PDA

View Full Version : Uplay does not recognize installation

ThreePinkApples
11-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Hello

So, I bout the game on retail and installed from the DVD's, but Uplay does not recognize that the game is installed
If I try to start the game from the shortcut it made I just get an error, if I try to start the game from the .exe file Uplay starts but nothing more happens
Uplay wants me to download the game, but as said, it is installed.

Only way to start the game is by setting Uplay in offline mode and starting directly from the .exe file, that works somehow...

Any ideas?

Oh, and also, CrossFire on AMD cards gives lower FPS fyi

Ineaos
11-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Just want to chime in, I got the same problem. Funny thing is when I go to my account through my browser I can see that the game is linked to my account, but Uplay still wants me to download the game even though I already have it installed

EP3nquin
11-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Just want to chime in, I got the same problem. Funny thing is when I go to my account through my browser I can see that the game is linked to my account, but Uplay still wants me to download the game even though I already have it installed

only thing I can think of is uplay installs it in different location the DVD maybe?? other then that I would try to DL it if possible