PDA

View Full Version : PS4 1080p and AA patch

SplCellPlayer
11-19-2013, 03:19 AM
I cant tell from previews I read - Is this patch out yet or not? I would like to play the game looking as good as possible and every source I read differs on the patch's release - some to it being a "day one" patch - then others to it being in the "near future".

does anyone know the exact release date of this patch? Thank you so much everyone!

Wolfmeister1010
11-19-2013, 03:20 AM
I cant tell from previews I read - Is this patch out yet or not? I would like to play the game looking as good as possible and every source I read differs on the patch's release - some to it being a "day one" patch - then others to it being in the "near future".

does anyone know the exact release date of this patch? Thank you so much everyone!

I believe the patch is already out.

phoenix-force411
11-19-2013, 03:32 AM
The patch is called "next-gen" or "PC"....

roostersrule2
11-19-2013, 03:59 AM
The patch is called "next-gen" or "PC"....What?

He's talking about the next-gen only patch.

Kagurra
11-19-2013, 04:03 AM
I think it's funny that the PS4 boasts native 1080p but like all of the games that have come out require an update to achieve that, and it always makes the game buggy and glitchy. It's been said about multiple games, and even DICE has said it was a result of the PS4 patch, even though they retracted that statement as a form of damage control. Sony was probably like "Hey DICE, guys, don't say that. Take that back. Here's some money, k?"

DICE makes Battlefield if you didn't know.

EDIT: Okay, this post seems kinda aggressive, I didn't mean to come off that way. I don't have anything against playstations, and have owned both a ps2 and 3 in the past. I'd say the same thing if this was the case when the xbox launches.

roostersrule2
11-19-2013, 04:42 AM
I think it's funny that the PS4 boasts native 1080p but like all of the games that have come out require an update to achieve that, and it always makes the game buggy and glitchy. It's been said about multiple games, and even DICE has said it was a result of the PS4 patch, even though they retracted that statement as a form of damage control. Sony was probably like "Hey DICE, guys, don't say that. Take that back. Here's some money, k?"

DICE makes Battlefield if you didn't know.At least it's in 1080p.

Seriously though, why even try and start a console war?

Kagurra
11-19-2013, 04:50 AM
At least it's in 1080p.

Seriously though, why even try and start a console war?

That wasn't my intention, just kind of on topic about the patch. Maybe OP didn't know that it could affect his game. I don't know what exactly it causes, but I hope it's not anything severe. They're working on fixing it, so maybe he would want to wait, I dunno.

Modified Soul
11-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Soooo any word on a 1080patch for XB1 or ?

Kagurra
11-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Soooo any word on a 1080patch for XB1 or ?

I don't think we'll see those just right away.

pacmanate
11-19-2013, 10:13 AM

You have misunderstood this. The 1080p patch didn't cause the PS4 problems, it was the PS4 software 1.5 update that caused the problems.

Kagurra
11-19-2013, 10:20 AM
You have misunderstood this. The 1080p patch didn't cause the PS4 problems, it was the PS4 software 1.5 update that caused the problems.

With what Dice said? Maybe I did get it mixed up. My bad.

While doing research on this that was inconclusive due to the overflooding of the same story reposted a bunch of times of AC actually getting the patch, I did see that the patch also included anti-aliasing, which is going to be on the XB1 aswell. Cool that both consoles are getting anti-aliasing.

pacmanate
11-19-2013, 10:42 AM
With what Dice said? Maybe I did get it mixed up. My bad.

While doing research on this that was inconclusive due to the overflooding of the same story reposted a bunch of times of AC actually getting the patch, I did see that the patch also included anti-aliasing, which is going to be on the XB1 aswell. Cool that both consoles are getting anti-aliasing.

Yeah they said a few days ago that they weren't to blame and it was Sony's new firmware update messing everything up. So thank you Americans for being the beta testers :p

The Xbox sure needs the AA.

Mr_Shade
11-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Guys, lets drop the thinly veiled console war posts...

The 1080P update - will be released shortly, please watch for updates.

pacmanate
11-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Guys, lets drop the thinly veiled console war posts...

The 1080P update - will be released shortly, please watch for updates.

I never lit a match with intent to start a fire. I was just going by what I've seen.

Mr_Shade
11-19-2013, 11:56 AM
I was making a general statement aimed at everyone.

Any patch released by any game developer - has strict testing to make sure it does not impact the system it's running on in a negative way, so I will leave it at that.

vizionblind
11-19-2013, 05:32 PM
dear Mr Shade... "SHORTLY" really angers a lot of people as it's so vague. Plus the back of the box shows 1080p when in fact it is not...

Mr_Shade
11-19-2013, 05:55 PM
dear Mr Shade... "SHORTLY" really angers a lot of people as it's so vague. Plus the back of the box shows 1080p when in fact it is not...
All PS4 games are capable of supporting 1080p via scaling - AC4 is one of them so tbh it's truthful.

If you notice many current generation titles also say that for the very same reason, so you should not be confused about pack info.

IF it was adrtised as being 1080p native and was not, that's different. However the game is being patched to support that as a bonus, so is said to be that with the patch only.

its it's better to be vague than outright lie about a date which they may not be certain of, they try to avoid that as much as possible.

please watch the forums and sites for updates about the release of the title update.

SteppenWCCR
11-19-2013, 06:33 PM
This patch just hit like 10 minutes ago. I was kicked offline while playing to d/l it. I can definitely tell the difference :)

vizionblind
11-19-2013, 06:41 PM
This patch just hit like 10 minutes ago. I was kicked offline while playing to d/l it. I can definitely tell the difference :)

really?

SteppenWCCR
11-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Yes, really. I have no other reason to make an account on here and post this. I was browsing the forums trying to find a time when it was coming out, and I get a popup saying I needed to d/l an update to reconnect.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 02:16 AM
really?
Yeap ;)

see it was "shortly" sorry I couldn't tell you before, since as I said, we don't like to announce a date / time - just in case :)

the full patch notes should be posted on the forums soon too.

phoenix-force411
11-20-2013, 02:35 AM
So does this actually make the game into 1080p, or is it just an upscale?

roostersrule2
11-20-2013, 02:40 AM
So does this actually make the game into 1080p, or is it just an upscale?The Xbox and PS3 can upscale a lot of games to 1080p so it's most likely in 1080p and not an upscale.

vizionblind
11-20-2013, 03:35 AM
So does this actually make the game into 1080p, or is it just an upscale?

it's full 1080p

Black Edge13
11-20-2013, 04:25 AM
it's full 1080p

^This. And it looks amazing. I did a few missions before the patch then realized it wasn't full 1080p and stopped to wait for the patch. And man oh man does this game look sooooo good with this new patch. Like I was just floored with the detail in edward's outfit. Just amazing looking. Can't wait to see how good the next AC game looks. Man I love this franchise. And honestly, with the quality ubisoft has been producing in recent years, they're easily my favorite publisher now. Their games all seem very polished with few if any bugs..Unlike EA/DICE rofl.

roostersrule2
11-20-2013, 04:30 AM
^This. And it looks amazing. I did a few missions before the patch then realized it wasn't full 1080p and stopped to wait for the patch. And man oh man does this game look sooooo good with this new patch. Like I was just floored with the detail in edward's outfit. Just amazing looking. Can't wait to see how good the next AC game looks. Man I love this franchise. And honestly, with the quality ubisoft has been producing in recent years, they're easily my favorite publisher now. Their games all seem very polished with few if any bugs..Unlike EA/DICE rofl.lol