PDA

View Full Version : Question CPU

djheaven1977
11-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Hello,

This topic interests me a lot because I went to make a test on " Can you run it " to know if my config was thought of as AC4, but he says to me that my CPU does not pass. Now on another game he had said to me that I did not pass with the former graph card which I had, and it turned all the same.
Thus for your opinion(notice) my config:
Intel Core2Duo E8500 3,20ghz
Geforce GTX 650 TI 4Go of RAM

Thanking you beforehand.
Sorry for my english

guardian_titan
11-20-2013, 11:32 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/808382-AC4BF-System-Requirements

Your CPU is just above the minimum and I mean just barely. You'll have a lot of issues running the game so if you want to run it with what you have, you'll likely have to run at low settings. I had a similar setup to you when I first got AC3 last December except my CPU was a Core 2 Duo E8400 and I had an Ati Radeon HD7770 video card. Despite my video card being on the upper end, I had to run the game on low. I tried anything higher and my fps suffered. I knew my CPU was my bottleneck, though, so I knew exactly what to upgrade. Now I have an i5-3570k CPU with the same video card and I have no issues. I even run AC3 on high and have had no FPS problems.

Would be nice if Ubisoft released a playable demo for AC4 so people can be sure they can run the game. I know I can run AC4 on higher settings since the game's similar to AC3, but it would be nice to know how well my computer would do. Water can be quite intense to render for some computers and there's a lot of it in AC4. Rather unsettling to see the posts regarding FPS issues, but granted, I saw the same posts with AC3 and once I upgraded my CPU I didn't have issues anymore. Since there's so many configurations of computers, it's hard to know what may be causing FPS issues on PCs. Could be anything from old hardware, overheating, wrong memory, not enough memory, etc.

Safe to say in your case, you can run the game but your CPU will likely be the cause of any issues you have. Next time you upgrade your computer, I'd upgrade your CPU and motherboard since it won't be long before the minimum requirement for games will be higher than what you have. You have maybe another year with that CPU, if you're lucky.

djheaven1977
11-21-2013, 08:13 PM
thank you for you answer guardian_titan, i had an answer to assistance Ubisoft in same time.
My CPU is not supported for AC4.