PDA

View Full Version : Firs time setup "installing additional components" every time i run the game

crusnik8
11-20-2013, 05:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hyZj5kb.png

Every time i launch BlackFlag I'm greeted with the first time install, anyone else getting this ?

Abbysion
11-20-2013, 07:58 AM
I am also getting that everytime, that's three times just today since installation.

jess_chapman83
11-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Getting the same thing... And it's taking FOREVER for me.

Ierr
11-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Yep, same for me.
Probably we should report it to Support as well.

pestt0
12-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Has anyone got this fixed yet? Keeps doing it to me!!

LordGorzul
12-24-2013, 08:40 PM
I get the same, sadly after it finishes it says thanks for playing and exits. Haevtn been able to start the game in 3 weeks and 3 redownloads. Simply horrible Uplay.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 08:53 PM
The solution that I used was to open the directory of where the game is installed and there is a folder that contains the direct X files, redist, and some other crap in it, and just completely removed that entire folder from there.

Removal of the folder prevents it from being able to install again and even though the screen still shows up, it can't install anything any more, and it will quickly go away.

I cannot remember the name of the folder but that's what you have to do but you'll know it's the right folder because it has the files I mentioned in there

I hope this helps people.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Did this help anyone having this problem?

pestt0
12-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Did this help anyone having this problem?
I'm afraid not.
The folder you mention doesn't show up under my 'install'.
Basically, the game doesn't seem to fully install first time. I know this because my directory shows all the other Ubisoft games as present on my hard drive, except Black Flag. Whenever I try to launch the game it takes me back through Uplay as the launcher. I know this is supposed to happen but 'additional components' loading shouldn't have to run more than the first time. And the game should show up as a stand alone installation.
All the programs, save games etc associated with Black Flag are in the Ubisoft Game Launcher. And the file you mention is not. Basically, it's borked.
Ubisoft support told me to delete the launcher and re-install, which resulted in all my game saves and progress being lost as all it did was delete the original game. And still didn't fix the problem. Thanks, support. For nothing.

EDIT.
After doing a bit more digging, it would seem this problem is related to the the Uplay service and launcher, and not the game.

AmaZim2
12-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Try to run directly "AC4BFSP.exe" or "AC4BFMP.exe" from the game's directory after you started Uplay.

pestt0
12-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Try to run directly "AC4BFSP.exe" or "AC4BFMP.exe" from the game's directory after you started Uplay.

You, Sir. Are a genius!
This works perfectly. Go to the top of the class and have 5 stars. :)

I must admit, I did try this before but I didn't launch Uplay first. This seems to by pass whatever Uplay is trying to do and just launches the game. I have put a shortcut on my desktop and everything is great.

Thanks again AmaZim2.