PDA

View Full Version : Is Uplay and Steam release date for AC4 different?

BorisLeeHK
11-19-2013, 09:14 AM
I live in Hong Kong. On Steam, it shows the release date is 29th November while on Uplay, it shows the release date is 21st November. Since I pre-ordered the game on Uplay, in which date will I be able to download AC4?

Mr_Shade
11-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi,

You should go by the release date on the official site - or - contact the retailers support, in this case www.uplay.com and double check if you are worried.

BorisLeeHK
11-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Hi,

You should go by the release date on the official site - or - contact the retailers support, in this case www.uplay.com and double check if you are worried.
The official site is for the UK release. It does not show the release date for Hong Kong.

Mr_Shade
11-19-2013, 01:12 PM
The official site is for the UK release. It does not show the release date for Hong Kong.
Have you checked your order info? - since that is what you should check on uplay.com - that is the date you will get the activation email and download - so thats whats important ;)

BlackbirdSR71-C
11-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Have you checked your order info? - since that is what you should check on uplay.com - that is the date you will get the activation email and download - so thats whats important ;)

The order screen only shows the date of order, not the delivery date.

Mr_Shade
11-19-2013, 01:25 PM
The order screen only shows the date of order, not the delivery date.
You may have email confirmation with that date also.

BorisLeeHK
11-19-2013, 01:40 PM
You may have email confirmation with that date also.
In the email, it says
Product Name: Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ - Special Edition
Platform: PC (Pre-Ordered)
pre-ordered release date: Thu Nov 14 00:00:00 CST 2013
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: 40.00EUR

Mr_Shade
11-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Well that is certainly wrong :(

I will double check with you - though if you ordered online - via the www.uplay.com site - that is the release date, for you - since the Ubishop / Uplay will be providing the game. - other retailers may have a different date, if physically located in the region.

BorisLeeHK
11-19-2013, 02:02 PM

I will double check with you - though if you ordered online - via the www.uplay.com site - that is the release date, for you - since the Ubishop / Uplay will be providing the game. - other retailers may have a different date, if physically located in the region.

You can send me a pm or just post in this thread when you have the correct release date. Thanks :)

IDefectedI
11-19-2013, 02:10 PM
No email on my end. Steam says 5 hours until release! Wish Ubisoft would let the game go now, so I can start downloading. Uplay should have some perks over steam.

Mr_Shade
11-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I have checked - The team advises me to tell you to contact Store support to check the release date based on your order - you can do this via the store, help us section.

For regions where the game releases today, it's expected to unlock at 10AM PST - which is approx 5 hours from now.

GottabeMad
11-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi,

I have checked - The team advises me to tell you to contact Store support to check the release date based on your order - you can do this via the store, help us section.

For regions where the game releases today, it's expected to unlock at 10AM PST - which is approx 5 hours from now.

Hey, can you check my topic and move it to the PC section?

Sorry for the wrong posting :C

The link is here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/809841-10-days-till-release-date-for-East-Asia-and-South-East-Asia-region-on-Steam?p=9385213#post9385213

ace3001
11-19-2013, 03:58 PM
It sure is different for me. Steam actually displays the release date as 28th of November, whereas Uplay says 21st. If it actually unlocks on Uplay on 21st, I think I'm going to get it there. I just can't understand why that difference exists in the first place.

JarekKorczynski
11-19-2013, 07:44 PM
In the email, it says
Product Name: Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ - Special Edition
Platform: PC (Pre-Ordered)
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: 40.00EUR

Hmm... I have preordered the game on July 22nd (via UbiShop as digital download) and received an almost identical email, also giving me a Nov 14th release date.

Nazwa produktu: Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ - Special Edition
Platforma: PC (Pre-Ordered)
Ilość zamówiona: 1
Kwota: 113,04PLN

My Orders tab on UbiShop says:

Szczegóły zamówienia (Order Details)
Numer zamówienia: 13019779428 (Order No.)
Data zamówienia: 22.07.2013 (Order date)
Stan zamówienia: Zamówienie zostało wysłane (Order status; Order sent)

Can't view the invoice though; always when I try to access the info I get a server error...

Faktura

Drukuj
Data zamówienia: 22.07.2013
Numer zamówienia: 13019779428
Błąd serwera

Should I be in any way worried too, or just patiently wait until Black Flag shows up in MyGames Uplay section on Nov 21st? :confused: