PDA

View Full Version : How to tackle the person?

GediminasLM
11-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Stupid question, but tutorial was too fast to learn how to tackle and I killed the thief. :) And I always kill instead tackle someone. So, how to tackle a person on ACIV? (PC version)?

SenseHomunculus
11-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Stupid question, but tutorial was too fast to learn how to tackle and I killed the thief. :) And I always kill instead tackle someone. So, how to tackle a person on ACIV? (PC version)?

Hey Ged - for what it's worth, on Xbox it's the same button as the jump/drop control. I've never seen the PC version, does it not give you context-sensitive actions onscreen?

FieryGhost
11-20-2013, 04:12 PM
I did the same thing! x)
Make sure your fists are equipped and you should be able to tackle :)

MnemonicSyntax
11-20-2013, 04:18 PM
No, having fists equipped is not a tackle and can be considered a "kill" in some instances if you do it.

The X/Square button on 360/PS3/1/4 all do an attack. If you're running, it's a running assassination. To tackle, run and press B/O instead. Edward will literally leap at the person he's chasing and grab them by the waist and throw them down. You can do this with weapons equipped too. Also, if say a Courier is above you, as you're on a rooftop, you can see him pass by below and just press B/O to jump down automatically, but you have to wait for the context button to change.

FieryGhost
11-21-2013, 05:32 AM
I guess I goofed when I was doing it x) Whoopsie.

GediminasLM
11-21-2013, 08:02 AM
So, it seems I found how to tackle. When you running (Shift) you need to click E key when you a near the person and you should tackle him. :)

austin007powers
11-27-2015, 12:29 AM
NONE of you are correct THERE IS NO TACKLE COMMAND FOR THE PC WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH UBI SOFT DID THEY ACTUALLY TRY TO PLAY THE GAME THROUGH. SO now am stuck in Charles Darwin catch the paper thief NO WAY TO LOAD PREVIOUS GAME SAVE SO NOW WHAT RESTART ALL OVER ?????????

rafsank
12-13-2015, 06:58 AM
You can hit quit in the menu it will say quit memory. But I did not find a way to tackle ubisoft need to put out a patch for the because you cant go ahead in the Charles Darwin memories.

YazX_
12-13-2015, 08:08 PM
NONE of you are correct THERE IS NO TACKLE COMMAND FOR THE PC WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH UBI SOFT DID THEY ACTUALLY TRY TO PLAY THE GAME THROUGH. SO now am stuck in Charles Darwin catch the paper thief NO WAY TO LOAD PREVIOUS GAME SAVE SO NOW WHAT RESTART ALL OVER ?????????

you can tackle targets by getting close to them and the game will prompt you with the correct button (Think default is E ) and show "Tackle" on screen, in some missions, its scripted that the target is running faster than you and you will not be able to catch/tackle him until you reach certain point, so keep running after him until he slows down for you to be able to tackle him.

You can hit quit in the menu it will say quit memory. But I did not find a way to tackle ubisoft need to put out a patch for the because you cant go ahead in the Charles Darwin memories.

not sure whats your issue but if its about tackling, then please read my comment above.

Regarding this thread, no need to revive old threads for previous games - Closed.

jazzyjeff19
06-24-2017, 02:18 AM
it was pressing E while sprinting )holding shift) that worked for me. I had been ignoring these crowd events till i had to do one in a mission

nanohead
07-15-2017, 01:31 PM
no matter what I do, I cannot tackle anyone. Pressing E (PC) just makes me push the perp, but there's no way to actually tackle.

Probably gonna quit the game, as I can't seem to actually get through half the missions because of the tackle.

strigoi1958
07-15-2017, 06:35 PM
I think you need to be running so you should be holding down W and Shift and then press E