PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 4 black flag on steam

Naeimi
11-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Assassins creed 4 black flag on steam dosent open, when im clicking the play game button.

It did install a version of uplay tho, but when i try to open uplay, it shows an error
" The program could not open, beacuse  aLEAY32.dll is missing on your computer. Try to install the program again. "

Have tried to:
Uninstall uplay (also delete all content i the c disc)
install it from webside.
Open it manually

nothing seem to help.

cssynful
11-20-2013, 01:20 AM
I am having the same issue. I have also tried your solutions without success. I have submitted a ticket but no response yet. So frustrating, Waiting until today for the PC release and then can't play it. If I do hear back from support or find a solution I'll be sure to post it.

Update: I have been in contact with Tech Support via telephone. They were unaware of the problem, and are looking for a solution. Will let you know what happens.

j0hnc0rey
11-20-2013, 04:11 AM
Went to pick up the CE PC version of AC4...Best Buy and all Best Buy retailers in the state didn't have it. I pre-ordered months before console release...got my money back.

The release date was supposed to be 11-19-13 for PC/CE PC

Not sure if you guys have seen this thread . Have seen release dates for the 22 of NOV even tho its also the UK release date , so not sure what to say , other than the several hours i also tried getting .into the game

cssynful
11-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Update 2: Ok the issue is not resolved yet. All signs *seem* to point to the update to Uplay prior to the launch of AC4, however the exact problem is as of yet unidentified. Tech support is going to contact the Devs directly. The more information they have the easier it will be for them to understand the conflict. If you are having the same issue, please open a ticket with support. PC -> Uplay. Make sure to identify that you are receiving the  ÓLEAY32.dll missing error. If you can't make those characters copy and paste it from this post. Make sure to include these two attachments:

"1. From Windows, click Start -> Run. 2. In the Open box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and click OK. 3. Once the DXDIAG file is open, click on the "save all information...” button. 4. Click the save button to save the file as a text file to your Desktop. 5. Click on Start -> Run. 6. In the Open box, type "msinfo32" (without the quotes) and click OK. 7. When the program comes up, click on File. Click on Save. 8. Click the "save" button to save the file as an .nfo file to your Desktop"

You may have to attach one with your original ticket, and then update your ticket and add the second as additional information. Let's try an be patient and give them a couple days guys. I know it sucks having already waited until the 19th for the PC version. But trust me they are looking into it, I spent over 2 hours combined on the phone with tech support trying different solutions.

Naeimi
11-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Thats great work . Im currently living in Europe, so the time zones is a little different from you i imagine.
I will do that as soon as possible. really appreciate your effort, long support phone lines is killing me :P

Naeimi
11-20-2013, 08:40 AM
hey j0hnc0rey

Im not living in america, so the release dates could be a bit different.

but, i noticed some time ago that the release date for the PC version was set to 21 nov. - but recently changed on steam to the 19 Nov.
I have no idea of what they intended, but ive read in forums that many people worldwide have - launch, frame rate issues and even constant crashes and black screens.
Lets give ubisoft some time, and hope they will fix it soon.

FiveCastle
11-20-2013, 02:25 PM
you need to go (if you have did is as it leads you: c: / Program file (x86) / ubisoft/ Ubisoft Game Launcher, and from there copy file "libeay32.dll" and paste it as  Óleay32.dll

And!!! atleast for me it worked... thanks from google translate and french forum!

Naeimi
11-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Im gonna try that when i get home from work. Ill post if it works for me aswell. Thanks for the effort.

UPDATE

It worked, thanks Fivecastle. you saved my day.