PDA

View Full Version : Noob here, help with the ps4 "Redingote Up!" trophy please!

koopainatux
11-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Hello all, hopefully someone can help me out. I'm going for the Redingote UP! trophy and according to this guide I need to buy the Red Howler Monkey Skin for 5,000 R and White Jaguar Pelt for 6,000 R: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Cheats (http://www.ps4cheats.com/games/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-cheats/)

My question is this: do I need to buy them or can I just hunt for the pelts? I don't think I've seen a Red Howler Monkey but I might have seen a White Jaguar. Where are they located, and how likely is the drop? Or should I just save myself the trouble and rake up cash to buy the skins?

Thanks! :)

imonthenet
11-21-2013, 04:55 AM
Hey there, I got this trophy recently so I know exactly where to find these pelts. The White Jaguar can be hunted during Templar Hunt 1 - Mission 1. It is apart of the mission so there's no need to veer of the objective. I can't confirm if the White Jaguar can be found again on the island (Cayman Sound [327,334]) but I haven't been able to find it upon return. The Red Howler Monkey skin can be found exclusively at Isla Providencia (502,44). I would recommend searching near the monkey icon on the map.If you don't have that yet it lies roughly halfway between the two viewpoints. Eagle Vision is helpful here (L3) as they are found lying on a branch.

Happy hunting :)

buzbuz33
11-21-2013, 08:15 PM
But before you try to go to Isla Providencia, it is not accessible until about halfway through the game (Sequence 8). There is another island with white Jaguars (I killed a couple last night), but I can't remember which it was.

SpiritMuse
11-22-2013, 03:32 AM
Google says White Jaguars are at Great Inagua, though personally I've never encountered one there. But here's where it's supposed to be:
http://orcz.com/Assassin's_Creed_IV:_White_Jaguar

And yes, for certain you'll find one in one of the Templar Hunt missions, the Opia Apito one I think it was.

koopainatux
11-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Cool, thanks for the help guys : )

Syr.Jake
11-30-2013, 05:17 AM
You can buy the skins if you do not want to wait. But the Red Howler Monkey goes towards your Abstergo Challenges Completion so you will most likely end up killing one anyway if you are trying to complete everything.