PDA

View Full Version : Controller or Mouse/Keyboard?

Chubzdoomer
11-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Before I get too far into this game (AC4), I just figured I'd ask you guys: Is this game best played with a controller or mouse and keyboard?

For example: Are there lots of projectile-based weapons and missions/sections that require quick, precise aiming that only a mouse can truly provide? Or is the combat mostly swordfighting with the occasional use of items here and there?

I started playing Tomb Raider with a controller but found that although its movement felt better, I was having a hard time aiming my weapons (since combat revolved almost entirely around bows and guns) so I switched over to M&KB pretty early on in the game and stuck with it all throughout. Since this game kind of reminds me of Tomb Raider in a few ways, that's another reason I'm asking. This is my first Assassin's Creed, so I don't quite know what to expect.

Thanks for any suggestions/responses.

MnemonicSyntax
11-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I've always used a 360 controller.

AC4 introduces Free Aim, but it's not that difficult. Generally, if you're going to use your guns, it'll be the quick, rapid succession of shooting your gun which auto aims in mid combat. However, any other time I've used Free Aim, I was usually in brush and able to hide and take my time aiming and shooting, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be, especially as a guy that absolutely prefers and feels that FPS's should be on PC (due to the precision mouse aiming) only and not consoles.

EP3nquin
11-22-2013, 06:47 PM
I agrree with MnemonicSyntax, I prefer the controller better for the game over Mouse and keyboard, as i am in most games. but really it coes down to personal preference and what your hads are more comfortable with for the hours you will be playing this game

MnemonicSyntax
11-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Also, it would seem that there is some issues with the weapon selector in that there's no way to select throwing knives. I'm going to test this soon though, hopefully there's a solution and we're just not seeing it.

MnemonicSyntax
11-23-2013, 05:56 PM
I tested this and even in the control settings, there's no option for the throwing knife. This probably needs to be reported to Support.