PDA

View Full Version : Can't complete last assassination contract, not on map....

RoBg03
11-18-2013, 07:05 PM
So i have one more assassination contract to complete on andreas island, as it shows i have 1/2 completed. but i have no way to access it. the skull icon isn't on the map, and when i go to the pigeon coop, i can't interact and its not highlighted at all. It's not an issue where a guy got away and i have to wait for it to reset because i've spent hours in game and never got a reset. anyone else have this problem?

DetroitPlaya
11-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Do me a favour?

Go to your Side missions, Assassination Contract, and tell me which one it says is incomplete - and post it here? :) I had this "issue" in Havana.

The thing is, unlike past ACs, you don't have to re-accept the missions, they stay with you - but it won't tell you where your target is. So I googled the location of the target for my missions, went there - and he was walking around as expected.

It's annoying they don't at least leave the skull, so I assume it's a bug.

Kulgrim
11-18-2013, 07:24 PM
DetroitPlaya, sounds like a bug, since I had one "get away", I actually ran away to reset the bonus objective, and after awhile he reappeared on the map, with the skull icon and restricted area no problem.

DetroitPlaya
11-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I assume it's a bug.

However, it sounds like the exact same thing happening to the thread starter - so I hope the solution is as simply as mine. I feared I had to start everything from scratch.

Mine triggered because he got away, got the "Return later blah blah" - and I never returned (forgot about it, as I don't know the respawn timer), so it likely got lost among other missions. Maybe the game didn't expect me to leave the island/do several missions before reattempting.

RoBg03
11-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I assume it's a bug.

However, it sounds like the exact same thing happening to the thread starter - so I hope the solution is as simply as mine. I feared I had to start everything from scratch.

Mine triggered because he got away, got the "Return later blah blah" - and I never returned (forgot about it, as I don't know the respawn timer), so it likely got lost among other missions. Maybe the game didn't expect me to leave the island/do several missions before reattempting.

i figured it was a bug, but i'll try a few things. i've already killed every enemy on the island for good measure. i've had past missions where guys have gotten away, but it always respawns eventually and displays the event on the left of the screen so i know i have an open contract. i don't think there are any outfits/collectibles to gain from doing all the assassination contracts, but i'd still like to knock them all out.

DetroitPlaya
11-18-2013, 07:38 PM
You get a mighty fine sword from it.

But, if you go to the Progress Tracker => Side missions => Assassination Contracts, I will look up where it should be located. It might not be on that island you have to kill the person - in many cases you have to sail elsewhere.

Edit: http://www.gosunoob.com/ac4-black-flag/assassin-contracts/ might help, just in case.

pacmanate
11-18-2013, 07:50 PM
One contract says it at a fort but only appears right at the end when you do all the others.

RoBg03
11-18-2013, 07:58 PM
You get a mighty fine sword from it.

But, if you go to the Progress Tracker => Side missions => Assassination Contracts, I will look up where it should be located. It might not be on that island you have to kill the person - in many cases you have to sail elsewhere.

Edit: http://www.gosunoob.com/ac4-black-flag/assassin-contracts/ might help, just in case.

Apparently is the 'a slaver's business' mission. he's supposed to arrive by ship, maybe i missed it the first time and it bugged on me, cuz i''ve been hanging out around the area for a little while now and no ship has arrived.

DetroitPlaya
11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Apparently is the 'a slaver's business' mission. he's supposed to arrive by ship, maybe i missed it the first time and it bugged on me, cuz i''ve been hanging out around the area for a little while now and no ship has arrived.

Oh, yeah... I read about some assassination which is tied to a ship. A few seem to be bugged. :/

I suppose it will be patched at some point, seeing as many reported it.

Silent Running5
11-18-2013, 08:20 PM
So i have one more assassination contract to complete on andreas island, as it shows i have 1/2 completed. but i have no way to access it. the skull icon isn't on the map, and when i go to the pigeon coop, i can't interact and its not highlighted at all. It's not an issue where a guy got away and i have to wait for it to reset because i've spent hours in game and never got a reset. anyone else have this problem?
Yes, In fact I have three missing Contract Icons, The very last mission in Havana, and two on Crooked Island, If your on the world map and zoom in, the icon is there, but if your on the Island or in the city, there's no icon on the map.