PDA

View Full Version : worth buying Tyranny of king washington?

deadlyh1tAC
11-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Hey eveyone!
So yes i still don't have the king washington dlc! And i am wondering if its worth buying it, cause as ign sayed is over priced!

roostersrule2
11-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Yep.

It is over priced but it's pretty good, better then AC3 but still has some of AC3's problems.

deadlyh1tAC
11-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Yep.

It is over priced but it's pretty good, better then AC3 but still has some of AC3's problems.

Well! To be honest i hate those magic powers the dlc has and i am wondering if that destroys the hole experience the game delivers

roostersrule2
11-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Well! To be honest i hate those magic powers the dlc has and i am wondering if that destroys the hole experience the game deliversThey're alright.

The first one makes the stealth better.

The second one makes it feel like the Arkham games with Batman's grappling hook.

The third just makes you tank.

SixKeys
11-20-2013, 02:28 PM
The first episode I actually enjoyed quite a bit. The other two were meh, never even finished episode 3. They are definitely overpriced.

roostersrule2
11-20-2013, 02:32 PM
The first episode I actually enjoyed quite a bit. The other two were meh, never even finished episode 3. They are definitely overpriced.The first one had some awesome moments like the fight scene, the second one was garbage but the third one was okay.

The OST was amazing, up there with AC1 and AC2 fr giving that feel and emotion.

To the OP, if you thought Connor's culture and native people were underused in AC3 buy it.

SixKeys
11-20-2013, 02:37 PM
The first one had some awesome moments like the fight scene, the second one was garbage but the third one was okay.

The OST was amazing, up there with AC1 and AC2 fr giving that feel and emotion.

To the OP, if you thought Connor's culture and native people were underused in AC3 buy it.

I thought the third one was worst, mainly because of how much it relied on quickly switching between all three powers. The only one I liked was the wolf cloak, so I hated whenever I had to use the other ones. They felt very clunky, especially the eagle power.

If you liked Connorīs native culture in AC3, keep in mind they didnīt bother to bring back any of the original voice actors for the native characters and they all magically speak English now.

roostersrule2
11-20-2013, 02:42 PM
I thought the third one was worst, mainly because of how much it relied on quickly switching between all three powers. The only one I liked was the wolf cloak, so I hated whenever I had to use the other ones. They felt very clunky, especially the eagle power.

If you liked Connorīs native culture in AC3, keep in mind they didnīt bother to bring back any of the original voice actors for the native characters and they all magically speak English now.I forget most of the third and second one actually so I can't remember the little things, I just remember not liking the second and loving the pyramid thing at the end of the third.

The original actors not coming back actually pissed me off, I could understand them speaking English but hearing konandokooooooooo with a different voice was an insult to his greatness.

SenseHomunculus
11-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Read the reviews and, since you've played AC3, it's really more of the same but a new story. If you can afford to, then yes, buy it. If you can't, then don't.

<history geek rant>

Personally, I thought it was bizarre to do SUCH a countrafactual take on the most legitimately revered American statesman (and in fact, one of the most revered in the world) there is, to the point that it's a little ridiculous (even for a work of fiction). Washington in reality was such a reluctant president, he only served for what he believed was the good of the young country. As president, he did everything he could to not give the slightest whiff of "monarchy" to the office. He had to be convinced to run for reelection, and outright refused to serve a 3rd term. I mean, it's one thing to cast historical figures such as the Borgias as the supreme bad guys, as their reputations (if not always the reality) lent themselves to be on the side of the Templars. But Washington a Templar?? It's pretty ridiculous.

</history geek rant>

MnemonicSyntax
11-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Read the reviews and, since you've played AC3, it's really more of the same but a new story. If you can afford to, then yes, buy it. If you can't, then don't.

<history geek rant>

Personally, I thought it was bizarre to do SUCH a countrafactual take on the most legitimately revered American statesman (and in fact, one of the most revered in the world) there is, to the point that it's a little ridiculous (even for a work of fiction). Washington in reality was such a reluctant president, he only served for what he believed was the good of the young country. As president, he did everything he could to not give the slightest whiff of "monarchy" to the office. He had to be convinced to run for reelection, and outright refused to serve a 3rd term. I mean, it's one thing to cast historical figures such as the Borgias as the supreme bad guys, as their reputations (if not always the reality) lent themselves to be on the side of the Templars. But Washington a Templar?? It's pretty ridiculous.

</history geek rant>

I don't think he was a Templar as much as he was just greedy for power. Okay, wait. Maybe you're right. But I don't think he was a Templar in name. I recently played through all the episodes and don't recall him being named one.

JohnBoyzZ
11-20-2013, 04:06 PM
I got the whole season pass when it was on sale ($20). Totally worth it for me since it comes with Tyranny of King Washington and extra Multiplayer Characters (I enjoyed Multiplayer).

hamNdoritos
11-20-2013, 05:38 PM
it's definitely worth it. I bought the first episode by itself because I wanted to see how its gonna be. Turned out to be really fun so then I bought the season pass. So yeah I spent more but it was worth it in my opinion. It is definitely not an assassin game. It's a connor game by itself. And besides, the outfit was cool as hell.

deadlyh1tAC
11-20-2013, 08:05 PM
well i will think it cause i am waiting for Freedom cry! and we will see!

Landruner
11-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Yep.

Eh Mate! When you say AC3's problems...do you mean... Connor?! :pLOL! - I was a bit disappointed by the all thing, I really guessed wrongly that it was going to be a bit crazier than what I felt when I play it, but it is my personal opinion!...so...?

--------------------------------------------

For the OP, I would say if you enjoy anything that series can provide, yes you may, like our mate roosterrule2 said above, it is a bit over prized but it is still a nice addition, and you may like it. If you do not have plan to buy the Season Pass, just buy the first episode and see if you like it, episode 2 is a bit disappointing, but it gets better then with the last one.

Kagurra
11-21-2013, 12:01 AM
No...

I wasted my money on the season pass thinking I'd get some good DLC in the future. I was wrong.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-21-2013, 12:49 AM
Meh. It just seems odd. Frankly... Washington believed that having a party system would fracture America and about a hundred years later -- guess what happened! To this day, he's right. Just look how divided America is because some people vote down the party line. They offered...OFFERED to make him King (because they didn't learn their lesson apparently lol) and he refused. Talk about character...or humility...or both. He may not have been perfect but he prevented us from going to war as an early independent nation AND refused to be king. So I always found it odd to have him be king. They should have had someone else...maybe like an alternate timeline where Benedict Arnold betrayed the colonials only after they won, killed Washington, and became king.

deadlyh1tAC
11-21-2013, 08:47 AM
No...

I wasted my money on the season pass thinking I'd get some good DLC in the future. I was wrong.

well i won't buy it! as i sayed i dont like the super powers, i feel like those powers destroys my experience on AC

ace3001
11-21-2013, 08:58 AM
The animal powers were cool at first, but after the novelty wore off, it felt like the core Assassin's Creed mechanics were being ruined by them. Especially the eagle and bear.

Imagine how cool it would've been if that final segment to the top of the pyramid in Episode 3 was done via proper platforming instead of LOLEAGLEPOWAH.

Kagurra
11-21-2013, 09:02 AM
well i won't buy it! as i sayed i dont like the super powers, i feel like those powers destroys my experience on AC

Yeah, well at the time I had no idea that was what the DLC was about. :/ Whaaatever, got some achievements out of it I guess. I just won't buy season passes anymore. I actually bought the one for Bioshock Infinite, and I really didn't enjoy playing that game. Like it was a decent game, but nowhere near as good as 1 and 2. I bought the season pass because it came with the strategy guide so I thought it was a good deal since those are like 15-20 bucks anyways, so I got double the stuff for the same money.

Well in the end I sent the game to my friend before that rapture DLC even came out, which turns out is episodic anyways so I wouldn't be able to play the rest anyways since I sold all my stuff during the 90% gamestop hardware bonus.

deadlyh1tAC
11-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Yeah, well at the time I had no idea that was what the DLC was about. :/ Whaaatever, got some achievements out of it I guess. I just won't buy season passes anymore. I actually bought the one for Bioshock Infinite, and I really didn't enjoy playing that game. Like it was a decent game, but nowhere near as good as 1 and 2. I bought the season pass because it came with the strategy guide so I thought it was a good deal since those are like 15-20 bucks anyways, so I got double the stuff for the same money.

Well in the end I sent the game to my friend before that rapture DLC even came out, which turns out is episodic anyways so I wouldn't be able to play the rest anyways since I sold all my stuff during the 90% gamestop hardware bonus.

i will go for Black Flag season pass! i hope adewale don't dissapoints me!

DarktheMagister
11-21-2013, 11:18 AM
I thought it was pretty fun actually. At first I was put off because it was "non factual" and so I assumed non-cannon. But... they worked it in in a way I approved of...so bravo to them.

Also Thomas Jefferson was awesome. Too bad they somehow forgot to put him into the actual game.

pirate1802
11-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Twas crap, unless you're a radooooonhagaydooon fanboy/girl