PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA GPU-Accelerated PhysX Effects Coming In An Update :D

Dicehunter
11-20-2013, 06:41 AM
It will be using the Physx APEX engine so the performance loss for Nvidia users should be minimal, From the Nvidia site -

If you played Batman: Arkham Origins, or checked out our Batman: Arkham Origins Graphics & Performance Guide, you’ll have seen the game-changing benefits our new GPU-accelerated PhysX APEX Particle system brought to the Batman prequel. In the not too distant future, an Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag game update will introduce APEX Particles that are manipulated by external forces such as gravity, wind, character movement, and explosions, courtesy of the APEX Turbulence system.

As in Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin’s Creed IV’s APEX Particles will be further enhanced by the addition of Particle Shadow Mapping (PSM), which enables select particle effects to cast shadows, and self-shadow one another. This is particularly beneficial for thick, heavy smoke effects, such as Kenway’s smoke bomb, instantly emphasizing the density of the effect to the viewer, further increasing image quality.

Anykeyer
11-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Sounds like no one will ever notice the difference. I hate physx and everything related, it never works right even on nvidia's own hardware.

strigoi1958
11-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Nice to know it's coming... it's not something that would influence my game buying though.... especially as Nvidia drivers are so bad at present that I cannot run any newer than 314.22

HypeR.tgL
11-20-2013, 12:00 PM
This sounds pretty cool, can't wait, hopefully it doesn't hinder game performance too bad though.