004, 12:41 PM
I know some of you don't live in a this country of U.S. of A but who lives here, who is going.

Me myself maybe not, cause its in a different state but maybe i will go with a man i know, he was pilot in a navy back in a day. I've never seen an airshow before.

I've never been in an airshow and though about 30 km of my little town there is a fighter wing called Hill airforce base, i've only one time seen an f16 taking off (i was in the city that was the closest to fighter airport).

O yeah just curious what kinds of real planes you ve seen especially WW2 planes. I never seen i WW2 plane in real life. I've been in a musem but they had modern planes there.

ANother thing for angry posters, this post is just for fun and for curiousity, so i admit that it is pointles, but to make it il-2 related
how come there is never a layer of couds when you go above 10 or 20 kms.

I posted this just to kill some time at launch at school.

heywooood
04-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Warbird related topics are ok here

Yes - we have a show called Wings over Gillespie and another at Miramar MCAS as well

The Gillespie show features Warbirds from the Planes of Fame museum in Chino Ca. and also the
Confederate Airforce supplies heavy metal for this show..

Go to any airshow where you can see actual WWII aircraft in flight!!! They wont be flyable forever and it is AWESOME..

I have seen P47's Razorback and Bubble top variants fly - Wildcats - Hellcats - Mustangs - B17 - B26 - B25's Corsairs..You must go and hear them fire up... see them up close.. smell the exhaust..see them flyby low and fast.. etc.

Its great family fun.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-02-2004, 01:58 PM
You mean Oshkosh?

in Wisconsin?

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

adadaead
04-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Where is it lokated the Gillspie show, is it in new country cool, but i think there are goingt to be only modern plane at Ashgosh but i would love to see any WW2 planes fly.

Thanks for responding http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Only in the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.
LtGen Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
There are only two types of aircraft fighters and targets.
Doyle Wahoo' Nicholson, USMC

adadaead
04-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Yes yes Oshkosh in Wiskonsin.

Sory for spelling hehehe http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Only in the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.

ELEM
04-02-2004, 02:02 PM
I think what you are trying to say is Oshkosh Air Show in Wisconsin. It's one of the worlds biggest airshows, concentrating mainly on homebuilts but with a very large number of classic military a/c. I was there in the mid '80's. The year Bert Rutans Voyager made it's debut.

And can I suggest you get back in your school and pay more attentiion in your English lessons.

I wouldn't join any club that would have ME as member!

http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Elem_Klimov/I-16_desktop.jpg

LW_lcarp
04-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Been there the last 2 years and ive seen P-51s, P-40, Spitfires, I-16, Corsairs, Fairy Firefly, Bearcats, B-17s, Vampires, P-80s, And alot more then that so as far as modern day stuff its alot more then that

"If winning isnt everything why do they keep score"
Vince Lombardi

heywooood
04-02-2004, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ELEM:
I think what you are trying to say is Oshkosh Air Show in Wisconsin. It's one of the worlds biggest airshows, concentrating mainly on homebuilts but with a very large number of classic military a/c. I was there in the mid '80's. The year Bert Rutans Voyager made it's debut.

And can I suggest you get back in your school and pay more attentiion in your English lessons.

I wouldn't join any club that would have ME as member!

http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Elem_Klimov/I-16_desktop.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah guys - he's gotta mean Oshkosh -

The Gillespie show called Wings over Gillespie is at Gillespie field in El Cajon California very near where I live in San Diego

It is coming soon too...

il_gufo
04-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Even if you don't get to Oshkosh, Hill AFB is having an airshow on June 12 and 13th of this year. I highly recommend you try to go if you are interested in aviation. The USAF Thunderbirds will be there, as well as a confirmed WWII F4U Corsair. Several other WWII planes (including a Yak-3) are tentatively scheduled also.

And definitely keep studying your spelling...

heywooood
04-02-2004, 02:46 PM
You know - one more thing ...

Alot of the posters here are not going to communicate perfectly in English because it is not their native language.
Beleive it or not this forum is contributed to by many Nationalities - The people who are so so so critical of spelling and grammatical errors should take a second to remember that and let small things go.
Or try this - ask the poster what is their first language and then try to respond in their language...

Who has the better education? the one who knows more ? or the one who understands more.

il_gufo
04-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Heywoood, you are right, I assumed the poster was a young American, and I shouldn't have.

I admire all the people here for whom English is not their first language and who can write very well in it. I certainly can't converse intelligently in any other language.

On the other hand, I am amazed at how many young people I deal with in this country for whom written English is not one of their strong suits. This possibly says much of our education system.

Anyway, I only meant to be encouraging since I don't consider the ability to write effectively a small thing.

heywooood
04-02-2004, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by il_gufo:
Heywoood, you are right, I assumed the poster was a young American, and I shouldn't have.

I admire all the people here for whom English is not their first language and who can write very well in it. I certainly can't converse intelligently in any other language.

On the other hand, I am amazed at how many young people I deal with in this country for whom written English is not one of their strong suits. This possibly says much of our education system.

Anyway, I only meant to be encouraging since I don't consider the ability to write effectively a small thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I - on further review realize - that you have a point as well. Some of America's youth seem to have contempt for good communication skills... as we have seen on these boards.

I often have to chide my son who is 17 on the merits of good comm. skills, so I am very familiar with the challenge of trying to make it important to him.

Its just that typically american response I see here frequently, that multiple spelling mistakes must be due to ignorance only...because Everyone speaks english..dont they?..hahahah.

Are you an English instructor -- or a concerned parent?..

gates123
04-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Heywood, you got a date on the "Wings over El Cajon" show, I live in Del mar. Almost close enough to smell the exhaust.

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/justin/1087/WWII/Images/Thumbs/TBf109AK.jpg
Did anyone see that or was it just me?

il_gufo
04-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Concerned parent and also concered citizen. I could really rant more about this, but I'll stop this hijack. As much as I want our youth to communicate well, I also want to highly encourage any young person who shows interest in aviation to follow their curiosity.

Go to airshows, read books, watch Discovery Wings if it is available to you. Check out the EAA Young Eagle program and/or the Civil Air Patrol. Hang out at the local airport and talk to pilots. If you hang out long enough you might get rides. (Worked for me.) Play IL-2/FB/AEP and use it to learn about flight dynamics and complex engine management and so on, but most of all keep it fun.

gates123
04-02-2004, 04:40 PM
n/m Haywood I found it and reserved my flight on the b-17 =) I will post pics asap.

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/justin/1087/WWII/Images/Thumbs/TBf109AK.jpg

porcupine1
04-02-2004, 05:22 PM
I live in Oshkosh!!! the show is great i go every year! the museum is wonderfull as well.
if you guys want more info send me a private message. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

heywooood
04-02-2004, 05:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gates123:
n/m Haywood I found it and reserved my flight on the b-17 =) I will post pics asap.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry gates -
I just got home so I just now saw your post-
yeah - I forgot about the rides.. is it
the CAF B17 Sentimental Journey or let me see I heard 909 might be there... BtW I haven't looked it up yet - what are the dates - I know it is soon enough but still time for out of towners to book it.. The cost at the gate was nil.. 7-10 $ last year + whatever you want to donate for the presenters.. let me tell you - these planes can fly Toward the viewing area.. there is no grandstand so normal rules dont apply.. and you can visit the restoration hangars on the other side of the field where many more warbirds are being lovingly restored to flight status ! Come and see this show if you can.

adadaead
04-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Hey did you say at Hill airforce base well i'll be there. If you live here, i live in bountiful so its not that far away but i relly wanna go to oshkosh cause i relly wanna see some WW2 planes flying.

O yeah sorry for spelling type to fast or forgot the name. And i'm a teenage russian kid who live in America for 3 years now and i have not have a porblem with Englsih really, but i think too fast ahead when i type or write so sometimes i skip words or make a stupid sentence with many mistakes. See missed all comas here your proof.

adadaead
04-02-2004, 09:52 PM
O yeah please say what date is oshgosh airshow will be on?

porcupine1
04-02-2004, 10:16 PM
July 27 - August 2 the best days for warbird fans is the friday, saturday, and sunday
http://www.airventure.org/
the B-17 aluminum overcast has rides all week for a price around $300 i believe.