PDA

View Full Version : Is the female Assassin at the mansion supposed to do something?

RoBg03
11-22-2013, 10:28 PM
So, the chick assassin in the dining room outside the bedroom at the mansion in great inagua...when you interact she runs off. i've followed her several times, only to see her suddenly disappear as i'm chasing her. i figured this was some type of easter egg or something, and maybe she leads to an item or something but so far nothing. is my game bugged or something? because she disappears right in front of me when i get as far as a few steps into the jungle.

pacmanate
11-22-2013, 10:33 PM
The Black girl at the door, you chase her down and it cuts to her in the bed and Edward standing next to her.

There is then a white woman standing next to the bed who you can then interact with. She then goes in the bed.

Its a weird easter egg for that trailer involving the Black and White woman Edward was with.

RoBg03
11-22-2013, 10:53 PM
The Black girl at the door, you chase her down and it cuts to her in the bed and Edward standing next to her.

There is then a white woman standing next to the bed who you can then interact with. She then goes in the bed.

Its a weird easter egg for that trailer involving the Black and White woman Edward was with.

ah..i see. i've nailed the chick by the bed, guess she's easy and doesn't play hard to get...maybe i'll try again and get edward some of that mayan strange.

guardian_titan
11-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Kind of makes you wonder if Edward was faithful to Caroline the entire time he was away from her. Some dialogue suggests he was (writing yearly, the fact that Hornigold mentions her and he tells Mary about her), but other dialogue/scenes suggest otherwise (his conversation with Roberts regarding scurvy and quicksilver, him ending up waking up on a table next to a woman). Reading the Animus database page on Edward suggests Abstergo edited him to make him more appealing to a wider audience as well. So begs the question how much of what we saw was "real" and how much of AC4 will end up being seen in a different light once the novel hits shelves. Olivier mentions wanting to change Edward's voice to be more like James Bond so possible no editing had taken place yet, but also possible early editing had already been done.

Also thought it was interesting Edward has his death date listed in the database to start but no one else does until they die ... particularly the ones who we knew died during the game (Blackbeard, Vane, etc). You'd think his death date would've been unknown even after the end of the game since he dies long after the game ends. Makes me also wonder if Caroline's and Mary's death dates were meant to coincide with each other since both are in 1720. Caroline's stated by Jenny to have been happy for a while and then wasn't, then she was gone which certainly follows with Edward. He was happy for a while until around when Blackbeard dies, then he wasn't, and then he was drunk off his rear for who knows how long. Interesting correlation there. So not only did the modern day story correlate with Edward's but Caroline's life also correlated with his despite the two being an ocean apart.

I came to the conclusion the whole bed scene was really to just change the night/day time without resorting to a cheat or sitting around for a while. Then chasing the one was more practice for chasing other targets. You catch her at the end and get ported back to the house would be like catching your target in other quests. Granted, that's just me being under the assumption Edward was faithful and he only knew of the quicksilver because he saw others go through it or heard about their experiences. If he wasn't faithful and Abstergo changed it so it'd appear he was, then the quicksilver bit makes more sense and he does indeed end up in bed with those two women. He was about 19 when he left England (assuming 1712 but possible it was 1713) and 29 by the end (1722) which does put him at his sexual peak ... at the beginning of the game anyway. Males are in their peaks around age 17 while women hit it in their 30s. Very possible he did screw around and Abstergo chose to omit it but forgot to change the quicksilver conversation suggesting he wasn't. But given that the Animus entry suggests Edward was altered from how he really was, it makes you wonder how much of AC4 you can actually trust as being true. The fact that the Queen's Staircase in Nassau is in the game despite it not existing at the time makes you really wonder.

And you don't always get a black and a while woman. You sometimes get an Indian (Mayan most likely) one. Still, possibly an Easter egg from the trailer, but you'd think he'd end up seeing both in bed at the same time ... and nude if that were the case.

Thinking about it, if Edward was extensively edited by Abstergo, I'm surprised Ubisoft can't use that as an excuse to make Connor more appealing to fans in a sequel. >.> Abstergo could state that testing resulted in the real Connor being too unappealing for the mass audiences so his character was edited to not only make him more pro-Templar but to also widen his general appeal. Hmm. Aveline was edited, too, to make it look like she became a Templar at the end. You had to find the various NPCs and kill them to unlock what really happened.

Very much a head scratcher when you really think about it all. How much of this is "real" and will we get what really happened at some point? Probably not since the next assassin is likely in a very different era (pre-1700s possibly) and not related to the Kenways, but still leaves quite a plot hole.

ze_topazio
11-23-2013, 12:47 AM
What we play is the unedited version, the main character is playing Edward's raw memories, the notes in the database is what Abstergo wants to change, and just like Shaun did, Abstergo employees are writing them at the speed of light.

Sukramo
11-23-2013, 01:50 AM
What we play is the unedited version, the main character is playing Edward's raw memories, the notes in the database is what Abstergo wants to change, and just like Shaun did, Abstergo employees are writing them at the speed of light.

Not true that what we play in AC4 is completely unedited. I noticed that in Havana there is a church that is supposed to only have been made so impressive after the date the game takes part in (They discuss it in the database entry) But the fact that church is there when it shouldnt be means that some things have indeed been editied which is....wierd.

The church: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_of_Havana

As you can see it should be finished in 1777 but still appears in its grand finished state in this game set in 1715

This begs to question, what are they sneaking into the Animus without telling you?

Megas_Doux
11-23-2013, 02:13 AM
Not true that what we play in AC4 is completely unedited. I noticed that in Havana there is a church that is supposed to only have been made so impressive after the date the game takes part in (They discuss it in the database entry) But the fact that church is there when it shouldnt be means that some things have indeed been editied which is....wierd.

The church: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_of_Havana

As you can see it should be finished in 1777 but still appears in its grand finished state in this game set in 1715

This begs to question, what are they sneaking into the Animus without telling you?

Nah!

They have been doing that, gameplay purposes, since AC1:

Acre did not have a HUGE XIII century gothic looking like Cathedral, in fact it would have looked more like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/Maria_Lach_02.jpg/622px-Maria_Lach_02.jpg

A romanesque church!

In AC II, they did not included the Baptistery of Florence, which is centuries older that nearby grand Basilica and still stands there, just because it looked very small with the current scale of the game.

The ACBs Rome version we got is also inaccurate. The baroque style did not surface at its full glory until decades later, the reason behind that was to make it look different to the AC IIs cities.

The stunning Hagia Sophia was not completed with is four minarets in 1511, but like in 1570 or later, cant exactly remember.

AC3 is probably the most accurate, however because of that, the free running kinda suffered.

Sukramo
11-23-2013, 02:21 AM
Good points. Thogh since AC3 didnt have any buildings of note whatsoever, its no wonder that it was the most "acurate"

Still, maybe the AC world is different to others and thats how it really looked there? I seriously doubt Abstergo added in the stuff in AC1 when they were clearly short on time and didnt know what they would find/where to go exactly.

The thing with the Havana Cathedral is they actually debate whenter it should be in or not and then decide to edit it in when it shouldnt be there. Its clearly manipulation of the past.

Megas_Doux
11-23-2013, 02:33 AM
And think is a way to "justify" historical discrepancies introducing it within the game itself, clever if you ask me.

In regards to AC3, well the problem is not necesarly the height of buildings, which are not that tall aside from Saint Paul Chapel in NY and Old South Meeting House and Old North Church in Boston, but how wider the streest are from each other and the lack of ways to overcome that. Although I really like the NY rooftops being 100% honest.

Take Jerusalem, not very tall buildings or huge landmarks, but very enjoyable.

Ureh
10-24-2014, 09:39 PM
hello can some one help me please i have the whole island full upgraded but i haven't finish game yet i just collect lots of money anyway

i tryed many number of times to find assassin girl in my house but each time i go around it or inside rooms i just find some pirates with some women ...

how can i ever find that assassin girl ( also do i need to unlock templer's armor before finding here ?)

also i am in the level before S4 memory 2 nothing is true

do i need to go to higher single player levels to find her ?

You'll find the assassins on your island, the Great Inagua, after Sequence 12, I believe.