PDA

View Full Version : launch problems. plz help

aflipinflamingo
11-22-2013, 10:14 AM
I have reinstalled the game with steam and reinstalled uplay a few time and still come up with the same problem.

when I hit play through uplay it tells me its running and so dose steam but it never pops up. but weirder in task manger the application is not running but it dose say my processes is running it and through there is the only way I can close the program. I have never seen anything like and don't know what to do or how to fix it. I have an asus g75 witch should run the game. if anyone could plz help it would be very appreciated. I didn't spend $60 for nothing and I don't want a refund I really just wanna enjoy this amazing game.

sway0
11-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Yeh we are having the same problem mate... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810659-ACS4-uplay-PROBLEM-game-wont-start/page2

sway0
11-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Ok found a fix... Something called bitguard got installed.. uninstall that stupid peice of ****.. and you should be good. Thanks to some awesome guy called Dont worry http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/666826703576165450/

Ramante.pt
11-22-2013, 03:40 PM
that didn't work for me.. i keep getting a black screen on single player startup...

EP3nquin
11-22-2013, 03:46 PM
I have reinstalled the game with steam and reinstalled uplay a few time and still come up with the same problem.

when I hit play through uplay it tells me its running and so dose steam but it never pops up. but weirder in task manger the application is not running but it dose say my processes is running it and through there is the only way I can close the program. I have never seen anything like and don't know what to do or how to fix it. I have an asus g75 witch should run the game. if anyone could plz help it would be very appreciated. I didn't spend $60 for nothing and I don't want a refund I really just wanna enjoy this amazing game.

what are your system specs? do you have any thrid party apps like Raptr running in the background? are you running it via steam>uplay or Just stright from Uplay ?

sway0
11-22-2013, 04:11 PM
ahh so now ya got the black screen of death. Yeh that is usualy a hardware or driver problem from what I hear.

Ethan_Lysander
11-22-2013, 10:25 PM
that didn't work for me.. i keep getting a black screen on single player startup...

I had the same problem, and I've just managed to fix it. Mine was due to a faulty PunkBuster installation, but i recieved no error message to advise me.

1. Install the game.
2. Go to punkbuster.com and download and install punkbuster.
3. When punkbuster installs select "add a game" (or something similar) from the top menu, select AC4 and tell punkbuster were your copy is located.
4. You can now exit punkbuster. If it prompts you to save say yes.

now this is were i might have screwed up a little...

5. I open uplay and went into offline mode (left click the cog icon on top right menu)
6. Uplay should shut down and reopen in off-line mode.
7. I then started AC4 single player offline with no problems.
8. Exit AC4 single player.
9. Put Uplay back into on-line mode.
10. Start AC4 single player (It may prompt you to download a patch @ 200mb approx.)
11. Once the patch is downloaded the game should run fine.

NB: You might be able to skip steps 5-9.

Good luck.