PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 producer says PC optimisation isn't important!!!!

salman147
11-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Optimising games to run more efficiently on PC hardware isn't important, Assassin's Creed 4 associate producer Sylvain Trottier has claimed.

Speaking to Edge about the ease in which the studio achieved results when working on the Xbox One and PS4, Trottier said: "The new platforms are a lot closer to PC, so my engineers could do the R&D on PC and we knew it would work fairly easily on next-gen platforms. It needed to be adapted, but everything does.

"It's always a question of compromise about the effect, how it looks, and the performance it takes from the system. On PC, usually you don't really care about the performance, because the idea is that if it's not [running] fast enough, you buy a bigger GPU. Once you get on console, you can't have this approach."

Look at this too:
http://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-pc-performance-analysis/

Now I'm beginning to think about how they don't care much about PC gamers.That's why they demand RAW PC Power to compensate for their lack of optimization.If buying a new Video card was all necessary then why bother giving a system requirements list?
I'm slowly losing trust in their PC games.I'm beginning to think they'll make more PS4 and X BONE optimized games than PC.What do you think?

Pekka75
11-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Since I am currently not able to play the game at all without and Xbox controller, I totally agree with you.

Loucmachine.Joe
11-21-2013, 10:58 AM
@Pekka, Your issue is pretty specific... I ve been playing with keyboard and mouse all the time and it work perfectly for about everybody...

@Everybody This sentence is out of context. In the actual interview, he is talking about the fact that when you create a game you go full res. and downscale to fit performances of a consoles since there is no way to have better performances on consoles, While on PC they release the whole full res. because there is a way to get the quality without hit on performances... witch is buying better hardware.

He never actually talks about Raw optimisation. Stop seeing in red please.