PDA

View Full Version : (BUG FOUND/VIDEO PROOF) Throwing Knife single player

Boorgogne
11-22-2013, 09:31 PM
So when you you managed to disarm an agile guard or pick up a knife on the ground, it will go in your inventory, but if you decide to switch your tool ( like smoke bombs)when you have the throwing knife, you won't be able to re select and use it because their is no key for it. So you'll be stuck with it forever without being able to use it and when you'll try to disarm an agile guard, his knife will fall on the ground and you won't be able to pick it up, because there's a 1 knife limit in your inventory. Voilą!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMohfFo5XKc

Lokikron
11-23-2013, 04:55 AM
YES, PERFECT, THANK YOU!

This video shows EXACTLY what is wrong, and what the bug is.

There "isn't" a bug on consoles because if you have a controller they have "inventory" while pc just has 1-0 keys and mouse wheel. Knives aren't listed as an option in 1-0 but maps (1 time use items, and after solving them, useless) and throw money (lol) are. Keyboard doesn't have "inventory" as an keybind option in control settings.

So if you ever change your tool away from knives, you'll be unable to disarm and kill agiles with their own weapons as you won't be able to switch back and use knives ever again, thus being unable to get 100% synch/completion.

Possible solutions are to tack knives on at the end, and have them bound to like -, or `.

OR, make the knives actually show up when using the mousewheel (THE ONE CONTROL YOU CAN NOT CHANGE)

OR, have the console inventory show up when you hit weapon select (Q by default) and make it so you can scroll through the list with mouse/direction keys as it's pretty useless right now as it just rotates between unarmed, hidden blade, and swords.

"Have/use a controller" IS NOT A SOLUTION. IT DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM FOR KEYBOARD USERS.

It makes me sad to see these threads getting pushed back and buried, it makes me feel PC is getting ignored, I haven't seen any response from a dev at all post on the pc forums, and there are a lot of duplicate threads that should be merged to clean up the forum, so it looks like there's lack of moderation as well, while I know there are plenty of mods/devs out there like ubi-valentin, ubi-mush, Mr shade, Noctalya and Black Widow. At the very least though the spam bot threads get deleted which is nice I guess, but I feel pc is still getting ignored.

Boorgogne
11-23-2013, 05:50 AM
Yeah it's frustrating, but i'm sure it'll be fixed in a upcoming patch because it isn't that big of a bug, just a forgotten detail. That's what happens with every game when they launch, some forgotten details here and there. The thing that people need to understand is for the devs to fix their problem they need a way to reproduce it. Just put a proof on tape and it'll be easier for them to get rid of the problems.

JoshRBG7
11-25-2013, 02:31 PM
I am having exactly the same problem. I have not been able to use throwing knives the entire game! I have completed everything else in the game and will have to wait for a patch in order to get 100%. very upsetting.

jordysmart
11-25-2013, 10:36 PM
same here, no trowing knifes available