PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed games need to improve in combat...

salman147
11-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Note that these are only my opinions....
They should have:
1)Better animations.Seriously,the combat animations look bad except the dual counters(Which feel like cutscenes a bit)
2)Faster more RESPONSIVE COMBAT.Ed moves slowly.Guards fight like they're novices in combat.
3)Combat needs to be Harder.BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT SHOULD BE UNFAIR.It's like this:The combat should allow us to fight in anyway we like BUT,it should be challenging(Like disabling those qte's on enemies heads when they attack) So that it would force us to study the battlefield better and plan our line of attack.
4)More fighting options.
5)Camera should not move away from the character.(It always does.) - Make it like Batman Arkham City or Origins.
6)We should be able to counter enemy's counters when they counter our counters.I mean,we have control over the playable caracters moves,so why can't we counter their counters? Doesn't it make the combat unfair?

Wolfmeister1010
11-19-2013, 04:43 PM
1. Disagree. I don't like some of the double sword animations, but all in all the animations are smooth and fantastic.
2. Disagree. He moves fine. Make up your mind people. You say combat is too fast and easy, and now you say is too slow. I assume your are comparing the game to Batman, which is unfair as batman unrealistically SAILS through the air in combos, and that is not what AC combat is about.
3. Agreed. Maybe make it so that you have to time attacks right to get a combo, (like AC1) or maybe counters don't always immediately kill, but just injure. Maybe some enemies are resistant to your tool counter kills as well.
4. Agreed. Get rid of the throw counter option, literally NO ONE uses it except for those who impulsively ram the buttons out of inexperience. Use the button for something more useful.
5. Lol. Whatever you say.. camera is fine to me.
6. Yo dawg, we heard you like counters, so we let you counter their counters' counters so you can counter while you counter their counter to your counter. Please make sense.

My vote is somewhere between the two options. It needs some improvements to difficulty and variety, but I don't think it is as broken as many say.

DetroitPlaya
11-19-2013, 04:46 PM
AC should focus more on avoiding combat - and if you entered it, it shouldn't be easy. However, it should be very counter/agility/dodge-based.

The issue for me is that the counter time is so forgiving atm. I don't exactly like face-paced stuff, but it would just make more sense to me .

Landruner
11-19-2013, 09:00 PM
I voted Yes, it was 2 other threads just 2 days ago relating the same question, and I gave some description of what could be done for a enhancement of the system combat there.

I agree with your #3 & 4

For #1 & 2 I believe I see what you mean notably for AC4 but it is certainly going to be fixed by an update.
# 5 I believe the camera system works better in AC4 than AC3...
#6 The counter block/ parry and kill - Well, Like I suggested in the other threads, and this is only a little part but the counter block parry does not always kill, but wound the foes. (40% kill for 60% wound) something like that....depending of the character progress, evolution, and also fatigue. The same for the chain kills...Character can do one chain kill, but can't do a second one in a row, at least not before the character progresses in game...