PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the framerate ?

Milenchy
11-22-2013, 11:01 AM
It doesn't matter if I put it on high or very low, the framerate stays the same (15-20). What sorcery is this ?

Ramante.pt
11-22-2013, 03:51 PM
i have the same issue....

o_sania
11-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Try this!
THe cause:
So the cause of frame drop is vsync (if your fps between 30-60) it will reduce it to 30 fps.
Solution
Force triple buffering!!!! To do it use programm D3DOVERRIDER add AS4BFSP.exe and force triple buffering On - You will saw your FPS wont reduce to 30 again)

crystaltribe
11-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Try this!
THe cause:
So the cause of frame drop is vsync (if your fps between 30-60) it will reduce it to 30 fps.
Solution
Force triple buffering!!!! To do it use programm D3DOVERRIDER add AS4BFSP.exe and force triple buffering On - You will saw your FPS wont reduce to 30 again)

Where can I find a good version of D3DOVERRIDER!?!? I need it so bad.

o_sania
11-22-2013, 05:56 PM
http://sharemobile.ro/file/708517 then press Download this file - its dirrect link!

Milenchy
11-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Try this!
THe cause:
Solution
It's not 30, it's always between 15-20 fps.

o_sania
11-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Everybody have their own config - so i told you my! I have geforce 680 and it must do 60 fps like in assassin creed 3 but it cant because of vsync problem. With d3doverrider it stable gives me 60 fps, and drop to 50 when rain etc. So now with force triple buffering on ints normal smooth gameplay.

So the question of this topic was what make framerate drops a lot. So if you with turn off vsync get 15-20 fps its mean lower your graphic setting.

AnthonyA85
11-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Well, the optimization is extremely sloppy for a start, from what's been said around the forums, but then again, this is Ubisoft, the PC ports of their games have ALWAYS been poorly optimised, it's just really a case of hit and miss between players on how good their performance will be.

On AC3 i usually got average of 25 fps or so, sometimes it'd drop right down to 10, but would rarely stay that low.

What are your CPU specs? I know the minimum says 2.6, but i think anything below 3 ghz is gonna struggle,

crystaltribe
11-22-2013, 10:33 PM
http://sharemobile.ro/file/708517 then press Download this file - its dirrect link!

Thanks!! I got it to work by not running precision x because of rivastatistics... I noticed that even though it made sound I still got screen tearing. I guess it wasn't working. When I use VSYNC it makes a big performance hit.. So forcing triple buffering I hoped would fix it I guess not ><. Any tips? It's faster without vsync, if theres some way to enable triple buffering without vsync? lol

Loucmachine.Joe
11-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks!! I got it to work by not running precision x because of rivastatistics... I noticed that even though it made sound I still got screen tearing. I guess it wasn't working. When I use VSYNC it makes a big performance hit.. So forcing triple buffering I hoped would fix it I guess not ><. Any tips? It's faster without vsync, if theres some way to enable triple buffering without vsync? lol
unfortunately v sync is made to counter tearing... its one or the other until G-sync arrive...
What you can do tho is putting a fps limit on rivatuner @ 58fps. It will reduce tearing alot and you ll get your non v sync performances :)

Milenchy
11-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Well, the optimization is extremely sloppy for a start, from what's been said around the forums, but then again, this is Ubisoft, the PC ports of their games have ALWAYS been poorly optimised, it's just really a case of hit and miss between players on how good their performance will be.

On AC3 i usually got average of 25 fps or so, sometimes it'd drop right down to 10, but would rarely stay that low.

What are your CPU specs? I know the minimum says 2.6, but i think anything below 3 ghz is gonna struggle,
On AC3 I had a great performance... and then a patch came out and it became a slideshow.

Stiler
11-23-2013, 02:58 AM
unfortunately v sync is made to counter tearing... its one or the other until G-sync arrive...
What you can do tho is putting a fps limit on rivatuner @ 58fps. It will reduce tearing alot and you ll get your non v sync performances :)

No no no, when using Triple buffering you use it WITH vsync on, do not turn off vsync.

Triple buffering allows the game to use 3 buffers (vs 2 like normal) and when the fps does go below 60 it doesn't lock it to 30 fps.

So used D3doverider and turn on triple buffering but leave vsync on as well, this will stop screen tearing and also keep the game from locking you to 30fps and thus you will get better performance.

The reason is that the way games work, normally with two buffers the game draws a frame (what you see) and buffers one behind this, and swaps them out, when it is delayed (It lag) you see a tear when the image gets swapped and it wasn't finished rendering.

With triple buffering it has a third image to draw from so it puts two frames ahead, the one you are seeing and the one after that, meanwhile the rendering is working on the third image when it swaps the one that's rendered for the second one, thus no tearing and less lag..

Milenchy
11-23-2013, 09:05 AM
How long do I have to wait for them to fix the game ? :(