PDA

View Full Version : DLC charted question. Did you get both paths? ps3 360

PANICATTACK10
11-18-2013, 08:08 PM
I am noticing something very strange here. so i need everyones help to figure this out right. when you buy older DLC. did you get both parts rthem and lead? did you import or not? what console did you buy them on?

sorry for such a long question. but i am missing the rythem parts in DLC my friends have. example i bought barracuda from RS2 for ps3. my friends on 360 imported RS1 and their DLC has both rythem and lead. so there are 3 possibilities here.

1 the importing gives older DLC for both lead and rythem

2 when buying older DLC from RS2 you only get one part not both.

3 the songs are charted out differently on ceach console.

i have also noticed even songs on disc are missing rythem parts for some of them. so is this diffirent from plateform to plateform? or is it diffirent from how you bought your DLC? also to the 360 users. are you missing rythem parts of songs both on disc and DLC?

thanks for everyones input. i find this very strange. my DLC ie smoke on water and barracuda are missing the rythem parts. so i need everyones help to figure out why thanks. hope i made sense. i use 360 cotroller to type lmao.

C.Linton
11-18-2013, 09:39 PM
It's a difference between the old versions, and the newer revisions that they did to be compatible with 2014. Some arrangements have indeed been changed and in some cases eliminated. (or added even)

SquirrellyNinja
11-18-2013, 09:43 PM
I am noticing something very strange here. so i need everyones help to figure this out right. when you buy older DLC. did you get both parts rthem and lead? did you import or not? what console did you buy them on?

sorry for such a long question. but i am missing the rythem parts in DLC my friends have. example i bought barracuda from RS2 for ps3. my friends on 360 imported RS1 and their DLC has both rythem and lead. so there are 3 possibilities here.

1 the importing gives older DLC for both lead and rythem

2 when buying older DLC from RS2 you only get one part not both.

3 the songs are charted out differently on ceach console.

i have also noticed even songs on disc are missing rythem parts for some of them. so is this diffirent from plateform to plateform? or is it diffirent from how you bought your DLC? also to the 360 users. are you missing rythem parts of songs both on disc and DLC?

thanks for everyones input. i find this very strange. my DLC ie smoke on water and barracuda are missing the rythem parts. so i need everyones help to figure out why thanks. hope i made sense. i use 360 cotroller to type lmao.

Some songs don't have Lead/Rhythm parts. When that's the case you'll see an "X" instead of a mastery number when you're on a path and selecting the song.

Are you aware of how to switch paths? I want to make sure you're just not switching paths to view the arrangements and that you're actually encountering songs with limited arrangements.

PANICATTACK10
11-19-2013, 01:22 AM
thanks guys much appreciated. as for the path question. i am on rythem right now. but there is an option with a switch to chane my path. when i do this i can play them as lead. i hear the intro but cant play till lead kicks in. i really was looking forward to playing intro though. thanks for the help everyone. :)

PANICATTACK10
11-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Some songs don't have Lead/Rhythm parts. When that's the case you'll see an "X" instead of a mastery number when you're on a path and selecting the song.

Are you aware of how to switch paths? I want to make sure you're just not switching paths to view the arrangements and that you're actually encountering songs with limited arrangements.

not sure please explain thanks. :) i can switch for each song. so not sure if i do know how to do that right. please explain thanks.

PANICATTACK10
11-19-2013, 01:27 AM
It's a difference between the old versions, and the newer revisions that they did to be compatible with 2014. Some arrangements have indeed been changed and in some cases eliminated. (or added even)

thanks a bunch. i thought i was missing out on the tracks i downloaded.

PANICATTACK10
11-19-2013, 02:50 AM
what i dont understand though. is my friend on 360 gets the E5 gallop for barracuda on RS2. but he imported RS1 where i didnt import RS1. he has it on 360. i have it on ps3. but i have RS1 on 360. the DLC does have the intros ie E5 on barracuda. so i am confused if its there or not. did they remove intros like barracuda and smoke on the water? can someone confirm this please.

C.Linton
11-19-2013, 03:03 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean.

PANICATTACK10
11-19-2013, 03:37 AM
i think you have the answer on my other thread. i need to sign in to uplay and get the arrangements. thanks for your time. i really appreciate it :)

Marauder359
11-19-2013, 05:07 AM
When they went back and updated the original RS1 disc tracks and DLC for RS2014 they did change many of them. However, the changes should entirely be consistent within RS2014... Meaning, if you and your friend both have that game, regardless of the platform, the song should be the same and have the same arrangements available.

I redeemed the whole Uplay deal for the extra arrangements before I played a single song, but I thought that unlock only applied to RS2014 songs and that RS1 and DLC songs had their alternate and bonus arrangements already there... Can someone confirm or deny that who has observed it?

I was a little confused by some of your nomenclature, but I hope this cleared it up. Let us know if things still don't match up.

PANICATTACK10
11-19-2013, 11:36 AM
ok heres the scoop. i wasnt hooked up to uplay at all. so i didnt get the bonus arrangements at all. so all i had was 1 version of lead. so my newly bought DLC didnt have the rythem intros ie E5 for barracuda. once i signed into uplay. i imediately bought the arrangements. which did allow me to play the full rythem intro under lead. so smoke on the water and barracuda all were charted correctly. so for older DLC you need the uplay arrangements for older DLC. thats why i didnt have the intros. i needed the arrangements to do so. so please pass this on to others with same proablem. it fixed my challenges.

thanks to everyone for your help. you guys rock! :)

LocalYokul
11-28-2013, 01:50 AM
What I can't figure out is where this guy got a Bass line for Smoke on the Water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyXhLga2GVc

When I started to download it on Uplay, it said it was for guitar, nothing about Bass.

C.Linton
11-28-2013, 03:55 AM
It IS there. Did you even look for it under the bass path? Or did you just take Uplay's (mistaken) word that it's not there? Just a heads up, some songs are missing all of the arrangements listings in the songs descriptions in the in-game shop. That does not mean the arrangements aren't there, they are, they're just not listed. Although the bass arrangement is listed in the shop for me.
BTW, that guy needs to work on his fingering on his left hand, he's waving them out away from the fretboard way too much. You should always keep your fingertips not much more than an inch or so away from the fretboard. He also needs to work on using his pinky finger a little more.

pedietz
11-28-2013, 05:54 AM
I'll admit, I was initially confused too. I assumed they were under "bonus arrangements" but weren't.

Press CTRL to look at your Path. Then switch your instrument from lead to rhythm to bass

LocalYokul
11-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Did you even look for it under the bass path? Or did you just take Uplay's (mistaken) word that it's not there? Just a heads up, some songs are missing all of the arrangements listings in the songs descriptions in the in-game shop. That does not mean the arrangements aren't there, they are, they're just not listed. Although the bass arrangement is listed in the shop for me.

I tried under Lead Guitar and under Bass. The same songs are listed. Most say they're for electric guitar with no mention of bass, and under arrangements it will say Combo and Single Note.

Marauder359
11-28-2013, 03:43 PM
I tried under Lead Guitar and under Bass. The same songs are listed. Most say they're for electric guitar with no mention of bass, and under arrangements it will say Combo and Single Note.

Hmmm... Since Combo/Single Note are terms from RS1 and Lead is a term from RS2014, I'll admit, you have me confused.

C.Linton
11-29-2013, 06:44 AM

By any chance are you reading the description on the RS1 add-ons page in the PSN store? Because I'm looking ta the description for Smoke on the Water, in the PSN store right now and it does indeed say only Combo and single listed under arrangements and nothing about bass, but those descriptions are very outdated, likely written before the original game came out with the bass expansion pack. I assure you. if you bought the DLC from the PSN store, you can safely ignore their descriptions. The bass arrangement is automatically included in any older DLC you buy now from RS1 to use in 2014. (except for those very few songs that don't have bass. SOTW is not one of those) In order to avoid confusion in the future, you may want to only buy from the in game shop from now on. They are missing a few listings of arrangements for some songs, but they are working on fixing that.
Trust me, the bass IS there for Smoke on the Water, I just played it yesterday.

LocalYokul
12-07-2013, 06:21 PM
They've now added little icons alongside the description, Blue for Bass.