PDA

View Full Version : Controller support help needed

LUR21
11-21-2013, 03:24 AM
Hi all

I have played all the Assassins Creed series on my PC with a giotech ps3 controller. All I had to do was map my buttons in game. So I just got AC 4 and it won't let me use it. By the looks of it I can only use an xbox controller. Any reason why this game does not support any other game controllers except Xbox? I really prefer not to play this with xbox controller as it is so different to using a PS3 controller. Thanks

Filin_J
11-21-2013, 10:01 AM
I have played the Assassins Creed 2 and 3 on PC with a Logitech f310 gamepad. I got Assassins Creed 4 and the game doesn’t support my device correct. I can’t remap the keys, shifts don’t work. Can I use AC4 with Logitech f310, except use emulator Xbox gamepad?

ace3001
11-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Xbox 360 controller is the only way, if your controller doesn't support XInput.

HypeR.tgL
11-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Controllers do work, it's just that in AC IV they're not officially supporting them. You have to pretty much manually set and map each button from the .ini file of AC IV.

Or you can do it the easy way and just copy and paste the controller mapping from AC 3 into AC IV's ini.
The controller you want to use should pop up in the ini as long as you tried to use it in game(By plugging it in and pressing a few buttons), some buttons may work, but not to what they should.

So just get the mapping from AC3's .ini.

The ini files should be located in the Documents folder.

Sugriva2010
11-22-2013, 02:59 PM
It took a bit of trial and error, but in the end it solved all my problems thanks. (which really shows that this problem is not a technical one. Best case scenario they didn't care, worst they wanted to make us use x box controller)