PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Tailing Missions Overkill (Spoilers)

SupertoastGT
11-21-2013, 08:25 AM
I am really enjoying Assassin's Creed 4, at least in free roam. One issue I have allways had were the tailing missions. They allways drive me crazy, and rather than slowly going away through the series or at least being minimal, in AC 3 AND ESPECIALLY 4, they have stopped my mission progress dead. Beat every AC game from the start other than Revelations (Carrage dragging Ezio bit was bugged) 3 and 4. I am now stuck at a bit where I am tailing Govenor Torez, (Not sure on spelling) and two others through restricted areas. Makes me want to ram my head through my TV. lol Just a suggestion to Ubisoft, in the next AC game, can you take an example from Rockstar and allow us to skip to the next checkpoint after 3 failed attempts or so at a cost of the trophy/achievement? XD Missing out on a ton of content because of these missions. XD Off to another game for now. Thanks, and later. :D

PSN: Supertoast GT. PS3 and PS4

AstusOz
11-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Rockstar really introduced a 'dummy spit' option in GTA5? ahahaha

SupertoastGT
11-21-2013, 09:07 AM
It's good that they did. A few missions were just BS. Like one in a snowy area where they somehow expected you to fight of at least 25 enemies at once while chasing somone. XD Why not have us juggle 300 elephants on a unicycle over a bed of flaming spikes and lava while balancing on dental floss. XD

PSN: SupertoastGT. PS3 and PS4

ace3001
11-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Ability to skip missions is a bad idea. It will be an excuse for developers to come up with more chore-to-play missions. Instead, they should focus on making well designed missions that are not frustrating.

DetroitPlaya
11-21-2013, 10:11 AM
They made far less tailing/eavesdrops missions, but I sincerely hope the one day let us play as an assassin who have people to do those stupid chores for you.

DarktheMagister
11-21-2013, 11:05 AM
That sounds a tad bit.....I dunno.. lazy.

The tailing missions are all about stealth kills in swift succession.

As for the one with Torres and Rodgers... just highlight them with EV and then you'll be able to see them through the walls.

Start by heading toward the gap in the fence on the left. Kill the guard from the bush. Then Up into the barn/warehouse second story. Kill the sentry. Then across the street. Kill the guard and climb the top of the big warehouse. As they go through it make sure to look down so that EV keeps them highlighted. There may be a rooftop sniper up there so kill him. And then... the mission ends.

SupertoastGT
11-21-2013, 11:32 AM
No gap in a fence. XD No guard near a bush. All the while, with armies of guards around while you have to stay in the circle. Rediculous. It just can't be done. Broken mission. Patch in a skip option, Ubiaoft... Seriously.

DarktheMagister
11-21-2013, 11:35 AM
I assumed you meant the one with Torres and the small group of guys... but if you mean the one with him and the Old guy when you first get to Kingston...then...I cannot help you... because that one was just... run from hay bale to hay bale and over rooftops.

SupertoastGT
11-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Woo! I got lucky. Decided to just charge in and sleep dart everyone while staying behind them. Used all 15. Anger/frustration can be a powerfull ally. Got the "Wild West Indies trophy at the end on accident. XD That was a BS mission. Thank god for flukes.

Dutchman141
11-21-2013, 01:30 PM
I agree with the OP. Although I managed to get thrue that particular mission I think those tailing missions are a drag.
Climbing a building and get to a certain point without being noticed and then listen in on what the target has to say is fine by me.
But staying withing this circle and tailing someone isn't my cup of tea either. Everytime a mission like that starts I go like "Arrgh not another one of those!!"

LoyalACFan
11-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Rediculous. It just can't be done. Broken mission. Patch in a skip option, Ubiaoft... Seriously.

LOL. I don't like the tailing missions either, though for different reasons... They're not hard, they're just silly. "Eavesdrop on these guys while surreptitiously killing ALL of their guys..."

saicharanb93
11-21-2013, 02:24 PM
I am really enjoying Assassin's Creed 4, at least in free roam. One issue I have allways had were the tailing missions. They allways drive me crazy, and rather than slowly going away through the series or at least being minimal, in AC 3 AND ESPECIALLY 4, they have stopped my mission progress dead. Beat every AC game from the start other than Revelations (Carrage dragging Ezio bit was bugged) 3 and 4. I am now stuck at a bit where I am tailing Govenor Torez, (Not sure on spelling) and two others through restricted areas. Makes me want to ram my head through my TV. lol Just a suggestion to Ubisoft, in the next AC game, can you take an example from Rockstar and allow us to skip to the next checkpoint after 3 failed attempts or so at a cost of the trophy/achievement? XD Missing out on a ton of content because of these missions. XD Off to another game for now. Thanks, and later. :D

PSN: Supertoast GT. PS3 and PS4

absolutely, and totally agree with you!!

RoBg03
11-21-2013, 04:22 PM
While the tailing missions are probably the toughest missions in the game...they are not as hard as you make them out to be. it sounds more like you have a lack of patience. i own and have beat every ac game, (minus liberation cuz i don't have a portable) and this one is def the easiest one yet. if you want to just run in guns blazing every mission, and skip the hard ones, than by all means, go play gta. this game is based on more than just combat however. I really think alot of gamers are spoiled today anyways. i remember games years ago where you might play a mission over and over and over for days maybe, before clearing a level. theres a ton of hand holding in this game, its really not that hard. and if you're taking the same path again and again to complete these tailing missions you need to think outside the box. I played this mission a few times before i got it right...seems like the best thing is to go towards the left and make your way to the top of the warehouse. you don't even have to really have them in your sights to keep an eye on them with the eagle vision tagging system.

DetroitPlaya
11-21-2013, 04:24 PM
AC IV made it much easier, at least. Since you now can tag in Eagle Vision, you don't even have to enter most of the "Restricted Areas", and you don't have to be anywhere near them. So, that's something at least.

DynaRider
11-21-2013, 07:21 PM
I know the game programmers have a very fine line between too easy and too hard and trying to build a game to satisfy all levels of players must be exceedingly difficult. I also would appreciate an option to skip a particular area rather than doing it over and over and over till you accidentally or luckily get it. I have a color vision problem and any game with a color oriented puzzle will cause a real problem for me. Also, I'm 76 years old now and my reflexes are not as sharp and quick as a young person's and a skip option would help me enjoy a game more. I'm having a ****ens of a time with the underwater missions but it seems to be the only way to acquire some elite plans. I certainly don't want the games to be overly easy but a way past something difficult for some of us to complete would be really appreciated.

By the way: I actually do pretty good with the tailing missions and getting into restricted areas.

RoBg03
11-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I know the game programmers have a very fine line between too easy and too hard and trying to build a game to satisfy all levels of players must be exceedingly difficult. I also would appreciate an option to skip a particular area rather than doing it over and over and over till you accidentally or luckily get it. I have a color vision problem and any game with a color oriented puzzle will cause a real problem for me. Also, I'm 76 years old now and my reflexes are not as sharp and quick as a young person's and a skip option would help me enjoy a game more. I'm having a ****ens of a time with the underwater missions but it seems to be the only way to acquire some elite plans. I certainly don't want the games to be overly easy but a way past something difficult for some of us to complete would be really appreciated.

By the way: I actually do pretty good with the tailing missions and getting into restricted areas.

I was really hating the underwater missions, because its very hard to see anything and the controls are a pain. i ended up turning the brightness up in the options and it made a world of difference. i still don't like the diving missions, but at least its doable now.

DetroitPlaya
11-21-2013, 07:39 PM
In regards to the eite plans: they do offer an option.

You can buy all the upgrade plans, resources, etc.. for a small amount of money on PSN/XBL/WhateverPCUses

HiddenKiller612
11-21-2013, 07:58 PM
I sort of like and hate them at the same time. Though, no mission should be skipable. That's just lazy, I don't play a game for certain parts... I play it to experience the entire thing.

Landruner
11-21-2013, 08:25 PM

I thought I was the oldest one on that forum, I guess I was wrong.:p 76 years old and still a video game, DynaRider; you just got my highest and sincere respect.

My first biggest problem with those tailing missions is that it is always the same type of tailing missions that they recycle from one game to another. They don't work really hard on the depth of those missions and do not make it interesting to the players at all. No creativity there, they are repetitive and are not any longer fresh and interesting to the players
My second biggest problem I have with those tailing missions is that now they are now mandatory part of any of the main missions or assassin missions. Now the main scenario is as soon as players have to assassinate a person, the programmer, game designer and creative artistic think, well lets put a tailing mission and we see then what we can add later.
Once again no creativity from the game designer(s) in order to come with something more imaginative in order to build interesting missions.

My point is that those tailing missions should be re-worked from scratch with some more interesting and imaginative ideas & gameplay elements and only be present for the need of 2 or 3 missions, but not for all of them.

egriffin09
11-21-2013, 08:26 PM
For some reason, I enjoyed the tailing missions in ACIV. It's the easedropping with the moving circle that were kind of difficult. I didn't fail any of the easedropping, but like OP said, I couldn't really concentrate on what the NPC's were saying because of the moving circle. Some easedropping was easy and some were challenging, but not anything I got frustrated over.

It's not so much the mission, it's the moving circle tbh.

DetroitPlaya
11-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Tbh, the main reason I'm against the eavesdropping: I barely ever hear half of what they are saying, and because the background of the subtitles are changing as you move - it's not really easy to read either.

Eavesdrop tailing is the worst, but... at least not as bad as in AC III (and earlier, but AC III was the worst) where you had to do it in "chains" (like do two-three in one memory.. right after eachother)

egriffin09
11-21-2013, 08:43 PM
I too remember being stuck on a level for days or weeks back in the day, so these little try the mission 2 or 3 times to get it right are not frustrating to me.

Landruner
11-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Tbh, the main reason I'm against the eavesdropping: I barely ever hear half of what they are saying, and because the background of the subtitles are changing as you move - it's not really easy to read either.

Eavesdrop tailing is the worst, but... at least not as bad as in AC III (and earlier, but AC III was the worst) where you had to do it in "chains" (like do two-three in one memory.. right after eachother)

Yep it is what I was mentioning above, it looks like the game designer(s) totally lack of imagination for making those missions (tailing, eavesdropping) more interesting or finding something else to replace them in order to build a memory sequence. People don't any longer like those and the general consensus was really negative about those missions just being recycled and still present in AC4 without being not even enhanced or re-worked.

PedroAntonio2
11-21-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm totally fine with the tailing missinos in past games...but I really hate that zone they create around the target that you need to stay in the zone so you can hear what they are saying. How I'm supposed to pay attention in the dialogue, if I need to play Stealth, be careful with the guard and staying in the zone ? It's impossible, I couldn't pay attention in what they are saying, because I had to kill everyone in my way. PLEASE, REMOVE THIS IN THE NEXT GAMES.

DynaRider
11-22-2013, 01:11 AM
I thought I was the oldest one on that forum, I guess I was wrong.:p 76 years old and still a video game, DynaRider; you just got my highest and sincere respect.

My first biggest problem with those tailing missions is that it is always the same type of tailing missions that they recycle from one game to another. They don't work really hard on the depth of those missions and do not make it interesting to the players at all. No creativity there, they are repetitive and are not any longer fresh and interesting to the players
My second biggest problem I have with those tailing missions is that now they are now mandatory part of any of the main missions or assassin missions. Now the main scenario is as soon as players have to assassinate a person, the programmer, game designer and creative artistic think, well lets put a tailing mission and we see then what we can add later.
Once again no creativity from the game designer(s) in order to come with something more imaginative in order to build interesting missions.

My point is that those tailing missions should be re-worked from scratch with some more interesting and imaginative ideas & gameplay elements and only be present for the need of 2 or 3 missions, but not for all of them.

Thanks Landruner. I hope on my 90th birthday I'll be playing AC18 Battle For The Universe which will take place on some planetary system many light years from earth.

SpiritMuse
11-22-2013, 01:25 AM
I don't really mind the tailing missions, it's the moving eavesdrops that are really annoying. I miss about 90% of what they're saying because I'm too busy finding hiding spots and evading guards. Also, some of the non-eavesdrop tailing targets also talk and you can hear exactly what they're saying at much greater distances than your eavesdrop requires!