PDA

View Full Version : AC IV + Gaming Rig for Beginner?

wackgamertag
11-21-2013, 08:36 PM
I want to get into PC gaming (tired of the console race) and generally have no idea what I'm doing but slowly learning. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for building a gaming rig that could handle AC IV: BF pretty well without going too far over $1500 (for now) all if any help would be greatly appreciated.

abhi.singh
11-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Please fill this up for me and ill help you right away

Are you buying a monitor: Yes / No
Do you need to buy OS: Yes / No
And any preffered parts or company?

wackgamertag
11-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Please fill this up for me and ill help you right away

Are you buying a monitor: Yes / No
Do you need to buy OS: Yes / No
And any preffered parts or company?

No (but any recommended monitors would help)
Yes
Nyc
Not yet.

EP3nquin
11-21-2013, 08:51 PM
I would Look at buying one if you never built a PC before, because trying to find parts that work well together kind be a pain. but if you do plan to by start with the Mobo and make sure every thing you buy works well with it. if you shop right you can make a $500 computer sing

YazX_
11-21-2013, 09:54 PM
1500$ is a very good budget for a good gaming PC, i would recommend these parts:

Core i7 4770k --> 300$ (you should know that the stock cooler is piece of crap, you should get after market cooler, if you prefer air coolers, then get
Cooler Master Hyper 212 (EVO or plus) for 35$)
Asus Z87 Mainboard (wide variety of choices, but i would pick ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO ) --> 150$-200$
EVGA SuperNova G2 1000W Gold PSU (but you could get other brands) --> 140$
Corsair Vengeance or Crucial Tactical Tracer 8 GB RAM --> 100$
(Gigabyte/EVGA with ACX cooler/ASUS Direct CU II) Nvidia 770 GTX --> 330$
Corsair Obsidan or Cooler Master HAF-X CASE --> 150$
Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB SSD (this will be your boot and programs drive) --> 130$
Westren Digital 1 TB H.D.D Caviar Black SATA ||| 7200 RPM --> 100$

Total = around 1500$

Now if you are looking at monitors, there are wide choices of them, if you want to game at 1920 x 1080 on 23-34" monitors, then pick up this one:

Asus VG248QE --> 270$

at the same price, you could get a Korean LED monitor 27" @ 2560 x 1440, those monitors are great and overclocks very well and became very popular, you have two trusted brands:

Qnix and X-Star.

For O.S, i would recommend windows 8.1 x64 Pro, many people hate Windows 8 and im one of them, but windows 8.1 works and can be managed same as windows 7 so dont worry about the metro style crap.

johnsilver13
11-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Few recommendations:

1. Go for EVGA video cards, you will never have a problem. Avoid any budget brand.
2. Go for a Samsung 2ms monitor for gaming, I can imagine you can get them pretty cheap nowadays.
3. Stock coolers on Intel chips are fine if you don't overclock, but as has been said, get a pro cooler, it won't cost you much.
4. Usually, $2k is what you want to spend when building a new gaming rig, spend that extra $500 and it will make a massive difference and last for years longer.
5. Don't try to save money by buying any budget brand gear, you won't save much and you will be left with something that will start having problems in no time.
6. Take your time building it, do your cabling in a neat and proper way, it will make it much easier to maintain.

Have fun, building your own rig is always a fun (and at times, frustrating) experience, and once you have everything up and running, it truly is rewarding.

wackgamertag
11-22-2013, 02:30 AM
This is all great stuff that I'll use as a guideline. I think I will go the extra $500. It'll take a little bit longer but it'll be worth it in the end. Thanks to all who've offered advice thus far. If anyone has anything else to contribute I'd be thankful.

archav3n
11-22-2013, 02:54 AM
This is all great stuff that I'll use as a guideline. I think I will go the extra $500. It'll take a little bit longer but it'll be worth it in the end. Thanks to all who've offered advice thus far. If anyone has anything else to contribute I'd be thankful.

There's alot much more to learn on PC but you will soon find out you are alot more smarter than the console master race ;)