PDA

View Full Version : Extremely laggy on PC!

Genzashi
11-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Hi, I have all of the other Assassin's Creed games on my PC, and they run really well, but this one is too laggy to play, even with everything lowered as much as possible!

I am using a Mac, with Windows 8.1 through Bootcamp. I'm not sure what my specs are, but I can run the third game without any lag or problem with decent video and resolution. Is there anything I can do to fix this? It looks like a lot of people seem to be having this problem, as well.......

Loucmachine.Joe
11-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Hi, I have all of the other Assassin's Creed games on my PC, and they run really well, but this one is too laggy to play, even with everything lowered as much as possible!

I am using a Mac, with Windows 8.1 through Bootcamp. I'm not sure what my specs are, but I can run the third game without any lag or problem with decent video and resolution. Is there anything I can do to fix this? It looks like a lot of people seem to be having this problem, as well.......
Update you drivers and disable v sync. V-sync in this game will lock you @ 30fps if you drop 1 fps under 60.

Btw nobody can help you if you dont know and cant post your specs... and you ll always have ****ty performances with bootcamp compared to equivalent Hardware on a PC

strigoi1958
11-22-2013, 01:28 AM
The game is incredible and running brilliantly on my pc but my settings are all high not ultra except godrays are low.
GTX670 2GB, Intel i5 3570k, ASUS P8Z77-V LX, 8GB kingston DDR3 KHX1600, BENQ GL2450T, Windows 7 64 bit
and I'm using 314.22 the best driver Nvidia make to date.
NOTHING IS OVERCLOCKED ON MY SYSTEM CPU runs at 3.4

pladpenguin00
11-22-2013, 04:13 AM
Update you drivers and disable v sync. V-sync in this game will lock you @ 30fps if you drop 1 fps under 60.

Btw nobody can help you if you dont know and cant post your specs... and you ll always have ****ty performances with bootcamp compared to equivalent Hardware on a PC

I have a GTX 780, intel i7 3930k, 16gb of ram, win8.1 and i am having the same problem, stupid amounts of lag, i have the updated drivers and ive lowered the settings. i can play just about all the other games that have come out recently on max settings: Ghost, BF4, Batman

Ive changed the compatability settings and tried both 7 and 8, uninstalled and reinstalled, even moved it to my solid state drive where my OS is. im running out of idea... so any idea's... and dont say its my hardware cause i know its not.

Loucmachine.Joe
11-22-2013, 04:41 AM
I have a GTX 780, intel i7 3930k, 16gb of ram, win8.1 and i am having the same problem, stupid amounts of lag, i have the updated drivers and ive lowered the settings. i can play just about all the other games that have come out recently on max settings: Ghost, BF4, Batman

Ive changed the compatability settings and tried both 7 and 8, uninstalled and reinstalled, even moved it to my solid state drive where my OS is. im running out of idea... so any idea's... and dont say its my hardware cause i know its not.
TURN OFF THE V SYNC IT LOCK YOU AT 30 FPS

Jeez read what i wrote !

pladpenguin00
11-22-2013, 04:53 AM
TURN OFF THE V SYNC IT LOCK YOU AT 30 FPS

Jeez read what i wrote !

READ WHAT I WROTE what part of lowered setting does not make sense. V sync is off . still lag... :)

Loucmachine.Joe
11-22-2013, 05:00 AM
READ WHAT I WROTE what part of lowered setting does not make sense. V sync is off . still lag... :)
Then something is wrong cuz my 780 has no issue on this game maxed out...
Is you gpu set to ''prefer maximum performance''?

pladpenguin00
11-22-2013, 05:42 AM
If i am looking in the correct place ive tried running it with max quality and max performance in the Nvidia control panel. If im looking in the wrong place directions would be nice. and the more and more time i spend trying to fix it i am not sure if it is a graphics problem. cause like i said i can run any other game on the highest settings with ease. AC4 seems to be almost freezing for a second to a couple seconds. its only using up 20% of my cpu and 30%of my ram and the system temp is only going up 8-10C which is normal.
ive uninstalled it and re installed it too

OldD06
11-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Lou is a ****en *******. Probably works for ubi

OldD06
11-22-2013, 07:18 AM
****en *******

Mistwaver
11-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Then something is wrong cuz my 780 has no issue on this game maxed out...
Is you gpu set to ''prefer maximum performance''?

You're right, something is wrong - Ubisoft believes you generally won't worry about performance in PC games because you can always just go out and buy a bigger GPU. Obviously he just needs to go out and buy four GeForce Titans to setup in dual-SLI so he can run the game with no lag.

Genzashi
11-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Even weirder... I just tried playing my game today, and everything was extremely laggy, even on the lowest settings, but when I play multiplayer, things could not look clearer or move smoother. You would think multiplayer would be worse than single player, but I was getting WAY better response by playing online than I was in the single player... Strange!

ace3001
11-23-2013, 10:16 AM
and you ll always have ****ty performances with bootcamp compared to equivalent Hardware on a PCI'm beginning to think you have no idea what you're talking about. Boot camp allows Windows to be run natively on a Mac, which nowadays is a PC which has the same kind of hardware that we find on other PCs.

But yes, he needs to find out what his specs are before anyone can say anything.

flush_531
11-24-2013, 02:12 AM
i7 3930k at 4.0
16gig ram
titan 331.82-driver
windows 7
intel ssd 530-240gig

Got a pretty similar setup to you with a titan instead of the 780 capped at 60fps max settings no V sync no FPS drops.
You should be getting the same fps as mine if you can MAX ghosts and BF4

IDefectedI
11-24-2013, 02:27 AM
i7 3930k at 4.0
16gig ram
titan 331.82-driver
windows 7
intel ssd 530-240gig

Got a pretty similar setup to you with a titan instead of the 780 capped at 60fps max settings no V sync no FPS drops.

<ENUM Width="2560" Height="1440" RefreshRate="60" />
</RESOLUTION>
<OPTION Name="VSYNC" Registered="True" Type="Bool" Value="true" />
<OPTION Name="AA" Registered="True" Type="Integer" Value="2">
<RANGE MinValue="0" MaxValue="14" NumSteps="0" />
</OPTION>
<OPTION Name="ENVIRONMENT" Registered="True" Type="Integer" Value="4">
<RANGE MinValue="0" MaxValue="4" NumSteps="0" />
</OPTION>
<OPTION Name="TEXTURES" Registered="True" Type="Integer" Value="2">
<RANGE MinValue="0" MaxValue="2" NumSteps="0" />
</OPTION>
<OPTION Name="SHADOWS" Registered="True" Type="Integer" Value="5">
<RANGE MinValue="0" MaxValue="6" NumSteps="0" />
</OPTION>
<OPTION Name="REFLECTIONS" Registered="True" Type="Integer" Value="2">
</OPTION>
<OPTION Name="GODRAYS" Registered="True" Type="Integer" Value="1">
</OPTION>
<OPTION Name="MOTIONBLUR" Registered="True" Type="Bool" Value="true" />
<OPTION Name="SSAO" Registered="True" Type="Integer" Value="3">
<RANGE MinValue="0" MaxValue="3" NumSteps="0" />
</OPTION>
<OPTION Name="VOLUMETRIC_FOG" Registered="True" Type="Bool" Value="true" />
</GAMESETTINGS>
</GSA_SDK>

New settings -- (GTX 780 sli) + ( i7 3770k Overclocked 4.4) Kingston this game almost runs 60 solid but unfortunately many parts stutter. Sure I can get 60 solid at times, but also get stuttering. I would say 69% 60 fps and 29% stuttering. If I disable sli my fps count plummets.

IDefectedI
11-24-2013, 02:31 AM
i7 3930k at 4.0
16gig ram
titan 331.82-driver
windows 7
intel ssd 530-240gig

How are you not getting one fps drop?

flush_531
11-24-2013, 02:59 AM
im playing on 1080p at the moment, where do you get the FPS drops so i can test it

UdyrXinTheHouse
11-24-2013, 03:02 AM

go here to find your computer specs, AND wether or not your even able to run AC:

www.Systemrequirementslab.com

Click my computer details for your PC specs, and post them here.

or

Click in the search box and type in : Assassin then choose which assassin's creed game and click the button to see if you pass minimum or reccomended.

IF you pass minimum, It can be a number of things from resolution up too high, to graphics up too high.

Loucmachine.Joe
11-24-2013, 03:34 AM
I'm beginning to think you have no idea what you're talking about. Boot camp allows Windows to be run natively on a Mac, which nowadays is a PC which has the same kind of hardware that we find on other PCs.

But yes, he needs to find out what his specs are before anyone can say anything.
Well theorically you are right ... but everybody i ve seen using this were not able to get the same performances of a PC running windows natively... I know Apple parts use different Firmwares so maybe its what plays a role in this ?

Or maybe I am just wrong...

Edit : Sorry about that, i ve made some more researches and noticed my observations were made at time of beta and I stayed with that bad impression.

Loucmachine.Joe
11-24-2013, 04:35 AM
If i am looking in the correct place ive tried running it with max quality and max performance in the Nvidia control panel. If im looking in the wrong place directions would be nice. and the more and more time i spend trying to fix it i am not sure if it is a graphics problem. cause like i said i can run any other game on the highest settings with ease. AC4 seems to be almost freezing for a second to a couple seconds. its only using up 20% of my cpu and 30%of my ram and the system temp is only going up 8-10C which is normal.
ive uninstalled it and re installed it too
Actually i was talking about the option called ''power management mode''
I ve seen someone who had drops and his issue was that it was set to ''adaptive'' instead of ''prefer maximum performance''

So his card was trying to save power and it was slowing down his game... its just a guess tho