PDA

View Full Version : ACIV: Black Flag - English localization on Russian game

Pages : [1] 2 3

DartFly
11-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Is there any 'official' way to use it?
Most of CIS players hate russian localization, so why do you force them to use it? I have purchased game full game on uplay not steam (because of ridiculous pricing system and region locks included) but it seems that steam allow to select english, and uplay still have region lock and do not allow me to select another language.

Sorry, but it's not fare.
I love most of your games, but if you will continue same politics that threat users as ***t - most people will still be using 'not official' game sources, because it's more easy and more convenient.

So back to first question - is there any way to enable english sound? As I see game downloaded all languages, but it's locked somewhere.

D-Kruger
11-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Moreover, when purschasing there were no warnings that the game would have a language lock. I never would have bought it otherwise. If there is no official way to play in the original, I want to get a refund.

KIRHAN30
11-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Same question here.

Edward's voice in the Russian version is horrible not to mention the loss of the true meaning, context, jokes and intonations in the entire game. Why in-game menu language selection is disabled completely? I wanted to play with the English voice acting and Russian subtitles, but for some mysterious reason, you do not give me a choice. Do you care about that I do not forget my native language or what? No, thank you. Give me a choice.

As already mentioned the whole set of languages ​​is already present in the game folder. Are they DLC? Then let me buy English voice acting.

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 12:57 AM
There is no doubt about it that.

I am a loyal fan of AC series for years and I couldn`t wait for the next part to come out. AC has one of the best universes to explore, but only in original language. Playing the game with Russian localization is seriously limits amount of fun and excitement the game can provide with original voiceacting, and it`s a fact - Russian localization is almost always loosing original idea of what happening on screen. And it goes for every game, movie or TV show.

So I absolutely agree with previous posts. We bought full version of the game, it already has all possible localization packs, so why can`t we just choose one we trully like instead of forcing us to use probably the only thing we hate about this game? I just don`t want this to ruin my game expirience, and a lot of people has the same idea.

I really hope you would listen to your users and make a right decision.

P.S I pre-ordered Uplay version, and I can`t understand why Steam version provides unlocked game, but Ubi`s own platform can`t do the same thing. It`s really unfair to users who trying to use Ubisoft`s product.

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Problem still exists. Is there some kind of official Ubisoft position on this?

Ierr
11-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Totally agree. Russian voice acting is horrible, it ruins story and game experience completely.

By the way, there are lots of ppl in Russia that more comfortable with other languages (French, German, etc). You do realize you force them as well?

Backflashs
11-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Now i know why people want refunds, i want one now.

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 01:38 PM
I wish more people who values original sound of the game would post on this forum. But I know most of the usual players don`t give a damn about sound and worships only graphics of the games, even forgetting about story.

D-Kruger
11-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Would be really nice to see some solution. This restriction is unfair, and can't be avoided by editing registry of replacing localization.lang. We want to play the game like normal people!

yoman.psi
11-20-2013, 02:02 PM
same problem, though i speak russian, i just cant play listening to this crappy translation. it was the first time i preordered directly from uplay instead of steam, never gonna make the same mistake again...

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 02:31 PM
To people who knows how all this things work: with such service like Uplay, unlocking all localizations on RUS-CIS is matter of 1 official micropatch that fixes "localization.lang" file or it really has to be completely new version with new key?

D-Kruger
11-20-2013, 02:59 PM
I received an answer from support:
Hi D-Kruger,

Нам жаль слышать, что вы не довольны приобретенной покупкой в Uplay Shop.
Данная версия игры содержит только русский язык.
Запрос на возврат заказа передан на рассмотрение.

So even though all the languages are present, we are supposed to be content with only one. I just hope they return my money. Lesson learned.

Ishad
11-20-2013, 03:07 PM
So, you can forget about pre-order bonuses even if you did pre-order actually. FYI - pirates got all dlcs and pre-order bonuses and english version. So nice...

D-Kruger
11-20-2013, 03:15 PM
What annoys me the most is thst there was no mention about any restrictions. I had no idea this was a "Rus" version. I thought I was buying a normal game, Now I know that Cartman was right about pre-orders.

Ishad
11-20-2013, 03:19 PM
In my bill it says "Assassin's CreedŽ IV Black Flag™ Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition" no single mention of "russian" or anything. There were no single russian word present when I was ordering it FFS.

Backflashs
11-20-2013, 03:20 PM
I received an answer from support:
Hi D-Kruger,

Нам жаль слышать, что вы не довольны приобретенной покупкой в Uplay Shop.
Данная версия игры содержит только русский язык.
Запрос на возврат заказа передан на рассмотрение.

So even though all the languages are present, we are supposed to be content with only one. I just hope they return my money. Lesson learned.

But all of the files are in there. French, German even Japanese...to hell with that. I'll wait until someone fixes .lang file for AC4 like they did for AC3.
I tried to put .lang from pirated version and change register - didn't help.

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah, well done Ubisoft. I wonder why Uplay didn`t learn from Steam`s expirience with Borderlands. Now I understand that Steam is the only reliable service for buying games.

Ishad
11-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Well, I never pirtated any software past 10 years, but if this ******** is not resolved within next day, going to proceed to moneyback and find different... means... to check this title out :)

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 03:43 PM
But all of the files are in there. French, German even Japanese...to hell with that. I'll wait until someone fixes .lang file for AC4 like they did for AC3.
I tried to put .lang from pirated version and change register - didn't help.

Noone can fix .lang, except Ubi themselves, without loosing 'licenced' state of the game. And I really doubt that Ubi would bother making any changes about this version. Right now the only way to enjoy original sound is cracked version

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 03:49 PM
But damn, it is revelation to me that in modern international gaming community we still have regional restrictions. This is absolutely wrong. I wish someday Ubi will stop making mistakes like this.

Ierr
11-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Im trying to communicate this problem with Support, gave them link to this thread as well.

Maybe it's just one of "release mistakes" because localization files are in game directory. I really hope almost 2GB is not dead weight we are forced download for some purpose :)

One of the most annoying moments - there were no warning about language lock. And only one version available in Uplay to buy.

Well, it was crappy experience to play SC Blacklist with russian localization, no way I go through this with AC4!

Ishad
11-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Their support is another topic to discuss. No live chats, no ETA on answering, nothing.

Backflashs
11-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Funny thing is - with Steam version you can run any language you want.
And here i thought if i buy it through uPlay i would be able to do the same without running two overlays, plus paying Ubi directly.
Sadly we are not UK, they have quite harsh false advertising laws there.

I guess lesson learned. Oh and by the way, even EA(evil of all evils) allows to install games the language you want.

Denissimmo
11-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Can anyone who has a proper English version look and tell us what exactly is written in their localization.lang file and also in the following registry paths ("Language" and "SKU")

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed IV Black Flag]
"installdir"="PathToExe"
"Language"="?"
"SKU"="?"

Thank you in advance.

Ishad
11-20-2013, 04:17 PM
WIll not work, tried already :)

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 04:19 PM
I hope we will hear some kind of official Ubi statement on this topic. It would be a really nice thing if they at least listen to people who uses their product and wishing to improve it.

Kirdan1989
11-20-2013, 04:30 PM
I have the same problem. Guys, seriously, stop ignoring users who actually chose to pay you money instead of pirating this game. There was no mention of language restrictions, you know what it`s called? False advertising. People get sued for that.

KIRHAN30
11-20-2013, 04:53 PM
What a terrible mistake was to buy anything directly in Uplay. I just wanted to give a chance to this thing. Replacing the lang file and editing the registry does not help . Ubisoft has built a huge brick wall around this single-language version. Any registry changes are canceled during the start of the game and returned to its original state. After replacing the lang file, and run directly through .exe, Uplay start to request to activate the new key because it is considered to be a separate product.

Russian localization is ear rape. It feels like I'm watching a cartoon Sponge Bob Square Pants and not a game about assassins. I just can't play it. No sense of immersion at all.

Denissimmo
11-20-2013, 05:06 PM
In AC3 there was a similar limitation for the CIS version and someone figured out a fixed localization.lang file that allowed switching to languages other than Russian. Maybe we'll be lucky to have a similar fix in AC4 too. Ubisoft will not help us or patch it, it's not a bug or something they missed, they intentionally limited the CIS version and made it cheaper in the RU Ushop. I just wish the store page clearly stated about the language(s) available and provided some options like pay more but get a multi-language version or smth like that.

It was clearly a mistake on my part to buy directly from Ushop. The steam version is more expensive but is multi-language. The Splinter Cell and Rayman Legends bought from Ushop provided an option for choosing a language during installation, so I expected a similar thing here. But I was fooled and misled. No more buying from the Ushop. Also Uplay and Origin are terrible services/DRMs and should not even exist in their current state.

Ishad
11-20-2013, 05:14 PM
OK guys, here is workaround for you.

1. Start multiplayer.
2. Alt-Tab and replace localization.lang by english version of it (took mine from AC3).
3. Press switch to single player.
4. Profit.

Bad news - some pre-order bonuses go away :(

Betweentheduck
11-20-2013, 05:25 PM
In AC3 there was a similar limitation for the CIS version and someone figured out a fixed localization.lang file that allowed switching to languages other than Russian. Maybe we'll be lucky to have a similar fix in AC4 too. Ubisoft will not help us or patch it, it's not a bug or something they missed, they intentionally limited the CIS version and made it cheaper in the RU Ushop. I just wish the store page clearly stated about the language(s) available and provided some options like pay more but get a multi-language version or smth like that.

It was clearly a mistake on my part to buy directly from Ushop. The steam version is more expensive but is multi-language. The Splinter Cell and Rayman Legends bought from Ushop provided an option for choosing a language during installation, so I expected a similar thing here. But I was fooled and misled. No more buying from the Ushop. Also Uplay and Origin are terrible services/DRMs and should not even exist in their current state.

Steam version distributed by the same price as the Uplay version and you can clearly see in the description that it has all language packs in it. And it actually works if owners of the steam version are telling the truth. So what's the problem? We (uplay version owners) don't rob anyone. Why our version of the game is limited in such rediculous way?

KIRHAN30
11-20-2013, 05:29 PM

Thank you, I'll try it right now.

K4vKazec
11-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Got the same problem here. Found no solutions.

Mustylon
11-20-2013, 06:00 PM
glad to see that i'm not the only person with this problem...
It's all sad, disrespectfull towards people who actually want to pay for a game and mostly anoying (Im' from Europe and i don't speak russian ffs)
This is the first and last time i buy something from the Uplay store... GO LEARN HOW TO DO IT RIGHT FROM STEAM

OracleDJ
11-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Has anyone been able to change language in this version? I can't play the game like this. There were no mention of only russian language restriction when i bought the game, and now you forcing me to play this horrible localization? Thank you, but no thank you. I would never buy single piece of software from ubi shop ever again!

Ishad
11-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Now I can compare translation using english subtitles with russian text. So fking awesome guys, so awesome. Dialog when approaching IT guys. Subtitles: "I'm not repairing. Calibrating.". Russian shiity translation: "Я не чиню. Отладчик." (back to english: "I'm not repairing. I'm calibrator.". Idiots. FIX THIS **** FOR ALL, so we don't need to apply stupid hacks anymore.

PS. Any1 with english version - please upload your localization.lang somewhere (will try to make it work with all content unlocked).

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Guys, I`m really glad that you support this topic)
I can confirm that solution by Ishad is working perfectly fine as a temporary solution, just don`t forget to create a backup copy of original .lang . The only bad things about this method are: you have to do this each time you start a game and multiplayer is still in Russian.
Lets just hope that Ubi will unlock all localizations in next patches.

P.S If anybody needs working english localization.lang you can PM me, and I will send you a link to download it

D-Kruger
11-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Another reply form their support:

Maria @ Ubisoft Support wrote:

Hi D-Kruger,

К сожалению, отказаться от игры возможности нет.
Мы не принимаем цифровые версии игр.
Игры, приобретенные с русскоязычного содержат русский мастер только.

And you thought their translations were bad...

Ishad
11-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Вот же упыри, а. Отказаться нельзя? Лолщито? С каких пор их еула имеют преимущество над законом?

Ierr
11-20-2013, 06:48 PM

1. Start multiplayer.
2. Alt-Tab and replace localization.lang by english version of it (took mine from AC3).
4. Profit.

Confirm: this works. English voices is here (yay!) subs are still Russian. And we can choose from English and Japanese (yay again?). Progress is saved (as far as i checked) and even uplay achievements and points work.

Stil i find it ironic that legally bought game gives THAT much trouble to start (first 5 minutes for "additional components" to install each f... time!!!) then magic with lang file, then multiplayer-singleplayer switch.

Should i consider it as bonus-quest that torrent-pirat can only dream of?)

D-Kruger
11-20-2013, 06:49 PM
I'd try a chargeback, but I seriously doubt I can prove this is a legit scam. If only this problem got more attention, some media coverage, we could get the game we paid for, not this laughable insult.

OracleDJ
11-20-2013, 06:54 PM
No one cares about small bunch of russians. Also it doesn't help much, that most of them are perfectly fine with russian only version.

Backflashs
11-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Another reply form their support:

Maria @ Ubisoft Support wrote:

Hi D-Kruger,

К сожалению, отказаться от игры возможности нет.
Мы не принимаем цифровые версии игр.
Игры, приобретенные с русскоязычного содержат русский мастер только.

And you thought their translations were bad...

Google translate is strong in the force of amusement. So , i'm guessing here since it's not exactly in Russian, no refund for you?
This discussion getting ridiculous. Bunch of russians complaining in english about russian language. Come to think of it, it sounds very logical, hm.

But honestly Russian VA's are just V's, no QA whatsoever.

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Good thing russians will always find a way to get what they want one way or another)

D-Kruger
11-20-2013, 07:00 PM
I really didn't want to pirate this game. But now, because they won't return my money, I'll pirate it 5 times! ARRGH!

Ierr
11-20-2013, 07:08 PM
At least they can run awesome commercials on pirat trackers:
Assassin Creed 4: B**tthurt! Why buy when u can have it for free?!

No one cares about small bunch of russians. Also it doesn't help much, that most of them are perfectly fine with russian only version.

No one really cares for anyone - and that is the real problem in modern world. When it comes to questions like "what bunch is big enough to care for" always some sh*t happens and ppl got disappointed.

Im worried that their Support is sure, that no other langpack is included in digital versions. They have to know, don't they?

Kirdan1989
11-20-2013, 07:11 PM
They dont even have to actually check. Just say "sorry, no can do" and get away with anything

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Guys,

If you are going to simply start saying you will pirate the game - this thread WILL be locked and people suspended.

I can only refer you to your local support, who will know much more than anyone on the forum - however I have asked, but I can't promise an answer you will agree with - different regions may have different language support.

in this case RUS/CIS is Russian only.

Now, you can either wait until i hear back - or - continue to post about pirating the game - and get this thread locked.

D-Kruger
11-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Well, you do realize we can't really pirate it. We already bought it. People are disappointed and need to vent.
The problem is why is it RUS/CIS? How were we supposed to know? Imagine buying a car and finding later that it has no brakes. Sure, you can drive it, but it's just not the same :)
If there was an option to get my money back, I'd take it. But as of now, you have my money and I don't have the product I paid for.

Arkareth
11-20-2013, 07:15 PM
That is a pretty curious method of treating your customers, Ubisoft.
So if i buy a product directly from you i am bound to struggle with poor gaming experience? Well, it looks like i am not going to buy anything from Uplay from this moment, and i will discourage everybody else from making the same mistake.
If Ubisoft has too many customers in Russia and don't mind loosing some, well, it's fair enough, but, as i said before, i am not going to pay you a cent, if you're not going to stop treating your customers like potential thieves.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 07:20 PM
The Uplay version - should have supported languages listed on the product page, or be the standard for your region from that vender [Uplay in this case] since I am UK I do not know how your store works

Please contact your local support office - allowing them 48 hours to reply - if you are not happy with the answer you get - please tell them that and they can escalate it!

Any chat of piracy - even 'joking' - is against the rules, since it invites others to post links etc.

lov3ll
11-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Google translate is strong in the force of amusement. So , i'm guessing here since it's not exactly in Russian, no refund for you?
This discussion getting ridiculous. Bunch of russians complaining in english about russian language. Come to think of it, it sounds very logical, hm.

But honestly Russian VA's are just V's, no QA whatsoever.

Have you ever heard games dubbed to Russian? they spend lot of money to get the games to sound right with good voice actors such as Nolan North and then for foreign languages they just get some randoms which usually sounds laughable it's just not the same game.

D-Kruger
11-20-2013, 07:26 PM
The Uplay version - should have supported languages listed on the product page, or be the standard for your region from that vender [Uplay in this case] since I am UK I do not know how your store works

Please contact your local support office - allowing them 48 hours to reply - if you are not happy with the answer you get - please tell them that and they can escalate it!

Any chat of piracy - even 'joking' - is against the rules, since it invites others to post links etc.

Well, that's that thing. No languages are mentioned there. And the support says that digital purchases are non-refundable. Great help.

Ishad
11-20-2013, 07:28 PM
"I can only refer you to your local support, who will know much more than anyone on the forum - however I have asked, but I can't promise an answer you will agree with - different regions may have different language support.

in this case RUS/CIS is Russian only."

Our problem is not with that fact that RUS/CIS version is locked to russian. It's their product, they can do whatever the fsck they want with it. Our problem is that we all thought we are buying normal product, not RUS/CIS version. Steam charged SAME price (and hey, don't mind to pay more for "normal" version anyway) for it and got NO ANY LOCK on RUS/CIS version at all. Only reason I (and, I bet, others) decided to get it from uplay is to give more money (steam fee) to support developers. So much for our support, right.

And hey, we all know russian and can, theoretically, play it in russian if not one small thing - russian translation is complete crap. Voicing - sponge bob square pants cartoon voicing is way better, here I have feeling it was done by students of school for mentally challenged people. Translation itself is incorrect in virtually every dialogue (look above for just one example - "I'm, not repairing. Calibrating." became "I'm not repairing. I'm calibrator" not to mention zillions of syntactic, grammar and stylistic mistakes and lips synced to english voices (personally, I can't stand this at all).

I do understand that we sound like bunch of enraged nerds, but trust me, if this is not resolved I'm going to prepare collective suit and go fsck ubi at court - it's direct violation of my local and russian laws and resolution court will give "fix the product or, if impossible, refund". It IS possible (I accidentally replaced localization.lang file while in multiplayer by one from AC3, switched to single player and got everything in english, will be enough for court).

gerryblood
11-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Mr_Shade, thank you for your answer.
Glad that we finally got some attention to this situation. As you already know, same situation happened on Steam with Borderlands 2, and it resolved in favor of gamers. Our point is: we bought a full game, it already has all localizations in it folder, offer in shop doesn`t says that it is region locked game. In the same time Steam version provides full regional support. So basically what you are saying is that is our mistake to buy the game from Ubisoft own service? I understand our community on this forum pretty low, we can`t provide big resonance like Steam community, but we just want to enjoy the game in the language we like, original language, without any troubles and game modification.

cabirum
11-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Received the same reply regarding refund --

К сожалению, отказаться от игры возможности нет. Мы не принимаем цифровые версии игр. Вы приобрели игру с русскоязычного сайта. Игры, приобретенные с русскоязычного содержат русский мастер только.
So, I replied that two options are acceptable: they either replace RU version with the proper one, containing English language, or they have to refund the game .
As a last measure I'm doing chargeback and not buying anything from UBI again.

Ierr
11-20-2013, 07:33 PM
In thread dedicated to the game about pirats cant discuss piracy. Okaay...

To be serious - point taken. Just dont make anything harsh to the thread, pls, its important one: number of players was no aware that they buy russian-only version and now cant get refund because of refund policy. What would you do in their place?

As i searched through forums, same problem with pre-ordered games. People paid money for language-locked version although the main reason for them to participate in pre-order is to get game without crappy localisation. Imagine - ppl who voiceacted in russian version do this for cartoons, movies and other games. Even if they were good (and they arent!) it is frustrating to listen to the same voices over and over.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Well I have asked for updates at my end, however like I said, make sure you have all contacted support to complain.

At this point, I can only pass your comments on.

Ishad
11-20-2013, 07:35 PM
They are lying as well. I bought my copy from all-english site. No single russian letter.

Again, I want to point ubi to situation with borderlands 2 - http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderlands_2#.D0.A0.D1.83.D1.81.D1.81.D0.BA.D0.B0 .D1.8F_.D0.BB.D0.BE.D0.BA.D0.B0.D0.BB.D0.B8.D0.B7. D0.B0.D1.86.D0.B8.D1.8F_.D0.B8_.D1.80.D0.B5.D0.B3. D0.B8.D0.BE.D0.BD.D0.B0.D0.BB.D1.8C.D0.BD.D1.8B.D0 .B5_.D0.BE.D0.B3.D1.80.D0.B0.D0.BD.D0.B8.D1.87.D0. B5.D0.BD.D0.B8.D1.8F (russian only, sorry, feel our pain) - 2K fixed problem day after. Will ubi do the same?..

DartFly
11-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Guys,

If you are going to simply start saying you will pirate the game - this thread WILL be locked and people suspended.

I can only refer you to your local support, who will know much more than anyone on the forum - however I have asked, but I can't promise an answer you will agree with - different regions may have different language support.

in this case RUS/CIS is Russian only.

Now, you can either wait until i hear back - or - continue to post about pirating the game - and get this thread locked.

Well, you should consider at least to tell us that this game is russian only. What I see now - is a scam.
You sell a game without any information how it will be locked or what it will contain inside. Shop is in english even if it tell me that "it loaded for my home country" and I assume that game should also be in english, why not? And then I found myself with region locked game, I am forced to download russian game when not one ever told me it will be russian.
If you will check retais store you will see that it will contain "Russian" on every box. Most game have RU/EN mix. This is correct. But you sold us wrong product, we were misslead. We can sue you.

Oh, well, we can't... we are 'russians'.

Please point me to a game on uplay which have this listed languages on product page. I have checked several - haven't found any info. It seems that Uplay just do not want me to know about any game at all and it do not want me to sell anything. Well, it took me some time to find how to buy AC4, when it should be done by one button, without 10 redirects.

Also please point me to where I can see which standard language is for my region. Where is information about any region? You also do not have this info.
Why there is no info in billing about this?

Наименование продукта: Assassin's CreedŽ IV Black Flag™ Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition
Платформа: PC (Pre-Ordered)
pre-ordered release date: Thu Nov 21 00:00:00 CST 2013
Заказанное количество: 1
Сумма: 25,00€
Until you do - I can consider this as scam and that you sold me wrong product. I were misslead and ANY retail shop, even in russia, will return money to buyer. This is customer rights.
And I know that if you will do same thing with germany - you will be sued in same day.

Denissimmo
11-20-2013, 07:42 PM
I contacted the so called support previously with other region-locked games. This is just ignored. I can live with the fact that the Ubishop sells a region-locked game in one language only - I can buy it from other place - what I cannot live with is that the Ubishop page for the game does not provide ANY information about language limitations or languages available in the edition whatsoever. This is misleading for the customer. Unacceptable. You will never be able to compete with steam with an attitude like that.

Ishad
11-20-2013, 07:44 PM
2DartFly: this guy didn't sold you this product or tried to scam you. He is just community manager actually doing his best to help us. But yes, ubisoft did scammed us and we want this situation resolved (peacefully if possible).

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Those are all questions you need to be asking support, since they are the only people who can answer.

I was unaware that the Russian store operated in English, so I apologise for making assumptions - and I thought you would have had a localised version, since I am not support - I would not have access to other regions sites to check.

And I will point out again, no one on the forums, can deal with issues relating to purchases - you have to deal with the store directly - they are the only ones with access and you need to be contacting them.

If you don't get a reply, please update the ticket.

I will pass on your requests for English to be added, however I can't promise anything, so you need to make sure you are all making your local store support aware that you are not happy with the product, however I can't say anything relating to refunds, since it's not my place.

natashabal
11-20-2013, 07:52 PM
I totaly agree with everithing posted before.
If game has localization restrictions it should be clearly stated on uplay page.
From now on only steam.

Betweentheduck
11-20-2013, 07:53 PM
This is rediculous. Ubisoft, just give us Steam version and the problem is solved.

cabirum
11-20-2013, 08:06 PM
I think it's worth trying to spread the word through official facebook/twitter support channels for the matter to gain at least some publicity.
Both Steam and Origin offer the game with all langs available. I would even buy the game there, but only after a refund, since it's a matter of principle.

D-Kruger
11-20-2013, 08:17 PM
I wrote a letter to Igromania describing our problem. If they decide to mention this, it might help us.

KIRHAN30
11-20-2013, 08:19 PM
This is the first game I bought that has such a ridiculous stubbornness to prevent me from switching language. There is such indomitable Will power in it, which could be directed to more useful things.

Denissimmo
11-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks to Ishad for the provided workaround. It will really help until a proper solution is found - hopefully, the English language unlock from Ubisoft in the next patch.

DartFly
11-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Heh, I can't play it today. It seems that uplay was updated on startup, but I may be mistaken. Yesterday everything were fine - loaded it a lot of time, today - AC4BFSP.exe stopped working. Great, now even russian is forbidden in some way.

Ierr
11-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Can anybody explain me - why there is language lock at all? I mean, all language packs are already made, there is no extra cost for extra DVD in a box since we have digital version. I believe there is no technical problem in making language choice available before game is bound to account. So, if you really-really (although for what reason??) need certain customers to have 1 langpack only - why choose for them?

The whole issue raised from this.

Kirdan1989
11-20-2013, 08:59 PM

I did - employee named Mikhail said: "Sorry but you can't change the language. I can't help you". Which is an obvious lie since the language files are in fact in the game. Moreover I bought the game directly from uPlay and it didnt say one word of the game having only russian language.
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/MyQuestionHistory.aspx?ticketid=5003000000SHt94#

Kirdan1989
11-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Those are all questions you need to be asking support, since they are the only people who can answer.

I was unaware that the Russian store operated in English, so I apologise for making assumptions - and I thought you would have had a localised version, since I am not support - I would not have access to other regions sites to check.

And I will point out again, no one on the forums, can deal with issues relating to purchases - you have to deal with the store directly - they are the only ones with access and you need to be contacting them.

Mr_Shade
I think you are missing that pretty much everyone here bought the game from your official ubisoft online store - not retail shop somewhere in Moscow. It was a digital purchase which had no info on the languages contained within. Hence I`m asking question here, even though I did ask russian support.

DartFly
11-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Can anybody explain me - why there is language lock at all? I mean, all language packs are already made, there is no extra cost for extra DVD in a box since we have digital version. I believe there is no technical problem in making language choice available before game is bound to account. So, if you really-really (although for what reason??) need certain customers to have 1 langpack only - why choose for them?

The whole issue raised from this.

Different pricing system in different regions.
In UK game cost 40 pounds, in europe probably around 60Eur, in USA - 60 UDS. In CIS - lover. 25 EUR for deluxe.
Based on this most players from US/EU contries may try to purchase game from CIS region, to pay less and have same game. There are many people who is living now by selling game from cheapest region to more expeisive ones.
This could be fixed in 2 ways:
region lock - when game is available only from IP from some region and you can't launch it from another one (ubi did this to ac4 in steam the day before releasing the game)
language lock - not many people in europe want to play in other languages that they do not know.

When AC2 were released ubi were declaring war to pirates (all hail online drm!), and still it affected many legit users. Today they are fighting agains legit users, who not so legit as they should be from their point of view.
It's a war between 2 greeds.

D-Kruger
11-20-2013, 09:12 PM
ACHTUNG!

If you replace the .lang file with this one http://rghost.ru/50302181 you can choose English sound. Not the text, though.

Ishad
11-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Aaa! Now these two fixes combines. First do multiplayer trick with AC3-english version of game. Exit it, replace (ehm... not replace, accidentally drop it to AC4 dir... well... you know) lang with one provided by D-Kruger - now everything is unlocked (yay!), everything is in english (even while it says "Norwegian" in menu, lol). Awesome!

Backflashs
11-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Не мытьем так катаньем. Надеюсь это не угробит дополнения или МП. Работает. Благо я субтитрами не пользуюсь, а текст можно пережить.

DvlopR
11-20-2013, 09:46 PM
i bought the game on the norwegian uplay shop and i only get the russian version aswell. makes no sense

DartFly
11-20-2013, 09:56 PM
i bought the game on the norwegian uplay shop and i only get the russian version aswell. makes no sense

Didn't you heard that gazprom purchased Norway‎? Sorry pal :(

KIRHAN30
11-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Finally I can start playing it. Ubisoft, no more purchases from me, sorry. Not from Uplay, thats for sure. God saved me from the Watch Dogs pre-order, because of some error in Ushop. Thanks for the useful experience though.

Thanks to everyone in this thread and huge thanks to Magistr from assassin's-creed.ru for fix. o/

Ierr
11-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Different pricing system in different regions.
In UK game cost 40 pounds, in europe probably around 60Eur, in USA - 60 UDS. In CIS - lover. 25 EUR for deluxe.
It's a war between 2 greeds.

Thanks for the reply, it really clears things out.

Still, i think they should have given the choice to the customer. It's their call to play russian version everywhere in the world or play any language in Russia only. I believe Ubisoft can do that ) And if people want to pay MORE only to play English version - why not let them? It's the same amount of GBs to download.

May i hope that this suggestion will be passed to whoever is in charge of decision-making? :) It's rather obvious idea..

Ishad
11-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Yes, I don't mind to pay few $ more, not a problem. Honestly, I haven't even noticed price really.

Betweentheduck
11-21-2013, 06:13 AM
ACHTUNG!

If you replace the .lang file with this one http://rghost.ru/50302181 you can choose English sound. Not the text, though.

Thanks, friend! It actually worked for me, as a temp solution at least.

OracleDJ
11-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Finally I can start playing it. Ubisoft, no more purchases from me, sorry. Not from Uplay, thats for sure. God saved me from the Watch Dogs pre-order, because of some error in Ushop. Thanks for the useful experience though.

Thanks to everyone in this thread and huge thanks to Magistr from assassin's-creed.ru for fix. o/

Wanted to type something similar, but this quote is exactly how i feel.
If you gonna sell region/language locked game, please advertise this on the page. Scamming people will only make them never purchase anything from your store.

D-Kruger
11-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Yeah, it's funny how "no refunds" is part of the policy, but "providing accurate information" isn't.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 12:00 PM
There is no "no refund" policy. Read your local laws (all CIS got the same) - if EULA (or any other "legal" document) isn't conforming to law (and we got law here which allows us to return ANY purchase d thing within 2 weeks without even explaining why) - law is more important. Point. So them idiot managers can write whatever they want in their policies, if you want your money back - you'll get your money back.

Ierr
11-21-2013, 12:37 PM
I'd prefer to have correct version of the game instead of refund.

AC4 is a good game with interesting story - i just started playing and its awesome. So I'd demand refund only if the game will be made unplayable (for example, if they close workaround with upcoming patch). I hope they value their reputation more than revenues from AC4.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Apparently, they don't value their reputation. Scam is scam and it's last thing I bought directly from uplay, no matter what.

Ierr
11-21-2013, 12:55 PM
I just contacted another "victim" with similar problem.

He wished to play russian version, had it for some time and then, for some reason, his version was recognised as "european" and switched to English. The guy doesn't know English so he has to use Google translete or something like that to communicate on forum. His friend has the same problem.

And yes, he gets the "no Russian support in your version" kind of answer from support.

His thread here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810286-Ubisoft-stole-my-money

gerryblood
11-21-2013, 01:17 PM
And none of this would have happened if Ubi just had both of game versions, Ru-only and multilanguage, on their shop aveilable from the beginning.

Ierr
11-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Too late for regrets i guess) Let's hope this issue will be addressed soon and for mutual benefit.

Any ideas how to make win-win solution out of this mess? Maybe we can come up with something usefull to prevent such problems in the future (i believe AC4 is not the last game in the series ,) )

Ishad
11-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Proper solution: they should shut down uplay. Even origin is better ;) Win-win.
Acceptable solution: make it clear which languages (and other significant features) are available in product you are going to buy. Like steam and origin does. Or, better yet, forget about idiotic language-locks once and for all.

And, of course, make public apology to users hurt by this scam. Or some useless in game item exclusively for that people. Anything, just some sign that tells "we ****ed up, sorry, we'll not do that again".

Also, they should fix their support and stop lying to customers. Yesterday I got answer from some one signed as "Olga" with google-translated russian text. At 10PM GMT+2, right. I can bet real "Olga"s name is Lia Fum Min or smth. But come on. I know bit or two about support here (made proper support division for our company from ground up) - where is ETA on answer? Where is live chat? Where is "I want to escalate it" flag. Where is public bug tracker? Where is language chooser after all?

gerryblood
11-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Well, I guess if Ubi wants to stick with current regional policy, the easiest sulution is different versions in shop. If they don`t, they should just keep multi8 version and make it more expensive to russian market, but it isn`t a win-win for everyone. Another way is to release some kind of DLC language packs, but I really don`t know what price they shoul have and its overall tricky, although I would buy one of this if price is ok.

Ierr
11-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Heh, doubt they would shut Uplay down)

Some public communication should take place. They can even get positive reputation from that if they do it properly, who knows)

Who needs useless item since it's useless and takes some time to develop and add to the game? These customers should get language changer enabled, maybe free upgrade to the version that allows that. The game already bound to account, so no resell scheme here possible. Only for those who were affected and deceived by information in Uplay that didnt state what languages are included.

Since they add info about languages, nobody is ever affected or can state that they were not aware of what they were buying. So, it's one-time action and a win one.

I doubt they'll loose much money on that because of bunch DLC they are selling and going to sell.

Denissimmo
11-21-2013, 03:38 PM
This is hilarious... A reply from local support regarding the absence of any information about the language limitations in the game:

"
Ответ от Ubisoft Support:

Спасибо за отзыв.

Вы разместили заказ на русскоязычном сайте ru_RU.

Данная версия игры адаптирована для русскоязычного пользователя только.

Возврат / возмещение средств для цифровых товаров не осуществляется.

Проверив историю сообщений мы не видим, чтобы вы к нам обращались за информацией о языковом пакете данной игры.

Информация о языковом пакете обычно доступна ближе к дате выхода игры."

Which can be translated as follows:

"Thank you for your feedback.
You made the order in the Russian-language site ru_RU.
The given version of the game is adapted for the Russian-speaking user only.
A refund for digital products is not performed.
Having checked the history of messages we do not see your requests where you'd ask about the language pack of the given game.
Information about the language pack of a game usually become available closer to the release date."

Facepalm. They basically want us to contact support for each game you want to buy just to find about the available languages... Also the information about the languages is NOT available even now, after release, not just for AC Black Flag, for any game. And I wouldn't be able to but for a different shop region, because I'm always automatically redirected to the Ru shop... What should I do? Use proxy? "Cool service... so modern and customer-friendly".

D-Kruger
11-21-2013, 03:47 PM
It seems to me this issue will ultimately be ignored. There're too few of us to make them care. Which is a pity, since Ubisoft makes some nice games which have to suffer because of their horrendous and despicable customer support. I'm really glad I did not pre-order Watch Dogs. This money will go to the Witcher's developers next year.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Heh, doubt they would shut Uplay down)

Some public communication should take place. They can even get positive reputation from that if they do it properly, who knows)

Who needs useless item since it's useless and takes some time to develop and add to the game? These customers should get language changer enabled, maybe free upgrade to the version that allows that. The game already bound to account, so no resell scheme here possible. Only for those who were affected and deceived by information in Uplay that didnt state what languages are included.

Since they add info about languages, nobody is ever affected or can state that they were not aware of what they were buying. So, it's one-time action and a win one.

I doubt they'll loose much money on that because of bunch DLC they are selling and going to sell.

It's intent that matters here. Useless item (golden toilet seat for you jackdaw, why not) will just show their intent :)

Ishad
11-21-2013, 03:53 PM
This is hilarious... A reply from local support regarding the absence of any information about the language limitations in the game:

"
Ответ от Ubisoft Support:

Спасибо за отзыв.

Вы разместили заказ на русскоязычном сайте ru_RU.

Данная версия игры адаптирована для русскоязычного пользователя только.

Возврат / возмещение средств для цифровых товаров не осуществляется.

Проверив историю сообщений мы не видим, чтобы вы к нам обращались за информацией о языковом пакете данной игры.

Информация о языковом пакете обычно доступна ближе к дате выхода игры."

Which can be translated as follows:

"Thank you for your feedback.
You made the order in the Russian-language site ru_RU.
The given version of the game is adapted for the Russian-speaking user only.
A refund for digital products is not performed.
Having checked the history of messages we do not see your requests where you'd ask about the language pack of the given game.
Information about the language pack of a game usually become available closer to the release date."

Facepalm. They basically want us to contact support for each game you want to buy just to find about the available languages... Also the information about the languages is NOT available even now, after release, not just for AC Black Flag, for any game. And I wouldn't be able to but for a different shop region, because I'm always automatically redirected to the Ru shop... What should I do? Use proxy? "Cool service... so modern and customer-friendly".

Hey! I actually DID contact support for that matter. Here is log:

---------------->

Maria10/14/2013 2:37:43 PM
Assain's Creed 3, предоставленный в Uplay магазине не русифицирован.

Ishad10/5/2013 2:18:58 AM
Переформулирую ещё раз - Assain's Creed 3 при продаже в xUSSR включал в себя английский язык?

Maria10/4/2013 6:33:07 PM
К сожалению, информации о языковом пакете запрашиваемой игры нам не известна.

Ishad10/4/2013 3:56:53 AM
Попробуем сформулировать иначе - выходили ли у вас игры которые были лочены на только-русский вариант?

Maria10/3/2013 6:20:42 PM
В нашем интернет магазине доступно следующие издания только: Assassin’s CreedŽ IV Чёрный флаг™ - Special Edition http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/ru_RU/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.283811100/Assassins_Creed%C2%AE_IV_%D0%A7%D1%91%D1%80%D0%BD% D1%8B%D0%B9_%D1%84%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B3%E2%84%A2_-_Special_Edition.html Assassin's CreedŽ IV Black Flag™ Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/ru_RU/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.288216100/Assassins_Creed%C2%AE_IV_Black_Flag%E2%84%A2_Uplay _Digital_Deluxe_Edition.html Пожалуйста, примите ко вниманию, что игра в цифровом формате. Языковой пакет данной игры будет известен ближе к выходу издания.
Ishad10/3/2013 9:45:45 AM

Я собираюсь преоберсти Assasin's Creed 4 DDE. Я в первый раз приобретаю что либо напрямую через shop.ubi.com и хотел бы уточнить будет ли доступна оригинальная (английская) версия продукта

<----------------

And, you remember, I told you this information before your purchased, I can confirm that ;] So go and **** them.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 03:56 PM
It seems to me this issue will ultimately be ignored. There're too few of us to make them care. Which is a pity, since Ubisoft makes some nice games which have to suffer because of their horrendous and despicable customer support. I'm really glad I did not pre-order Watch Dogs. This money will go to the Witcher's developers next year.

I'm going to sue them. Probably will have few free days in a week to prepare claim. Some one should do this - such nonsense can't continue.

Now to their replies. They claim that they provide russian version of product. I don't see any - language used in game is some kind of pidgin-russian. Demand proper russian version from them, with proper translation and proper voice actors, just for lulz.

Kirdan1989
11-21-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm going to sue them. Probably will have few free days in a week to prepare claim. Some one should do this - such nonsense can't continue.

Now to their replies. They claim that they provide russian version of product. I don't see any - language used in game is some kind of pidgin-russian. Demand proper russian version from them, with proper translation and proper voice actors, just for lulz.
I would like to participate. We can make this a collective claim

gerryblood
11-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Looks like in latest patch Ubi fixed our ability to enable English via previous solution. We are back to Ru-ru.

WeaselJCD
11-21-2013, 05:19 PM
lol
this can't be for real...
I love how this is the first thing they fix...
I'm 100% confident the problem with the save files where people lost their gameprogress when they reentered the game isn't resolved...
(me included, i was reset from 12% completion to 1%)
way to go ubisoft

Jackie_Kaiyo
11-21-2013, 05:39 PM
I have the same problem, and I did contact with the support. The same reply.
"К сожалению, сменить язык в вашей версии игры нет возможности. Приносим извинения за неудобства."
"Unfortunately you can't change language in your version of the game"
I can't believe, they didn't gave us choice what version we want to buy. I think that the idea with a collective claim it's just perfect.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 05:43 PM
when they got it out?

UP. installed updated. still on english version. pew.

gerryblood
11-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Couple hours ago, I don`t know exact time.

Frag_Meister
11-21-2013, 05:51 PM
This is over the top. With latest patch they actually REMOVED ability to play with English VA? Why would they do that? It won't bring ANY benefit to them at all.
I bought their game, while thousand of others pirate it, and I get this? Also, I have no chance getting a refund? If this won't get solved in some way, AC4 will be the last thing I bought from Ubi.
Good way to treat your fans, Ubisoft.

D-Kruger
11-21-2013, 05:53 PM
I cannot for the life of me understand the resoning behing making all these obatacles for people who give you money. It's not food, or clothes, or cars. It's stuff that's available on every other site in the Internet for free. Instead of being grateful that people choose to pay, you get... well. you know what we get.
I'm from Belarus, but I'd join your class action (that's English for коллективый иск ;) ) if possible.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 05:55 PM
For 10th time - they think you can't get refund but, if you live in xUSSR, you CAN. By ****ing law. You can get refund on ANY product you bought, no matter what's in EULA/agreement/other ******** - that's stated by that same law. Закон о защите прав потребителя, go read it.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 05:56 PM
I cannot for the life of me understand the resoning behing making all these obatacles for people who give you money. It's not food, or clothes, or cars. It's stuff that's available on every other site in the Internet for free. Instead of being grateful that people choose to pay, you get... well. you know what we get.
I'm from Belarus, but I'd join your class action (that's English for коллективый иск ;) ) if possible.

From belarus as well ;) Let's work on it :)

Ierr
11-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Looks like this patch can be skipped. They say it is required to play online and i didnt like MP anywa (but no li

With autopatch gonna be trouble though)

OracleDJ
11-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Looks like this patch can be skipped. They say it is required to play online and i didnt like MP anywa (but no li

With autopatch gonna be trouble though)

I did install the patch, but english fix still works for me.

no1sebox
11-21-2013, 06:33 PM
actually we still CAN play in english, all they did is just deleted sound data, download sounds_eng.pck and all will be fine. This was my last purchase, never again

Frag_Meister
11-21-2013, 06:39 PM
actually we still CAN play in english, all they did is just deleted sound data, download sounds_eng.pck and all will be fine. This was my last purchase, never again
That's the way to support your customers. Never again, Ubisoft, never again.

D-Kruger
11-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Lol, they act like cartoon villains.
I wonder how our court can help in this situation since no part of Ubisoft is located in Belarus.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Ah, they idiots deleted all sound packs but russian from the game. ****ers. Anyone still got soundata/pc_dx11/sounds_eng.pck please?

UP. nvm, googled it.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Lol, they act like cartoon villains.
I wonder how our court can help in this situation since no part of Ubisoft is located in Belarus.

They got office in russia and belarussian court decision applies there :)

no1sebox
11-21-2013, 07:01 PM
as soon as dropbox stops fooling around I'll share the link, but in the meantime you can try finding .torrent or suggesting me another service with decent speed
Oh, and no luck with subtitles. Somehow they smashed,tore and blew english subtitles only, I've got japanese and etc...but why?

Je_day
11-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Totally support. I suggest UBisoft should release sound packs as FREE (you are not EA) DLC. That will be the fastest, the most harmless way to give costumers what they want. Ubisoft don't be like that.

Rooxie3
11-21-2013, 07:08 PM
They deal with it so professional! I really like it. Really. Looks like they are talking "Eat this, you piece of russian ****". They really want us not to buy their products anymore? Such a great way to support your customers, I really appreciate it. Thanks god Ubi delayed WD so we can think again and don't buy it. Great servise.

And this is ridiculous issue. I only wanted to play with original sound. No cheat or something same! Just english voices. The way it's meant to be played (just like Nvidia says). We will find the way to fix it. If not, well, it's not such a big problem. But we will never forget your attitude to us.

Thanks Mr. Shade for at least some attention from the Ubi side. That's not your fault that the company you are working for is such insolent.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Totally support. I suggest UBisoft should release sound packs as FREE (you are not EA) DLC. That will be the fastest, the most harmless way to give costumers what they want. Ubisoft don't be like that.

No need. Only thing they need to do - put back english sound pack and disable that idiotic protection. Done.

no1sebox
11-21-2013, 07:14 PM
dropbox played ubi and failed me, so here's an alternative, should there be any problems with downloading-let me know. There are two files (just in case)

OracleDJ
11-21-2013, 07:17 PM
http://yadi.sk/d/sVpfecx7D6cFX

dropbox played ubi and failed me, so here's an alternative, should there be any problems with downloading-let me know. There are two files (just in case)
Thank you for your help.

no1sebox
11-21-2013, 07:22 PM
I sense a new patch is brewing in their evil laboratories already, with another brilliant anti-english fix. Maybe they fancy russian localization and they want us to see the real beauty of the game

Ishad
11-21-2013, 07:23 PM
They deal with it so professional! I really like it. Really. Looks like they are talking "Eat this, you piece of russian ****". They really want us not to buy their products anymore? Such a great way to support your customers, I really appreciate it. Thanks god Ubi delayed WD so we can think again and don't buy it. Great servise.

And this is ridiculous issue. I only wanted to play with original sound. No cheat or something same! Just english voices. The way it's meant to be played (just like Nvidia says). We will find the way to fix it. If not, well, it's not such a big problem. But we will never forget your attitude to us.

Thanks Mr. Shade for at least some attention from the Ubi side. That's not your fault that the company you are working for is such insolent.

Considering the fact that software piracy doesn't exists in belarus (there is no laws or terms for that, it's absolutely legal here to download anything from torrent or, better yet, to go to nearest shop and buy damn pirate disk (yes, in legal shop, they will even pay taxes for that)) I don't think ubi will get single cent from me anymore (and yes, as software developer myself I'm against software piracy).

2Mr.Shade: Please pass that to ubisoft managers: Most of xUSSR countries either got no laws against software piracy or blindly ignore them, you can download or buy in shop pirated versions of any software product without any consequences. There are some people who are trying to support developers and pay them for their products just because we think it's not fair to steal from someone (and advocate AGAINST software piracy actually). In exchange they got this scam attempt (successful one) from ubisoft. It's not the way to go. My friends (who got pirated versions) are laughing at me at the moment and, I'm pretty sure, all my efforts to turn them to rightful path were nullified by you. Thank you.

Kirdan1989
11-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Anyone founds the file for english subs?

Ishad
11-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Anyone founds the file for english subs?

There is no one. It's bundled in some common pack (but again - if you'll accidentally replace localization.lang - everything will be fine)/

DartFly
11-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Everyone, please no torrents, links or any fixe exchange in open. Use PM and edit your posts.

Kirdan1989
11-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Nope, if you accidentally replace the sound (voices) and menus turn english but not the subs (at least for me)

Ierr
11-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Im waiting for them to tell that language packs were included by mistake blah blah blah and it should have been single language pack only.

So disappointing.

D-Kruger
11-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Im waiting for them to tell that language packs were included by mistake blah blah blah and it should have been single language pack only.

So disappointing.

Maybe they really intended that. But that still doesn't change the fact that, had they mentioned the restriction on the shop page, most of the people in this thread would never have bought it in the first place.

Ishad
11-21-2013, 07:52 PM
http://rghost.ru/50339153 (ubi - if you think this file violates anything, I'll remove it at once and will provide ppl with hexdump or image of elephant with vbs sources to generate these engraved on it - 14 byes can't be considered IP).

Теперь историю на тему "как прошёл мой день".

1. Я решил поиграть в мультиплеер AC4 но тут мне в скайп пришло сообщение - я альтабнулся в скайп.
2. Мой друг прислал мне подозрительный файл (он по ссылке в директории ac3e) и я его случайно сохранил в директорию с AC4.
3. Я решил продолжить игру, переключился в AC4 но решил что сингл меня сейчас устроит больше. Спасибо убисофту, там есть кнопка специальная - что бы ролики по два раза не смотреть.
4. В синглплеере я решил что русский мне больше не нравится, зашёл в меню и выставил английский язык.
5. Скайп опять заорал, я понял что поиграть в ближайшее время мне не дадут, и закрыл AC4.
6. В скайпик друг прислал очередной файл (он лежит в директории nor) и я его опять случайно сохранил в директорию AC4.

Собственно всё, хэф фан.

PS. Мой кот ходил по клавиатуре и случайно оставил на файл sound_eng.pck права только на чтение.

Ierr
11-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Взоржал.

Как юридически хитро все, особенно кот :))

Ierr
11-21-2013, 08:08 PM
asavin-ru's experience with support (he cant speak English and uses Google Translate. He is OK with me posting this).
Maria11/21/2013 4:48:45 PM
Вы действительно получили Европейскую версию игры, так как оформили заказ на нашем международном сайте en_IE Вы желаете отменить заказ? Пожалуйста, подтвердите.

Я покупал через оболочку юплэй, на русском языке, как такое может быть?
Я написал, что не надо возращать деньги, сейчас этой кредитки уже нет, она заблокирована, я попросил поменять версии. Очень надеюсь, что поменяют. Хз, если отменят заказ - сделают перевод на заблокированную карту и тогда вообще концов не найду.

In short: the guy bought AC4 from RUSSIAN Uplay (doesnt speak English, remember that, right?) and got the game. For the first day it was in Russian then it was switched to european version (with Russian blocked). The support tells him that he ordered the game on the internetional(!!) site (and probably in English part of the site if i get "en_IE" part right) so he gets euro version and can have his money back if he wants. Credit card he used for purchase is now blocked so if they send money back - he wont get it. He asked them to change versions and now waits for answer.

D-Kruger
11-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Люблю истории со счастливым концом :)

D-Kruger
11-21-2013, 08:20 PM
asavin-ru's experience with support (he cant speak English and uses Google Translate. He is OK with me posting this).

In short: the guy bought AC4 from RUSSIAN Uplay (doesnt speak English, remember that, right?) and got the game. For the first day it was in Russian then it was switched to european version (with Russian blocked). The support tells him that he ordered the game on the internetional(!!) site (and probably in English part of the site if i get "en_IE" part right) so he gets euro version and can have his money back if he wants. Credit card he used for purchase is now blocked so if they send money back - he wont get it. He asked them to change versions and now waits for answer.

Notice how they never said they'd return the money, They only asked if he wanted to cancel the order. If that were the case, their answer would be something like "Мы несем извинения. Цифровые покупки невозможно повернуть деньги."

Ierr
11-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Another thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/752776-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B5

These guys got non-russian version. But want to play with Russian localization.

D-Kruger
11-21-2013, 09:10 PM
I used to think SWTOR had the worst customer support. But we have a new winner!

Ierr
11-21-2013, 11:35 PM
I remember somebody on the thread sent a word to Igromania. Any response from them?

We could also involve ag.ru, riotpixels.ru and come internetional gamenews site. Or at least try to. What do you think?

KIRHAN30
11-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Воу-воу. Эти упыри удалили саунд паки? /о\ Хотят ещё кровушки попить за наши деньги? Ребята, киньте ссылку в личку пожалуйста на нужные паки если есть, не хочу из торрентов выдергивать.

johnsilver13
11-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Idiotskaya ideya, Ubisoft. Region lock is fine, language pack cuts are not.

IgGy001985
11-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Hi guys.

I have similar question regarding AC4 Spanish or German version. I'd want to purchase it from Amazon and the Spanish version is the cheapest for me (I'm from Croatia).

So, as far as I can tell, there is a way to play *other* version in English language. I should just google the English files, download them, and I'm ready to go?

Thanks.

johnsilver13
11-22-2013, 12:26 AM
Check the languages, Spanish version most likely includes an option to change to English.

D-Kruger
11-22-2013, 02:07 AM
I remember somebody on the thread sent a word to Igromania. Any response from them?

We could also involve ag.ru, riotpixels.ru and come internetional gamenews site. Or at least try to. What do you think?

No response yet. I think we should to make this known, especially after such petty "measures" as deleting sound files. The main point is that there was no mention about restrictions, and they refuse to acknowledge their mistake.

asavin-ru
11-22-2013, 08:48 AM
hi guys! I apologize for my English. my friend Ierr told you my story. it's true. I need Russian version. Maybe will be patch in future... I have no idea what i must to do.

Ierr
11-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Still nothing from support: I asked if i can change my version for version with English enabled. If it requires to pay more - Im OK with that.

My points:
I was not aware that tha game I buy will be russian-only.
There were no version that clearly stated it will be in English in Uplay

I also included link to this thread to give broader view on the issue.

Any luck with support? Anybody?

MistahCooki3
11-22-2013, 10:54 AM
so if you live in CIS but actually speak english, then it means that you are screwed if you buy the game from uplay..great job ubisoft! btw anyone knows if i get my hands on the english version of the game(dvd i mean) and install it, will it work with my RUS game? in all my previous purchases, i would install the game from my friend's dvd and uplay would detect them

Laniakeia
11-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Dear Ubisoft.
Please. Just let us choose the goddаmn language.
Best regards

Backflashs
11-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Grandma told me not to trust shady publisher platforms and i didn't listen.
Next time only steam, have a nice 20% loss Ubisoft.

yeyobunny
11-22-2013, 12:36 PM
The new update is out which re downloaded all the sound packs. But you still cant choose English or any other languages in options. Can we expect another 14 bytes update in the near future. Not that i personally need it though. But "accidentally" moving some files every time i start the game is getting ****in annoying.

DartFly
11-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Hi guys.

I have similar question regarding AC4 Spanish or German version. I'd want to purchase it from Amazon and the Spanish version is the cheapest for me (I'm from Croatia).

So, as far as I can tell, there is a way to play *other* version in English language. I should just google the English files, download them, and I'm ready to go?

Thanks.

If you version will not have english (but it should) you can do same as with russian. It's universal fix, but it may require some adjustement, but maybe not.

Ishad
11-22-2013, 01:42 PM
The new update is out which re downloaded all the sound packs. But you still cant choose English or any other languages in options. Can we expect another 14 bytes update in the near future. Not that i personally need it though. But "accidentally" moving some files every time i start the game is getting ****in annoying.

Did not re-download anything for me ;)

arasjr
11-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Hello guys.
Can someone tell me please how to make english version to russian ? ordered at ubishop

Ishad
11-22-2013, 01:56 PM
If you got english-only version - no known way at the moment and you don't really need it, trust me - there is no russian translation of this game, only pidgin-russian which is unplayable. If you got pidgin-russian-only - read this short story http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/809991-Black-Flag-english-localization-on-russian-game?p=9390713&viewfull=1#post9390713

arasjr
11-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Thank you,then i can play in english too, russian for me is better to understand,but otherwise, learning english is better :D

D-Kruger
11-22-2013, 02:40 PM
A little off-topic, but can you guys open statistics in the database? The game shows that I'm not connected to the servers.

heihachi88
11-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Can anyone send an english sounds pack file?

D-Kruger
11-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Can anyone send an english sounds pack file?

There's a link to it in the previous pages.

heihachi88
11-22-2013, 04:04 PM
There's a link to it in the previous pages.

Thanks but im unable to find it i see only localization.lang files
Could you help me find it, thanks in advance :)

Warpig2211
11-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks but im unable to find it i see only localization.lang files
Could you help me find it, thanks in advance :)

Also doesnt work with the localization.lang i tryed it already.

You already have all language files in the sounddata folder.

Its on my installation at least.

heihachi88
11-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Also doesnt work with the localization.lang i tryed it already.

You already have all language files in the sounddata folder.

Its on my installation at least.

I don't, just damn russian. :( Could u share it via dropbox or whatever?

Rezol_
11-22-2013, 04:16 PM
So, after (entirely unintentionally, I might add) losing all access to the ACIV key in the registry, my game would allow me to select English sound as well as a variety of European menus and subtitles - except for English and, oddly enough, Russian. Good thing I know a tiny bit German to be able to navigate the menus.

I don't want to fiddle with the files of games I bought, but I will probably not change this back until there is at least a DLC that enables all languages. Please think about it Ubisoft, that would be a win/win situation.

asavin-ru
11-22-2013, 04:18 PM
support renamed my ticket on: Refund request / Wrong language
I think a money refund is possible

OracleDJ
11-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Not a chance. I got a reply that refund for digital goods is impossibe. Same thing when i asked to change my version - they said i should've asked before buying. That is all.
I would never buy anything from Ubisoft store ever again.

D-Kruger
11-22-2013, 04:29 PM

Mine was called the same.

heihachi88
11-22-2013, 04:35 PM
So guys can you point me to a sounds_eng.pck file?

GigabyteKZ
11-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Парни успокойтесь, юбисофт делают нормальные игры, но на игроков они клали, вам ничем не помогут, забейте и играйте с тем, что есть.

asavin-ru
11-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Не согласен "играть с тем, что есть" - хочу именно то за что заплатил деньги и раскачаю их, уверен. Только время и силы жаль.

D-Kruger
11-22-2013, 04:44 PM
So guys can you point me to a sounds_eng.pck file?

I sent you a PM.

GigabyteKZ
11-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Не согласен "играть с тем, что есть" - хочу именно то за что заплатил деньги и раскачаю их, уверен. Только время и силы жаль.
Ничего у тебя не выйдет, на личном опыте проверил с гоуст реконом, там была почти такая же проблема, деньги никто не вернет.

asavin-ru
11-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Not a chance. I got a reply that refund for digital goods is impossibe. Same thing when i asked to change my version - they said i should've asked before buying. That is all..

you got what you bought, you bought a Russian version, me too. but I got the English. these are different situations.

Warpig2211
11-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Hello guys i have now a working tutorial made for you who whant to change the language !

English and German are included .

Who whants it pls write me a pm ;)

D-Kruger
11-22-2013, 04:51 PM
you got what you bought, you bought a Russian version, me too. but I got the English. these are different situations.

And how do you know which version you bought? It's not like they state which one it is anywhere in the shop.

heihachi88
11-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Hello guys i have now a working tutorial made for you who whant to change the language !

PM sent

Ubi_Irina
11-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Добрый день, уважаемые игроки,

так как проблема касается русских пользователей, русской версии игры, в виде исключения, пишу вам на русском языке.
Хотела сообщить вам, что мы с вниманием читаем комментарии в данной теме: в самое ближайшее время в описание игры в UplayShop будет добавлена пометка о том, что игра предоставляется только на русском языке. Это позволит предупредить будущих покупателей.

Если вы уже приобрели версию в UplayShop и не удовлетворены наличием только русского языка, спешу отметить, что на данный момент мы работаем над решением данной проблемы. Пока что большей информации у меня нет, но обязательно сообщу в данной теме уже ближе к следующей неделе.

Надеюсь на ваше терпение,

Ubi_Irina
Community Developer

Kirdan1989
11-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Ирина,
Меня удовлетворят два варианта развития событий:
1) Ubisoft выпускает патч, который открывает все языки
или
2) Ubisoft возвращает мне деньги.
Все остальное наши проблемы не решит.

Kroganwrex
11-22-2013, 05:06 PM
I did not purchase the key from Uplayshop but the shop I purchased the key from advertised the key as russian/english which is clearly ubisofts fault for selling the key to retailers under that premise. That being said, obviously uplay cannot refund me but it is also NOT the fault of the retailer I purchased the key from so I am not seeking a refund. I want the ability to play the game in English with my apparently "russian" copy. Thanks.

Ishad
11-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Not a chance. I got a reply that refund for digital goods is impossibe. Same thing when i asked to change my version - they said i should've asked before buying. That is all.
I would never buy anything from Ubisoft store ever again.

I asked - support ticket log on one of prev pages. You can tell them suckers that I asked and told that to you - I can confirm that in court ffs.

Ubi_Irina
11-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Ирина,
Меня удовлетворят два варианта развития событий:
1) Ubisoft выпускает патч, который открывает все языки
или
2) Ubisoft возвращает мне деньги.
Все остальное наши проблемы не решит.

Добрый вечер,

я прочитала все комментарии и могу вас заверить, что все аргументы и пожелания по тому, как проблема может быть решена, были собраны. Сейчас мы как раз обрабатываем эту информацию и проверяем реализуемость различных вариантов. Я обязательно отпишусь как только решение будет принято. Это не моментально, но ваша проблема не останется без внимания.

Ирина

Ishad
11-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Ничего у тебя не выйдет, на личном опыте проверил с гоуст реконом, там была почти такая же проблема, деньги никто не вернет.

это лохам не вернули :) но я не хочу деньги обратно. оно ж копейки стоит - пол часа работы. я хочу то за что я заплатил.

gerryblood
11-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Ирина. спасибо что показали нам что мы тут не зря распинаемся.

Очень бы хотелось узнать, будут ли принятые в дальнейшем меры касаться только версии предоставляемой UplayShop или всей ветки Ру-онли локализаций в общем?

OracleDJ
11-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Если вы уже приобрели версию в UplayShop и не удовлетворены наличием только русского языка, спешу отметить, что на данный момент мы работаем над решением данной проблемы. Пока что большей информации у меня нет, но обязательно сообщу в данной теме уже ближе к следующей неделе

Ubi_Irina
Community Developer
Спасибо.

Ubi_Irina
11-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Ирина. спасибо что показали нам что мы тут не зря распинаемся.

Очень бы хотелось узнать, будут ли принятые в дальнейшем меры касаться только версии предоставляемой UplayShop или всей ветки Ру-онли локализаций в общем?

Добрый вечер,

Мы рассматриваем только случай с UplayShop.

Ирина

Ishad
11-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Добрый вечер,

я прочитала все комментарии и могу вас заверить, что все аргументы и пожелания по тому, как проблема может быть решена, были собраны. Сейчас мы как раз обрабатываем эту информацию и проверяем реализуемость различных вариантов. Я обязательно отпишусь как только решение будет принято. Это не моментально, но ваша проблема не останется без внимания.

Ирина

спасибо хоть за какой то комментарий.

а вот вы можете объяснить какому альтернативно одарённому "человеку" пришла в голову эта светлая идея и чего он хотел достичь вот таким вот решением? я не понимаю. мне 33 года, последние 16 лет я работаю в IT, неоднократно учавствовал в выпуске продуктов с какими либо ограничениями, но они все имели смысл - урезанная функциональность с возможность доплатить и получить полную например. ок. и даже пусть его, это продукт убисофт, вы можете делать с ним что хотите, это ваше право. наша основная претензия - мы не были информированы что мы покупаем продукт с только pidgin-russian языком (серьёзно, вы пытались играть в это на русском?). и да - я задал этот вопрос саппорту перед покупкой - тикет 00750271 - саппорт ответил что он не в курсе.

я писал уже, но повторю ещё раз - как вы наверное знаете в xUSSR вовсю процветает пиратство, более того оно не то что ненаказуемо, в беларуских магазинах свободно торгуют пирасткими дисками - я сегодня ездил за продуктами, видел вот этот самый AC4 за $8 примерно. я стараюсь агитировать знакомых покупать лицензионные продукты, это сложно as-is - люди не считают пиратство воровством. и вот последние дни мои друзья которые таки украли AC4 натурально смеются надо мной и я не знаю как им объяснить что пиратство это плохо а легальная копия даёт больше разных хороших вещей - потому что ситуация обратная.

asavin-ru
11-22-2013, 05:28 PM
And how do you know which version you bought? It's not like they state which one it is anywhere in the shop.

because I bought in Russian, Russian version of the game through uplay. It's obvious!

asavin-ru
11-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Добрый вечер,

Ирина

Ирина, как быть с теми кто купил русскую версию, а получил английскую? А покупал через русский интерфейс юплэй и теперь у меня английская версия. Очевидно, что мне нужна русская, именно та, за которую я заплатил деньги!

Здесь люди с той же проблемой! - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/752776-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B5/page2

Ishad
11-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Hmm. I bought game from english uplay, with english title and even paid for it using USA CC. And i got russian only. Probably should have used chineese shop or smth to get english ;)

asavin-ru
11-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Hmm. I bought game from english uplay, with english title and even paid for it using USA CC. And i got russian only. Probably should have used chineese shop or smth to get english ;)

Apparently it's some kind of trick! Magic!))

Ubi_Irina
11-22-2013, 05:38 PM
спасибо хоть за какой то комментарий.

а вот вы можете объяснить какому альтернативно одарённому "человеку" пришла в голову эта светлая идея и чего он хотел достичь вот таким вот решением? я не понимаю. мне 33 года, последние 16 лет я работаю в IT, неоднократно учавствовал в выпуске продуктов с какими либо ограничениями, но они все имели смысл - урезанная функциональность с возможность доплатить и получить полную например. ок. и даже пусть его, это продукт убисофт, вы можете делать с ним что хотите, это ваше право. наша основная претензия - мы не были информированы что мы покупаем продукт с только pidgin-russian языком (серьёзно, вы пытались играть в это на русском?). и да - я задал этот вопрос саппорту перед покупкой - тикет 00750271 - саппорт ответил что он не в курсе.

я писал уже, но повторю ещё раз - как вы наверное знаете в xUSSR вовсю процветает пиратство, более того оно не то что ненаказуемо, в беларуских магазинах свободно торгуют пирасткими дисками - я сегодня ездил за продуктами, видел вот этот самый AC4 за $8 примерно. я стараюсь агитировать знакомых покупать лицензионные продукты, это сложно as-is - люди не считают пиратство воровством. и вот последние дни мои друзья которые таки украли AC4 натурально смеются надо мной и я не знаю как им объяснить что пиратство это плохо а легальная копия даёт больше разных хороших вещей - потому что ситуация обратная.

Добрый вечер,

мы очень благодарны вам и другим игрокам за поддержку. В данном случае мы столкнулись с действительно неприятной ситуацией и как раз сейчас стараемся решить ее как можно скорее, чтобы предоставить вам (игрокам) оптимальные условия для игры либо же подходящую альтернативу. Искренне надеюсь, что мы придем (и быстро) к общему знаменателю и что вы продолжите поддерживать Ubisoft и в дальнейшем.

Только давайте не будем обсуждать здесь вопросы пиратства, такие рассуждения не приветствуются на официальных форумах :).

Ирина

Ubi_Irina
11-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Ирина, как быть с теми кто купил русскую версию, а получил английскую? А покупал через русский интерфейс юплэй и теперь у меня английская версия. Очевидно, что мне нужна русская, именно та, за которую я заплатил деньги!

Здесь люди с той же проблемой! - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/752776-помогите/page2

Спасибо за ссылку, я сейчас зайду в соседнюю тему. Тут же буду держать в курсе по вопросу отсутствия английского языка в копии игры, приобретенной в UplayShop.

gerryblood
11-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Добрый вечер,

Ирина

В таком случае получается, что люди предзаказавшие игру через другие сервисы и получившие прямой ключ на Uplay остаются с Ру-онли озвучкой даже после вынесенного решения? Это с учетом того, что ритейлерам информация по локализации поступает не сразу, и multi8 версия не доступна в России в принципе? Как-то не очень выходит неправильно выходит. Разве версии предзаказов будут на столько различаться при одинаковом наполнении?

Ishad
11-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Добрый вечер,

мы очень благодарны вам и другим игрокам за поддержку. В данном случае мы столкнулись с действительно неприятной ситуацией и как раз сейчас стараемся решить ее как можно скорее, чтобы предоставить вам (игрокам) оптимальные условия для игры либо же подходящую альтернативу. Искренне надеюсь, что мы придем (и быстро) к общему знаменателю и что вы продолжите поддерживать Ubisoft и в дальнейшем.

Только давайте не будем обсуждать здесь вопросы пиратства, такие рассуждения не приветствуются на официальных форумах :).

Ирина

так я против пиратства рассуждаю же!

Ubi_Irina
11-22-2013, 05:57 PM
В таком случае получается, что люди предзаказавшие игру через другие сервисы и получившие прямой ключ на Uplay остаются с Ру-онли озвучкой даже после вынесенного решения? Это с учетом того, что ритейлерам информация по локализации поступает не сразу, и multi8 версия не доступна в России в принципе? Как-то не очень выходит неправильно выходит. Разве версии предзаказов будут на столько различаться при одинаковом наполнении?

Могли бы вы дать ссылку на то издание и сайт, где вы приобрели игру?

gerryblood
11-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Могли бы вы дать ссылку на то издание и сайт, где вы приобрели игру?

Конечно, отправил в ПМ.

Betweentheduck
11-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Ubi_Irina, спасибо что представитель компании отреагировал на острую тему.

Лично для меня самый главный вопрос в этой ситуации с языковым ограничением версий - это "зачем?". Если версия, распространяемая через Steam содержит в себе все языки и стоит ровно столько же, зачем ограничивать версию в официальном магазине Ubisoft? Почему в магазине Uplay не сказано, что версия содержит только определенные языковые пакеты и ее стоимость отличается от полной? Посмотреть хоть на магазин Blizzard, там все четко и понятно: хочешь русскую версию плати столько-то, хочешь все остальные языки, плати больше.
При покупке моей Uplay версии AC4, я исходил из мысли, что игру от Ubisoft логичнее покупать в магазине компании. А получилось, что людей вроде меня дезинформировали и поставили в дурацкое положение. Вот что во всей ситуации вызывает серьезное недоумение.

з.ы. На мое обращение в техническую поддержку никто не ответил за 2 дня. Грусть.

heihachi88
11-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Somebody please send me a sounds_eng.pck file! Please

Ishad
11-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Somebody please send me a sounds_eng.pck file! Please

Just google it or go through this topic - there are at least three different links. File size - 167329137 bytes, md5 F5C577FE5E15AEB5B25A0A0A00A94B7B

Ierr
11-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Ирина, большое спасибо за участие в теме.

Было очень приятно узнать, что проблема решается и рассматриваются различные варианты.

Буду надеяться на лучшее :)

Denissimmo
11-22-2013, 09:53 PM
@Ирина

Спасибо, что ответили и не проигнорировали эту проблему. Считаю ее достаточно серьезной, потому что она может повлиять на решение о покупке в данном магазине - в моем случае то точно, да и, как видите, я не один такой на территории СНГ. Хотелось бы конечно решения удовлитворяющего все стороны не только по данному продукту, а по всем играм в Ubishop. Информация о языках обязательно должна быть на странице каждого продукта. О региональных ограничениях - тем более. В идеале, конечно, вообще без всяких ограничений или несколько вариантов как у близов: только русский - дешевле, все языки - дороже... (хотя брать деньги за языки лично я считаю осорбительным по отношению к пользователю - на английском языке игра изначально разрабатывалась, а локализация на которую локализаторы могли потратиться, мне сто лет не нужна.) Ну или, например, не форсировать переадресацию именно на русский магазин, кто только обрезанная версия в продаже да еще и дезинформация...позвольте выбрать в магазине какой страны и с какой локализацией покупать, блин. Держите нас, пожалуйста, в курсе и давайте вместе сделаем Ваш сервис лучше если вы сами подсмотреть у толковых конкурентов не можете или не понимаете что людям надо. :)

Rezol_
11-22-2013, 11:54 PM

So I just want everyone to know that this actually works. Both for switching from English to Russian and also the other way around!

I'd still be more than happy to pay a small amount to legitimately unlock languages. What about including it in the Season Pass?

Mad_Smoker82
11-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Ирина, добрый вечер!

Очень приятно, что нас услышали и помогают нам решить данную проблему. Мы вас наверно замучали ))) Но что поделать )
Я приобретал по предзаказу через Origin, и я наверно не один кто воспользовался услугами данного магазина... О проблеме с локализацией я отписывался на форуме Electronic Arts, оттуда меня перенаправили в техподдержку Ubisoft.
Если проблема разрешится, то тем кто приобретал через Origin, тех людей тоже как то это коснется? или же будут какие то другие варианты решения по получению локализации?

Denissimmo
11-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Ирина, добрый вечер!

Очень приятно, что нас услышали и помогают нам решить данную проблему. Мы вас наверно замучали ))) Но что поделать )
Я приобретал по предзаказу через Origin, и я наверно не один кто воспользовался услугами данного магазина... О проблеме с локализацией я отписывался на форуме Electronic Arts, оттуда меня перенаправили в техподдержку Ubisoft.
Если проблема разрешится, то тем кто приобретал через Origin, тех людей тоже как то это коснется? или же будут какие то другие варианты решения по получению локализации?

В ориджине языки четко указаны, так что там как бы вы сами виноваты. Но с другой чтороны - зачем оттуда было удалять тот же русский непонятно. Эти обрезки кто-то должен прекратить/запретить или давать покупателю выбор.

Tax87
11-23-2013, 01:04 AM
I was so exited to get to play this game this weekend.... and then i come across this FFS, why cant we get proper care here?? Please fix this ubisoft!!! You are making a lot of people angry for no reason at all

Ishad
11-23-2013, 01:50 AM
В ориджине языки четко указаны, так что там как бы вы сами виноваты. Но с другой чтороны - зачем оттуда было удалять тот же русский непонятно. Эти обрезки кто-то должен прекратить/запретить или давать покупателю выбор.

с другой стороны орижин возвращает деньги по первому требованию :)

Ishad
11-23-2013, 01:54 AM
I was so exited to get to play this game this weekend.... and then i come across this FFS, why cant we get proper care here?? Please fix this ubisoft!!! You are making a lot of people angry for no reason at all

There are workarounds, read few pages back.

Tax87
11-23-2013, 11:43 AM
There are workarounds, read few pages back.

I know there are, but why should we have to do weird stuff just to play the game we bought in the first place? :(

Kirill_n89
11-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Почитал форум, согласен со всеми недовольными, хотя бы можно было предупредить что не будет английского языка, а то обман просто получается. Русская озвучка просто отвратная, играть невозможно. Я кстати купил black chest edition за 4600р. и я не могу выбрать английский язык, у ubisoft там все с головой в порядке? надеюсь проблема разрешиться в ближайшем будущем.

i.koala
11-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Вообще, причины такого действа понятны. Ключ русской версии стоит в ритейле 499 (а то и меньше), и ничто не мешает какому-нибудь буржую купить его.
Ну а в Uplay (пока) нет возможности запретить запуск в регионе, для которого продукт не предназначался. Вот и оставляют хитрозадых буржуев с "дешево" закупленной русской версией без возможности на родной язык поменять.
Неприятно то, что не предупреждают. Во все игры серии играл на русском, но локализации 3 и 4 частей весьма печальны. Действительно хотелось бы иметь возможность сменить локализацию на английскую.

Ierr
11-23-2013, 03:12 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/801867-Steam-Region-Locked

Да есть region lock, с ним тоже народ мучился.

Ayven95
11-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Буду ждать решения проблемы.

asavin-ru
11-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Че-то мы все дружно сказали - "спасибо", и на этом все общение закончилось. Сидим-ждем =)))

D-Kruger
11-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Че-то мы все дружно сказали - "спасибо", и на этом все общение закончилось. Сидим-ждем =)))

Сейчас выходные, тем более Ирина сказала, что это не быстрое дело. Посмотрим, будут ли на следующей неделе новости.

YokoAC
11-23-2013, 04:56 PM
I have got a russian only version of AC4. AC4 is the only game registred with my account.
Who wants to trade his english/german version against this one ?

greetings,

Yoko

Mad_Smoker82
11-23-2013, 05:04 PM

Не спорю.... Но т.к. в игре присутствуют все языки, то даже не возникло подозрения, чтобы посомтреть, а есть ли вообще русский язык в игре... По идее раз какого то языка нет или игра содержит только 1 язык, то об этом должно быть всегда предупреждение... но такого ничего нет... поэтому покупатель будучи уверен что раз он из России, то и игра которую ему показывают в списке, тоже содержит его родной язык... я считаю, что магазин обязан предупреждать обо всех мелочах, сокрытие которых может не только охладить ожидание продукта, но и свести весь фан к нулю )

Mad_Smoker82
11-23-2013, 05:05 PM
с другой стороны орижин возвращает деньги по первому требованию :)

я хотел заполнить форму возврата ))) там написали, что у меня нет игр подходящих под возврат )))

Mad_Smoker82
11-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Сейчас выходные, тем более Ирина сказала, что это не быстрое дело. Посмотрим, будут ли на следующей неделе новости.

да... из ТП Ubisoft письмо пришло, что на мой вопрос будет ответ с пн по пт )))

Kirill_n89
11-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Я что-то не понял, Ирина сказала что, - "Мы рассматриваем только случай с UplayShop." а я и еще 3 человека которые купили black chest edition за 4600р в 1с, попадаем под случай с Uplayshop или нет?)

Advent_Fish-v36
11-23-2013, 05:55 PM
если вам лень ждать , то вбейте англофикатор в яндексе , пройдите по ссылке на плейграунд (у меня самая первая) и будет вам счастье :-)

asavin-ru
11-23-2013, 06:05 PM
если вам лень ждать , то вбейте англофикатор в яндексе , пройдите по ссылке на плейграунд (у меня самая первая) и будет вам счастье :-)

А как насчет русификатора?)

Ayven95
11-23-2013, 06:53 PM
I've put english sound (thanks for help from Homer2123 and others).
But I still can't play this game, I set LOWEST graphics (!!!) and the framerate is still low. Either there's something wrong with my PC, or they need a patch or two...

Ishad
11-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I've put english sound (thanks for help from Homer2123 and others).
But I still can't play this game, I set LOWEST graphics (!!!) and the framerate is still low. Either there's something wrong with my PC, or they need a patch or two...

PC. Have hight / very high everywhere, plays smooth on 4year-old rig.

Auronsama
11-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Я что-то не понял, Ирина сказала что, - "Мы рассматриваем только случай с UplayShop." а я и еще 3 человека которые купили black chest edition за 4600р в 1с, попадаем под случай с Uplayshop или нет?)

Уже как минимум 4 :)

Ierr
11-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Something to cheer you up and to provide an example of how russian localization feels in AC4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8QcHotkXl4

Ayven95
11-24-2013, 01:28 AM
PC. Have hight / very high everywhere, plays smooth on 4year-old rig.
I would agree with you, but it's the first game EVER that doesn't play smooth on low graphics. I played previous AC on high or something about that. So this is not right, I'm not going to buy new hardware to play one game... It only shows how ignorant developers are. Anyway, this is not the thread here, so I assume we better close it.

Ishad
11-24-2013, 04:39 AM
I would agree with you, but it's the first game EVER that doesn't play smooth on low graphics. I played previous AC on high or something about that. So this is not right, I'm not going to buy new hardware to play one game... It only shows how ignorant developers are. Anyway, this is not the thread here, so I assume we better close it.

Well, I actually set everything except MSAA to highest - still 25-40 fps. gtx 560ti, i5-2500k.

WebOfShadoW
11-24-2013, 10:14 AM

please send it to me my email :

bazin456
11-24-2013, 11:44 AM

Please give me or send it to :

Advent_Fish-v36
11-24-2013, 03:55 PM

PM sent

DmitryBurstein
11-25-2013, 01:11 AM

Worked like a charm for me!
Many thanks.
Although shame on Ubisoft! I'd never guess I need to hack a game I've paid for :-(

asavin-ru
11-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Ребята, Ирины не было на форуме с 22-го числа, ровно с тех пор, как она нас всех "успокоила", поэтому я напомнил ей о нашем существовании письмом в личку. Поддержка юби бьет все рекорды, молчит уже 5 дней.

Frag_Meister
11-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Да замяли они все это дело. Худшая поддержка эва, у самой игры куча тех. проблем, постоянные проблемы с серверами. Не знаю как вы, а я жалею о покупке. Больше такое не повторится.

zadiak_90
11-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Ну с техпроблемами игры незнаю.... у меня пока работает стабильно, прошел 30% (c собиранием всяких сундуков, воспоминаний и прочей хрени + просто пиратствовал), вылетов не было, серьезных глюков тоже не наблюдал. Единственное с чем столкнулся один контракт на убийство никак не хочет проходиться - точка на карте почему-то исчезла, а задание висит и корабыль на котором была цель тоже на месте, подплываю к нему и ничего не происходит, уже все перепробовал. По поводу локализации - покупал в Ориджин, честно сказать не смотрел писали там про языки или нет, но такой подставы не ожидал. Помогла замена файла localization.lang, играю теперь с английской озвучкой и русскими субтитрами. Как я понял можно и русскую озвучку сделать но нужен файл соответствующий, хотя меня и так устраивает. Писал в техподдержку, если коротко, мне сказали отвали,нет русского языка значит такая версия. Я правда не успокоился, но теперь меня видимо игнорят, ну и пошли в ........

Ayven95
11-25-2013, 11:45 AM
So far there are at least these problems:
1) No localisation (all messed up and no tech support);
2) Unavailable throwing knife
3) Assassination contract bug
4) Incredibly bad PC optimisation for some users
5) Save games being lost
REALLY UBISOFT? at least make a patch, like any other company caring about their customers would...
The worst of all is that they ignore customers and basically tell them to f**k off. Well, okay, return me my money and I will f**k off if that's what you want.
PS: I doubtfully will be buying any more games from Ubisoft, but I want to play this one...

KingOfNorth.1
11-25-2013, 11:57 AM
hey guys
i am Persian but im traveling every month to Russia and i work there . because of this i wanted to buy the Russian version .
but it seems its not changeable to English .
one of my friends gave me these files . please test these of you have the Russian version of ACIV .
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Game Files ( Include Local file And EXE game files )
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3u3xeeurd0k952b/AC4.v1.01.7z

Russian Version Registry
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ia812ws0dutj7sw/AC4.RU.Registry.rar
( Copy the bat File to your game folder and run it )

when you succeed or not please report me I want To make Sure the Language of The Game( Voice , Subtitle and Menu Texts ) is changeable or not

Good Luck

Mad_Smoker82
11-25-2013, 12:32 PM
русские файлы и субтитры хорошо подходят от стима... если есть знакомый со стимовской лицензией попробуй... файл localization.lang само собой сохрани перед заменой... я правда в реестр залез менял English на Russian... после второго перезапуска игры и смены в настройках сабов и озвучки с англо на русский, и меню и титры и озвучка запомнились игрой и стало все ок... но это ж "костыли" блин... для игры, которая куплена за деньги... позор производителям млин...

но я вернул потом все обратно... мало ли юбики вдруг как решать проблему и будет всем радость...

KingOfNorth.1
11-25-2013, 12:45 PM

1. Start multiplayer.
4. Profit.

and what happen will on Multipalyer ?
how to play that with en language ?

zadiak_90
11-25-2013, 01:00 PM
русские файлы и субтитры хорошо подходят от стима... если есть знакомый со стимовской лицензией попробуй... файл localization.lang само собой сохрани перед заменой... я правда в реестр залез менял English на Russian... после второго перезапуска игры и смены в настройках сабов и озвучки с англо на русский, и меню и титры и озвучка запомнились игрой и стало все ок... но это ж "костыли" блин... для игры, которая куплена за деньги... позор производителям млин...

но я вернул потом все обратно... мало ли юбики вдруг как решать проблему и будет всем радость...

Это ты мне? Ну может потом попробую, хотя не охото возиться, лучше просто субтитры
Да, нифига они судя по всему делать не станут.
Про костыли дело говоришь. Я чего-то сразу вспомнил Ведьмака 2, когда он вышел-жопарукие 1С по своей инициативе прикрутили к ниму Старфорс, да еще и криво....короче чтоб в него поиграть пришлось идти к пиратам качать оригинальные файлы и только тогда на меня всневзошла благодать и я смог его запустить. 1С вместе с разрабами тогда проблему решали дня 2-3 вроде, на форумах было весело.

Advent_Fish-v36
11-25-2013, 01:13 PM
hey guys
i am Persian but im traveling every month to Russia and i work there . because of this i wanted to buy the Russian version .
but it seems its not changeable to English .
one of my friends gave me these files . please test these of you have the Russian version of ACIV .
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Game Files ( Include Local file And EXE game files )
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3u3xeeurd0k952b/AC4.v1.01.7z

Russian Version Registry
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ia812ws0dutj7sw/AC4.RU.Registry.rar
( Copy the bat File to your game folder and run it )

when you succeed or not please report me I want To make Sure the Language of The Game( Voice , Subtitle and Menu Texts ) is changeable or not

Good Luck

Not working :/ I think it's because we have Russian uplay . The game does not start

asavin-ru
11-25-2013, 01:14 PM

Гы.

Mr_Shade
11-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Guys:

If you are not Russian AND have issues other than the Voice over quality on the RUS/CIS version - please post here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811992-Localisation-issues-none-Russian-related?p=9398768#post9398768

Irina is posting in Russian to those affected - however english speaking people should post in the above thread - We are currently helping Russian speakers who are unhappy with the games voice acting in the local version, however your posts, while valued - maybe confusing the issue.

If you do not live in RUS/CIS - and have bought the Russian version - and have issues other than what I said above, please also use that post - or - if you have other issues in other regions - please use that thread, to avoid any posts being missed!

zadiak_90
11-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Can I slight correct you?

Guys:
We are currently helping Russian speakers who are unhappy with the games voice acting in the local version, however your posts, while valued - maybe confusing the issue.!
We are very unhappy with the game because the game have different versions with different localization:Russia and rest of the world
Uplay and other partner stores doesnt warned about it, and many Russian users bought wrong version. Support is silent, nobody really wants to help us.

asavin-ru
11-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Ребята добью офтопиком и танцем.
Я уже писал, что в случае чего не смогу принять рефунд на карту, поскольку она сейчас заблокирована.
А сейчас расскажу самое интересное.
Я оформил предзаказ на игру, отвалил по полной, как и все мы. В июле дело было. Что-то в районе 2-х тысяч. Получил доступ к The Watch.
19-го вечером, в связи с выходом игры я покупаю сизан пасс - 429 рублей. На официальном сайте, он активировался сразу.
Больше я ничего не покупал, готов присягнуть, а что еще надо? Игра есть- пропуск есть.
20-го утром, в 05:36 у меня с карты дергается 40 евро. В это время я вижу глубокий сон, и еще буду его видеть часа 2.
Утром я вижу это все и блокирую карту. Поскольку, понятно - кража, никаких оповещений в почту, за какую услугу? что? почему? - просто слепая операция, которая отображается в телебанке.
Сегодня мне банк отвечает, что без всяких оповещений и подтверждений с карты у меня деньги сняла Digitalriver Luxembourg Ubisoft STO
Круто?! Вот и мне кажется, что совсем круто, воровство денег я не заказывал!
Чертов Ubisoft просто украл деньги! Будьте бдительны, смотрите за балансом карт!

Написана претензия в банк и требование на возврат всей суммы. Только коробочные версии в оффлайн магазинах, отныне.

zadiak_90
11-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Они видимо посчитали, что за такую игру и такой шикарный доп контент ты слишком мало заплатил, да еще и сизонс пасс подлец купил и сняли с тебя в догонку еще 40 евро)

Mr_Shade
11-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Can I slight correct you?

We are very unhappy with the game because the game have different versions with different localization:Russia and rest of the world
Uplay and other partner stores doesnt warned about it, and many Russian users bought wrong version. Support is silent, nobody really wants to help us.
Irina is posting to you - and the other native Russian speakers - many people are not russian, so rather than have multiple topics / languages - we are trying to help everyone, but in different threads ;) - Makes it less confusing for everyone.

asavin-ru
11-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Они видимо посчитали, что за такую игру и такой шикарный доп контент ты слишком мало заплатил, да еще и сизонс пасс подлец купил и сняли с тебя в догонку еще 40 евро)

Да, мне вот только сейчас девочка менеджер из банка позвонила и сообщила эту шикарную свежую информацию - мало того, что версию получил не играбельную, так еще и обокрали. Ребята из юбисофта во время выхода бразерхуд писали по форумам - "почему не хотите платить за лицензионные версии? Почему качаете пиратки? Компании не хватает денег и т.п." Земные такие были, а сейчас не то что личное общение - до суппорта не достучишься, а редкие манагеры отмахиваются и убегают от проблем пользователей.
Теперь народ платит, но Юби видимо считают, что мало. Черт его знает, что это - техническая накладка или злой умысел, но если техническая накладка, то слишком много их и уже не те, что можно прощать.

Ishad
11-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Ребята добью офтопиком и танцем.
Я уже писал, что в случае чего не смогу принять рефунд на карту, поскольку она сейчас заблокирована.
А сейчас расскажу самое интересное.
Я оформил предзаказ на игру, отвалил по полной, как и все мы. В июле дело было. Что-то в районе 2-х тысяч. Получил доступ к The Watch.
19-го вечером, в связи с выходом игры я покупаю сизан пасс - 429 рублей. На официальном сайте, он активировался сразу.
Больше я ничего не покупал, готов присягнуть, а что еще надо? Игра есть- пропуск есть.
20-го утром, в 05:36 у меня с карты дергается 40 евро. В это время я вижу глубокий сон, и еще буду его видеть часа 2.
Утром я вижу это все и блокирую карту. Поскольку, понятно - кража, никаких оповещений в почту, за какую услугу? что? почему? - просто слепая операция, которая отображается в телебанке.
Сегодня мне банк отвечает, что без всяких оповещений и подтверждений с карты у меня деньги сняла Digitalriver Luxembourg Ubisoft STO
Круто?! Вот и мне кажется, что совсем круто, воровство денег я не заказывал!
Чертов Ubisoft просто украл деньги! Будьте бдительны, смотрите за балансом карт!

Написана претензия в банк и требование на возврат всей суммы. Только коробочные версии в оффлайн магазинах, отныне.

Бабло при предзаказе не снимали - как максимум блокировали. Снимали только вот в день выхода. Это отдельный идиотизм. Моя карточка заэкспайрилась за 5 дней до, пришлось общаться со службой поддержки, отменять предзаказ и делать его на новую карточку.

asavin-ru
11-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Бабло при предзаказе не снимали - как максимум блокировали. Снимали только вот в день выхода. Это отдельный идиотизм. Моя карточка заэкспайрилась за 5 дней до, пришлось общаться со службой поддержки, отменять предзаказ и делать его на новую карточку.

У меня выписка, что бабло в день предзаказа было снято в полном объеме, оно ушло. Блокированные суммы у меня не отображаются в текущем лицевом счете. И по ним я больше не получаю уведомлений. Это было новое снятие!
Я сейчас просмотрел историю операций, вся сумма была списана, не надо вводить в заблуждение, более того, сумма моего предзаказа была эквивалентна 50 евро, а не 40-ка.

Ishad
11-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Тогда надо обращаться в банк и писать клэйм на мошенничество.

asavin-ru
11-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Тогда надо обращаться в банк и писать клэйм на мошенничество.

Уже написано, я же сообщил. Будут рассматривать почти 2 месяца, то что мошенничество - однозначно.

Ishad
11-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Смените банк. В мойм банке в похожей ситуации максимальный срок рассмотрения таких ситуация один месяц и в моём случае вопрос решили за три дня.

asavin-ru
11-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Смените банк. В мойм банке в похожей ситуации максимальный срок рассмотрения таких ситуация один месяц и в моём случае вопрос решили за три дня.

Да, я потерплю, в данном случае, сервисы, которые мне предоставляются, для меня значат больше. Факт остается фактом - что-то недоброе происходит с "этой компанией". А соответственно - с нашими деньгами и нами в целом. Нас лишили комфорта и удовольствия, получаемого от использования продукта, заставили "выкручиваться", это - непорядочно. На обычном рынке - лоточном, за непредоставление информации о продукте (точнее не всей информации), ну или если вместо штанов, при упаковке, кому-то положили рубашку - продавцу дают по лицу, ну, бывает. А игроманы - все толерантны и заплатив деньги не забываем присовокупить - "ну, пожалуйста, ну, сделайте Ваш продукт так, чтобы мы его могли использовать". А уж случай со мной - из ряда вон и надеюсь, единичный.