PDA

View Full Version : Question about online-offline saves! Help!

FelVonFrelious
11-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Hi.

I am wondering if I can play through Black Flag(PC) in offline mode(With uPlay launcher in Offline) - And then swap uPlay back Online for certain parts like for fleet content and doing convoys, etc, would there be any issue? I'm trying to limit the potential of save corruption/deletion by the uPlay client save cloud? It sounds like it should, but I don't trust Ubisoft not to have put something silly in there like a ''You began this offline you can only play offline''

Would this work? Thanks!

YazX_
11-22-2013, 11:37 PM
yes it would work and you can always turn off cloud sync saves from UPlay settings, but keep taking backups of your saves, they are located inside

program files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\SaveGames.

FelVonFrelious
11-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I've seen the save location - I had a pretty big save eaten by the stupid client earlier when the servers went down so I really don't want to risk anything. I'd rather play offline for the majority and make it impossible for the client to destroy my saves.

Stormy_9th
11-22-2013, 11:43 PM
ohh, i just did that for testing and noticed that the sync isnt careing if you have a newer local save, it is using the last save you made online, if you go back online.

...what a mess, so i switched that sync "feature" off, and think about continuing offline, never comming back online except for online updates, making a local backup of my saves then, as i dont trust it anymore.

FelVonFrelious
11-22-2013, 11:51 PM
ohh, i just did that for testing and noticed that the sync isnt careing if you have a newer local save, it is using the last save you made online, if you go back online.

...what a mess, so i switched that sync "feature" off, and think about continuing offline, never comming back online except for online updates, making a local backup of my saves then, as i dont trust it anymore.

If you have the sync off(Cog shaped wheel in uPlay, settings, untick the thing about cloud sync) does it still do that, or allow you play with local save online without issue/

Stormy_9th
11-23-2013, 02:17 AM
just tested that, all went ok then (save sync off, go back online using a new offline save).