PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the CRAP performance?

Chubzdoomer
11-20-2013, 05:35 AM
I don't understand why this game performs so poorly. I purchased a GTX 780 a couple weeks ago and this game was bundled with it, so I figured it would be able to handle it at 60 frames per second, no problem. WRONG!

With most combinations of settings, the frame rate sinks into the 40s, even upper 30s in "intensive" scenes. I nearly have to turn every setting down to Low/Off just to get a constant 60 frames per second. And this is with a $500 video card! (And yes, I downloaded the drivers they released today with improvements for this game.)

Given how outdated this game looks overall (there's nothing that really stands out about it graphically), there's no excuse for this kind of performance in my opinion. Tomb Raider both looks and performs considerably better on my machine, and although it's an entirely different type of game, Battlefield 4 runs at ~70 FPS average on Ultra settings in 64-player servers, whereas I struggle to achieve 50 FPS, much less 60 in this game!

Is anyone else as baffled by the performance as I am? If my $500 GPU dips into the 30s and 40s, I can't imagine how crappy it performs for those with lower-end GPUs (especially AMD users). What gives?

Dicehunter
11-20-2013, 05:40 AM
Optimising a game to run well costs money, Ubisoft don't do optimisations.

Loucmachine.Joe
11-20-2013, 06:02 AM
Put AA to FXAA, Shadows to very high and godrays to low and stop complaining !

aixilmf
11-20-2013, 06:06 AM
I don't understand why this game performs so poorly. I purchased a GTX 780 a couple weeks ago and this game was bundled with it, so I figured it would be able to handle it at 60 frames per second, no problem. WRONG!

With most combinations of settings, the frame rate sinks into the 40s, even upper 30s in "intensive" scenes. I nearly have to turn every setting down to Low/Off just to get a constant 60 frames per second. And this is with a $500 video card! (And yes, I downloaded the drivers they released today with improvements for this game.)

Given how outdated this game looks overall (there's nothing that really stands out about it graphically), there's no excuse for this kind of performance in my opinion. Tomb Raider both looks and performs considerably better on my machine, and although it's an entirely different type of game, Battlefield 4 runs at ~70 FPS average on Ultra settings in 64-player servers, whereas I struggle to achieve 50 FPS, much less 60 in this game!

Is anyone else as baffled by the performance as I am? If my $500 GPU dips into the 30s and 40s, I can't imagine how crappy it performs for those with lower-end GPUs (especially AMD users). What gives?

What CPU are you running on? My GTX 780 is running Havana maxed out with SMAA at 55 to 60 fps (1080p) and I'm experiencing CPU bottlenecking with my i5 2500(non-k)@3.8. GPU load at 85% and 2 out of 4 CPU cores at 95 to 100%. AC4 doesn't fully utilize all 4 cores, only 2. So I'm guessing overclocking would help.

Also, have you tried updating to the latest Nvidia drivers (331.82)?