PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between "round" and "heavy" shot and how do you fire mortars?

Baron_Lister
11-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Seeing as round shot and heavy shot are two completely separate things in the upgrades menu, it implies that these are different ammo types you can switch between or maybe two completely different types of cannon, but I can't find how to do that anywhere, all I have is the guns that fire when I point my camera sideways. Also I bought/upgraded "mortar" but I cannot find any mechanism to fire it anywhere.

SenseHomunculus
11-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Seeing as round shot and heavy shot are two completely separate things in the upgrades menu, it implies that these are different ammo types you can switch between or maybe two completely different types of cannon, but I can't find how to do that anywhere, all I have is the guns that fire when I point my camera sideways. Also I bought/upgraded "mortar" but I cannot find any mechanism to fire it anywhere.

Hi Tobias - for the broadside cannons (port or starboard ship views), if you use the left trigger (on Xbox) to aim your shot, your ship will fire round shot when you use the right trigger. If you do NOT aim first, your ship will fire the heavy shot. The longer you hold the trigger, the more concentrated your round shot fire will be to the target. However, if you're up close to your target, unleash the heavy shot (do NOT aim first) because it does devastating damage. On elite it'll take out most vessels with one or two volleys.

For the mortars, the left finger button (again on Xbox) aims the mortars. It's the left button that's the equivalent of the telescope right button control. Align the target position so it's directly on your target and turns it red. Right trigger fires it.

Happy hunting!

ThatTeoTeo
09-22-2015, 12:41 AM

You fire the mortars by pressing LB (left button) and aiming with LS (left stick). You then press RT (right trigger) to fire the mortar.

ThatTeoTeo
09-22-2015, 12:50 AM
Hi Tobias - for the broadside cannons (port or starboard ship views), if you use the left trigger (on Xbox) to aim your shot, your ship will fire round shot when you use the right trigger. If you do NOT aim first, your ship will fire the heavy shot. The longer you hold the trigger, the more concentrated your round shot fire will be to the target. However, if you're up close to your target, unleash the heavy shot (do NOT aim first) because it does devastating damage. On elite it'll take out most vessels with one or two volleys.

For the mortars, the left finger button (again on Xbox) aims the mortars. It's the left button that's the equivalent of the telescope right button control. Align the target position so it's directly on your target and turns it red. Right trigger fires it.

Happy hunting!

Then how do you fire broadside cannons?

agent76484
10-03-2015, 10:53 AM
i got no ideea how or what to press if u use a console , but generally when you see the white arc that aims the cannons that is " broadside shot " and Heavy Shot is fired by pressing the fire button , No aiming necessary

to fire mortars you need to hold down a key , probably the weapon selector , it looks like the spyglass but with a white aiming thing