PDA

View Full Version : Mayan Stela - Can't Interact - Isla Providencia

smarteralex
11-20-2013, 03:55 AM
I cannot interact with the southernmost Mayan Stela on Isla Providencia. I have unlocked all viewpoints on the island and have found all chests, animus fragments, etc., as well as the other Stela to the North. I've replayed the memory "Marooned", left the island and returned several times, logged out, logged in, exited, shut down, etc., etc. The Stela does not show up on my map and it does not glow when I approach it.

I am playing on XBox 360.

Help, I'm an achievement freak and I want the Mayan outfit!

phoenix-force411
11-20-2013, 04:30 AM
Have you complete the game already? I haven't yet, I'm only Sequence 12, but I can still interact with it, and I can still fast travel to it. The only thing I can't do on it, is take my Jackdaw out of it, because I think it's bugged, so I have Fast Travel to exit that place because the Jackdaw is nowhere to be found.

smarteralex
11-21-2013, 01:55 AM
Have you complete the game already? I haven't yet, I'm only Sequence 12, but I can still interact with it, and I can still fast travel to it. The only thing I can't do on it, is take my Jackdaw out of it, because I think it's bugged, so I have Fast Travel to exit that place because the Jackdaw is nowhere to be found.

I can get on and off of the island fine, I just can't interact with this particular Stela so that I can get the last Mayan stone. The Stela doesn't even appear on my map even though I'm standing next to it. I can climb up on it and press "B" all day long and nothing happens; it doesn't glow or look different when I enter Eagle Vision, either. I am experiencing no other problems with this location or the rest of the game--I've gotten all of the other collectibles on the island including the other Mayan stone. I haven't finished the whole game, but everything I've read tells me that I should be able to interact with this Stela at this stage in the game. I'm now well passed the "Marooned" sequence where the island first becomes available to explore.

phoenix-force411
11-21-2013, 03:37 AM
I play on PS3 only, and so, I guess we might experience different bugs. I had an Assassin Contract bug where I could interact with the pigeon coup, but after going back there a couple days later, I could interact with it and finish all of my Assassin Contracts.

smarteralex
11-21-2013, 05:08 AM
I play on PS3 only, and so, I guess we might experience different bugs. I had an Assassin Contract bug where I could interact with the pigeon coup, but after going back there a couple days later, I could interact with it and finish all of my Assassin Contracts.

I can live with a certain amount of bugs, but ones that kill achievements/trophies are unacceptable.