PDA

View Full Version : Just looked at some Wii U game play...

phoenix-force411
11-19-2013, 11:11 PM
It doesn't seem to have anything "next-gen" in it at all. It had no plant foliage from what I saw, and with no new DLCs coming to the Wii U Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag it's basically a very water'd down version compared to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions which have better 3rd party support. Pretty sad for the Wii U players, but I was not surprised that the Wii U version didn't have any of the "next-gen" effects.

I saw a graphics comparison video, and what seemed to be disturbing was that Duncan Wolpole was missing at the beginning of the game when he stands on a beam from the enemy ship.

DetroitPlaya
11-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Can't really be surprised - the specs are no way near XBO/PS4, and developers who make games for old/new gen, tend to say the Wii U version will look better than the PS3 version of the game ( not heard anything in regards to the Wii U version of AC IV: BF, though)

Wii U is spec-wise behind.

Rugterwyper32
11-19-2013, 11:22 PM
From what I saw in a comparison video, it was pretty much between both. Lighting and shading overall looked better than the Xbox360 version, and crisper, but yeah, it lacks stuff like foliage physics. Makes sense, as it's neither here nor there.
As for DLC, not surprised, sadly. I'm sure it'll sell better than AC3 for the same console, but it certainly won't be a big percentage of sales, expecting 1-2% at most. Small installbase plus a majority of people who get Nintendo consoles either having another console to go with it or plainly not interested in games other than Nintendo games would do that.

phoenix-force411
11-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Can't really be surprised - the specs are no way near XBO/PS4, and developers who make games for old/new gen, tend to say the Wii U version will look better than the PS3 version of the game ( not heard anything in regards to the Wii U version of AC IV: BF, though)

Wii U is spec-wise behind.

I did look at the Wii U hardware and specs, and that is not next-gen even if it runs at 1080p normally. It is looked down upon, and I know for a fact that EA doesn't really support the Wii U. Ubisoft does, but from what I've seen they acknowledge it as a current-gen which is perfectly understandable...

pacmanate
11-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Thats because the Wii U is just marginally better than the PS3 and 360

Kagurra
11-19-2013, 11:28 PM
I feel bad for people that bought a WiiU. I just don't really see a point, and it's only had like 2 decent exclusive WiiU titles launch anyways.

phoenix-force411
11-19-2013, 11:30 PM
From what I saw in a comparison video, it was pretty much between both. Lighting and shading overall looked better than the Xbox360 version, and crisper, but yeah, it lacks stuff like foliage physics. Makes sense, as it's neither here nor there.
As for DLC, not surprised, sadly. I'm sure it'll sell better than AC3 for the same console, but it certainly won't be a big percentage of sales, expecting 1-2% at most. Small installbase plus a majority of people who get Nintendo consoles either having another console to go with it or plainly not interested in games other than Nintendo games would do that.

Yeah, the lighting and shades are better than the current-gens, and like you said, it's in-between, but it is still pretty much current-gen. I'm sure Ubisoft tested the next-gen effects on the Wii U, but I guess Wii U couldn't handle it, maybe or maybe not. People buy Wii U for mostly first party Nintendo games, but other than that, the third party titles are not as great and aren't popular on the Wii U. Wii U will soon become another Wii again if the PS4 and Xbox One start to overshadow the Wii U, because as of now, it is pretty much overshadowed by the PS3 and Xbox 360.

xx-pyro
11-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Probably because the Wii U isn't next gen in terms of hardware capabilities, which basically means it isn't next gen at all.

roostersrule2
The Wii U version is better then 360 and PS3 but considerably worse then the PS4 and X1.

I think Nintendo need to see the Wii U out for a couple more years and then in 2018-2019 bring out the next big thing that jumps two generations.

DetroitPlaya
The Wii U is officially 8th generation (along with PS4, Vita, XBO, and 3DS* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(eighth_generation) )) - but the console performs like an improved PS3/X360.

Nintendo consoles aren't exacly focused on amazing realistic graphics, far more on gameplay - so third parties who like to make amazing worlds, such as this game, is in an unfortunate situation.

phoenix-force411
11-19-2013, 11:32 PM
I feel bad for people that bought a WiiU. I just don't really see a point, and it's only had like 2 decent exclusive WiiU titles launch anyways.
Yeah, especially for those who want to play that game "Destiny". I heard PC and Wii U aren't getting it, but I'm pretty optimistic that it will be released for PC, or someone will find a way to port it to PC.

DetroitPlaya
11-19-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm pretty optimistic that it will be released for PC, or someone will find a way to port it to PC.

Good luck with that one. If Bungie isn't doing it, don't expect it to happen.

phoenix-force411
11-19-2013, 11:35 PM
The Wii U version is better then 360 and PS3 but considerably worse then the PS4 and X1.

I think Nintendo need to see the Wii U out for a couple more years and then in 2018-2019 bring out the next big thing that jumps two generations.
Lol, yeah. I mean if Nintendo was gonna release new Wii U consoles with better hardware, that would cause an uproar and unfairness. But technically, that would be the worse decision to do in the gaming market.

Rugterwyper32
11-19-2013, 11:35 PM

Nintendo exclusives. Launches usually don't have that much, admittedly. I, for one, am waiting for next year to get a PS4 as the titles that interest me will come out by then (and not getting Xbox One because Microsoft messed up big time). As for the WiiU, it's starting to get the good stuff. Delays didn't really help, as Nintendo is just hopping onto the HD train (the wait for Pikmin 3 was torture, I assure you). I actually expect a change of strategy for their next console and for them to move towards catching up.

Kagurra
11-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Yeah, especially for those who want to play that game "Destiny". I heard PC and Wii U aren't getting it, but I'm pretty optimistic that it will be released for PC, or someone will find a way to port it to PC.

One of two things will happen. It will be highly demanded on PC like The Division was, and they'll say they're going to release a PC version, or do what Halo did and just never released on PC and didn't care.

It's from Bungie... so maybe it'll be the second one, sadly for PC people.

Rugterwyper32
11-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah, the lighting and shades are better than the current-gens, and like you said, it's in-between, but it is still pretty much current-gen. I'm sure Ubisoft tested the next-gen effects on the Wii U, but I guess Wii U couldn't handle it, maybe or maybe not. People buy Wii U for mostly first party Nintendo games, but other than that, the third party titles are not as great and aren't popular on the Wii U. Wii U will soon become another Wii again if the PS4 and Xbox One start to overshadow the Wii U, because as of now, it is pretty much overshadowed by the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Well, the Wii did sell like hotcakes and printed money, having sold over 100 million which is up there with the PSX and PS2. The Wii U is facing more of a Gamecube situation where it won't sell too well but it will do enough to net Nintendo profit to move towards their next console with a change of strategy and the 3DS will be their money printer (it surpassed the Wii's lifetime sales in Japan in terms of 3 years!), the PS4 potentially being the equivalent of the unmatched in terms of sales PS2 of this gen and the Xbox One doing good but with the bad name it's gotten driving more people towards the PS4. At least that's what I think will happen.

phoenix-force411
11-19-2013, 11:58 PM
Well, the Wii did sell like hotcakes and printed money, having sold over 100 million which is up there with the PSX and PS2. The Wii U is facing more of a Gamecube situation where it won't sell too well but it will do enough to net Nintendo profit to move towards their next console with a change of strategy and the 3DS will be their money printer (it surpassed the Wii's lifetime sales in Japan in terms of 3 years!), the PS4 potentially being the equivalent of the unmatched in terms of sales PS2 of this gen and the Xbox One doing good but with the bad name it's gotten driving more people towards the PS4. At least that's what I think will happen.

Xbox really needed a better name than just Xbox One. Since the console never did had a stability in name. Xbox One was basically what everyone called "Original" Xbox, but now that it is basically a new console, we gotta say "original" now. Sony has been naming their systems by numbers since forever now.

The Nintendo Wii U, yeah, I do agree is facing the Gamecube problem too. They should release their new console after Sony and Microsoft release their "PS5' and "Xbox Two". But maybe Nintendo will still release theirs before those new consoles as well.

Mykdee311
01-28-2014, 03:40 AM
uploaded from Gamepad on WiiU Browser....
http://www.ign.com/boards/attachments/wiiu_screenshot_tv_0138b-jpg.111005/
http://www.ign.com/boards/attachments/wiiu_screenshot_tv_0138b-jpg.111545/
http://www.ign.com/boards/attachments/wiiu_screenshot_tv_0138b-jpg.111583/
http://www.ign.com/boards/attachments/wiiu_screenshot_tv_0138b-jpg.111553/
http://www.ign.com/boards/attachments/wiiu_screenshot_tv_0138b-jpg.111563/