PDA

View Full Version : Please let us skip the hacking next time

tymaster50
11-22-2013, 07:49 PM
especially that one where you have to get the blue ball through the red lines. If this is in the next game I won't be buying it. I want to play an awesome pirate game, not play this worlds hardest game ripoff.

DetroitPlaya
11-22-2013, 07:52 PM
You barely have to do it... :/

EVA Spartan 317
11-22-2013, 07:54 PM
I agree with at some point! That kind of hacking was my nightmare! :rolleyes: Anyway I will still buy the game!

DetroitPlaya
11-22-2013, 07:56 PM
You have around three you HAVE TO do in the game, and they aren't hard + you can look up solutions on the internet if they are. Really dramatic to say "I WON'T BUY IT!"

MnemonicSyntax
11-22-2013, 08:05 PM
And I think there's only one "Frogger" type game anyway that's mandatory.

tymaster50
11-22-2013, 08:22 PM
The cloud server was a damn headache, the numbers and stuff were easy but I hated that "bring the blue ball from one end to the other", if you got hit at least once you had to start over, glad we didn't have to fill in all those ball outlines, I would have returned the game and gotten something else if we did haha.

MnemonicSyntax
11-22-2013, 08:24 PM
The cloud server was a damn headache, the numbers and stuff were easy but I hated that "bring the blue ball from one end to the other", if you got hit at least once you had to start over, glad we didn't have to fill in all those ball outlines, I would have returned the game and gotten something else if we did haha.

On that game, if there are no red horizontal lines on the top and bottom of the moving lines, you can ride the line forever as it loops around, giving you time to find a good opening and take a break.

They get much harder, believe me.

ze_topazio
11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
The hacking is ridiculous easy, you might as well give up gaming if you think that's hard.

Ritterkreuz1978
11-22-2013, 09:04 PM
And I think there's only one "Frogger" type game anyway that's mandatory.

Those Frogger style ones as you call them were a stress laden nightmare. I absolutely hated those. If you're going to make something that difficult and that stressful then just make it optional, otherwise they can potentially ruin an otherwise great game.

tymaster50
11-22-2013, 09:08 PM
The hacking is ridiculous easy, you might as well give up gaming if you think that's hard.

saw the elitism coming from a distance

ze_topazio
11-22-2013, 09:18 PM
^ With a spyglass?

MnemonicSyntax
11-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Those Frogger style ones as you call them were a stress laden nightmare. I absolutely hated those. If you're going to make something that difficult and that stressful then just make it optional, otherwise they can potentially ruin an otherwise great game.

They are optional, save one. That's pretty darn optional.

saw the elitism coming from a distance

Considering the game is Frogger like in method, except you move right and not up to reach your goal, the man has a point.

It's not really Elitism if you cannot manage to get past one mini-game, it just means you're not video game inclined.

Landruner
11-22-2013, 10:02 PM
You have around three you HAVE TO do in the game, and they aren't hard + you can look up solutions on the internet if they are. Really dramatic to say "I WON'T BUY IT!"

I understand what you try to say, but actually that claim is not a isolated case or a over exaggerated random pic on some hard feelings toward the modern day - a lot of people did not like those hacking stuff or did not see the point of the modern days at all.
I am not including the people of this forum, but the general feedback of the all concept of those modern days, so I am too much surprised to read again some "I won't buy it" or "I won't buy the next one". true or not in the claim, I believe they are a way too many for not being taken seriously or even being disregarded. General consensus being that the modern days did not work exactly the way or did not get received the way it had been intended in first place.

RoBg03
11-22-2013, 10:04 PM
I have to agree. i really don't care for the modern day missions in any of the games tbh...but the dumb frogger game and the number game were just an annoyance to me. i want to play pirate, i don't want to play a frustrating version of frogger, and i don't want to do math problems. please ubi, in the future, just make the modern storyline stuff into cutscenes. at least there was limited shaun moments in this game, i freaking hate that character...even though 'john' the 'it guy' was almost as annoying.

pacmanate
11-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Translate - "This is too hard, the game sucks"

tymaster50
11-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Yup the game is too hard, I beat the 2 man of wars on the first try and just beat the game, hardest game of all time! I've only had the game for 3 days and I'm going to cry from how difficult it is!

MuddledMuppet2
11-22-2013, 10:16 PM
I can never suppress a sardonically raised eyebrow when I see yet another representation of so-called 'hacking' within games.

Does anyone here actually think for one second that a second rate frogger clone is in any way at all representative of hacking? In the slightest? Seriously, any connection at all?
What next, a pong sub game? Asteroids? Space invaders?

Difficulty has nothing to do with it, tedium has everything.

I'm all for having a willing suspension of disbelief when playing games, but moronic portrayels of what is a totally unrelated activity don't draw me into a game, they just shout out 'YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME!!'

They are frankly pathetic.

DarktheMagister
11-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Frogger?! You're complaining about Frogger?!

Kids now days..... Retro Arcade Gamers must really not understand people like you.

DarktheMagister
11-23-2013, 12:08 AM

You know you could ride the line through the end boundary and come out the other side right?

Timing jumps isn't the hardest thing in the world.

XLT sMasHerZZX
11-23-2013, 12:15 AM
I hated the blue ball/red lines bit as well, I found them frustratingly hard but that's due to certain IRL issues I have.

(Also is it me or was there no achievements for hacking everything?)

ace3001
11-23-2013, 12:46 PM
The Frogger ripoffs with the red lines on bottom and top combined with the transforming lines were terrible. Not impossible, but too stressful regardless. No need to be able to skip, since beating them can result in nice rewards for those who actually push through, but none of them should be mandatory is my opinion. Not even one.

ProletariatPleb
11-23-2013, 12:49 PM
I absolutely hated everytime they pulled you out of the experience by shoving you down the modern day. I don't want it, I want to play a game, don't force me to do mundane things I don't care for.

ace3001
11-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Frogger?! You're complaining about Frogger?!

Kids now days..... Retro Arcade Gamers must really not understand people like you.

Well, we're not paying to play retro arcade games. Old gamers' complaining is a pain, honestly. Sure, games were hard back then, but the world has moved on past the point where challenge was the only thing that video games could offer.

roostersrule2
11-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Frogger is arguably AC's most polished mechanic.

Hans684
11-23-2013, 03:05 PM
-_-

lothario-da-be
11-23-2013, 03:37 PM
The fact that he said i just want to play a PIRATE game says enough for me. Ad to that that he has barely any posts on this forum makes it look even more ridicoulus.

gothpunkboy89
11-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Really going to complain about the hacking. The damn Story Line hacks which are what 3 things are so ridiculously easy to do. Trust me go around after you beat the game to some of the level 3 areas and try and hack then go back and moan about the 3 easy story line ones that I did without even fully paying attention.

And for those of you that said "well I don't want to be taking out of the game for this boring modern day stuff." Guess what the entire story is modern day stuff. The animus and everything that goes on in it is simply an means to an end for the modern day story.

Abstergo wants locations to PoE. They kidnap Desmond and make him relive Altiar's memories

Desmond need to learn how to be an assassin and learn about another PoE. So he lives Ezio's life to gain the skills

Desmond and Crew need to find the PoE Ezio had and hidden. So he relives his time in Rome to know were he hid the PoE

Desmond's mind is fractured by the knowledge of Ezio and Altiar. So Clay has him continue on with Ezio's final mission and learn everything that Ezio and Altair want to teach him.

Finding the temple Juno has Desmond relive the memories of Connor to find the missing key to the sanctuary to help both free her and protect the world from the sun.

Each time the animus is simply a means to the end of the modern day story line.

MnemonicSyntax
11-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Well, we're not paying to play retro arcade games. Old gamers' complaining is a pain, honestly. Sure, games were hard back then, but the world has moved on past the point where challenge was the only thing that video games could offer.

Your complaints about ONE mini-game is a pain, honestly. It's an Assassin's Creed game. You KNEW there would be some sort of modern day scenario, and in 4, it's EXTREMELY limited. What you HAVE to do is maybe ten minutes total, tops.

And yes, the world has moved on, to Achievements. It's the same thing, you just get a shiny badge to show off that you "did it."

I think the throw back was awesome, even if difficult as hell as you progressed through them.

MuddledMuppet2
11-23-2013, 06:24 PM
And for those of you that said "well I don't want to be taking out of the game for this boring modern day stuff." Guess what the entire story is modern day stuff. The animus and everything that goes on in it is simply an means to an end for the modern day story.

Guess what... we know.
Guess what... we didn't buy the game for that part of it.
Guess what... The animus thing was a cool idea for the first game, but now it's just a tedious slog to go through to get to play the game that is advertised

DetroitPlaya
11-23-2013, 06:31 PM
The modern stuff you HAVE TO do is very limited. If you just rush it and don't care the slightest, it's definitely less than an hour accumulated.

Considering how much it was in the past, you have nothing to complain about. You know what you are getting into when buying an AC game. It wouldn't make sense if they suddenly removed all the modern stuff - so be thankful they make the most of it optional.

Hostage_Panzer
11-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Screaming "I didn't buy the game for ____" makes no sense. It's like saying you hate Skyrim because the butterflies will try escaping from you if you'll want to cath them. Modern part of game is there since Ac!, I have no idea of what else did you expect. You won't spend more than 20 minutes outside Animus if you won't want to do it, so what's the problem? Optional minigame that's too diffiicult for you? It's not like you've got to hack all the computers to unlock some overpowered sword or finish the game, it's only for some lore news and achievement. Stop whining already!

DarktheMagister
11-23-2013, 11:47 PM
The problem with these topics is that the modern day stuff is here to stay. It IS what Assassins Creed is about. The sooner people accept that and move on the better.

If you don't like it.... simple solution....don't buy the game.

DetroitPlaya
11-23-2013, 11:54 PM
The problem with these topics is that the modern day stuff is here to stay. It IS what Assassins Creed is about. The sooner people accept that and move on the better.

If you don't like it.... simple solution....don't buy the game.

Exactly. It's the main objective of the game. Pre-IV I hated the modern stuff, but I dealt with it without complaining, but in IV they made it much more interesting PLUS it's optional. Sure you have to leave the animus for what, 10-20 minuted three times, but that's it. If you can't handle that - out of a game which can get you far more than 50 hours? Gosh.

gothpunkboy89
11-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Guess what... we know.
Guess what... we didn't buy the game for that part of it.
Guess what... The animus thing was a cool idea for the first game, but now it's just a tedious slog to go through to get to play the game that is advertised

Yes you did. You know there will be modern parts in it.

You know you will be pulled out of the animus to do something revolving around the modern story line.

The animus and the modern story line is one of the things that keeps this game from becoming a CoD type franchise. For every 1 player that complains and hates on the story there will be at least 1 player who likes the story and is interested in it. Trust me the story related hacks are easy as can be. I went though and hacked every one of the computers because I'm intersted in the story. You have no room to complain about how "hard" they are.

This game is more about running and stabbing people. If you only like the game for the running around stabbing people that is your issue. Others enjoy and even love the rich deep story lines Ubisoft has created.

You don't have to like it. You just can't complain about having to hack 3 terminals in the most easiest way possible. If you honestly think the hacking was hard I order you to go play Contra without the Knonomi Code. See how far you can get in that game before tearing your hair out in frustration.

Or play the Original Super Mario Bros. Get to Bowsers Castle in W8-8. Die then get to start all over again from 1-1. Gamers today are so spoiled.

ace3001
11-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Your complaints about ONE mini-game is a pain, honestly. It's an Assassin's Creed game. You KNEW there would be some sort of modern day scenario, and in 4, it's EXTREMELY limited. What you HAVE to do is maybe ten minutes total, tops.

And yes, the world has moved on, to Achievements. It's the same thing, you just get a shiny badge to show off that you "did it."

I think the throw back was awesome, even if difficult as hell as you progressed through them.
Actually, I liked the modern day stuff, even though I didn't like how the modern day story is no longer going to have a proper conclusion. I did all the hacking segments and gathered all the bits and pieces of info they gave. Which is why I said
No need to be able to skip, since beating them can result in nice rewards for those who actually push through, but none of them should be mandatory is my opinion. above. Just saying that the whole "gaming was so hard back then so everyone should enjoy hard games" thing coming from old gamers is tiring. Parts like that shouldn't be mandatory, since there are many who buy these games just for the historical part. And you can't blame them either, since Ubisoft's marketing almost always covers the historical part only.

itsamea-mario
11-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Why? i mean seriously, you want the game to just give you stuff? May as well remove all gameplay, just a long sequence of cutscenes.

HiddenKiller612
11-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Reminds me of a friend of mine, he found one of the missions "too hard" so he automatically assumed it "sucked ***". I laughed, and became frustrated, having to watch him fail the mission over and over again. Quite painful to watch...

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2013, 10:12 AM
I disliked any section where they ruined my immersion by pulling me out of the animus to do tiresome chores in present day.

Hacking minigames...ehh
Multiplication is baby tier.
The move dot to other side thing is just frustrating not hard.
Can't remember if there was any other...

I didn't ever feel like I had to use my brain to solve these. Good hacking minigame example would be Deus Ex HR IMO.

pacmanate
11-25-2013, 10:16 AM
I never tried to figure out the puzzles, I just moved the analogue stick anywhere until I got it, which surprising didn't take long for any of them.

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2013, 10:24 AM
I never tried to figure out the puzzles, I just moved the analogue stick anywhere until I got it, which surprising didn't take long for any of them.
The fanbase is too diverse(for the worse) for them to make drastic changes, they should just implement a difficulty selection already.

http://i.minus.com/iPhygdSReWm18.jpg

ace3001
11-25-2013, 10:33 AM
I did the same for the globe things. You don't really have to think. Just randomly move everywhere and you'll get it in a while.
But the frogger ripoff didn't work like that, sadly. It's good for people who think frustration = challenge, I think, but not enjoyable for anyone else.

BATISTABUS
11-25-2013, 10:54 AM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/eziofacepalm_zps7cd9e4d8.png

Wha...I jus....I don't...

Next people will be creating threads talking about how climbing to the top of viewpoints is too hard. Seriously, this was a cool mechanic. God forbid you have to retry it a few times. Also, you're only forced to do this A SINGLE TIME. If that prevents you from buying a game...

gothpunkboy89
11-25-2013, 10:37 PM
See the really funny thing is they want to skip the hacking. But the hacking is story related. And the only ones you have to do. And are the easiest there. Honestly I did the frogger one without even looking really and the orb one is so much like the hack from Ratchet and Clank Going Commando's Infiltrator gadget did it without even trying.

If the game forced you to hack every computer to continue then yes you would have valid point.

And again about the being pulled out of the animus. They have been doing that since AC1. You should realize it will happen every now and then. And when they pull you out it is never in the middle of something important.

twenty_glyphs
11-25-2013, 11:18 PM
I wasn't a fan of the hacking minigames either. I liked having a lot of stuff to unlock, I just didn't like the execution of the minigames. AC2 and Brotherhood's puzzles are still my favorite of the series, even though I know they weren't everyone's cup of tea. I just really liked the way that solving AC2's puzzles was also getting you into the lore and history of the AC universe. The decryption wheels, interesting paintings/photos, and cryptic symbols (many of which were things like Mayan or Sumerian number symbols) added a lot to the puzzles for me. There was a lot of atmosphere and character to them, so even something like picking out 5 of 10 paintings that had an apple in them seemed interesting.

In AC4, you're just playing this abstract minigame in a generic computer environment, and they were all pretty uninspired. The Frogger clone was definitely the worst one of all. I found it frustrating, but not completely awful. The sphere one was pretty silly and random. I did resort to just moving in random directions until I "solved" those puzzles.

Kaschra
11-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Are people seriously complaining that hacking is to hard?
WTF

DetroitPlaya
11-25-2013, 11:54 PM
I think it's.... Lobby, Entrace/Exit - on the right coming from the elevator.. (first on left coming from the entrance to the building)? Which is considered the hardest. Go try that.

The ones for the story are literally just move randomly for 10 seconds = done. I didn't put any thoughts into most of the 33 (34).

Dev_Anj
11-26-2013, 06:19 AM
The fanbase is too diverse(for the worse) for them to make drastic changes, they should just implement a difficulty selection already.

http://i.minus.com/iPhygdSReWm18.jpg

But why should Assassin's Creed games have a difficulty setting? They are mostly ridiculously easy outside of some annoying sections! Black Flag looks harder than most of the Assassin's Creed titles except Assassin's Creed 1 though.

Thayin2012
11-26-2013, 06:32 AM
I never found it that hard, and I think that if you view the data you stole, itbis actually interesting. It definitely made hacking worth it, especially for the challenging one with the blue ball.

ProletariatPleb
11-26-2013, 06:38 AM
But why should Assassin's Creed games have a difficulty setting? They are mostly ridiculously easy outside of some annoying sections! Black Flag looks harder than most of the Assassin's Creed titles except Assassin's Creed 1 though.
because I want to have a tougher game and not one that is dumbed down to ridiculous levels to appeal to fools, the lowest common denominator?

Dev_Anj
11-26-2013, 08:10 AM
because I want to have a tougher game and not one that is dumbed down to ridiculous levels to appeal to fools, the lowest common denominator?

I was thinking more like there's no need to make Assassin's Creed more easier than it already is.

As for making it harder, shouldn't that be done without making it annoying? I've not seen that happen in any Assassin's Creed game, with the exception of maybe some tombs(which honestly are still pretty hand holding as far as platformer levels go).

xx-pyro
11-26-2013, 10:23 AM

This post made me chuckle.

ProletariatPleb
11-26-2013, 10:30 AM
This post made me chuckle.
But why

Sushiglutton
11-26-2013, 03:55 PM
The modern day should just be scrapped all together for future games imo. It's clear they have put a ton of effort into it, but it feels like a total waste. For me it just makes the game a bit worse (after all you are only forced to play a couple of fairly short stretches). I pretty much agree with the OP. Why would I want to move around a dot or superposition some waves in a grey Canadian office, when I could be sailing around the Caribbean?

DynaRider
11-26-2013, 04:31 PM
For those saying don't buy the game if you think it's too hard: Uhhhhh think about that for a minute if you can concentrate that long. The only way you're going to find out if a particular requirement is too hard is if you have bought the game and are playing it. Realize too that there are thousands of people with varying skills and abilities enjoying the game until they reach a point that frustrates them. Those points will be different for different people and what might be easy for you could be near impossible for another. There are things that should be observed when players are testing the games during development and if they have hired a diverse bunch of testers some of the more difficult parts of the game should have surfaced. Reading through the various threads about difficulties with the underwater tasks, the tailing missions, the eavesdropping requirements and various other points illustrate what I've said. Game developers don't need to make the game any easier to play but they do need to provide a way past an area that a player may be having a problem with. Ever try to teach someone how to drive a car with a manual transmission? Some people never do figure it out while others just seem to do it naturally.

DetroitPlaya
11-26-2013, 04:35 PM
The modern day should just be scrapped all together for future games imo. It's clear they have put a ton of effort into it, but it feels like a total waste. For me it just makes the game a bit worse (after all you are only forced to play a couple of fairly short stretches). I pretty much agree with the OP. Why would I want to move around a dot or superposition some waves in a grey Canadian office, when I could be sailing around the Caribbean?

Some people care about it, and they already made the most optional. I could see if they forced you to stay out as much as in the past games, but you literally leave for 10 min, then back in for many, many hours.

If you do EVERYTHING 100% (including modern day), you play.. an hour outside, compare that to... 50-60 hours in the Animus. That's how much I spent at least. Atm I'm close to a total of 100 hours (with 15 hours being MP).

Sushiglutton
11-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Some people care about it, and they already made the most optional. I could see if they forced you to stay out as much as in the past games, but you literally leave for 10 min, then back in for many, many hours.

If you do EVERYTHING 100% (including modern day), you play.. an hour outside, compare that to... 50-60 hours in the Animus. That's how much I spent at least. Atm I'm close to a total of 100 hours (with 15 hours being MP).

Yeah like I said it only makes the experience a bit worse, it's not close to being a deal breaker for me at all. I'm just saying that if it was up to me I would just ctrl+A => delete the entire modern day code ;).

SpiritMuse
11-26-2013, 04:53 PM
The modern day has always been my favorite part of the game, really, to the point where the "past" experiences sometimes almost felt like filler, especially in ACIV where it took me until sequence 8 before I finally started caring about what happened to Edward and his merry band of pirates. I don't feel that it breaks my immersion at all to be pulled out of the Animus. Sure, it's a switch, but it has always been the "gimmick" of the AC games that they presented themselves as essentially a game within a game.

I will agree that some of the puzzles are a bit frustrating, and I do find their design a bit uninspired. My favorites were the ones in AC2 and ACB, which were often more like riddles than puzzles.

ace3001
11-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Yeah like I said it only makes the experience a bit worse, it's not close to being a deal breaker for me at all. I'm just saying that if it was up to me I would just ctrl+A => delete the entire modern day code ;).
As long as it's optional, why do you want it gone? Does it bother you so much that there's an optional part of the game that you don't enjoy?

Sushiglutton
11-26-2013, 05:07 PM
As long as it's optional, why do you want it gone? Does it bother you so much that there's an optional part of the game that you don't enjoy?

It's not entirely optional. If I could remove the none-optional parts I would.

ace3001
11-26-2013, 05:09 PM
It's not entirely optional. If I could remove the none-optional parts I would.

I agree that it should be made optional, at least. Especially since their marketing department conveniently "forgets" to mention it every time.

ProletariatPleb
11-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Except it isn't. The modern day initially had potential but it's gone down the ****ter and I don't want it anymore. My experience is ruined because they decide to pull me out of the animus to do stupid BS in present day timeline which I don't give a rat's *** about anymore.

ace3001
11-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Except it isn't. The modern day initially had potential but it's gone down the ****ter and I don't want it anymore. My experience is ruined because they decide to pull me out of the animus to do stupid BS in present day timeline which I don't give a rat's *** about anymore.Like I said above, I certainly agree that it should be fully optional. I usually like the modern day, but didn't like being pulled out of the animus this time at all.
Ended up doing all the hacking later on for the bits and pieces of info and jokes anyway, though.
What I feel is that they should've made it so that you could go through the entire historical story without being pulled out.

DetroitPlaya
11-26-2013, 05:19 PM
So, should all the assassin stuff be optional?

Seeing as the overall storyline is in the modern world, that would make just as much sense with the logic in this thread.

;)

Sushiglutton
11-26-2013, 05:28 PM

Seeing as the overall storyline is in the modern world, that would make just as much sense with the logic in this thread.

;)

I don't really think it's about logic, it's about what you enjoy and not (which is kind of important in an entertainment product). For me the modern part has collapsed and I don't want to invest any more time or energy in it. It's just an anoyance at this point that takes me out of the experience whenever it occurs. So to me it would be better if they just cut it. Others may feel differently. I do believe they sold more copies based on the pirate/assassin part than the office/hacking part though :p

DetroitPlaya
11-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Still, it's a significant part of the series - whether people like it or not. Modern day stuff ties it all together.

Can't really just remove a very important element of the series, and as stated elsewhere - you know when you buy an AC game that there will be some modern stuff.

However, the modern day stuff is far better now in my opinion. The things they scattered around the animus via Subject 16, is essentially what happens in modern day now. Meaning they can focus more on the assassin story when you are IN the animus, and not have distractions such as strange glyph - someone like Shaun/Reb talk to you while an assassin, etc..

//meNitpicking

Of course, they left the animus fragments - which I consider "bugs" since it makes sense in the context.. But I hope they remove them - as I feel they were pointless. If they remove that, there's nothing IN the animus to break the atmosphere. And really, the fact that the fragments are a part of having 100% sync in side activities, is a bit on the "Eh.." side. But that's likely because I still consider the side stuff as "How Edward did it" if you get 100% in them. So it makes sense he did the side missions, collected chests, etc... But he never encountered animus fragments.

//meNitpicking

Edit: I realise it can also be seen as something A.E. added as an extra challenge, but one thing I DON'T want to start happening; Abstergo Entertainment altering the simulation. It's fine for getting Connor and Haytham's outfit/colours. But I don't like the idea of alterting various things; such as the animus fragments being added.

Jexx21
11-26-2013, 05:50 PM
When I get to the modern day segments I do everything there is available and then lament the fact that there isn't any more things to hack.

But Johhhn, I don't want to go back to my Animus yet. Let me talk to the barista guy!

ProletariatPleb
11-26-2013, 05:54 PM

;)
Or, since they aren't shy of overusing cutscenes they could just do cutscenes of vital information, I don't mind having a little cutscene explain some modern day parts but the 'gameplay'(lol) in modern day is neither exciting nor relevant. I was na´ve enough to believe once that "I play this game for the story, hurr durr" but now I've come to realize the main pillar for any game is gameplay, everything else is dressing and secondary. You can have games without stories but you cannot have games without gameplay.
No sane person will tell you, "I like getting my immersion ruined for the story!"

And what sort of logic is that? "Historic setting wouldn't exist without present day." It's just a damn plotdevice!

Some people like present day? Well fine, make it optional, don't ruin my immersion.

Jexx21
11-26-2013, 06:03 PM
i actually would feel more immersed if I got taken out of the animus more often and had to get food and go home and sleep and then come back and stuff.

SpiritMuse
11-26-2013, 06:18 PM
When I get to the modern day segments I do everything there is available and then lament the fact that there isn't any more things to hack.

But Johhhn, I don't want to go back to my Animus yet. Let me talk to the barista guy!

Yeah, that was me too. It always bugged me that there wasn't any more interaction with my coworkers. At the very least let me buy coffee from Shaun!

Jexx21
11-26-2013, 06:37 PM
I actually do think what you quoted, but I was just joking around with the having to go home and sleep stuff.

However, it did actually make me feel more immersed in the game to be taken out of the Animus, just because it further reinforces the concept that I'm reliving history (well, a fictionalized version, but real in the game world).

FrankieSatt
11-26-2013, 07:15 PM
I agree about the hacking. The "Frogger" Puzzle is the worst concept for hacking that I've ever seen It should never be used again, FOR ANYTHING.