PDA

View Full Version : The Best Moment in AC4 (Small Sequence 4 Spoiler)

Perk89
11-20-2013, 05:32 AM
So I'm going back through the missions I didn't get 100% synch on and had something amazing happen.

I am replaying the mission where Edward first goes to Tulum and meets the Assassins, sneaking throughout their island. My first time playing through this mission I had no subtitles, which I regretted when I found out they could be turned on in about Sequence 10 or so.

Anyways, and this is a miniature spoiler so if you'd like to experience the delight I had in this mission by yourself and for yourself, I suggst turning on your subtitles and replaying it.

Anyways, I was being all sneaky, had made it past the first zone of the island and ran across a large branch over some Assassins and into the second zone. Whew. They didn't spot me. Doing this mission much better this time around. Feeling stealthy. When, to my delight, I hear the two assassins I just passed, speaking in their native language. Now able to see what it translates to, I look down and see the following conversation:

"What is he doing here?"
"He has been summoned. Though he does not know it yet."

After a brief second of pondering what they were referring to, it hit me: They meant me.I went into a giggle fit laughing, realizing my whole stealth parade had just gone up in flames. It enhanced the mission tremendously, as I remember my first time through how bogus it was that Edward could sneak past an army of Assassins, dispatching so many along the way.

If you haven't had your subtitles on, I encourage you to flip them on, for at least this mission though frankly, they really should be set to default.

As it so happens... That wasn't all the Assassins have to say about your arrival. Try it out. It made the game just that much better for me.

phoenix-force411
11-20-2013, 05:35 AM
I always play with subtitles on, but it seems that they were expecting us.

Perk89
11-20-2013, 05:41 AM
Indeed, and twas quite amusing. I should note that they may not always say something (perhaps if you're doing a real good job sneaking)

HiddenKiller612
11-20-2013, 05:57 AM
I've had the subs on since the beginning... and yea lol... I knew they were talking about Edward, especially when they were talking about him wearing the assassin robes...

Zellzin
11-20-2013, 05:57 AM
That's awesome

roostersrule2
11-20-2013, 06:24 AM
I always have subtitles on in games, in movies or TV though I can't stand it.

Little details like this are always missed with them off.

Perk89
11-20-2013, 06:47 AM
I always have subtitles on in games, in movies or TV though I can't stand it.

Little details like this are always missed with them off.

Agreed.