PDA

View Full Version : I still have to wait? - Also, How will my PC run it?

UdyrXinTheHouse
11-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Pt. 1
I'm highly upset..

I got a gaming computer built so I could play Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Every game I've ever pre-ordered I've always been able to get a pre-download. However, my first Uplay experience and I was not only unable to pre-download it, but 10 hours after when i expected it, I've yet to get it.

I asked Uplay several times what time It will be released, yet they've commented on other posts I made to them but not that. I feel they avoided that question.

I, after being awake all night because I wanted to start download while I sleep, found out that I will not be able to start the download for another 2 hours, let alone
be able to play it if im lucky today. Why?... Why couldn't you update and tell us?

I called Ubisoft support about 10 minutes ago, the guy was great and fast - Thats how I found out. Is there any way I can move my game from Uplay to steam, or just take uplay out of the question? Very upset with how they treated me.

Pt. 2

Here is my PC build - Think I'll be able to get High or ultra settings? According to systemrequirementslab, I'm well above recommended.

AMD FX 6300 6 core processor at 3.5ghz
990FXA-ud3 motherboard
GTX660 twin frozr OC edition
8GB ram

UdyrXinTheHouse
11-19-2013, 05:25 PM
WOOT! Just showed up in game library. Don't know if just early or not but I'm downloadin this thing now!

UbiVolfbane
11-19-2013, 06:54 PM
I am glad to hear that you are now able to get the game. News is released as it come as I apologize for any frustration you have may have experienced. Please keep in mind, games are generally released on the day or evening of release. I hope you to enjoy the game. The computer should run the game while, as long as your drivers are up to date. You may be able to tweak the settings once in-game. If you have any further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again. Have a nice day!

OrgnSpaceJockey
11-19-2013, 07:00 PM
WOOT! Just showed up in game library. Don't know if just early or not but I'm downloadin this thing now!

You live in the US?

guardian_titan
11-19-2013, 07:57 PM
You should be able to run either high or ultra (or a mix of the two settings) without issues, but chances are you might already be playing by now. If you can run AC3 on the highest settings, AC4 should be no different. They run on the same engine. Only difference will be the new water effects and lighting filters. I know I can run AC3 on max settings so I expect I can run AC4 on similar settings.

I would never expect to get a midnight release for digital games. They become available whenever the store updates, not at midnight. So you want it at midnight, it's best to just buy the hard copy at a brick and mortar store. You might even find it early at those stores. Every game I've bought over the last 5-7 years has been digital and not a single one was released at midnight if the store didn't update at that time. Only site I've seen that updates at midnight (or close to it anyway) is BigFish Games who sell mostly hidden object games, match 3s, etc. You also have to account for time zones. Some stores update at midnight there time but might be noon for you. Steam updates around 10 AM or so for me. Not sure where their central base is, though. Origin updates around noon for me which is around 11 AM for them. Certainly not a rule of thumb, though. I've seen both update earlier and later.

If you want to go digital with games, you'll need patience. Games are moving toward purely digital distribution and the hard copies will likely be a rare sight by 2020. Best to learn patience now or else you'll be raging over nothing later. Best you can do now is pester the companies to change the store update time to midnight ... but you still have to account for time zones so they might change it to their midnight but it'll still be a few hours off for you. Then they also have to account for those that get the game early because what's midnight for the store might be 9 PM the previous day elsewhere. Kind of why stores update when they do. It's the day of release everywhere ... or the day after. No early release. Guess they follow the belief of better late than never ... or rather better late than early.