PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading the Jackdaw...Worth It?

Wolfmeister1010
11-19-2013, 01:23 AM
When I first got my hands on the game, one of the first thoughts I had when I got the Jackdaw was "Okay! Now I need to focus EVERYTHING into upgrading my baby!" Upgrading the Jackdaw is one of the most talked about things in the trailers and interviews.

However, after fully upgrading my baby, I could not help but be annoyed at how she turned out.

I LOVED the reddish color scheme of the Jackdaw, and there was nothing more disappointing than upgrading to the final hull and seeing my ship turn into a royal blue vessel trimmed with gold and iron.

That is not what pirates are about.

I HATE the color scheme of the elite hull, so I might just not upgrade it fully when I get the PS4 version.

Also, I love being challenged at sea, and when I get the elite cannons, not only do they turn an unbelievable ugly and regal bright gold color, but they make it so that I can basically take out any ship while asleep. That is why I do not think I will upgrade it fully, to keep the challenge there.

Not upgrading fully will make my ship have less health, less firepower, and I may not be able to take down the legendary ships with it, but it is worth it to me, as I do not want my ship to look like it was painted and dresses up for the queen's royal ship auction.

What do you think? Will you upgrade your ship fully?

omniqix
11-19-2013, 01:26 AM
You have to if you want to take down legendary ships

Wolfmeister1010
11-19-2013, 01:31 AM

...i said that..and then explained why I dont care.

Thanks for restating my OP.

SleezeRocker
11-19-2013, 01:39 AM
I already powered up my ship. Hardly care how the ship actually looks as long as im rocking the Black Skull sails ;)

phoenix-force411
11-19-2013, 01:46 AM
If you're ever gonna replay the game over again, you can choose not to fully upgrade it, but for the first playthrough, it's best to get everything and 100% sync it just so you have a save with everything. I have to admit, the Jackdaw feels pimp'd when fully upgraded.

phoenix-force411
11-19-2013, 01:47 AM
I already powered up my ship. Hardly care how the ship actually looks as long as im rocking the Black Skull sails ;) The Black Ship sails are the best.

I-Like-Pie45
11-19-2013, 02:00 AM
if you upgrade your ship it only proves that you are not confident in your skills at the game

this applies to any game

be a pro and don't upgrade

AdamPearce
11-19-2013, 02:03 AM
So basically you are complaining about the lack of customisation in the game and it being too easy...

http://www.troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/please-tell-me-more.jpg

SleezeRocker
11-19-2013, 02:25 AM
be a pro and don't upgrade

That's right everyone, don't play PS4,XB1 or anything except this ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Magnavox-Odyssey-Console-Set.png

Wolfmeister1010
11-19-2013, 02:57 AM
So basically you are complaining about the lack of customisation in the game and it being too easy...

http://www.troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/please-tell-me-more.jpg

I never said anything about lack of customization. I just dont like the color scheme of the fully upgraded jackdaw. And yes, I do believe that once you fully upgrade your ship, naval combat does become too easy. Well, except for the legendary ships.

SleezeRocker
11-19-2013, 03:04 AM
I think they should make Legend Ship or at least equivalent ships battles so that you can have worthwhile fights using the pim pboatbile hehe

Wolfmeister1010
11-19-2013, 03:09 AM
I think they should make Legend Ship or at least equivalent ships battles so that you can have worthwhile fights using the pim pboatbile hehe

...what

xx-pyro
11-19-2013, 03:18 AM
It's fine how it is. I haven't even had the time to get all the upgrades yet since I'm back at school already and my PS3 is at home but I had everything else fully upgraded but without elite plans and naval combat was fun besides legendary ships which were impossible. I think as long as you don't rush for those things early on you should be fine, I had a balling time taking out forts in the south with my hardly upgrade Jackdaw so try that out.

Just leave the elite upgrades as endgame or don't get them at all if you don't like them, there isn't really a problem here.

RedTitan55
08-27-2015, 12:21 PM

I disagree, in black flag, i was able to defeat the hms prince with barely 60 percent weapon upgrade, it took me two or three try but i did it, the legendary, i defeated them with 85 percents upgrade (the only elite i had was the round shots, armor and explosive shot, i didn get the broadside at elite because i didn like the gold color as well, granted it took me 5 or 6 try to defeat el impoluto and the twins ships but when i did, i was proud of myself, i flat out refused to upgrade the swivel because its not realistic, in real life, swivels can't machine gun weak point with a precision that is only possible with a auto reload computer controlled canon from a modern warship, it felt like cheating, especially since the ennemy warship doesnt use their against your vessel

in rogue, i needed even less upgrade, i defeated the first 3 legendary ships with 61 percent upgrade and 64 percent weapons upgrade (i added more powerful explosive shots) for the storm fortress. all i had to do was make abusive use of the ram charge and avoid getting hit at the start of the battle until i could get close enough to pummel it, and the twin ships are basically much weaker version of the twins in black flag